Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I can never seem to get past those stupid little personality screening tests.  I swear I wanna kill those non-trusting sons of bitches and all of their families with a dull ice-pick.

Those slack jawed, might as well be burned alive,  I'd squash 'em like bug if I could get away with it, assholes, would be lucky to have a stable and well mannered guy like me around.

I hate those things.

---------------

Most all businesses are becoming more invasive with their application process.   The process used to be to make sure they get a good working stable person to do the job.  Now it's all liability related.  It appears we live in a land ruled by lawyers.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#2]
If you were applying for a hard-to-fill position, you can pull
shit like this. It sucks, but you have to follow their rules if
you cannot write your own ticket.

You need them, they don't need you.

That said: I would have done the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#3]
What are the phrases?  "Consumer Investigative Report?"  "Fair Credit Reporting Act?"  Oh, and there are state laws, too, so discuss it discretely with a lawyer in YOUR state if it's that important to you.  

The way you describe the paperwork you signed is inconsistent.   A reference or background check is not the same as a "personality test".  And telling them that they violated the law, unless you KNOW the law REAL well, was a big mistake.

The real question is whether they exceeded what you authorized (you did get a copy of the authorization you signed, didn't you?), and only a lawyer in your state can answer that fully.  The lawyer may advise you to request a copy of the authorization and the report, or may take it up themselves.  Or they may well tell you you don't have a case.

Whether or not a decision to not hire you because of your objection about their possibly exceeding your authorization, is a separate question for the lawyer.

There has been considerable BS spun in some of the earlier posts.  Even if it's well-meant, it does you a disservice.

I would expect that Lowe's had their lawyers word the authorization real carefully, but that doesn't necessarily mean that some know-it-all at the store level stayed within it.  

It would be ironic if in attempt to prevent future liablility for the actions of their employees, they broke the law and now face liability for how they handled your application.

But if you were as careless on your application as you were in the post (did you even check once for numerous mis-spellings?), I'd turn you down on that alone and save the money a check & report would cost.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't agree with what they did without my knowledge.  They could have contacted me or asked first.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I can never seem to get past those stupid little personality screening tests.  I swear I wanna kill those non-trusting sons of bitches and all of their families with a dull ice-pick.

Those slack jawed, might as well be burned alive,  I'd squash 'em like bug if I could get away with it, assholes, would be lucky to have a stable and well mannered guy like me around.

I hate those things.

Hopefully you do not vocalize those feelings at the interview...  

Aviator
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is up with all of these damn background checks these days?  My wife applied for at a grocery store bakery a couple of weeks ago.  Still haven't gotten back to her about the background check.

Jiminy F'n Crismas this stuff pisses me off.

You will find that a background check is mandatory now for all but the smallest companies.  The most common thing we find is somone who lied about their education.  We also have uncovered sex offenders who want to work with children or in offices with a high percentage of women.  Background checks are a civil liability thing now with large companies not wanting to hire someone who will cause problems or get them sued.

Oh yeah..    you'd be surprised at some of the fucking lunatics we've had pop up with hinky background checks.

I was never fired from any locations, no felonies or misterminers, or even traffic violations.

Yep, it's those misterminers you gotta worry about. They'll get you everytime.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't agree with what they did without my knowledge.  They could have contacted me or asked first.  

If that pisses you off... wait until you get your credit report and there's a bunch of companies running checks on you to pre-approve you for credit card offers that you never applied for.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Multiple BIs to work at Lowe's?

Good lord. I understand wanting to keep violent felons and pederasses out of contact with your customers, but this seems like a bit much.

Those damn pederasses....     Ten times worse than pederasts, I tell ya.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#11]
is it that hard to get a cashier's job? go to walmart
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah..    you'd be surprised at some of the fucking lunatics we've had pop up with hinky background checks.

No I wouldn't.  We own a pre employment background screening company.  I think we've seen it all.  The most common though are people who lie about their education.

In that case you wouldn't be surprised at all.

We dont do the education background check except for maybe 1% of employees, but yeah, I can see that one coming up a lot since it seems like such a harmless thing to lie about (to most people) that you could easily get away with.

We've had people with felony arrest warrants, convicted sex offenders, all sorts of shit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:22:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I found a couple out-source reference-checking and background-checking arrangements to to include terribly shoddy work.    One didn't use independently verified contact numbers for the previous employers (used the # provided by the applicant), or the county where previously emplyed, and the other didn't check ALL counties of residence in even the first prior year.

