Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got at least 3 months of food that'll give me and the family some decent variety.  After that, the beans, rice, and wheat are going to get really old, really fast.  Without gardening or hunting to supplement what I have right now, I'd be completely out in about 7 months, but would want to die after about 4-5.  Need more.  I want "decent" food for at least 1 year right now.  Once I'm out of my apartment and in a house, I'd like to bump it up to 2, and add A LOT more canned stuff.

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
30 days of food and water, plus enough for the dogs.

You could eat the dogs first.

They help keep the unprepared away and the GSD will be allowed to snack on anyone who tries to enter the compound.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well when I lived in Utah I had 3 months worth of food for 3 meals a day. Which would have left me with 6 meals a day for about 2 weeks. I like to eat...

Here even though the SHTFess is higher here in Nor Cal. I don't store food. All my neighbors are liberals and have no guns... My plan is to take their wimmins and their food. At least the attractive wimmins...

Ugliness starves.

My plans exactly
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#4]
9 months for the family and myself...
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If right now, all of a sudden, you could not get food from anywhere except from what you have already. How many days of 3 meals a day would you have for yourself and the people in your care, until you ran out?

Power, water, sewer are available as long as you pay your bill. But think of it as you lost your job, and your finances are the norm (you are in debt). Your kid(s) still go to school, you wife does not work, you need to find a new job, but new employment in your area is hard to get.

And if you take food from your neighbors at gun point/forciably, your going to be in worse shape. So no stealing food!

Several months at least. We wouldn't eat 3 big meals a day either to stretch it out. I'd have time to tend a large garden so I'd buy seeds and get to planting.

I don't need to worry about water or sewer as I'm on a well and septic field. Power to run the well and sump is, however, needed, but we'd obviously pay that.

I would take my design business to the Internet and work that way. I could also get a part time job working construction (or whatever earns money... I'd flip burgers if I had to). Whatever it takes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#6]
At least 3 months of 3 meals a day for family of 4 + dog.  Could stretch it out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top