User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm trying hard to think of a better way to get somebody to shoot at you in traffic.

True.  The "pro-life" crowd can get violent.

Yea, but it could provide for a WHOOLE lot of fun

I'm no fan of abortions, but I HATE the "pro-life" crowd so much, I wish I could drive through their protest lines at 100mph in a snowplow.

Well, at least we know you take a consistent stand on murder.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm trying hard to think of a better way to get somebody to shoot at you in traffic.

By definition, the pro-life crowd does not murder. Stop being deliberately dishonest and use a better word.

Huh?

So, that guy who shot the Florida doctor did not commit murder?

Also, i've found that most "pro-life" people also tend to be pro-death penalty.

I would say they are not "pro-life" just pro certain kinds of life. But then again aren't we all?
People who commit murder are not pro-life. They may be anti-abortion, though.

And most? Really? I think you're just using that word for dramatic effect, and not with the support of any facts.

In any case, all your post does is attack the inconsistency of people, not the pro-life position.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The message is ironic.  I do trust certain woman, but why in hell would anyone trust a woman that chooses to kill her own children.  

This...

You would be REALLY suprised if you knew who in your circle of friends has had an abortion.

Ain't that the truth.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to go out on a limb here and say IBTL
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I am not pro-abortion, but the whole pro-lifers group make me sick.

There is an old priest who stands out infront of the local planned parent hood with a giant painting of Mary. He will drag out kids from a private school in the area in their little uniforms and stand them on the curb with signs...

7, and 8 year olds, holding signs they don't understand, about a topic they shouldn't have to know about at that age, all because an authority figure tells them to.

I want to go out there with a sign that states "JackAss" with an arrow and stand next to him. Find out how he really feels about the right to free speech in protest.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The message is ironic.  I do trust certain woman, but why in hell would anyone trust a woman that chooses to kill her own children.  

This...

You would be REALLY suprised if you knew who in your circle of friends has had an abortion.

I don't have any friends so there...

Who, send me in an IM.     I know of some, and while I don't hold it against them, I certainly wouldn't trust them.    From the standpoint of biology, it it difficult to imagine a more irrational act.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Fair's fair.   If you can get a "choose life" tag,  you should also be able to get a "Choose coat hangers" tag if you want to.

I'm not exactly in FAVOR of abortion, but I'd never dictate to a woman what she can and can not do to her own body and all within it,

as the concept of personal sovereignity is very much one of my core values,  and a core Libertarian value.

What you do to your own body is nobody else's business.

I won't interfere in your personal business and will defend your right to make your own CHOICE,  even if it's a CHOICE that I PERSONALLY

have no love for.

So now I'll be challenged to define the point at which the fetus/baby has rights.

I'll give you the answer according to me:

When the doctor slaps its ass and it starts to breathe.   Or when it's breathing on its own and isn't likely to die without major medical technology helping it..

CJ

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By definition, the pro-life crowd does not murder. Stop being deliberately dishonest and use a better word.

By defintion, neither does the pro-choice crowd.  Much as people have strong opinions about it, an abortion is not considered "murder" in any juristiction in the U.S.  Even before Roe v. Wade, I do not believe that illegal abortions were ever prosecuted as first-degree murder (someone correct me if I am wrong)

That said, when there are a small number of people that are willing to commit murder over the issue, they do seem to be on the pro-life side - people like Eric Rudolf, Michael Griffin, Scott Roeder, James Kopp, John Salvi, and their ilk.  

Personally, I find it to be extremely dishonest use of language when people talk about killing a "child" when describing an abortion involving a zygote.  It may be the ending of a human "life" (depending on opinions and definitions), but to call it a "child" seems deliberately disingenuous, in order to create an emotional argument.  A third-trimester abotion, (which I believe is generally illegal), does come close to the killing of a "child" I agree - but before the third trimester, I think the use of the label "child" is dishonest and misleading.  Just my opinion on the use of language.

Well said, I agree.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I look at most of the people getting abortions and I figure, "Why would I want them raising and indoctrinating another person? Or creating another mouth for my tax dollars to feed."

The child is better off dead, then?

Aside from the law, what's stopping you from killing the parents? Suppose murder were legal, is that something you would do?

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Abortion.  One thing you right wingers want to use the government to control people.  What happened getting the government to stop controlling what you can and cant do?  Guess in this case its ok.

Boooy your on the wrong website! I didn't think the illegalization of murder meant the government has too much power. I believe it was South Carolina who banned plates with a cross on it. Some gay shit about "separation of church and state". Yet that is no where in the constitution. So they basically banned your beliefs here. But you know, supporting ripping out a living baby from a mother with a red hot coat hanger is cool.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

By defintion, neither does the pro-choice crowd.  Much as people have strong opinions about it, an abortion is not considered "murder" in any juristiction in the U.S.  Even before Roe v. Wade, I do not believe that illegal abortions were ever prosecuted as first-degree murder (someone correct me if I am wrong)

That said, when there are a small number of people that are willing to commit murder over the issue, they do seem to be on the pro-life side - people like Eric Rudolf, Michael Griffin, Scott Roeder, James Kopp, John Salvi, and their ilk.  

