User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you value your pet's life over a decent humans then there is a problem.

Sort of veering away from the "pet sleeping in bed = pussification" thesis, eh?

No, because there was a time in this country when men knew that animals were for work and to be domesticated.  Not at all on the same plane as humans.

Now it appears that some men have moved away from this and now mainly use pets as companionship in place of human (female) interaction.

Like with peanut butter?

Is this your troll account or are you just another mentally challenged newbie?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hey HalfDick -Ill tell you straight away my animals mean  more to me than a person such as yourself  ever would.

Go somewhere else .

Halfdick?

Inever said you can't care for a pet, just don't think it is equal to a human life.  And if you have problems getting along with people in general it probably is because you call them names like HalfDick and so forth.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]
King size bed, wife and 2 Labrador Retrievers.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh hell, of course they do. The lab sleeps at the end of my kids bed, and my husky-shepard sleeps at the far end of our bed in the center. Since my wife has circulation problems with her feet, the warmth keeps her feet from hurting and she can sleep better. It's either that or put more blankets on which I would not like.

And for ole dark half there, I'd trust my dogs WAY before many of the people I meet. They might snitch a bit of food, but they won't shoot me for $20 bucks either.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#5]

my dog, yes.

my girlfriends cats, not a damned chance.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey HalfDick -Ill tell you straight away my animals mean  more to me than a person such as yourself  ever would.

Go somewhere else .

Halfdick?

Inever said you can't care for a pet, just don't think it is equal to a human life.  And if you have problems getting along with people in general it probably is because you call them names like HalfDick and so forth.

No, you started with people who let pets sleep in bed being "pussified".  This fallback to the humans=animals issue has nothing to do with my thread topic or what you said initially.  It's a last ditch, final recourse to give your position even a shred of merit.  And it's not even doing well at that because many people are still challenging you.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Well ....

people have done all sorts of things to me;  they've lied to me, stolen from me, stabbed me in the back, conned me out of money,  etc, etc.

But you know what?  My pets have never done any of that.   So yes, I value my dog over most people.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#8]
DarkHalf, your irrelevant trolling doesn't appear to be appreciated.  You should take your personal hangups elsewhere.

My cat sleeps at the foot of the bed and she is completely & thoroughly pussified.  Now if that somehow means I value the cat's life above a human's then I've got to re-learn a lot of logic and thinking skills.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Define "decent?"
Please...all of us have ulterior motives FOR EVERYTHING.
Domesticated animals have no ulterior motives. They want to be fed and loved. Pure and Simple.
There isn't a pure one among us. NOT ONE!
Some of these posts I read DO make me realize that there are quite a few 'simple' ones, though!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#10]
My German Shepherd protects my stuff when I'm away, and alerts me when things "ain't quite right" when I'm home.

Allowing her to sleep on the bed is just a small perk for a job well done.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, because there was a time in this country when men knew that animals were for work and to be domesticated.  Not at all on the same plane as humans.

Now it appears that some men have moved away from this and now mainly use pets as companionship in place of human (female) interaction.

Not too long ago men views Africans as nothing more than "animals for work and to be domesticated."

So maybe the "olden days" aren't the definitive guide.

And in the more recent past "real men" formed strong bonds with their dogs. Rin Tin Tin ring a bell?

And that is what it comes down to, the quality of the bond.

You can have a poor bond with a family member, especially one who does things like steal from you or fuck your wife. So in some cases even a "blood bond" can be virtually worthless.

And in other cases, you can form a strong bond with a dog. Especially one who does something like save your life. Talk to a Vietnam vet who had a war dog. They slept with their dogs and formed bonds so powerful they cried like pussies when they had to leave them behind in Vietnam. By your suggestion, they must not have been real men.

In the end, it is all about the quality of the bond and nothing more.

If you have never formed such a bond with a dog you will never understand it.

ETA: The idea that dogs replace a relationship with females is absurd. When you have kids, do they take the place of your wife? Or is is simply another relationship?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Define "decent?"
Please...all of us have ulterior motives FOR EVERYTHING.
Domesticated animals have no ulterior motives. They want to be fed and loved. Pure and Simple.
There isn't a pure one among us. NOT ONE!
Some of these posts I read DO make me realize that there are quite a few 'simple' ones, though!

DING! DING! DING!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go somewhere else .

Halfdick?

No I have problem with people such as yourself -ones who basically call others pussies or lonely (in need of female companionship -or whatever that drivel was you call a post) because they allow their pets to sleep with them-Something I know as fact you wouldnt say to me or anyone else here in person .

And if you are so sensitive about a made up name that is about another made up name perhaps you should rethink this whole internet forum posting thing -you dont seem to good at it anyway.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I love the poll software.  

Very reliable graph and percentages.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#15]
SteyrAUG, you da man!

Thanks for nailing it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Define "decent?"

You sound like a decent person.  A few people here just stated they would trust their pet more than you.  What do you think about that?

