Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Ron Paul?  2012?  

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He's not a viable candidate if you let the media guide your choice. Are you a media puppet or Constitutionalist first and foremost?

I make my choice, not the media.  I have the people that I am pulling for.  I accept the fact that we can not all see eye to eye on this and that is why we have primaries.  If Ron Paul makes it through the primaries as the candidate he will have my vote.  If a conservative like Jim Demint makes it through the primaries will he have your vote?  This can't be my candidate or nothing this time around.  It is very important that the liberal occupation of this country does not continue.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You RP guys need to get over it. He is not a viable candidate. Start putting your attention towards people that can actually win.

Like McCain ?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You RP guys need to get over it.  He is not a viable candidate.  Start putting your attention towards people that can actually win.

CTbuilder one I like you man but Obama can actually win. He did. I sure as hell aint putting any energy twords him getting relelected.
The reason the best guy is not getting elected is because we all vote lesser of two evils.
Fuck both major parties. They are killing this country.

Unfortunately the Republican party is all we have.  It just needs to be reformed.  There are people in the party that are good and we need to flush out the ones that aren't.  I think Ron Paul has a place in the party just not in the white house.  I'm not a Paul hater, he's just not my guy.  South Carolina is where it's at for me right now.  I'm pretty pissed that Sanford blew it but Demint is GTG and Wilson has some momentum behind him right now.  It's possibel to revitalize the party but there is some compromise that has to take place.  I look for about 80% in my candidates because I reaalize that a candidate can't please 100% of the issues for 100% of the voters.  When we all can accept this then we can move forward as a party.  But the candidate has to have a sturdy conservatiuve foundation in place with emphsis on fiscal conservatism.

You're right, no candidate can please everybody all the time. We see what they have to say and make our choice. I call myself a fiscally conservative libertarian. And that's not even totally accurate as the libertarian immigration policy as I know it is absurd. From what I could gather, Ron Paul was the best choice for this country in the 2008 election. The media made sure he lost the primary.
And we got...well you know what we got. We are a little spec in the space -time continuium. Gald I grew up when I did. Men wore pants, women wore skirts and men and women only married each other.
Guns hung on a rack on the wall. It was no big deal. Where's Jimmy Stewart when you need him

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You RP guys need to get over it. He is not a viable candidate. Start putting your attention towards people that can actually win.

Like McCain ?

McCain was a horrible pick.  Another reasons why independents shouldn't be able to vote in primaries.  But instead of putting words in my mouth you may want to read what I actually say.  I have my preferred candidate and I think he is pretty damn solid.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Paul can't even get voters from his own party... you expect independents and a tiny handful of democrats to vote for him!?!?

I do , Look at the tea parties.

People don't want to hear the same old crap from rinos , that's pretty much all we have in both houses.

It's all bullshit
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like McCain ?

McCain was a horrible pick.  Another reasons why independents shouldn't be able to vote in primaries.  But instead of putting words in my mouth you may want to read what I actually say.  I have my preferred candidate and I think he is pretty damn solid.

Agreed. Independents should not vote in primaries.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like McCain ?

You're right, we should exchange 46% of the vote for 6%. Brilliant.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You RP guys need to get over it.  He is not a viable candidate.  Start putting your attention towards people that can actually win.

I will never vote for a candidate I don't believe in.  That's why we are in this mess.  Electability didn't keep Obama out of the white house this time, why think it will next time?  What the message it sends?  Voting for guys like Ron Paul shows that we are serious about less intrusive government.

I wouldn't ever vote for RP because he does not represent me at all.  All the people that think that he is the magical candidate who will ride in on a white horse and turn the country around are just as delusional as the Obamabots.  RPs cult like following is similar to Obamas.  How long has he been in congress for and what has he really accomplished?  Sure, he has some good ideas, and is a principled man, but he has some off the wall ideas as well.  His foreign policy being the worst of them all.  Once again he is not a viable candidate but his supporters never really understood that to begin with and I don't ever expect them too.  

How about we try focusing on good conservatives who actually stand a chance.  Like Jim Demint.

