BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#2]
If you were a man, you wouldn't ask GD about it. You'd just do it, and you wouldn't give a fuck what some printer repair guys thought about it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

"Metro"? Its flat out gay.

This.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I mean if you have those really wild eyebrows like Andy Rooney-or like really old men eyebrows that stick out everywhere, then you should trim them to make them look neat.  But like sculpting your eyebrows––in my opinion is not manly..It is kinda feminine.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#5]
gay
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My eyebrows get all funky like a Mentat on Dune - so when I run the Wahl over my scalp and trim my beard I usually do my eyebrows too.

Fucking cool!!!!  If I could grow eyebrows like that they'd never see the Wahl.  Mentats are the shit!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My wife did it to me once when I started to look like Bert.

I walked around looking surprised for three weeks.  

Shit that was funny...I cant breathe *lol*
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://htopia.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/thufir.gif

If you have to trim eyebrows like this: Not Gay

Anything else: Gay

Brad Doriff wears them better.....although Freddie does look more distinguished.  Need arfcom poll.

Metro = gay.  Does that even need to be said?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Trimming and thinning are two different things.  Trimming is part of grooming IMO, I just don't dig the Andy Rooney look.  Thinning is a touch of the gay though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Trim em not gay.
The other week my mother even commented on the wild man wooly boogers attached to my face.
I trimmed em up and took a few years off my mug.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Keeping yourself groomed is not gay/metro or whatever you would like to call it. Trimming your facial hair is being well groomed. The ones calling it gay are the ones that have not had pussy since it had them. Maybe if they were well groomed, they could possibly catch a little tail and break the life long dry spell that has plagued them. Ask mom for some help.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:08:29 AM EDT
[#12]
what's next "is bleaching my asshole gay?"
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:12:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Have a woman do it for you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:21:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Keeping yourself groomed is not gay/metro or whatever you would like to call it. Trimming your facial hair is being well groomed. The ones calling it gay are the ones that have not had pussy since it had them. Maybe if they were well groomed, they could possibly catch a little tail and break the life long dry spell that has plagued them. Ask mom for some help.

I'm gonna go with this.  If it increases your chances then its definitely not ghey.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:25:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, not really.

If I did not deal with the issue of massive eyebrow growth, I'd be blind like a sheep dog.  Got to do what i got to do!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:25:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I've got some bad eyebrows/unibrow.  I have to pluck the center, and run hedge clippers over the brows.  People say gay if you do, or WTF if you don't.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

For some reason, this is hilarious.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:28:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Trimming is necessary the older you get.

Plucking should be limited to the monobrow hairs.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:29:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Good barber should trim it as part of a haircut.

True.

But he's talking about plucking.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:13:38 AM EDT
[#20]
if you comply then be ready for some brazilian wax
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:24:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

my exact same reaction to this post....

My barber chicky trims mine when I get the hair cut.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:35:19 AM EDT
[#22]
snip:

LOL!

I only pluck one or two that seem to grow way faster and longer than all the others.  Other than that...no.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:38:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a female do it, and even then only to keep them seperate.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:04:24 AM EDT
[#24]
GHEY

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:05:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Go with this..............either you're gay or a girl!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:53:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:56:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Not metro, more ike full on gay.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:11:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There's nothing wrong with it. Everyone here that says it's GAY is GAY and afraid of progress.

If you look like the proctologist from the Cannonball Run, you need to thin your eyebrows.

If you have a unibrow, you need to thin them eyebrows.

If you look like you've got wooly booger caterpillars on your face, trim them eyebrows

Do it a little at a time.

I get mine done when I get my haircut.

Same here. They trim mine about every third haircut when they start to run together.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:23:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Not metro, more ike full on gay.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Ask your barber for help with this...assuming you go to an actual barber.

A true Barber Shop is getting harder and harder to find.  I think I go to one of the few left in the country.   I go to this place to get a haircut, tell./hear inappropriate jokes, and lie about the amount of pie that I have had in my lifetime.  This stuff is hard to get when one goes to a "stylist."