Personally, I find it to be extremely dishonest use of language when people talk about killing a "child" when describing an abortion involving a zygote.  It may be the ending of a human "life" (depending on opinions and definitions), but to call it a "child" seems deliberately disingenuous, in order to create an emotional argument.  A third-trimester abotion, (which I believe is generally illegal), does come close to the killing of a "child" I agree - but before the third trimester, I think the use of the label "child" is dishonest and misleading.  Just my opinion on the use of language.

+1

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There is an old priest who stands out infront of the local planned parent hood with a giant painting of Mary. He will drag out kids from a private school in the area in their little uniforms and stand them on the curb with signs...

7, and 8 year olds, holding signs they don't understand, about a topic they shouldn't have to know about at that age, all because an authority figure tells them to.

I want to go out there with a sign that states "JackAss" with an arrow and stand next to him. Find out how he really feels about the right to free speech in protest.

Looks like he's just being resourceful...

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I look at most of the people getting abortions and I figure, "Why would I want them raising and indoctrinating another person? Or creating another mouth for my tax dollars to feed."

Aside from the law, what's stopping you from killing the parents? Suppose murder were legal, is that something you would do?

Child?

What child?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Abortion.  One thing you right wingers want to use the government to control people.  What happened getting the government to stop controlling what you can and cant do?  Guess in this case its ok.

At the risk of being flamed, I'm gonna be all crazy here and say maybe it's because we are against the legalization of MURDER????

Gun banners have no respect for life.  Abortion advocates have no respect for life.

Seems pretty fucking consistent to me.

Really?  So be being pro choice, i am for murder.  Since you are pro-life, you should be at every prison protesting the death sentences of criminals because they have a life do they not?

To come, Aborition is the best option, like it or not.  Why they choose that route is not for you or me to decided.  And i know a few women that have had abortions, and i can tell you, it tears them apart.  These people do not go about their lives because they have no soul, as you people try to say.  

But then again, if you had a daughter, and she was raped.  If she became pregnant from sad rape, then i am sure you would force her to keep the baby because who wouldnt want that reminder for the rest of there lives.  And if she gave the baby up for adoption, 1 day that baby is going to come looking for her.  Guess it would be good to say, i didnt want you because of so and so.  Great moral standard you would be living by.

Legal or Illegal, abortions will happen.  That i understand, but i have never understood the "life you life my way" that you people push on everyone.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally, I find it to be extremely dishonest use of language when people talk about killing a "child" when describing an abortion involving a zygote.  It may be the ending of a human "life" (depending on opinions and definitions), but to call it a "child" seems deliberately disingenuous, in order to create an emotional argument.  Just my opinion.

Actually, a child is considered a person –– as long as the mother wants it.  If the mother approves the murder, it's okay –– otherwise it's not, and the person who caused the death is prosecuted for murder.  Scott Peterson went up for multiple counts of murder for his wife and unborn child.

So, while part of your post is accurate (nobody's ever been prosecuted for first degree murder for an abortion), people have been prosecuted (and convicted) for murder for killing an unborn child.  The distinction is ludicrous.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And by definition, "pro-choice" does not necessarily mean "pro-abortion".

I am pro-choice. As a Catholic, I acknowledge free will.

Pro-choice, as commonly used, would be better described as pro-abortion-on-demand.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Child?    

What child?

The one who hasn't been born yet. Should I have used "human being" instead?

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#22]
DKProf nails it, as usual.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I am pro-choice. As a Catholic, I acknowledge free will.

Pro-choice, as commonly used, would be better described as pro-abortion-on-demand.

The term "pro-choice" as used today is disingenuous at best.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exploiting children who have no knowledge of a topic in order to try and draw sympathy to a cause...

Bet you would feel a whole lot differently if you saw some gun grabbers with a group of children holding signs that stated "save my life, ban guns"

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What child?  The point of abortion is to end the pregnancy before there is a child.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#27]
title seems misleading. They are not available yet, they need to get the min-number pre-ordered before they can even introduce a bill in the GA.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What's the problem?

The pro-life advocates got license plates approved in March or this year.  If one side of a divisive social and political issue is allowed to use the state's license plates as a bill-board for their views, it seems only fair to allow the other side to do so as well.

Oh, and the CPA plates destroy me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Exploiting children who have no knowledge of a topic in order to try and draw sympathy to a cause...

Bet you would feel a whole lot differently if you saw some gun grabbers with a group of children holding signs that stated "save my life, ban guns"

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
title seems misleading. They are not available yet, they need to get the min-number pre-ordered before they can even introduce a bill in the GA.