This.
Oh and that Joe Wilson guy would be a good presidential candidate IMHO

Hell he even has more than 140 days of experience, so he's qualified and experienced enoguh!

Unfortunately, his complete lack of decorum is disqualifying.

Sen Thune would be a good candiate...

And I am still hoping that Gen Petreus retires and takes a run at it....

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As vain as this sounds..

(And I HATE people that voted for Obama because of race or charisma)

Ron Paul is a wirey, shrill voiced little dude.

I support what he says, but he will never be president.

Ron Paul is right in the spot he needs to be. He is more good to us as congressman that will point fingers at the administration and cause a stir.

Then support one of the Ron Pauls that are running in 2010. He's getting old and we need more of him.

http://www.schiffforsenate.com/

http://www.randpaul2010.com/

http://www.medinafortexas.com/

http://www.kokeshforcongress.com/

http://www.rjharris2010.com/

Yeah, go Peter Schiff!

So he can be wrong about everything but one general prediction, just like he was as an economic analyst?

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Wont he be like 85 years old by then?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like McCain ?

Agreed. Independents should not vote in primaries.

Independants & Democrats did not 'Pick' McCain..

The GOP base did...

Why, you say?

Hunter, Paul, and Tancredo were insane...

Ronmey, Guliani, and Huckster were all very liberal...

Fred wouldn't campaign...

And that left us with 1, and only 1 choice...

MCCAIN.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Hell he even has more than 140 days of experience, so he's qualified and experienced enoguh!

I don't know anything about joe wilson, but I think we need more inexperianced ( at backroom deals,missinformation,media colaberation,propaganda ect...) people in government.

throw them all out, time for new blood.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wont he be like 85 years old by then?

No. I think 78. Life insurance policy companys now assume if you live to 65 you have a 50% chance of seeing 85.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#16]
old man shoes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will never vote for a candidate I don't believe in.  That's why we are in this mess.  Electability didn't keep Obama out of the white house this time, why think it will next time?  What the message it sends?  Voting for guys like Ron Paul shows that we are serious about less intrusive government.

I wouldn't ever vote for RP because he does not represent me at all.  All the people that think that he is the magical candidate who will ride in on a white horse and turn the country around are just as delusional as the Obamabots.  RPs cult like following is similar to Obamas.  How long has he been in congress for and what has he really accomplished?  Sure, he has some good ideas, and is a principled man, but he has some off the wall ideas as well.  His foreign policy being the worst of them all.  Once again he is not a viable candidate but his supporters never really understood that to begin with and I don't ever expect them too.  

How about we try focusing on good conservatives who actually stand a chance.  Like Jim Demint.

This.

You think one outburst is disqualifying for Wilson.  I say it shows some passion fo the cause, gave him overnight name recognition and added momentum to his now rising star.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

You think one outburst is disqualifying for Wilson.  I say it shows some passion fo the cause, gave him overnight name recognition and added momentum to his now rising star.

By that standard, Orin Hatch should have been able to run for president based on his outburst at BJ...

Sorry, but that outburst (plus the fact that he's just a congressman) = no go...

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I don't know anything about joe wilson, but I think we need more inexperianced ( at backroom deals,missinformation,media colaberation,propaganda ect...) people in government.

Yeah, because the world's #1 military power can sucessfully be governed by a bunch of ameteurs...

The next thing you know, we'll put a HS team up against the Cowboys in the superbowl... NOT....

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#22]

ARrrGHHH!!!! HIPPIEEEESSS!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I will never vote for him because he represents all that is wrong in American politics.  While I agree with his sentiment, his actions are more appropriate in a 3rd world parliment... or house of commons ... than a US congress.  I'm not going to follow the herd and dumb down politics any more.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

By that standard, Orin Hatch should have been able to run for president based on his outburst at BJ...

Sorry, but that outburst (plus the fact that he's just a congressman) = no go...

Just a congressmen?

Whose your pick right now Dave?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, because the world's #1 military power can sucessfully be governed by a bunch of ameteurs...

The next thing you know, we'll put a HS team up against the Cowboys in the superbowl... NOT....