In the first case the 'prior employment' was 'confirmed', but in fact the applicant had been in state prison at the time.   In the other, the applicant had just arrived in PRK on the run from a warrant deep in the heart of Texas.  Gotta love them yellow roses.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was calm the whole time and never rose my tone or voice to him.  I still wanted the job.

GO TO COLLEGE

College is OVER-RATED I have a degree and it got me SQUAT

You got the wrong degree.   What is it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Well....thank you Mr. Luxan.  We'll call you.  we will keep your resume, uh, on file....

as you leave the room you hear a wadded up paper 3 point shot into the trash can across the room.

best way to hire non-cons is to threaten the FBI check and see how you respond.  they ain't got the money to do all that crap!   you fell for it.

Quoted:
I have had 2 interviews with them already and went it to do a personality test.

After the 2nd interview I filled out hte paper work for them to do a police background check on me.  The contract I signed was a SINGLE background check.

Today after I finished my personality test I was called into they're office.  My background check was to clean.  I was never fired from any locations, no felonies or misterminers, or even traffic violations.  The manager told me my record looked to clean so he was now doing additional searches with the FBI background check of some type and he listed some other things such as contacting the people and asking them more thoural questions.

I was dumbfounded and even though I needed a job, this was a breach of our contract and my personal information.

I was cool headed but informed him the contract I signed did not authorize these other checks, and that the text for my contacts stated it was for a personality check only (I forget the exact wording at this point, but would they recommend me and do they know me stuff).  I informed him that was a breach of my personal information and I wanted to know everyone who would be seeing that information.  I told him what they did was illegal in the State of WI, but did not know if he broke any Federal laws at this point in time other then breaching a written contract.  He called his supervisor who will be calling me later today on my cellular phone.

for the record I have no CRIMINAL or traffic violations since I turned 18.  I am now 25.  And I only had 1 ticket when I first got my lisence and that was it.  Nothing else is on my record because nothing else is on my record.

Was I in the right? I am only going for a regular CSA (peion at Lowe's).  Is this normally a very shady company?  I have no money left and am now borring money just to get to they're interviews and have not paid a car payment in over a month now.  I desperately need money, but is this place worth working for?

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I doubt they are running more background checks......something tells me that your education level was picked up in the second interview and they are too politically correct to let you know they do not think you are a good candidate..........JMO..........Lowe's is looking for 3 types of people for customer service positions.......

1. People that can sell, really sell.....self starters that realize most customers will say no much more often than yes........
2. People that have extensive expertise in a building trade with at least workable customer service skills......plumbers, electricians, carpenters, etc.
3. People that are hard workers, intelligent, and show leadership capability to move up within the company...

Again, my guess was that they did not see either one of these qualities, and are using the background check as an excuse to not give you a realistic appraisal of your qualities, they do not want to lose you as a customer after all........

My advise, learn spanish. If you have even a little bit of qualities seen in # 1-3 with great spanish skills your in and can name your price for the most part......
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Two words...

Infinite liability.

+1 You can thank all the ambulance chasing lawyers. If they hire someone with a criminal history who winds up going postal with a customer, then they'll get the hell sued out of them for negligence.

Texas Ed,  people like you crack me up.  if a school crossing guard anally rapes your 5 year old boy, you better believe YOU'd be asking if the school did background checks too.  same for a lowes employee fondling kiddies in aisle 5.  "which one, sweetie?"  "the one in the blue smock, daddie."  

it's people like you that are the first to call the ambulance chasers...the gutter prowling kind of lawyer that advertises on TV.  no one's disputing that lawyers suck.  But lighten up a little with the knee jerk finger pointing.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Two words...

Infinite liability.

+1 You can thank all the ambulance chasing lawyers. If they hire someone with a criminal history who winds up going postal with a customer, then they'll get the hell sued out of them for negligence.

Texas Ed,  people like you crack me up.  if a school crossing guard anally rapes your 5 year old boy, you better believe YOU'd be asking if the school did background checks too.  same for a lowes employee fondling kiddies in aisle 5.  "which one, sweetie?"  "the one in the blue smock, daddie."  

it's people like you that are the first to call the ambulance chasers...the gutter prowling kind of lawyer that advertises on TV.  no one's disputing that lawyers suck.  But lighten up a little with the knee jerk finger pointing.  

