Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Listening to him and Michael Yon at the height of the HK protests you’d have thought the Chinese control of HK was on its death bed. They went way past simply providing reliable on the ground news reports to open cheerleading.
View Quote

Hard to keep a impartial poker face when freedom is on the line but yeah, you have to maintain credibility. I was asked back in 2013 about Hong Kong’s future and I sadly had to respond “they’re fucked”
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]
My favorite part is that the tweet's only gotten more popular over the course of the day. The internet (Well, mostly irate Indian men) has effectively willed this into becoming a mass perceived truth, and until Xi makes a public appearance again, we're seeing a practical Schrodinger's cat scenario play out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My favorite part is that the tweet's only gotten more popular over the course of the day. The internet (Well, mostly irate Indian men) has effectively willed this into becoming a mass perceived truth, and until Xi makes a public appearance again, we're seeing a practical Schrodinger's cat scenario play out.
View Quote
Schrodingers pooh
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I agree…there is something big coming.  This is all setting the stage for what is going to happen in the end times!
View Quote

Do you think right now is worse than say 1942 when the Nazis held most of Europe, North Africa, and had made a ways into Russia. The Japan had raped and pillaged across most of the east? A literal world at war, right after a decade of drought and financial depression…and today gives you that feeling?

I still think Americans have a terrible perspective on history

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Isn't there an old saying "if you go against the king, do not fail."  It seems we have our answer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hours slow on the info there bud...

3 people have already been executed and this is a dupe thread

I don't know how the kids post the twitters to here

from his link:

"The main originator of the #China coup rumor is now saying that the rumor is not true.

Now she adds that 3 senior anti-Xi officials were sentenced to death. We'll have to see if there are reliable sources that can validate those statements, but don't hold your breath."

Isn't there an old saying "if you go against the king, do not fail."  It seems we have our answer.

"You come at the king, you best not miss." -Omar

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't really have a solution to this, and I'm not suggesting one, but if I might opine for a moment:

1. Those "news" sources. Really? Really?
2. I'm a bit miffed that GD has basically turned into the angry comment section of other people's content, over the past several years. Seriously - most of the threads in GD these days are basically "Here's a link to some shit somebody else wrote and/or filmed. It makes me angry and/or anxious about things. How 'bout you? Discuss".

It's sort of depressing.

Anyway - back to your thread.
View Quote

Real conversations get shadowbanned. Chaff remains.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Real conversations get shadowbanned. Chaff remains.
View Quote
I wouldn't call it Chaff. Whether this is organic or actually part of a psy-op, it's a pretty exciting experiment to watch play out in real time, and everybody should be paying attention, because this (the use of social media to spread constant fake events as a form of psychological warfare) will also be happening to us in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, Citizen Free Press is a news source, one of the best. Presently I am at the farm and cannot be in China to report.
Gordon Chang is one of the most knowledgeable people about China
View Quote
Citizen Free Press is a ragebait site. Enjoy driving clicks for shitbags.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, Citizen Free Press is a news source, one of the best. Presently I am at the farm and cannot be in China to report.
Gordon Chang is one of the most knowledgeable people about China

Any site that reports real news must by definition be a rage bait site. It's the world we now live in.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We have chased away or banned many original content creator accounts here. Be it people with stories, expertise, or something of note to share about their oddball life, they have been largely been shun or shut down.  Interesting discussion forums require interesting people to function.
View Quote

Yeah, this
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

People lately seem to seek out news only from sources that will tell them what they want to hear (confirmation bias), and its not something exclusive to the left or right. There’s no objectivity anymore. The right use to be a lot more inoculated to this type of stuff but thats started to change.

People here lost their freaking minds because Tucker Carlson, who is probably the most influential conservative now that Rush is gone, didn’t buy Sidney Powell’s crazy ass stories.

All it takes is one point of disagreement and you are cast out of the tribe.  If you don’t believe something 100% you are not a conservative and are a communist never trumper, du’s that way yadda yadda yadda.

Its devolved to the point where it’s just default opposition to what ever position the other side holds. IE Stimulus checks. Trump bucks are good, then its bad when Biden does it.

Some of the wacky shit being thrown around here lately really makes us seem like the loonie conspiracy theory types the left always claims we are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[/i]2. I'm a bit miffed that GD has basically turned into the angry comment section of other people's content, over the past several years. Seriously - most of the threads in GD these days are basically "Here's a link to some shit somebody else wrote and/or filmed. It makes me angry and/or anxious about things. How 'bout you? Discuss".

It's sort of depressing.