Newsflash... an amateur IS your boss right now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As vain as this sounds..
(And I HATE people that voted for Obama because of race or charisma)

Ron Paul is a wirey, shrill voiced little dude.

I support what he says, but he will never be president.

Ron Paul is right in the spot he needs to be. He is more good to us as congressman that will point fingers at the administration and cause a stir.

Then support one of the Ron Pauls that are running in 2010. He's getting old and we need more of him.

http://www.schiffforsenate.com/

http://www.randpaul2010.com/

http://www.medinafortexas.com/

http://www.kokeshforcongress.com/

http://www.rjharris2010.com/

Yeah, go Peter Schiff!

So he can be wrong about everything but one general prediction, just like he was as an economic analyst?

Just give it time, buddy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#27]

John Thune would be a hell of a good choice; but he's gotta get out there and become more well known.  He's a great SD guy!
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Ha Ha and the idiots in charge are doing such a swell job.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm a fan of Ron Paul.  But I don't think he has much chance of getting elected President.

It just doesn't seem like there's much room in politics for statesmen anymore.  House Rep is about the highest any of the good guys can go, these days.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Ron Paul does not value equal rights for minorities. Ron Paul has sponsored legislation that would repeal affirmative action, keep the IRS from investigating private schools who may have used race as a factor in denying entrance, thus losing their tax exempt status, would limit the scope of Brown versus Board of Education, and would deny citizenship for those born in the US if their parents are not citizens. Here are links to these bills: H.R.3863, H.R.5909, H.J.RES.46, and H.J.RES.42.
Ron Paul would deny women control of their bodies and reproductive rights.Ron Paul makes it very clear that one of his aims is to repeal Roe v. Wade. He has also co sponsored 4 separate bills to “To provide that human life shall be deemed to exist from conception.” This, of course, goes against current medical and scientific information as well as our existing laws and precedents. Please see these links: H.R.2597 and H.R.392
Ron Paul would be disastrous for the working class. He supports abolishing the Federal minimum wage, has twice introduced legislation to repeal OSHA, or the Occupational Safety and Health Act and would deal devastating blows to Social Security including repealing the act that makes it mandatory for employees of nonprofits, to make “coverage completely optional for both present and future workers”, and would “freeze benefit levels”. He has also twice sponsored legislation seeking to repeal the Davis-Bacon Act and the Copeland Act which among other things provide that contractors for the federal government must provide the prevailing wage and prohibits corporate “kick backs.” Here are the related legislative links: H.R.2030, H.R.4604, H.R.736, and H.R.2720
Ron Paul’s tax plan is unfair to lower earners and would greatly benefit those with the highest incomes.He has repeatedly submitted amendments to the tax code that would get rid of the estate and gift taxes, tax all earners at 10%, disallow income tax credits to individuals who are not corporations, repeal the elderly tax credit, child care credit, earned income credit, and other common credits for working class citizens. Please see this link for more information: H.R.05484 Summary
Ron Paul’s policies would cause irreparable damage to our already strained environment. Among other travesties he supports off shore drilling, building more oil refineries, mining on federal lands, no taxes on the production of fuel, and would stop conservation efforts that could be a “Federal obstacle” to building and maintaining refineries. He has also sought to amend the Clean Air Act, repeal the Soil and Water Conservation Act of 1977, and to amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to “restrict the jurisdiction of the United States over the discharge of dredged or fill material to discharges into waters”. To see for yourself the possible extent of the damage to the environment that would happen under a Paul administration please follow these links: H.R.2504, H.R.7079, H.R.7245, H.R.2415, H.R.393, H.R.4639, H.R.5293, and H.R.6936
A Ron Paul administration would continue to proliferate the negative image of the US among other nations. Ron Paul supports withdrawing the US from the UN, when that has not happened he has fought to at least have the US withdrawn from the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. He has introduced legislation to keep the US from giving any funds to the UN. He also submitted that the US funds should not be used in any UN peacekeeping mission or any UN program at all. He has sponsored a bill calling for us to “terminate all participation by the United States in the United Nations, and to remove all privileges, exemptions, and immunities of the United Nations.”Ron Paul twice supported stopping the destruction of intercontinental ballistic missile silos in the United States. He also would continue with Bush’s plan of ignoring international laws by maintaining an insistence that the International Criminal Court does not apply to the US, despite President Clinton’s signature on the original treaty. The International Criminal Court is used for, among other things, prosecution of war crimes. Please see the following links: H.R.3891, H.AMDT.191, H.AMDT.190, H.R.3769, H.R.1665, H.CON.RES.23, and H.R.1154
