Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad we kind of agree samsong. Given that i'm still learning about this world, it's only natural that I side with the party that is much more relative in its moral judgements, wouldn't you agree? Maybe as my opinion/moral judgement becomes more absolute as I experience life I will be less of a moderate sitting on the fence.

My father had his own prejudices, but one thing I do know growing up in this generation is that this world is now moving at a pace faster then anything before. I'm just 20, but my peers and I are already chastising "the young'ns" who now at 13 look like girls who are 18 and dress like whores. Last time it took like, 10 years for young people to look down on the upcoming generation as degenerates... I just left high school 3 years ago and I see a marked change.

It's social change, and to survive you gotta roll with the change. Like my college republican friends say, the next generation of republicans aren't going to be fat old white men who hate gays, change and pay lip service to religion, but will be true republicans in that they will be fiscally conservative and strive towards moral truths. If that's the direction they wanna go, then more power to them. Remember that we fought so hard for capitalism to win over communism and conformity. If your firm has what it takes, it will succede! Same can be said for absolute moral standards.

If people on this forum can't deal with social change, then that's a damn shame, because they are much more likely to have to deal with immigrants, increasing international competition for a slice of the economic pie, slutty pre-pubescent teenagers, and "moral decay" as our entertainment pushes the limits of our jaded social psyche than they are going to have to put their selector switch to SHTF and grab their bug out bag.

Right now I am democrat because of social issues, and because republicans aren't acting "republican" at all fiscally (quite the contrary), but I suspect when i start earning a living and people start taking away my hard earned money for dubious causes i'll switch to the most fiscally responsible/socially progressive party... it's a balancing act, again, a pitfall of just two political parties.

PS: The political party's opinion on firearms will have a big sway. Wesley Clark, run for president again damn you! Republicans, stop blowing away money like Hajis because there are no Democrats strong enough to stop you!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:25:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Safety doesnt exist. The reason behind a CCW is because you DONT feel safe. The feeling of  "safety" and gun ownership should never coincide.

BullSHIT.  Even in the safest city/location anywhere, there is always that crazy just waiting to try something.  With a weapon, optimally a pistol, you can defend yourself and others, with out.....  Columbine....

Imagein how that gun-grabber made fiasco at Columbine would have gone down if schools were not "weapon free zones".  (not too weapon free, the BG has weapons, duh!)  What if the faculty had weapons or heaven forbid, students as well?  How differently do you think things would have gone?  What if airline pilots were armed?  How differently do you think things would have gone 4 years ago?  Huh?

DU is that way
<-----------------

Perhaps you should read my statement. I am saying that there would be no reason to have a gun if you constantly felt safe. Dont accuse me of being a troll because your reading comprehension is pre-pubescent and imbecilic. Your "argument" completely agreed with mine.

There is no "self defense" claim if you dont believe there is anything to defend against. God damn, dude...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:13:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Homer: When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power ... like God must feel when he's holding a gun.

HA! HA!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Everyone tells me i'm a repub waiting to grow up.

Just be yourself, no matter where that puts you ideologically. The absolute worst you can do is to paint yourself into a corner deliberately and to adjust your opinions accordingly, i.e. adopting certain views only to be able to call yourself a conservative or liberal. Then you'd just be another sheep following blindly, and we already have too many of those on both sides.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Guns make my pee pee tingle.

I don't get quite the same reaction but having guns quiets down the voices my head...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#6]
you know it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top