Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/23/2002 7:05:30 PM EDT
Imagine THAT!?

A Muslim involved in this "non-terrorist" sniper case?!  

Nah - must be coincidence.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I just saw that.  They also gave out a description of a Chevy Caprice, Jersey license plate NDA-21Z and are also looking for Lee Malvo.  One or both are ex-military.

They are also talking about a militia training camp in Alabama.  Probably nothing, but they just had to get that in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, Alabama warrant has been issued in Marion... more to come...

WWoodworth
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]

PREDICTION:

The sniper group is tied to the Portland OR Al Qaeda group that was arrested very recently. Maybe he wants them freed as a condition of stopping the shootings.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking for a John Mohammed FORMERLY a John Alan Williams, 42, former Combat Engineer based at Ft. Lewis WA.

Also a Lee Malvo age unknown.

Search warrant was served at a "Camp Ground Zero" in Marion, Perry County, Alabama, described by Fox as a campground and shooting range frequented by "militia" groups.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The talking heads are still not pondering the muslim connection.  

Can't suggest the obvious anymore, right?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FWIW, Alabama warrant has been issued in Marion... more to come...

WWoodworth
View Quote

Don't get me wrong BUT I can get'na truck and go help find this fuck if I thought I could help, but knowin the media, this is nothing more than a raghead wid an unpaid parkin ticket...
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#7]
They've gotta be kidding, right?

This is too ironic/absurd, that the serial killer turns out to be a recruit to Islam!

And most likely a particularly fundamental and intolerant sect. This will rattle some cages all over the globe.

Eric The(Flabbergasted)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
BAM here it is boys....I think this is the place the FBI is serving search warrants on outside Marion Alabama...

Preparing for Jihad … in Alabama
Islamic Militant Training Camp Allegedly Operating in Alabama

By Brian Ross

July 25
— A training camp linked to Islamic militants has been operating in Alabama, and European law enforcement officials believe Muslim extremists were using it to prepare for a holy war.

British authorities also thought that militants from overseas were training in the United States to take advantage of America's gun laws, sources told ABCNEWS. The looming question for law enforcement is whether there is a connection between the camp and the al Qaeda terror network.
An investigation by Britain's Scotland Yard led to the discovery of the camp in Marion, Ala. The facility is called "Ground Zero USA."

Bullet-riddled police cars and a school bus with mannequin targets are scattered around the property. Inside a huge shed is an equally macabre scene — shot-up mannequins, male and female, in domestic settings, some with red, blood-like stains on them.

Ground Zero's operators promised state-of-the-art, world-class training in automatic weapons, urban warfare, SWAT tactics and martial arts, supposedly to fight terror attacks.

Marion Police Chief Tony Buford said he became suspicious of the use of police cars and buses as targets.

"It was rumored that the camp here was used as training site for possible people that were sent here to do bodily harm to Americans," Buford told ABCNEWS.

Web Site Provides Terror Link

The suspected terror ties of the Alabama camp were unknown until after Sept. 11, when officials in London arrested an accused al Qaeda supporter, Zain-ul-Albidin

He is charged with operation of a Web site, under the name of Sakina Security, allegedly recruiting Muslims for an Islamic jihad or holy war. He is now on trial in London.

The site, since taken down by British authorities, described what seemed to be the Alabama camp, including live-fire exercises at a state-of-the-art shooting range in the United States — something that would not be legal in Britain.

"In the United States, it is not illegal for anyone to receive military training, high-grade military training," said Rohan Gunaratna, author of Inside Al Qaeda.

The actual owners of camp, who are also British, say it was used primarily to train law enforcement personnel. Officials consider them unwitting accomplices. The camp owners declined to talk to ABCNEWS.

Scale of Secret Camps Unknown

It is not known how many holy war recruits came through the camp or when. But the FBI is now investigating a number of suspected training camps around the country.

"We know of a number of cases where Islamic terrorists came and training in this country in the early 1990s. It is likely that this scale of training is still continuing," Gunaratna said.

The most radical and belligerent of London's Islamic clerics, Abu Hamza, told ABCNEWS in a phone call that America's laws make such paramilitary training easy, "like a picnic."

British intelligence officials told ABCNEWS they are closely examining alleged ties between Hamza, who is said to have recruited alleged "20th hijacker" Zacarias Moussaoui, and Zain-ul-Albidin.