If a school crossing guard or a lowes clerk molests my daughter, I'LL be the one needing an attorney...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#19]
They are doing this for insurance and liability reasons.  Either Lowes corporate or their insurance company (or consultants) have developed profiles and procedures and they are following those.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#20]
They are doing this for insurance and liability reasons.  Either Lowes corporate or their insurance company (or consultants) have developed profiles and procedures and they are following those.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Lowe's is looking for 3 types of people for customer service positions.......

1. People that can sell, really sell.....self starters that realize most customers will say no much more often than yes........
2. People that have extensive expertise in a building trade with at least workable customer service skills......plumbers, electricians, carpenters, etc.
3. People that are hard workers, intelligent, and show leadership capability to move up within the company...

At Lowes?  The hardware store, "Lowes"?  The store that pays $7.50 per hour?

Around here, frankly, they look like they hire people who couldn't make it waiting tables or mounting and balancing tires.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Did you happen to read your application.  You know that part where you authorize them to check references, prior employment, etc etc.  That's all they're doing.  You opened your mouth and stuck your foot in it all the way to your kneecap.  

The reason you sometimes get into the Fair Credit Reporting Act is that some companies do both criminal and employment  background checks and Credit Checks.  So they handle all their reports to customer companies the same way.  Better to overdo than under do.

In any case the apparent fact that they were making follow-on checks means you passed the first set of hurdles.  My guess is they work looking at you for more than just a floor body.  And as far as legality is concerned, I'ld be really really really surprised if it wasn't perfectly legal.  In many corporations there are a bunch of HR types whose only job is to keep managers from doing dumb things.  Hiring is an easy place to dumb things so most people in a big company get trained  to avoid dumb things.  Doesn't always work, usually does.

Does your resume if any match your application and are they both accurate?  If not and you got bounced because of discrepancies (and not shooting your mouth off), make sure everything is accurate.  Just for future reference, and no implications here , never ever falsify an application.  That is a firing offense and companies are willing to say that they "fired" people now.  Used to be they wouldn't say anything other than job title and when you worked.  Now the pendulum has swung and companies will give an accurate negative report.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:44:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I doubt they are running more background checks......something tells me that your education level was picked up in the second interview and they are too politically correct to let you know they do not think you are a good candidate..........JMO..........Lowe's is looking for 3 types of people for customer service positions.......

Again, my guess was that they did not see either one of these qualities, and are using the background check as an excuse to not give you a realistic appraisal of your qualities, they do not want to lose you as a customer after all........

My advise, learn spanish. If you have even a little bit of qualities seen in # 1-3 with great spanish skills your in and can name your price for the most part......

Great post!  80 points.  Especially the part about learning spanish.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't know about Lowe's needing such fine and upstanding individuals... because if someone really fit that bill of being super motivated, a great seller, or management type, why don't they get a job at somewhere nicer?

I know for a fact that Best Buy's personality test wants you to be a subservient idiot. They are really just looking for C average high school grads. I know this because a friend and I both applied there, having both just taken Psych, knew about this Meyer's Briggs style tests. I was honest, said I was a independent thinking, quick learning guy, etc. etc. Friend lied, and said he was a mediocre slob.

He got the job.

and quit a month later because he was treated like dirt, haha

:)

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Is this Lowes some secret government organization that would require a security clearance?

PS:  I know it's a lumber store, just work with me on the humor angle here.

Selling lumber and nails is a top secret business
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:20:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Could you sound more JBT'ish?

I know you aren't from your attitude in other matters, and how you so often help folks with law enforcement questions.  
But holy crap, you even phrased it in the "approved JBT" terminology.

That was a pretty accurate appraisal. Not to offend, but after a while you can't see down the path from which you just traveled.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:22:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was calm the whole time and never rose my tone or voice to him.  I still wanted the job.

GO TO COLLEGE

Big plus 1,000,000
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
{sigh}

Which is exactly why each and every one of us just 'tells the man like it is' everytime our employer comes around with something stupud.

Dilbert anyone? Anyone?

If we all spoke our minds at the drop of a hat, nobody would have any job.

I'm pretty much self employed because corporate bullshit/politics makes me ill.
I'd give up income to be able to distance myself from the sickness that infects much of the business world and culture.

YMMV

Corporate life is so full of shit it makes other atrocities seem o-k
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I think many of you are confused about how the capitalist job market works. If Lowes wants to have onerous hiring practices it is their right. It is equally your right to not work there. Go work somewhere that better suits your ideas of justice and fairness.