Not even a challenge in this plate's case...
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

By this do you mean he used his privileged position of moderator to state his opinion?  I bet he's glad his mother apparently thought unborn children were people.

ETA:  Sorry DK and the rest of you "pro-choice" types in here.  The second the egg is fertilized it will do everything possible to grow into a child, and is thus a human life.  Anyone who plays word games to try to claim otherwise is trying to justify ending human life for convenience.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Spoken like a true liberal college professor.

Call it a human or a child or whatever you want. It is still the killing of what is or will be a human being.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boooy your on the wrong website! I didn't think the illegalization of murder meant the government has too much power. I believe it was South Carolina who banned plates with a cross on it. Some gay shit about "separation of church and state". Yet that is no where in the constitution. So they basically banned your beliefs here. But you know, supporting ripping out a living baby from a mother with a red hot coat hanger is cool.

I agree, its not in the constitution.  Neither is "right to privacy" or "right to a fair trial."  And for the record, i dislike both the right and the left.  Both republicans and democrats in office are bought and paided for.  Neither has my best interest, just those that give them the most money.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You took my statement in the wrong direction. My post was a critique of language, too. It might have been better phrased "A murderer is not pro-life."

Child can refer to a lot of people, ranging from birth to age 18, and even beyond. So why stop using the label at birth? The human doesn't spring into being while passing through the birth canal.

For the sake of this argument, I'm agreeable to cease using emotional (albeit correct) language. I'm willing to call all adults, children, fetuses, etc. what they are: human beings.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Abortion - $1500

Look on the woman's face standing before Jesus on judgement day holding her murdered child? PRICELESS
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What child?  The point of abortion is to end the pregnancy before there is a child.

So what would you call the human being that the abortionist is killing?

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Spoken like a true liberal college professor.

Call it a human or a child or whatever you want. It is still the killing of what is or will be a human being.

He isn't calling it a human or a child, he is calling it what it actually is...... by OMG it's real medical fucking name.   Can it survive outside of it's mother when it's a zygote?........ Nope = Not a child.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yuck it up all you want (and thanks for the meaningful contribution) but it's true.  I think abortion is an abomination.  But I don't think it's an appropriate place for .gov intervention any more than I think the government has a right to tell me what I can or can't have in my gunsafe.  I may (and do) think that abortion is wrong, but I don't think it's the government's place to tell a woman what to do with her body.  I'm not pro-abortion by any means - I think women should CHOOSE not to have them, not be legislated into it by government intervention.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

By this do you mean he used his privileged position of moderator to state his opinion?  I bet he's glad his mother apparently thought unborn children were people.

ETA:  Sorry DK and the rest of you "pro-choice" types in here.  The second the egg is fertilized it will do everything possible to grow into a child, and is thus a human life.  Anyone who plays word games to try to claim otherwise is trying to justify ending human life for convenience.

Going full retard much?

I love that argument.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#41]
This thread seriously needs to be locked before it gets ugly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no objective factual basis for that claim.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

This thread seriously needs to be locked before it gets ugly.

Irony, right here.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Going full retard much?

I love that argument.

apparently not as much as you if you think an unborn child is not a human...
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not as voilent as burning a baby out of a womb, thats Jeffery Dahmer shit right there,.

+ 1000
And we think Hitler was bad

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yuck it up all you want (and thanks for the meaningful contribution) but it's true.  I think abortion is an abomination.  But I don't think it's an appropriate place for .gov intervention any more than I think the government has a right to tell me what I can or can't have in my gunsafe.  I may (and do) think that abortion is wrong, but I don't think it's the government's place to tell a woman what to do with her body.  I'm not pro-abortion by any means - I think women should CHOOSE not to have them, not be legislated into it by government intervention.
All this!

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Going full retard much?

I love that argument.

apparently not as much as you if you think an unborn child is not a human...

Go and quote me where I've said that, I'll buy you a dillo.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you really equating the value of unborn human beings to firearms?

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

What's the problem?

The pro-life advocates got license plates approved in March or this year.  If one side of a divisive social and political issue is allowed to use the state's license plates as a bill-board for their views, it seems only fair to allow the other side to do so as well.

I have a problem with EITHER side...it's a frikkin registration, not a billboard.

Ridiculous...it takes man hours to make sure a % of the fee paid gets to whatever organization it's supposed to: man hours we pay for thru taxes, not car registration fees.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Before you people gripe too much, understand that VA law makes it VERY easy to get a new category of personalized plate.  There are now more than 200 different plates categories, including ones like these:

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/exec/vehicle/splates/info.asp?idnm=IFV

With this many, there are bound to be some that an individual objects to...

I know I am personally offended by the University of Florida ones.  

Didn't they use to have Football Team a while back?

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top