User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:57:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, having just gone through this, I found that there's nothing like a hammerless Airweight Smith & Wesson 442 in 38 Spec +P.  I'll probably be buying a Guardian for summer duty though when the SW is a bit too bulky.

i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/balzac72/Pistols048.jpg

I must ask:

What mode of dress are you in where the pictured S&W revolver would be too "bulky"? A thong?

I have yet to see an adult male or even an adult female that could not conceal a S&W 442 easily in even fairly tight summer dress.

Hey Bud...it's my job to work the words "thong" and "dress" into a gun topic.

And I don't take kindly to mugs that muscle into my territory see...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:04:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Kahr PM9---good, but pricey
Kel-tec .380---good
Bersa thunder .380---good, $200

This is exactly what I was thinking.  I went for the middle choice. keltec p-3at.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:04:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey Bud...it's my job to work the words "thong" and "dress" into a gun topic.

And I don't take kindly to mugs that muscle into my territory see...

I meant "dress" as a term descriptive of the typical mode of clothing worn during the summer months, but now that I look at the text it could easily be understood to mean that I was referring to dudes wearing dresses as in ladies garments.

Not that there is anything wrong with that....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:19:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm trying to decide on a small pocket pistol for a back up to my Para Ord C7.45. I was looking at a NAA Guardian .380 at the gunshop and I think along those lines. Any thoughts or better ways to go...I don't want to go any smaller caliber wise.

Only a fag would buy a .380.  Oh, . . . . wait.

I think you probably couldn't do better than a G29, but that may be too big for some folks. If I was carrying, I would want something that really said "Hello!"
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:19:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm trying to decide on a small pocket pistol for a back up to my Para Ord C7.45. I was looking at a NAA Guardian .380 at the gunshop and I think along those lines. Any thoughts or better ways to go...I don't want to go any smaller caliber wise.

Only a fag would buy a .380.  Oh, . . . . wait.

I think you probably couldn't do better than a G29, but that may be too big for some folks. If I was carrying, I would want something that really said "Hello!"

Oh I normally carry the Para 45 with two mags filled with Hydshoks.... I’m looking for something to back that up and for the times when having a 45 hanging of the hip would be obtuse .
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is the exact setup that I carry and it works for perfectly for me. The Guardian is a great backup pistol. The only other pistol you might want to look at is the KelTec .380 as it has a polymer frame and is a little bit lighter to carry.

I carry my Guardian is a left handed rear pocket holster, which offsets the Para that I carry on my strong side.

I was thinking about a pocket holster....after watching a guy get his dental work kicked out reaching for a ankle holster it kind of turned me off on them.

I also have a front pocket holster too, but I with the other stuff I carry in my front pockets, knife, micro light, money, etc, I find myself usually carrying the Guardian in my left rear pocket rig.

The other pistols being mentioned are all good too, but most are will be larger than the Guardian or the KelTec's. The Colts are great if you can find one and the Seecamps are the best if you have the money and time to wait to get one. The Beretta Tomcat is nice too, but it only comes in .32acp. For me the revolvers a too wide around the cylinder to conceal comfortably. I have carried them as backups, but usually in an ankle or shoulder rig.

With the exception of the Seecamp, I have shot and/or carried all of the pistols mentioned at one time or another. I narrowed my choices to the Guardian and the KelTec and the Guardian fit me better, so that is the one I went with.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I plan to get a light weight smith and wesson snubby.  Not for sure on exactly what number model and what not, but air weight for certain.

I would love a rohrbaugh but the price is a bit much for me right now.  Still want one and a great size for a 9mm handgun.

The all metal kahr in 9mm is also a consideration but I think the revolver is winning right now.

I consider the glock 26 a bit big for pocket carry, but since someone posted they do it some of this does come down to what you can handle and be comfortable with.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Two words--kel-tec.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I just found out that Kahr also makes the NAA Guardian. Which I thought was kind of strange one company making competing designs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#11]
My backup carried front pants pocket 32acp. It's too heavy for dress pants works better with jeans. Thinking about a change to something bigger.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
naa .22 mag revolver in a condom, kept in the colon.

hows that for deep concealment?

Yeah but the draw would be a bitch though

Someone like youself would be more worried about it falling out wouldn't you?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top