Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
It's 11:59:59PM 1999 here in Florida. I just took 166 iodide pills just to be safe. I think between the reactors and the oil in my area this should be enough.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]

My friends, there are two kinds of people in this world:  Those with iodine, and those who die a painful ugly death of thyroid cancer.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
holy shit, bottles like those I posted above are selling for $250 on fleabay.

time to take advantage!!!!

hopefully the fact that they're 6 years expired won't deter buyers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#4]
After all our government will take care of us.  You certainly wouldn't think they would have a shortage like the Japanese are having.  Everyone should wait until it is necessary and the govt passes it out.   Guess I should carry a nail file instead of my .45.  HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#5]
That's nuts.

I live less than 20 miles from Limerick... and wanted to keep a supply onhand anyway. The recent disaster was the kick in the pants I needed to get some onhand for an emergency.

I ordered two bottles of 240ct on the very next day after the disaster (3/12)... and it only cost me $41.52 shipped to my door.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Wouldn't the Tokyo reactor have to magically rocket up to the upper atmosphere, rearrange itself and explode like a multi megaton nuclear bomb before there would be even the slightest chance of fallout carrying all the way across the Pacific to the US?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Everyone needs to just chill on this. We'll be just fine.  

I installed Big City Thinker 2.0 on my computer and it immediately popped up a dire warning telling me to rush out and buy an NBC suit.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Besides getting KI tablets, Is this the time that building an ammo fort will actually protect us?

AMMO FORT TIME?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
With the 4th reactor on fire, and 3 exploding, is there enough concern for folks in the U.S. to buy potassium Iodide??

If the reactors melt down in the future, does that warrant buying some "just in case"??

No, relax

THIS.  

If you're buying survival preps, there's a ton of things (food and ammo, for example) that would be much smarter to purchase.

Other points:
1.  There probably won't be a release of radiation from Japan any larger than what has already occurred.
2.  Even if there is fallout from Japan, it isn't going to harm anyone in the US.  Fat Man, Little Boy, and Chernobyl all failed to harm America; this will too.
3.  US reactors keep stocks of Potassium Iodine pills on hand to dispense to people affected by a nuclear disaster.
4.  Chernobyl didn't have a concrete containment structure; all US power reactors do.
5.  To my knowledge, ALL modern reactors are safer than Chernobyl (Russia modified the existing RBMK reactors to be safer, and other designs were already better).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top