Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I can agree with that.  The last few times I took firearms classes, my boyfriend was my personal ammo bitch.  (I say that lovingly).  And he always cleans the guns.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tweeter, when I got out of the Army,I always made sure my hubby's uniforms were all ready for him for the week. He never had to worry. I am glad you have a great wife and one that is appreciative of what you do. It makes a big difference.

I told her about your comment, she blushed.

After three years as a recruiter (hardship tour), a year in Korea (hardship tour number two) and a year in Iraq (combat tour) she said she'll still be there.  We just found out yesterday that I will be attending Drill Sergeant School in January and will be assigned to Fort Benning, Georgia.  That will be a total of eight years of hardship, combat and special duty assignments.... in a row.  She said she'll still be happy doing my laundry and cooking for me.

I know how good I have it, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hubby makes supper almost every night and is a talented chef.  He loves his son, reads to him, plays blocks with him, carries him like a sack of potatoes, and is planning fishing expeditions for his near future.  Hubby is cautious and strong, smart and philosophical.  Hubby is always right , but at least he has a sense of humor about it when I point it out, sometimes.  Hubby would die for our son and is a good man in an emergency.  

Aw....

My wifey is the sweetest woman I know , except when she's fightin' like a banshee for what she thinks is right .....    She's the most honest and trustworthy woman I've ever known.   She loves our son like a good mommy should, and understands her job as Mother is the most sacred and important thing a person could ever do  .  She lets me win arguments when I should (sometimes), keeps my feet more or less planted in reality  (sometimes), and is truly the BEST thing to ever happen to me, especially if you count the beautiful baby boy she brought into our lives!

And she's a pretty darned good shot.  

I won't mention the "other" things ........ like this  or I will get some of this  or maybe even

love ya daydreamer.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
All these sweet things are making me sick!  

My husband is gone for months at a time (military life - just grand) and comes home and hollers within five minutes.  I can never do enough for him.  He doesn't think I do anything while I keep a big house clean, take care of bringing up our four beautiful children (from 19 to 6), running errands for them, for him, taking care of everything from morning to night seven days a week - 24 hours a day!  All I ask is that he work and bring home the bacon and shut the hell up.  So, yes he does make the money - but, he complains about it, complains when he gets off work at 4pm to join me in my doing nothing stage, and complains that I should be working, making money too.  Why?  When?  Who will take the kids to school and pick them up each day?  How?    

Okay, I'm stupid.  Explain to me WORKING.   I don't even have time to sit and eat my lunch, which I usually skip and eat dinner only per day.  So, what's that?  

I don't watch soaps.  I don't get time to read the newspaper.  The tv is barely on at night, because of homework helping, so I miss the news there.  

I take my job, my responsibility with great pride and joy, not to mention, IMPORTANCE.  Bringing up children PROPERLY, good morals and values (what's that nowadays?!) is my job.  Making sure they are doing the best and getting good grades.  Making sure they aren't freaks, aren't druggies, and will succeed later in life.  It usually doesn't come from within the children.  Usually kids don't love school (in my personal opinion.)

So, you guys might ask "what do you do?"  I cook.  I clean.  I do all laundry.  I take care of all finances, and pay all the bills.  I do the yard.  I do the garage.  I wash the vehicles (one being a Denali XL baby).  I cut the roses.  I mow the lawn.  I do everything without complaining - and it feels good to get it off my chest.  I take care of making sure every broken thing in the house gets repaired -usually by me, if I can do it.  I help with homework.  I organize.  I clean and clean and clean - that seems to be an endless chore.  I lay bricks in walkways.  I take out the garbage (and that includes when he's home!)

You would think that the smallest thing - go to work and leave me alone, I've got enough stuff to take care of, without hearing you complain - would be okay.

SEX  - yeah, it's GREAT (after all these years) , but like I have energy after my day.

I feel so much better

Will you marry me? Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hubby makes supper almost every night and is a talented chef.  He loves his son, reads to him, plays blocks with him, carries him like a sack of potatoes, and is planning fishing expeditions for his near future.  Hubby is cautious and strong, smart and philosophical.  Hubby is always right , but at least he has a sense of humor about it when I point it out, sometimes.  Hubby would die for our son and is a good man in an emergency.  

Aw....

My wifey is the sweetest woman I know , except when she's fightin' like a banshee for what she thinks is right .....    She's the most honest and trustworthy woman I've ever known.   She loves our son like a good mommy should, and understands her job as Mother is the most sacred and important thing a person could ever do  .  She lets me win arguments when I should (sometimes), keeps my feet more or less planted in reality  (sometimes), and is truly the BEST thing to ever happen to me, especially if you count the beautiful baby boy she brought into our lives!

I won't mention the "other" things ........ like this  or I will get some of this  or maybe even

love ya daydreamer.  

You two are too damned cute!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I had to get on and say a few things about cowboy. He has been my number one supporter since the day we meet. No one has ever held me up so high above everything  else. He calls me angel and treats me like one. We have only been together for 5 years but i feel like i have known him forever. I think i always knew he was out there and from the moment i saw him i knew he was right for me.
I know with him i will always be safe. He protects me all the time and i love that. I am very old fashioned and believe men should watch over the women and he understands that.
I can see myself walking down the isle toward him someday and watching him play in the yard with our future children. You just know when someone is gonna make a good dad and he will.
I love him and though we arent perfect we are perfect for each other.

PS-he also puts up with my dog habbit. If i see a dog i autmatically want to take it home, cant help it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#8]
is just saying all that because I let her shoot my suppresed .22

I wish i was more eloquent, but all I can say about her is she is wonderful. She supports whatever interests I may have and my massive gun habit. She is the most loving and caring person I have ever met and i am lucky to have found her. I hope someday I can finally give her everything she needs and deserves in life.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:13:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aw....

love ya daydreamer.  

You two are too damned cute!

Not really.  You're just seeing our good side  It sure is good though
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:59:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Tweeter, if only ALL military wives were like that. Hang on to her and when you finish your stint as a DI, make sure you do something really special for HER. Good luck.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top