I like animals, I have had many a pet.  But no animal is equal to a human in any way, shape or form.

Why this upsets people I do not understand.  IAMLEGEND obviously disagrees and thinks differantly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what the fuck?  

you should quit while you're behind...

keeps getting better.

2 dogs and 1 cat in my bed with the girlfriend.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Who allows this?

I don't allow pets in the house with the exception of fish.

God created them outside and that is where they stay.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Define "decent?"

You sound like a decent person.  A few people here just stated they would trust their pet more than you.  What do you think about that?

I like animals, I have had many a pet.  But no animal is equal to a human in any way, shape or form.

Why this upsets people I do not understand.  IAMLEGEND obviously disagrees and thinks differantly.

LOL!  This is awesome!  The premier tactic of a weakling or coward!  "Let's you and him fight"

ETA:  It's mostly people other than me saying they trust their animals more than people FWIW (although I do).

And still, this is not your original point which you have yet to support.  You asserted that all these people who let pets sleep in their bed are pussified.  It wasn't initially about humans=animals when you started.

Here: I'll repost something I had earlier.  You are getting hit from every side so I understand how you might be missing some of these.

No, you started with people who let pets sleep in bed being "pussified". This fallback to the humans=animals issue has nothing to do with my thread topic or what you said initially. It's a last ditch, final recourse to give your position even a shred of merit. And it's not even doing well at that because many people are still challenging you.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Several years back, my wife and I were at a hotel, and I kinda woke up dreaming I was dying of heatstroke and sweating like a pig even with the AC on.  Turned out our 4 month old Springer puppy had got up in bed and fallen asleep across my neck. Had to laugh, but that was the last time. Stay safe
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:52:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
In the end, it is all about the quality of the bond and nothing more.

If you have never formed such a bond with a dog you will never understand it.

I have, and I do.  But that bond in no way was ever the same as with another human.  Sure the bond can be deap, powerful and emotional even.  But when that relationship is used as a replacement for human interaction then there may be a problem.

ETA: The idea that dogs replace a relationship with females is absurd. When you have kids, do they take the place of your wife? Or is is simply another relationship?

No, you are correct.  What I am saying is that if a pet does take the place of a human relationship then there is a problem.

Cats sleeping in the bed with you just seems a little odd.  Dogs I can understand because they are pack animals.

But cats?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

No I have problem with people such as yourself -ones who basically call others pussies or lonely (in need of female companionship -or whatever that drivel was you call a post) because they allow their pets to sleep with them-Something I know as fact you wouldnt say to me or anyone else here in person .

And if you are so sensitive about a made up name that is about another made up name perhaps you should rethink this whole internet forum posting thing -you dont seem to good at it anyway.

I never called you a pussy, nor am I upset in any way, but it appears you are.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Not just no, but hell no.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#24]
If you ain't never been through no"three dog nights", you ain't never lived in a cold climate! It ain't  just the name of an old rock band.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Cats sleeping in the bed with you just seems a little odd.  Dogs I can understand because they are pack animals.

But cats?

With cats it's called a 'pride' not a 'pack'.

They have a social structure as well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Define "decent?"

I'm good with it.  <<shrug>>

Some pets are actually better. What human would allow itself to be another human's eyes or ears 24/7 never getting a day off or a Christmas Bonus?
Service animals want only what non-service ones want: love and food.
People want a HELLUVA lot more!

Not upset. I simply disagree.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#27]
We keep the dogs off the bed... the cats on the other hand, they do whatever the hell they want.  Thankfully there's only one that likes to sleep on the bed.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#28]
So IAMLEGEND.

You ask me to expand on my original remark.  I do, and then you complain I didn't explain my original remark?

What more do I need to explain?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You said people who let pets sleep in bed were part of the pussification of America.  How is that?  Or are you standing down on that erroneous assertion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Define "decent?"

you've changed your tune considerably from your initial posting.

you essentialy called me a pussy for allowing my dogs to sleep in the same bed as I do.

even better...you inferred that I am asexual because I keep pets for companionship...

IAMLEGEND never stated that an animal life is equal to a human's...you're backpeddling and not doing a very good job at it.

I'm thinking you're quite possibly a disturbed individual.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
So IAMLEGEND.

You ask me to expand on my original remark.  I do, and then you complain I didn't explain my original remark?

What more do I need to explain?

You didn't expand it.  You abandoned it and tried something else (that others are still hammering you over).

I want to hear how you think all these ARFCOM people letting their pets sleep with them are contributing to or completing the pussification of America.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#32]
man, this thread reminds me of them ww2 kamikazes flying between two battleships, smoking, on fire, and about to scream into the ocean in a fireball of death and destruction...

"can he pull up in time???"
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Maybe next time when someone asks for an explanation of a post I just won't give it.

Because apparently they do not get read.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
man, this thread reminds me of them ww2 kamikazes flying between two battleships, smoking, on fire, and about to scream into the ocean in a fireball of death and destruction...

