Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Did I make it?

Edit: nope but two is mine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
LEO's should exemplify the laws and ideals they are employed to uphold.  This guy should be fired and ostracized from the LE community.  Short of that, LE will rank a peg lower than FSA in my book.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
From the comments:
"Maybe the dog was driving"

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And people wonder why Dorner became a hero.

People do not wonder, police do.

Thats becasue to many of them live in an alternate reality where they are God.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are right. He shouldn't have played the games. He should have stopped the guy and given him a carbon copy to memorialize the errors in his driving.

I'm pretty sure he was out of state. He also must not have seen that Russian bus driver vid.

BTW. The guy was filming because the cop was an ass. It is hard to defend what that cop did.

He could have called it in for the local agency. Either way, when the guy tapiing starts his show by tailgating, he isn't winning any points. He is also nice enough to accelerate when the cop gets in front of him.

When tards collide should be the name of the video.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Dumb fuck... If I did that I would expect to get fired.

I would have cited him for being that close to me to begin with however (when the vid first starts).

Edit: NM, I guess the cop was out of state?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Out of state police officer = regular citizen.   Pass at will.

...and i do. Once a year here in DC, police week get FULL of out of state PD. I blow pass them all the time and wave hi.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Guy tailgates a cop and another car while video taping and driving at the same time.

Then calls bullshit.

Cop breaks law by holding up the left lane and is driving like an asshole on other guys side more like
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
The driver reported the incident and the Police officer was held accountable for the incident.

Translation.

Fellow officers watched the video and then high fived their co-worker.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
LEO's should exemplify the laws and ideals they are employed to uphold.  This guy should be fired and ostracized from the LE community.  Short of that, LE will rank a peg lower than FSA in my book.

I have seen guys fired for less.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You should watch my little pony, friendship is magic.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are right. He shouldn't have played the games. He should have stopped the guy and given him a carbon copy to memorialize the errors in his driving.

I'm pretty sure he was out of state. He also must not have seen that Russian bus driver vid.

BTW. The guy was filming because the cop was an ass. It is hard to defend what that cop did.

He could have called it in for the local agency. Either way, when the guy tapiing starts his show by tailgating, he isn't winning any points. He is also nice enough to accelerate when the cop gets in front of him.

You're delusional. The private citizen from NC was cruising in the passing lane, pacing a car in the right lane. The guy making the video passed both of them on the right when the road went to 3 lanes. The NC clown then accelerated to pass the guy making the video, slowed down and hit his brakes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did video guy do wrong?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
He is also nice enough to accelerate when the cop gets in front of him.

Take those blue shades off.

The cop cut him off and slammed on the brakes.

The guy was filming because the cop had been fucking with him before he started filming. Do you have sound?

So, he tailgates the cop, for the first part of the video? Not saying the cop was right either, but starting a video with a nice violation isn't putting one's self in good light.  

The cop accelerated and pulled in front of him. It looks like this guy accelerates too.

For a general GD note, adjoining jurisdictions (even across lines) may have mutual aid agreements which allow officers to enforce another state's traffic laws.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A hero for scum.

A terrible cop uses race to try and justify why he shouldn't be fired, by embellishing an incident and pulling the race card. Is that what you consider a hero?

I think it comes from a perception of the ability of police to reckless and wantonly inflict unearned violence on more or less innocent people (or people who perceive themselves to be innocent) with impunity, and the resulting desire for karmic justice.  In their eyes, the police becomes a baleful, malevolent force arbitrarily enforcing laws while above the laws themselves.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tailgating, at least.

Distracted driving also?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Made a cop look bad.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Tailgating?  

There wasn't any tailgating in that video except maybe when the K9 cop gave the guy a brake check.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he accelerated and that made the deputy's brake lights go on? I didn't know it worked like that.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy was filming because the cop had been fucking with him before he started filming. Do you have sound?

So, he tailgates the cop, for the first part of the video? Not saying the cop was right either, but starting a video with a nice violation isn't putting one's self in good light.  

The cop accelerated and pulled in front of him. It looks like this guy accelerates too.

For a general GD note, adjoining jurisdictions (even across lines) may have mutual aid agreements which allow officers to enforce another state's traffic laws.

You're not really gonna justify what that deputy was doing are you?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If anyone ever wonders why cops can't be trusted to police their own just needs to read this thread.  

lol why?  I criticized his actions.  Others have as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#26]
http://www.wwaytv3.com/2013/03/19/caught-camera-first-3-driver-says-onslow-co-deputy-caused-crash-sc

snippets:

The driver, Chad Walton, began rolling video last night right before he says the deputy cut him off and caused a crash. He later posted the video to YouTube.

To get around the deputy, Walton says he moved in to the right lane before pulling back into the fast lane. Still recording video, Walton caught the deputy passing on his right, then cutting back in front. That's when the video shows the deputy slamming on his brakes, which caused Walton to rear-end the cruiser.

After the crash, Walton says the deputy, driving car No. 145 that was marked as a K-9 unit, did not pull over, so Walton called 911. Walton says North Charleston Police responded and cited the deputy for being at fault. The officer was not ticketed.