Copyright © 2002 ABC News Internet Ventures.

~~~~~~~~

http://www.msnbc.com/news/668509.asp
Did ‘Jihad’ arms course visit U.S.?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/675277.asp
Controversy stalks bodyguard trainer
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#9]
British authorities also thought that militants from overseas were training in the United States to take advantage of America's gun laws,
View Quote

What bullshit.  "British authorities"--the same "authorities" who promote gun control, no doubt.

Bullet-riddled police cars and a school bus with mannequin targets are scattered around the property. Inside a huge shed is an equally macabre scene — shot-up mannequins, male and female, in domestic settings, some with red, blood-like stains on them
View Quote

Let's not sensationalize the story here or anything like that--police cars and school buses, eh?  Sounds like "The Brethren."  Call Clint, we need a skiptracer to infiltrate the group.

Our laws are so much more lax than say, Afghanistan and places in Africa, for example.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I knew it.

Now...will the media call this is a

[size=6][b]MUSLIM TERRORIST[/b][/size=6]

Good work LEO's!
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#11]
This is apparently also near Ft. Rucker.

Another military base connection.

And you doubled your post Fearandloathing
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it just me, or does this retired Col. David Hunt on FOX sound very anti-gun?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Any of you other Bama guys ever hear of this Camp Zero "militia training facility" they're serving a warrent on?  The media is making it out to be a terrorist training ground, yet it sounds like a plain ole shooting range to me.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Ground Zero, located near Fort Rucker in Alabama (aviation units).  Has paramilitary training, shooting ranges, and sniper course/area (unsure of exact layout).  Open to civilians and also has conducted police training (formal or informal I'm not sure)...

My guess is one or both of the subjects have attended..

LINK POSTED BELOW

WWoodworth
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Media Talking Points: Emphasize "militia connection," and for Gawd's sake call the suspect "Williams," not "Mohammed"!!!

cynic
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is it just me, or does this retired Col. David Hunt on FOX sound very anti-gun?
View Quote

I heard him talking about camp zero and he didn't sound anti-gun at all.  He said the camp was privately owned and was on the up and up.  Private training and police train there.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I knew it.

Now...will the media call this is a

[size=6][b]MUSLIM TERRORIST[/b][/size=6]

Good work LEO's!
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
View Quote

No, they won't.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Campground Zero, located near Fort Rucker in Alabama (aviation units).  Has paramilitary training, shooting ranges, and sniper course/area (unsure of exact layout).  Open to civilians and also has conducted police training (formal or informal I'm not sure)...

My guess is one or both of the subjects have attended..

WWoodworth
View Quote

Sounds like a cool place to visit.

USPC40

[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#19]
All you want to know....  Well, at least that the owners of Ground Zero want you to know...

[url]www.groundzerousa.com/training.htm[/url]

WWoodworth
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
BAM here it is boys....I think this is the place the FBI is serving search warrants on outside Marion Alabama...

By Brian Ross

July 25
— A training camp linked to Islamic militants has been operating in Alabama, and European law enforcement officials believe Muslim extremists were using it to prepare for a holy war.

British authorities also thought that militants from overseas were training in the United States to take advantage of America's gun laws, sources told ABCNEWS. The looming question for law enforcement is whether there is a connection between the camp and the al Qaeda terror network.
An investigation by Britain's Scotland Yard led to the discovery of the camp in Marion, Ala. The facility is called "Ground Zero USA."

Bullet-riddled police cars and a school bus with mannequin targets are scattered around the property. Inside a huge shed is an equally macabre scene — shot-up mannequins, male and female, in domestic settings, some with red, blood-like stains on them.

Ground Zero's operators promised state-of-the-art, world-class training in automatic weapons, urban warfare, SWAT tactics and martial arts, supposedly to fight terror attacks.

Marion Police Chief Tony Buford said he became suspicious of the use of police cars and buses as targets.

"It was rumored that the camp here was used as training site for possible people that were sent here to do bodily harm to Americans," Buford told ABCNEWS.

Web Site Provides Terror Link

The suspected terror ties of the Alabama camp were unknown until after Sept. 11, when officials in London arrested an accused al Qaeda supporter, Zain-ul-Albidin

He is charged with operation of a Web site, under the name of Sakina Security, allegedly recruiting Muslims for an Islamic jihad or holy war. He is now on trial in London.

The site, since taken down by British authorities, described what seemed to be the Alabama camp, including live-fire exercises at a state-of-the-art shooting range in the United States — something that would not be legal in Britain.

"In the United States, it is not illegal for anyone to receive military training, high-grade military training," said Rohan Gunaratna, author of Inside Al Qaeda.

The actual owners of camp, who are also British, say it was used primarily to train law enforcement personnel. Officials consider them unwitting accomplices. The camp owners declined to talk to ABCNEWS.

Scale of Secret Camps Unknown

It is not known how many holy war recruits came through the camp or when. But the FBI is now investigating a number of suspected training camps around the country.

"We know of a number of cases where Islamic terrorists came and training in this country in the early 1990s. It is likely that this scale of training is still continuing," Gunaratna said.

The most radical and belligerent of London's Islamic clerics, Abu Hamza, told ABCNEWS in a phone call that America's laws make such paramilitary training easy, "like a picnic."

British intelligence officials told ABCNEWS they are closely examining alleged ties between Hamza, who is said to have recruited alleged "20th hijacker" Zacarias Moussaoui, and Zain-ul-Albidin.

Copyright © 2002 ABC News Internet Ventures.