"can he pull up in time???"

this asexual pussy doesn't think so
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I have, and I do.  But that bond in no way was ever the same as with another human.  Sure the bond can be deap, powerful and emotional even.  But when that relationship is used as a replacement for human interaction then there may be a problem.

I have never seen that. I don't know anyone who decided to have no friends, no family, etc. because he has a dog. I don't know ANYONE  who has dogs as a "replacement for human interaction."

And I don't think that is the situation with ANYONE here and I don't think a dog who sleeps in bed is indicative of that situation. Dogs sleep in proximity to humans because they are pack animals by their nature and humans allow it to reinforce the bond. I know dogs that sleep in my bed will be far more protective of my wife than dogs who don't.

With respect to other humans, you also assume constants. As I explained our bonds with other humans VARY. This is why you can love a women so much you build your entire existence around her and then can hate the same human so much you take her life when you catch her fucking the garbage man. In the first example it is your primary bond and in the latter example no bond whatsoever exists, even though it is the same person.

So human bonds are not absolutes and vary. They are based only upon the quality of the current bond.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Maybe next time when someone asks for an explanation of a post I just won't give it.

Well you haven't explained the pussification part.

You've abandoned that and switched to the animals= humans and substituting animals for women but you never explained how people letting pets in bed was part of the pussification of America.

If you did and we all missed it please repost it or refer us to it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

IAMLEGEND never stated that an animal life is equal to a human's...you're backpeddling and not doing a very good job at it.

However she did

Quoted:

Some pets are actually better.

And expanding is not backpedaling.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

However she did

Quoted:

Some pets are actually better.

And expanding is not backpedaling.

You're still backpedaling on the original assertion you made.  The part about pussification.

One more time!  How are all these ARFCOM people who let pets sleep in bed contributing to the pussification of America?

ETA: Dodging the question is not expanding.  Holy shit...this is starting to sound like Clintons lawyer debating the meaning of the word "is".

Additional edit:  LOL!  The poll has slightly over ¾ of ARFCOM with pets in bed.  All contributing to the “pussification of America” according to DarkHalf.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even if you did call me/us pussies -which you in fact did . I am not upset -that appears to be another one of your grand assumptions .And you calling me a pussy (which in a round about way you in fact did) is akin to being called stupid by a retarded person.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've abandoned that and switched to the animals= humans and substituting animals for women but you never explained how people letting pets in bed was part of the pussification of America.

It really is simple.  If your main goal of having a pet is because you suck at relationships then you have been pussified.  If a person , on average, thinks pets are equal to humans, on average, then they also have been pussified.

Animals are to be eaten, domesticate, and used as companionship.

but they are NOT human.

If you believe they have human traits then you have been pussified.

Read StyerAug's post, he explains the differances quite well between normal pet relationships.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
My male cat gets to sleep on the bed.  Always has.

Yep, both of mine do.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Even if you did call me/us pussies -which you in fact did . I am not upset -that appears to be another one of your grand assumptions .And you calling me a pussy (which in a round about way you in fact did) is akin to being called stupid by a retarded person.

Reading is fundamental.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It really is simple.  If your main goal of having a pet is because you suck at relationships then you have been pussified.  If a person , on average, thinks pets are equal to humans, on average, then they also have been pussified.

Animals are to be eaten, domesticate, and used as companionship.

but they are NOT human.

If you believe they have human traits then you have been pussified.

Read StyerAug's post, he explains the differances quite well between normal pet relationships.

So how did you come to the retarded conclusion that people who have pets in bed do any of those things?

Also, I'd say people who are bad at relationships are...bad at relationships.  Pussified means a weakling who won't stand up for himself (to me at least) not necessarily someone who is bad at relationships.  That's stupid.  It's like saying kleptomaniac means someone who is bad at relationships.

And some hardcore guy in Alaska who hates people, is a virtual sociopath and sleeps with his pack of sled dogs is “pussified” according to you?  That’s dumb too.

I think you're using the word wrong (by that I mean you're using it to mean something it doesn't).
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reading is fundamental.

Quite possibly the lamest retort I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But cats?

A 'Pride' is a group of Lions.

I have never heard of a pride of house cats?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to our new resident , DarkHalf.  Please refrain from feeding him.  He is just here to be stir the pot and hasn't been known to add anything worth reading to any post.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#47]
"run, darkhalf, run!"
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#48]
My Greyhound and Husky take turns sleeping on the bed, and both Yankee 1911 and StyerAUG said it better then I ever could.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:12:10 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But cats?

A 'Pride' is a group of Lions.

I have never heard of a pride of house cats?

BigDozer66

Is there a different word for a colony of feral cats?  Domesticated animals don't really have the chance to operate socially like undomesticated ones.  Same as dogs really...they don't have a pack although they are "pack animals".  So the humans become their surrogate pack/pride.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
"run, darkhalf, run!"

I guess so huh?

I am confused why so many feel they were attacked if my theories do not apply to them.

Maybe my theory does apply.....................
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top