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:57:55 AM EDT
[#32]
That's waaaaay past metro, son...
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:58:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There's nothing wrong with it. Everyone here that says it's GAY is GAY and afraid of progress.

If you look like the proctologist from the Cannonball Run, you need to thin your eyebrows.

If you have a unibrow, you need to thin them eyebrows.

If you look like you've got wooly booger caterpillars on your face, trim them eyebrows

Do it a little at a time.

I get mine done when I get my haircut.

PROGRESIVE!!!

the girl that cuts my hair trims mine and it cant be gay if shes rubbing he breast all over me and I enjoy it
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My eyebrows get all funky like a Mentat on Dune - so when I run the Wahl over my scalp and trim my beard I usually do my eyebrows too.

this.  I'm finally old enough that when I get a haircut, they ask if I want my eyebrows or ears trimmed.

I don't get asked anymore –– they just do it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:17:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

All the previous stories are even funnier when one inserts "high and tight eyebrows" into the equation.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:17:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Last time I went to the barber shop.  The barber did a quick buzz of my eye brows.  I was a bit shocked.  But they looked normal.

This gal also does straight razor shaves, and shaves the nape of your neck with a straight razor.  She is definatly old school.

Haven't had a straight razor shave in years.  I used to really enjoy the old school hot towel, hot lather, barber shave.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:20:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Pics or get the fuck out...wait where am I?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last time I went to the barber shop.  The barber did a quick buzz of my eye brows.  I was a bit shocked.  But they looked normal.

This gal also does straight razor shaves, and shaves the nape of your neck with a straight razor.  She is definatly old school.

Haven't had a straight razor shave in years.  I used to really enjoy the old school hot towel, hot lather, barber shave.

Damned hard to find that any more.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I mean if you have those really wild eyebrows like Andy Rooney-or like really old men eyebrows that stick out everywhere, then you should trim them to make them look neat.  But like sculpting your eyebrows––in my opinion is not manly..It is kinda feminine.

YMMV

I'm cut to the quick!  To the quick, I say!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:26:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damned hard to find that any more.

AMEN Brother.  I'm still looking.

I've been told that the procedure is still taught, but the expense of the equipment and the fear liability if a customer were to be injured discourages the practice.  Hell, I'd be happy to sign a waiver, and bring in my own razor and strop!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#41]
sorry
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:31:09 AM EDT
[#42]
I do not need to do it but if you have one of those enormous caterpillars laying above your eyes then I say pluck away.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+87  

+288
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Comb them in the opposite direction they grow, and trim the long ones.  Don't pluck them.  If you have a bad unibrow, that's the only plucking I'd consider.
I get long eyebrow hairs that make me look like a 70 year old mad scientist, so that's what I do.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Comb them in the opposite direction they grow, and trim the long ones.  Don't pluck them.  If you have a bad unibrow, that's the only plucking I'd consider.
I get long eyebrow hairs that make me look like a 70 year old mad scientist, so that's what I do.

I have the locals braid and bead mine when I go to third world shitholes for resort vacations.

I make 'em call me "Bwana Smith" while they're doing it too.

Gotta find a resort that rents sedan chairs though...
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

ETA: I can see an exception for a fierce uni-brow, or if there's otherwise something exceptionally funky about your eyebrows, but otherwise... gay.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Just shave em off and be done with it.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So a girl I know says I should thin my eyebrows. It isn't a unibrow but they are thick. Is it acceptable for a man to thin his eyebrows or would you think that guy is a metro?

Does doing this mean that girl will play with your penis and or let you insert said penis into orifices she has? If so not gay.

Did she tell you this while you were watching american idol together? If so gay.

If she told you this and it does not entail getting laid, it's gay.

One or the other brother.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So a girl I know says I should thin my eyebrows. It isn't a unibrow but they are thick. Is it acceptable for a man to thin his eyebrows or would you think that guy is a metro?

Is this a girl you have an interest in boning?  If so, thinning the brows is a step towards making that happen.  

If not, and you're happy with how you look, do what you want.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:31:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Plucking a few wild ones and a few in the middle to keep the uni-brow at bay is about as far as I'd go.

I think the first reply nailed it.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top