Ron Paul discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation and would not provide equal rights and protections to glbt citizens. This is an issue that Paul sort of dances around. He has been praised for stating that the federal government should not regulate who a person marries. This has been construed by some to mean that he is somewhat open to the idea of same sex marriage, he is not. Paul was an original co sponsor of the Marriage Protection Act in the House in 2004. Among other things this discriminatory piece of legislation placed a prohibition on the recognition of a same sex marriage across state borders. He said in 2004 that if he was in the Texas legislature he would not allow judges to come up with “new definitions” of marriage. Paul is a very religious conservative and though he is careful with his words his record shows that he is not a supporter of same sex marriage. In 1980 he introduced a particularly bigoted bill entitled “A bill to strengthen the American family and promote the virtues of family life.” or H.R.7955 A direct quote from the legislation “Prohibits the expenditure of Federal funds to any organization which presents male or female homosexuality as an acceptable alternative life style or which suggest that it can be an acceptable life style.” shows that he is unequivocally opposed to lifestyles other than heterosexual.
Ron Paul has an unnatural obsession with guns. One of Paul’s loudest gripes is that the second amendment of the constitution is being eroded. In fact, he believes that September 11 would not have happened if that wasn’t true. He advocates for there to be no restrictions on personal ownership of semi-automatic weaponry or large capacity ammunition feeding devices, would repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act (because we all know our schools are just missing more guns), wants guns to be allowed in our National Parks, and repeal the Gun Control Act of 1968. Now, I’m pretty damn certain that when the Constitution was written our founding fathers never intended for people to be walking around the streets with AK47’s and “large capacity ammunition feeding devices.” (That just sounds scary.) Throughout the years our Constitution has been amended and is indeed a living document needing changes to stay relevant in our society. Paul has no problem changing the Constitution when it fits his needs, such as no longer allowing those born in the US to be citizens if their parents are not. On the gun issue though he is no holds barred. I know he’s from Texas but really, common sense tells us that the amendments he is seeking to repeal have their place. In fact, the gun control act was put into place after the assassinations of JFK, Martin Luther King, and Robert Kennedy. Please view the following links: H.R.2424, H.R.1897, H.R.1096, H.R.407, H.R.1147, and H.R.3892.
Ron Paul would butcher our already sad educational system. The fact is that Ron Paul wants to privatize everything and that includes education. Where we run into problems is that it has been shown (think our current health care system) that this doesn’t work so well in practice. Ron Paul has introduced legislation that would keep the Federal Government “from planning, developing, implementing, or administering any national teacher test or method of certification and from withholding funds from States or local educational agencies that fail to adopt a specific method of teacher certification.” In a separate piece of legislation he seeks to “prohibit the payment of Federal Education assistance in States which require the licensing or certification of private schools or private school teachers.” So basically the federal government can’t regulate teaching credentials and if states opt to require them for private schools they get no aid. That sounds like a marvelous idea teachers with no certification teaching in private schools that are allowed to discriminate on the basis of race. He is certainly moving forward with these proposals!Remember his “bill to strengthen the American family and promote the virtues of family life.” or H.R.7955? Guess what? He basically advocates for segregation in schools once again. It “Forbids any court of the United States from requiring the attendance at a particular school of any student because of race, color, creed, or sex.” Without thinking about this statement it doesn’t sound bad at all. But remember, when desegregating schools that this is done by having children go to different schools, often after a court decision as in Brown Vs. Board of Education. If this were a bill that passed, schools would no longer be compelled to comply and the schools would go back to segregation based on their locations. Ron Paul is really starting to look like a pretty bigoted guy don’t you think?
Ron Paul is opposed to the separation of church and state. This reason is probably behind every other thing that I disagree with in regards to Paul’s positions. Ron Paul is among those who believes that there is a war on religion, he stated “Through perverse court decisions and years of cultural indoctrination, the elitist, secular Left has managed to convince many in our nation that religion must be driven from public view.” (( Koyaanisqatsi Blog: Wrong Paul Why I Do Not Want Ron Paul to be My President )) Though he talks a good talk, at times, Ron Paul can’t get away from his far right, conservative views. He would support “alternative views” to evolution taught in public schools (i.e. Intelligent Design.) We’ve already taken a look at his “bill to strengthen the American family and promote the virtues of family life.” or H.R.7955 Besides hating the gays he takes a very religious stance on many other things. He is attempting to force his beliefs on the rest of America, exactly what he would do as president.
So there you have it, my 10 reasons not to vote for RON PAUL
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd say this time he would win a lot of  states during the primary.