Remember: A job is privilege, not a right.

BS--You think just like a self-righteous HR prick with delusions of granduer.

Gets your nuts of treating people with minimal dignity-May you burn in Hell
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:31:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If Lowe's is doing something illegal, then legal action needs to be taken to stop the illegal actions.

Am I the only one that sees this?????

Unfortunately, yes. Notice how every one lays the blame at the interviewee's feet?

There is a great reason for this:  They are they are the most ignorant leeches in our society.
The make deranged cops look like angels.
HR people are the pricks that got the fuck knocked out of them in school...now it is payback
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#31]
WTF:  Now you need a secret service credential to work at Loew's for 8 to 11 bucks an hour--Fuck Loews and others like them
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:37:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If Lowe's is doing something illegal, then legal action needs to be taken to stop the illegal actions.

Unfortunately, yes. Notice how every one lays the blame at the interviewee's feet?

There is a great reason for this:  They are they are the most ignorant leeches in our society.
HR people are the pricks that got the fuck knocked out of them in school...now it is payback

I...er..uh...not sure how to respond to this....

Are YOU an HR guy?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I...er..uh...not sure how to respond to this....

Are YOU an HR guy?

Absolutely not... But the sickest people I know are
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
WTF:  Now you need a secret service credential to work at Loew's for 8 to 11 bucks an hour--Fuck Loews and others like them

And your credit report had better be clean, cause they check that also.....

Being late on a few payments can get you labeled as an "untrustworthy" person.

Of course company Execs are completely trustworthy so you don't need to see their records.

Nor do Execs have to pee into little bottles while some HR geek looks over his shoulder.

But hey, if thats what it takes to get a crappy non-responsible position at a lumber and hardware store....just be a man....drop your pants and bend over......as so many here advise.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:52:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I agree 100%.  HR people are little liberal weasels who spend most of their day doing nothing, if they're even in the damn office.   They're the quitisential asshole running the corporate world today.  Why do you think most of the people you work with are little liberal pussies who have absolutely no backbone or individual mindset.  The "tough" conservatives who talk the game, but tuck their tail at every turn just to satisfy the liberal they so hate....they are the minority in the corporate world.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:10:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Luxon I only read two pages of this thread but it was enough to form an opinion.
Unfortunately as others have already stated, you probably screwed yourself out of the job by questioning this asshole.

But consider this, if they start out changing the rules before you are even hired what kind of BS will they pull after you are??? Is that really the kind of Company you want to work for? Personally I think you did the right thing, sadly the right thing is not always the best thing in todays world.

Good luck, if nothing else I like the fact that you stood up for yourself, maybe if they allow you to explain your feelings on this they will come around to your way of thinking......But I wouldn't hold my breath.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:43:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think many of you are confused about how the capitalist job market works. If Lowes wants to have onerous hiring practices it is their right. It is equally your right to not work there. Go work somewhere that better suits your ideas of justice and fairness.

So you believe a job is a RIGHT?!?!?!?! A company is REQUIRED to give you the job you want?!?!?!?!

Sorry, you're wrong.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:53:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
What is up with all of these damn background checks these days?  My wife applied for at a grocery store bakery a couple of weeks ago.  Still haven't gotten back to her about the background check.

Jiminy F'n Crismas this stuff pisses me off.

Guess who is responsible for the most loss that companies face? Employees.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:57:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO TO COLLEGE

In a lot of fields, you have to have a degree and know somebody. An example: I know two guys with identical degrees from the same institution. Equal skill. One is making 100K a year working on maintaining the network infrastructure for the FBI. The other guy is still trying to find a full time job and is working with us as an intern.

The difference? Guy A was "mentored" by someone who is in the field and established, and was thus fast-tracked to success. Guy B didn't have any networking and thus can't find a job.

Who you know is darn important these days.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:03:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
If this is how things are done now, then I would rather be like the tens of thousands that do nothing and get paid by the gov.  At least they don't require themselves to know my financial situations and everything else from the the FBI or whoever they want! not really but just about.

This really pisses me off.

I answered everything thuthfully and this is what you get in return in the US now?  Used to be if you were honest, hard working, and loyal to your company you were rewarded.  Not a trouble maker

Finances can be a big hitter.  If you have bad credit or have been late on payments, it shows an employer you are unreliable and untrustworthy.  Are you worried about this?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:14:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Lecturing the guy who is going to hire you is the quickest way not to get a job.