~~~~~~~~

http://www.msnbc.com/news/668509.asp
Did ‘Jihad’ arms course visit U.S.?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/675277.asp
Controversy stalks bodyguard trainer
View Quote

BINGO!

Of course, they aren't mentioning that, they are just talking about the 'gun culture'.

WWoodworth, the 'click, click, boom' in your sig line, is that in reference to a depth charge?
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm in North AL, never heard of that range...

I need some details on this place!  I might want to go there, assuming it doesn't get closed as a result of this...
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Fox News hit up the NJ Motor vheicle computer and this Chevy Caprice is actually John Mohammad/John Williams's OWN vheicle. Registered to him.

What a cock up, they say the Caprice was spotted at the most recent shooting!
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Guys,

Marion, AL in Perry County is nowhere near Ft. Rucker.  It's over here in the Blackbelt, SE of T-Town, SW of the 'ham.  I live about 20 or so miles from Marion, I work with folks who live in Marion/Perry County, and I've never heard anyone discuss the place.  

NBC 13 just had a guy live @ campgroud 0, the warrant is supposedly for the camp.  The reporter was also saying the mayor of Monkeytown turned over evidence to the feds regarding a sept. shooting at an ABC store.

Whiskaz out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
WWoodworth, the 'click, click, boom' in your sig line, is that in reference to a depth charge?
View Quote

More likely a reference to the song by the band Saliva.

USPC40

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
British authorities also thought that militants from overseas were training in the United States to take advantage of America's gun laws,
View Quote

What bullshit.  "British authorities"--the same "authorities" who promote gun control, no doubt.
View Quote

Bullshit you say? Our pal Aukai Collins (aka Avtomat_doctor on the ar15.com Ak board; he's a moderator) says in his book "My Jihad" that he hosted Al-Qaeda Arabs from London to train with firearms in Arizona, because of the lenient gun laws.  London is basically world capital for Al-Qaeda sympathizers. He did this years AFTER the FBI stopped cooperating in his proposed sting program to set up a terrorist training camp in AZ.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

More likely a reference to the song by the band Saliva.

USPC40

[url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/url]

[url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/url]
View Quote
Never heard of them.  It is, however, the sound a depth charge makes as it goes off.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#27]
There are reports on MSNBC and radio that Malvo and Williams/Mohamad are both of Jamaican decend.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Yep, part of lyrics from Saliva song..  I rather like these lyrics:
My mom and dad weren't perfect,
but still you don't hear no cryin ass bitchin from me....
so just sit back and relax and let me have your head for a minute,
I can show you something in it,
that has yet to be presented,

A beer to USPC40.

WWoodworth
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There are reports on MSNBC and radio that Malvo and Williams/Mohamad are both of Jamaican decend.

View Quote
Oh, damn.  You mean it's not some angry white gun nut?????????
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A beer to USPC40.
View Quote

[beer]

USPC40

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Camp Ground Zero is now being called a "terrorist training camp" by Fox News.