Maybe the county needed an Obama to wake up.

He'd lose every single state...

And if he runs, I'll bet you $500 that he does...

Honestly Dave_A, can you find one decent thing to say about the man. Just one for Christ sakes. How about he's faithful to his wife? He loves the Constsitution? He's the ONLY Congressman that doesn't participate in the congressional retirement plan and returns all unspent money from his Congressioal office to the treasury?  WTF dude?

Yes, actually, I can...

Ron Paul is right on the money as a supporter of free trade.

There...

Surprised?

Yes, I'm a litte surprised. But he's right on a lot more than that. I think you know that but you have discredited him so much you must now dig your heels in and make a stand.
Or reverse your shoot from the hip rhetoric and admit some mistakes. I don't see that happening however.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Jefferson - Two Parties = Tyranny... too lazy to look up the actual quote.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ron Paul does not value equal rights for minorities. Ron Paul has sponsored legislation that would repeal affirmative action, keep the IRS from investigating private schools who may have used race as a factor in denying entrance, thus losing their tax exempt status, would limit the scope of Brown versus Board of Education, and would deny citizenship for those born in the US if their parents are not citizens. Here are links to these bills: H.R.3863, H.R.5909, H.J.RES.46, and H.J.RES.42.
Ron Paul would deny women control of their bodies and reproductive rights.Ron Paul makes it very clear that one of his aims is to repeal Roe v. Wade. He has also co sponsored 4 separate bills to “To provide that human life shall be deemed to exist from conception.” This, of course, goes against current medical and scientific information as well as our existing laws and precedents. Please see these links: H.R.2597 and H.R.392
Ron Paul would be disastrous for the working class. He supports abolishing the Federal minimum wage, has twice introduced legislation to repeal OSHA, or the Occupational Safety and Health Act and would deal devastating blows to Social Security including repealing the act that makes it mandatory for employees of nonprofits, to make “coverage completely optional for both present and future workers”, and would “freeze benefit levels”. He has also twice sponsored legislation seeking to repeal the Davis-Bacon Act and the Copeland Act which among other things provide that contractors for the federal government must provide the prevailing wage and prohibits corporate “kick backs.” Here are the related legislative links: H.R.2030, H.R.4604, H.R.736, and H.R.2720
Ron Paul’s tax plan is unfair to lower earners and would greatly benefit those with the highest incomes.He has repeatedly submitted amendments to the tax code that would get rid of the estate and gift taxes, tax all earners at 10%, disallow income tax credits to individuals who are not corporations, repeal the elderly tax credit, child care credit, earned income credit, and other common credits for working class citizens. Please see this link for more information: H.R.05484 Summary
Ron Paul’s policies would cause irreparable damage to our already strained environment. Among other travesties he supports off shore drilling, building more oil refineries, mining on federal lands, no taxes on the production of fuel, and would stop conservation efforts that could be a “Federal obstacle” to building and maintaining refineries. He has also sought to amend the Clean Air Act, repeal the Soil and Water Conservation Act of 1977, and to amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to “restrict the jurisdiction of the United States over the discharge of dredged or fill material to discharges into waters”. To see for yourself the possible extent of the damage to the environment that would happen under a Paul administration please follow these links: H.R.2504, H.R.7079, H.R.7245, H.R.2415, H.R.393, H.R.4639, H.R.5293, and H.R.6936
A Ron Paul administration would continue to proliferate the negative image of the US among other nations. Ron Paul supports withdrawing the US from the UN, when that has not happened he has fought to at least have the US withdrawn from the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. He has introduced legislation to keep the US from giving any funds to the UN. He also submitted that the US funds should not be used in any UN peacekeeping mission or any UN program at all. He has sponsored a bill calling for us to “terminate all participation by the United States in the United Nations, and to remove all privileges, exemptions, and immunities of the United Nations.”Ron Paul twice supported stopping the destruction of intercontinental ballistic missile silos in the United States. He also would continue with Bush’s plan of ignoring international laws by maintaining an insistence that the International Criminal Court does not apply to the US, despite President Clinton’s signature on the original treaty. The International Criminal Court is used for, among other things, prosecution of war crimes. Please see the following links: H.R.3891, H.AMDT.191, H.AMDT.190, H.R.3769, H.R.1665, H.CON.RES.23, and H.R.1154