Interview Skills 101.  I suggest you look into it.

I love interviewees that won't/can't keep their mouth shut.  It saves me a lot of trouble in weeding jerks out.

Look on the bright side.  The interview guy was the hit of the office telling his friends about the idiot that started lecturing him about the "law" just before he was hired.  Every good joke needs a butt.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
This is probably very small consolation to you, Luxan, but I think you did the right thing.
Lowes conducted their background check on you, they conducted two interviews with you, you filled out their personality test.  These companies do not IMO have unlimited right to dig and dig and dig into your past.  I know there are a lot of folks who will disagree vehemently with me on this.  Some people seem to think that once you work for someone or even apply for a job that that constitutes some sort of indentured servitude in which you no longer have any rights as a citizen.  
It sounds to me that you stood up for what you understood was your fulfilment of your end of the deal as initially put forward to you by Lowes.  You did your part in good faith and that gives you every right to question further investigations, in my opinion.

I agree, if you don't get the job, go apply at Menards or Home Depot or the local lumeryard, or a medium size contractor and learn a trade.

I am an engineer, and declined to allow a company to check my credit - they wouldn't have seen anything other than faithful payments for budgeted expenses on a credit card anyway.  I didn't get an interview there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do I owe you a job?  Does Lowes owe you a job?  Does Lowes owe him a job?  Holy Crap!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is probably very small consolation to you, Luxan, but I think you did the right thing.
Lowes conducted their background check on you, they conducted two interviews with you, you filled out their personality test.  These companies do not IMO have unlimited right to dig and dig and dig into your past.  I know there are a lot of folks who will disagree vehemently with me on this.  Some people seem to think that once you work for someone or even apply for a job that that constitutes some sort of indentured servitude in which you no longer have any rights as a citizen.  
It sounds to me that you stood up for what you understood was your fulfilment of your end of the deal as initially put forward to you by Lowes.  You did your part in good faith and that gives you every right to question further investigations, in my opinion.

I agree, if you don't get the job, go apply at Menards or Home Depot or the local lumeryard, or a medium size contractor and learn a trade.

I am an engineer, and declined to allow a company to check my credit - they wouldn't have seen anything other than faithful payments for budgeted expenses on a credit card anyway.  I didn't get an interview there.

+1 to you both.  While Lowes has a legitimate reason to make sure they're not hiring someone who ripped off their previous employer, some folks make it sound like they should be able to invade your privacy at will.  The 'if you have nothing to hide' mentality comes out of simple minds in positions of authority for which they're not qualified.  Unfortunately, there seems to be quite a corporate (and governmental) appetite for those brownshirts, who reflect poorly on the ones of good morals and conscience.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#45]
6 out  of 7 questions in a row from somebody proving the old aphorism that profanity is the crutch of a mental cripple.

You don't like it, don't work there.  And like I mentioned, it probably wasn't a Credit Check, it was most likely a criminal and employment check.  Check the report copy you get back.

75-90 % of HR people have never worked outside HR, those of us that have really piss them off because we understand that the role of everybody in a company is to make money for the company, that includes not hiring losers, getting rid of losers and doing it as cheaply as possible.

Staffings job is supposed to be separating the wheat from the chaff.  When I was in the high tech environment we ran close to 80% chaff ALL the time.  Sometimes as high as 95% chaff.  I expect Lowes is running 50% chaff.

Even though some seem to think a job at a company is a right.  (Karl Marx??) nobody held a gun to your head and forced you in?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I agree 100%.  HR people are little liberal weasels who spend most of their day doing nothing, if they're even in the damn office.   They're the quitisential asshole running the corporate world today.  Why do you think most of the people you work with are little liberal pussies who have absolutely no backbone or individual mindset.  The "tough" conservatives who talk the game, but tuck their tail at every turn just to satisfy the liberal they so hate....they are the minority in the corporate world.

Dang..  we must really be lucky at our office. Our HR girl isn't a liberal weasel, works her ass off, is sweet, funny, and totally hittable. Oh yeah.

Not only that, but she'd laugh if I said that.

But otherwise, yeah, I've run into some whackjobs at various HR departments.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm sorry, but we have decided not to hire you. I'm afraid your background is simply too clean.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#49]
HR running the corporate world?  yeah where?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Who you know is darn important these days.

Id say for most, that knowing the right people is more important than a degree these days.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top