People lately seem to seek out news only from sources that will tell them what they want to hear (confirmation bias), and its not something exclusive to the left or right. There’s no objectivity anymore. The right use to be a lot more inoculated to this type of stuff but thats started to change.

People here lost their freaking minds because Tucker Carlson, who is probably the most influential conservative now that Rush is gone, didn’t buy Sidney Powell’s crazy ass stories.

All it takes is one point of disagreement and you are cast out of the tribe.  If you don’t believe something 100% you are not a conservative and are a communist never trumper, du’s that way yadda yadda yadda.

Its devolved to the point where it’s just default opposition to what ever position the other side holds. IE Stimulus checks. Trump bucks are good, then its bad when Biden does it.

Some of the wacky shit being thrown around here lately really makes us seem like the loonie conspiracy theory types the left always claims we are.

Sadly, sources that lay out the facts and the theories from both sides are long gone. Partisan clickbait drives more revenue.

Then the TCEI drives supporting the gov narrative over anything else.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]

That title thou, lol.

I can't believe they printed that, but it sure is funny.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#16]

He looks like he enthusiastically supports Xi’s administration.

TC
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Any site that reports real news must by definition be a rage bait site. It's the world we now live in.
View Quote
Shitty stuff has always happened. Some sellers of clicks distill it and concentrate it into high dosage, high proof unhappiness and there are plenty of people consume it with glee because they would rather be miserable.  It's a beautiful day outside. Go shoot, go hit on a woman and get your dick wet, go play with a dog.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Gordon Chang is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.
View Quote

Is he a gentle lover as well?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That's quite the title
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

TC
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Shitty stuff has always happened. Some sellers of clicks distill it and concentrate it into high dosage, high proof unhappiness and there are plenty of people consume it with glee because they would rather be miserable.  It's a beautiful day outside. Go shoot, go hit on a woman and get your dick wet, go play with a dog.
View Quote

Read that a little too fast and......let's just say it went high and right.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Probably arrested because he wasn't hard-core communist enough.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah?, don't fuck your dog.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Is this a viral outbreak? Do we get zombies?

Pleas tell me we get zombies this time!

Upon further reading, no it's not a viral outbreak.

So... we don't get zombies, again!

China is such ass hoe!
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't know which of these reports to believe.  This one would be tough to hide.  

80km long Chinese military convoy - heading towards Beijing
https://independentsnews.com/2022/09/80km-long-military-convoy-heading-towards-beijing-airlines-railways-have-canceled/
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't know which of these reports to believe.  This one would be tough to hide.  

80km long Chinese military convoy - heading towards Beijing
https://independentsnews.com/2022/09/80km-long-military-convoy-heading-towards-beijing-airlines-railways-have-canceled/
View Quote
Do you people not pay any attention to these websites?

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#28]
That dumb shit said China would fall, by 2011.

Why the fuck would ANYTONE take a single thing he says as serious?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It’s the 24th
View Quote

Holy shit, you’re right!
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That dumb shit said China would fall, by 2011.

Why the fuck would ANYTONE take a single thing he says as serious?
View Quote

Gordon Chang is the most knowledgable person regarding China.

It's written right there in black and white.

What did you miss?

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#31]
~1min video of Chinese troop convoy - reportedly headed to Beijing.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Gordon Chang is the most knowledgable person regarding China.

It's written right there in black and white.

What did you miss?

https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-14-2021/nbvNS1.gif
View Quote

LOL True.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#33]
All just a rumor till the Canadian Prepper anounces it as fact, just Say'in
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I grow more convinced every day that I lacked an adequate appreciation for how much Rush Limbaugh contributed to a somewhat coherent "opposition" message when he was alive, even as the media environments was going nuts. His death was like the scene in Loki where they killed "He Who Remains" and the timelines started splitting erratically.

View Quote

Agree, Rush and Breitbart
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, there was definitely a lot happening in that sentence….should definitely be read slowly!
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

"You come at the king, you best not miss." -Omar

View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#39]
????
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#41]
The 24th has been a boring day.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Yawn
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shanghai is the base of power for Xi's rivals within the party.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
????
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#46]
So, lets say that Xi is gone, will the new leader(s) expose Biden & son?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#47]
It’s much worse than we all thought.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So, lets say that Xi is gone, will the new leader(s) expose Biden & son?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#49]
If it had to guess what's really happening is that Xi is consolidating power and what has been bouncing around right wing clickbait media is a combination of wishful thinking from Falun Gong cultists and deliberate disinformation.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Not quite China, but close enough.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top