Ron Paul discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation and would not provide equal rights and protections to glbt citizens. This is an issue that Paul sort of dances around. He has been praised for stating that the federal government should not regulate who a person marries. This has been construed by some to mean that he is somewhat open to the idea of same sex marriage, he is not. Paul was an original co sponsor of the Marriage Protection Act in the House in 2004. Among other things this discriminatory piece of legislation placed a prohibition on the recognition of a same sex marriage across state borders. He said in 2004 that if he was in the Texas legislature he would not allow judges to come up with “new definitions” of marriage. Paul is a very religious conservative and though he is careful with his words his record shows that he is not a supporter of same sex marriage. In 1980 he introduced a particularly bigoted bill entitled “A bill to strengthen the American family and promote the virtues of family life.” or H.R.7955 A direct quote from the legislation “Prohibits the expenditure of Federal funds to any organization which presents male or female homosexuality as an acceptable alternative life style or which suggest that it can be an acceptable life style.” shows that he is unequivocally opposed to lifestyles other than heterosexual.
Ron Paul has an unnatural obsession with guns. One of Paul’s loudest gripes is that the second amendment of the constitution is being eroded. In fact, he believes that September 11 would not have happened if that wasn’t true. He advocates for there to be no restrictions on personal ownership of semi-automatic weaponry or large capacity ammunition feeding devices, would repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act (because we all know our schools are just missing more guns), wants guns to be allowed in our National Parks, and repeal the Gun Control Act of 1968. Now, I’m pretty damn certain that when the Constitution was written our founding fathers never intended for people to be walking around the streets with AK47’s and “large capacity ammunition feeding devices.” (That just sounds scary.) Throughout the years our Constitution has been amended and is indeed a living document needing changes to stay relevant in our society. Paul has no problem changing the Constitution when it fits his needs, such as no longer allowing those born in the US to be citizens if their parents are not. On the gun issue though he is no holds barred. I know he’s from Texas but really, common sense tells us that the amendments he is seeking to repeal have their place. In fact, the gun control act was put into place after the assassinations of JFK, Martin Luther King, and Robert Kennedy. Please view the following links: H.R.2424, H.R.1897, H.R.1096, H.R.407, H.R.1147, and H.R.3892.
Ron Paul would butcher our already sad educational system. The fact is that Ron Paul wants to privatize everything and that includes education. Where we run into problems is that it has been shown (think our current health care system) that this doesn’t work so well in practice. Ron Paul has introduced legislation that would keep the Federal Government “from planning, developing, implementing, or administering any national teacher test or method of certification and from withholding funds from States or local educational agencies that fail to adopt a specific method of teacher certification.” In a separate piece of legislation he seeks to “prohibit the payment of Federal Education assistance in States which require the licensing or certification of private schools or private school teachers.” So basically the federal government can’t regulate teaching credentials and if states opt to require them for private schools they get no aid. That sounds like a marvelous idea teachers with no certification teaching in private schools that are allowed to discriminate on the basis of race. He is certainly moving forward with these proposals!Remember his “bill to strengthen the American family and promote the virtues of family life.” or H.R.7955? Guess what? He basically advocates for segregation in schools once again. It “Forbids any court of the United States from requiring the attendance at a particular school of any student because of race, color, creed, or sex.” Without thinking about this statement it doesn’t sound bad at all. But remember, when desegregating schools that this is done by having children go to different schools, often after a court decision as in Brown Vs. Board of Education. If this were a bill that passed, schools would no longer be compelled to comply and the schools would go back to segregation based on their locations. Ron Paul is really starting to look like a pretty bigoted guy don’t you think?
Ron Paul is opposed to the separation of church and state. This reason is probably behind every other thing that I disagree with in regards to Paul’s positions. Ron Paul is among those who believes that there is a war on religion, he stated “Through perverse court decisions and years of cultural indoctrination, the elitist, secular Left has managed to convince many in our nation that religion must be driven from public view.” (( Koyaanisqatsi Blog: Wrong Paul Why I Do Not Want Ron Paul to be My President )) Though he talks a good talk, at times, Ron Paul can’t get away from his far right, conservative views. He would support “alternative views” to evolution taught in public schools (i.e. Intelligent Design.) We’ve already taken a look at his “bill to strengthen the American family and promote the virtues of family life.” or H.R.7955 Besides hating the gays he takes a very religious stance on many other things. He is attempting to force his beliefs on the rest of America, exactly what he would do as president.
So there you have it, my 10 reasons not to vote for RON PAUL