--------

There was no excuse for the deputy's behavior. Any citizen would be held liable for such inappropriate actions. LEOs shold be held to a higher standard, especially when driving a marked vehicle!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
http://www.wwaytv3.com/2013/03/19/caught-camera-first-3-driver-says-onslow-co-deputy-caused-crash-sc

snippets:

The driver, Chad Walton, began rolling video last night right before he says the deputy cut him off and caused a crash. He later posted the video to YouTube.

To get around the deputy, Walton says he moved in to the right lane before pulling back into the fast lane. Still recording video, Walton caught the deputy passing on his right, then cutting back in front. That's when the video shows the deputy slamming on his brakes, which caused Walton to rear-end the cruiser.

After the crash, Walton says the deputy, driving car No. 145 that was marked as a K-9 unit, did not pull over, so Walton called 911. Walton says North Charleston Police responded and cited the deputy for being at fault. The officer was not ticketed.

--------

There was no excuse for the deputy's behavior. Any citizen would be held liable for such inappropriate actions. LEOs shold be held to a higher standard, especially when driving a marked vehicle!

At fault, but not ticketed.    Glad we are all created equal.    Any other person, with that evidence, would have gone to jail for at least reckless driving.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

snippets:

--------

Wait. The video guy hit the cop after the brake-check, and the cop kept going?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If anyone ever wonders why cops can't be trusted to police their own just needs to read this thread.  

Plenty are trying to blame the guy filming and you know it.

He knows he is trolling.

Use your mod powers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was a dick too, but that does not excuse the actions of the cop.  I would probably be fired for a stunt like that.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He knows he is trolling.

Use your mod powers.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He knows he is trolling.

Use your mod powers.

Arguing/discussing is not trolling.  Even when they're wrong.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

At fault, but not ticketed.    Glad we are all created equal.    Any other person, with that evidence, would have gone to jail for at least reckless driving.

Not true at all. Would it be reckless? Yes. A ticket, at most.

As for the accident, he should have been cited. I didn't realize they made contact. Another argument is that the contact was intentional, so it would be a property damage case and not an accident one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not really gonna justify what that deputy was doing are you?

Too late, he already has.

Roy

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He knows he is trolling.

Use your mod powers.

Arguing/discussing is not trolling.  Even when they're wrong.

Here it's kind of like liberalism.

Saying lies enough and hoping someone believes them.

ETA:  Its the same thin blue liners in these threads.  The dude with the chick avatar and the homo cop from reno 911 avatar dude are regulars.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true at all. Would it be reckless? Yes. A ticket, at most.

As for the accident, he should have been cited. I didn't realize they made contact. Another argument is that the contact was intentional, so it would be a property damage case and not an accident one.

And fleeing the scene of an accident?    I have personally seen people arrested for doing  donuts.

You can be incarcerated for 30 days in South Carolina for reckless driving.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:18:09 PM EDT
[#39]
nvm
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Guy tailgates a cop and another car while video taping and driving at the same time.

Then calls bullshit.

You road the short bus didn't you?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Anyone who thinks Dorner was a hero is a douche bag. Two jackasses in this video.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see a video of a dick passing in the right lane then getting in front of the cop and probally brake checking him first.

Dosen't excuse the cops actions, but there's two tards in the video.

How else was he supposed to pass? The cop was cruising along in the passing lane.

Lmao and where in the fuck can you see him brake check the cop?

Get the fuck out of the passing lane if you aren't passing and this wouldn't be an issue.  The only retard in that video is the cop.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then calls bullshit.

regardless of the civillian driver, the sheriff/deputy is supposed to be above reproach and professional at all times.  

He had no athorati in SC since he was a NC cop.  Asshat was impeding traffic.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Oh come on! We all know the correct course of action:
Quoted:

He could have called it in for the local agency.

And then:

Quoted:

Somebody, please tell me: HTF does a guy leave the scene, get cited for being at fault, and NOT get ticketed??

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh come on! We all know the correct course of action:

Quoted:

He could have called it in for the local agency.

And then:

Quoted:

Somebody, please tell me: HTF does a guy leave the scene, get cited for being at fault, and NOT get ticketed??

Everyone.

This is a rhetorical question.

We ALL know the answer.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you aren't, but what you are trying to do is the old "Sure, the cop was wrong, BUT..." and then proceed to try and clear the cop by pointing out how 'more wrong' the other party involved is.

Like I said, don't drive like a cunt in the left lane and you won't have people up your ass trying to remind you to move the fuck over.

That cop was a shitbag and deserved to get run off the road.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then calls bullshit.

Surely, you mean rode.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Left lane is for passing move over pig.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I see a video of a dick passing in the right lane then getting in front of the cop and probally brake checking him first.

Yeah. That's what happened.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Then calls bullshit.

Surely, you mean rode.

Caught it, didn't care to edit.

It's been a long week....  At least I can take comfort in knowing no matter how dumb I am, there are still people even dumber in the world.  That's why I frequent this place.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top