Malvo is being described by Fox News as a 17 year old Jamacan and perhaps the step son of John Mohammad.

But nothing about the ethnicity of John Mohammad.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#32]
The two have been on the run for three days and are stepfather and stepson.  They are considered armed and dangerous.  Fox is saying that camp sero is a terrorist training ground...
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#33]
The bitch on FOX News continuously refers to Camp Ground Zero as an Al-quida(sp?) and terrorist training ground with no evidence of that yet.

USPC40

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#34]
OH FOR THE LOVE!!!

A Foxnews guy is on I-85 on the way to this place...

I can't wait to see how they make this place look...

This is could be really embarrassing...

AND THE MOOSE IS LOOSE!!!

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#35]
John Mohammads photo is on the ATF website. But I cant get in.

He is wanted for a Federal Firearms violation.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok, Ground Zero could only be considered loosely near Fort Rucker in that they are both in Alabama, separated by 167 miles.  Here's a link to a map from Fort Rucker to Marion.
(hope this works)
[url]www.mapquest.com/rtp/routeoverview.adp?rtpid=3db76f44%2d0039e%2d0466e%2d400c330d[/url]

WWoodworth
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#37]
listing to moose on XM

John Williams is a "black man" moose says,

you can get a picture of john W. at www.atf.tres.gov (moose's accent made it sound like) www.atf.trash.gov

Moose also says we ahould not assume John is connected to the shootings in any way.

apparntly the sniper wants the moose to say "we have caught the sniper like a duck in a noose." then of course moose goes on to ask the sniper to contact them.. wtf? so he does what the sniper asked.. but not quite as he expected you can bet.

... so why announce a arrest warrent for john w on tv?

the reason is a Federal Firearms Viloation.

isnt this kinda stupid? HEY John W! we are coming ot arrest you, stay where you are ok?

Levo is John W's stepson.

ZWE510 - White Chevy Celbrity 1989, John W.s wife is also beeing looked for.

--minor update--
fox talking heads belive they(williams clan) has strong ties to the sniper

...oh that was a slap. some guy (XM is radio, so i only get the audio broadcast) just compared the Alquidea to the American Militia, saying "I didnt know they had anything in common" in ref to Camp Zero.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#38]
One of FOX News' "experts" just said it's a federal crime to own a fully-automatic weapon.  WTF???  Where do they get these guys?

USPC40

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#39]
According to the EXPERT in Foxnews, the only federal firearms ofenses are full auto and silencers...

Does this mean I can assemble a postban lower wiff bayo lugs and flash supp? and transfer guns over state lines without a license???

WTF

I guess this muhamed guy is the gunrunner that sold "the sniper" (ohhhhh) the gun...
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#40]
putz on fox news just said there is no such thing as federal firearms violations
said it's not illegal to own guns under federal law
what a fool
how about owning an "asault rifle" made after 1994
last I knew that was a federal law
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Mohammad, Mohammad, Mohammad... where have I heard that name before???  Just can't place it right now!

Maybe if I adjust my "tin foil hat" a little, the name will ring a bell!!!  

This saga is FAR from over, but when it [i]is[/i] finally played out to its conclusion, I believe that my "paranoid & nutty" theories will be much more right than wrong!  
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#42]
lol
trash.gov

the moose says noose
wonder why the sniper picked that word
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Can anyone get this site to come up?

[url]www.atf.treas.gov[/url]

Also looking for 1989 white Chevy Celebrity Maryland plates ZWE510, his ex-wifes car.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#44]
[img]http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/images/10/24/top.john.allen.williams.2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh, I remember now!!! [thinking]

Doesn’t Mohammed have something to do with the "Religion of Peace"??? [>:/]
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#46]
apparntly the sniper wants the moose to say "we have caught the sniper like a duck in a noose."
View Quote

Betcha it's a coded message to his terrorist buddies... Sniper says Moose must quote it on TV or else he'll shoot again...
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
By Brian Ross
View Quote

That story was already posted on the first page of this thread.

USPC40

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#48]
That was posted on page one liberty 86.

How far is Camp Ground Zero from Ft. Benning GA? They are saying on Fox that that is the closest military base to where the warrants were served.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Sounds like American Black Muslims working with Al Quaeda..
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes it does
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top