I didn't read all of that nightmarish wall of text, but what little I skimmed seemed to be some great reasons to vote FOR Ron Paul.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip[/span]

I didn't read all of that nightmarish wall of text, but what little I skimmed seemed to be some great reasons to vote FOR Ron Paul.

I think that was the point.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Oh man. That's just beautiful right there. A pro gun constitutionalist and some here hate him. Un fucking believable.
ETA: One thing about that. He is against abortion but see's it as a states rights issue as outlined in the constitution. It's not not the federal goverments job to legislate such things.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Ron Paul is great but he will simply be too old by the time 2012 rolls around. I'm willing to support anyone who will protect our constitution, isn't hellbent on kissing Israel's ass, starting more wars, wants smaller government and wants to protect our borders. So.... judging by the goons in the republican party, I will be voting third party again.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh man. That's just beautiful right there. A pro gun constitutionalist and some here hate him. Un fucking believable.

I know , that's what's so bizarre .

Edit to add but Dave A can only find one thing he agrees with  with Ron Paul.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#40]
I really wish I thought he could win.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Ron Paul won the multiple polls of the fox debates over all the other "electable canidates"  so somehow he is less electable

The only reason people say he isnt electable is becuase they want to bad mouth the guy and vilify him so people wont vote for him, like all of you here are. I know personally everyone that saw and read what he stood for liked the guy and his thoughts and would support him if given a chance.. instead the media and the republicans wanted to put their power behind neocons

RON PAUL EXPOSED (IN HIS OWN WORDS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mz9pDGHBTo&feature=fvw
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Only if you would like for Obama to be a two term presidency.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd say this time he would win a lot of  states during the primary.

Maybe the county needed an Obama to wake up.

He'd lose every single state...

And if he runs, I'll bet you $500 that he does...

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ron Paul won the multiple polls of the fox debates over all the other "electable canidates"  so somehow he is less electable

The only reason people say he isnt electable is becuase they want to bad mouth the guy and vilify him so people wont vote for him, like all of you here are. I know personally everyone that saw and read what he stood for liked the guy and his thoughts and would support him if given a chance.. instead the media and the republicans wanted to put their power behind neocons

Polls  If ARFCOM firemissions tell you anything it's that these polls don't mean shit when a group of people organize to hit them.  Ron Paul always had a well organized base that was all over the internet ready to launch a firemission at the drop of a hat.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: One thing about that. He is against abortion but see's it as a states rights issue as outlined in the constitution. It's not not the federal goverments job to legislate such things.

yup, lot of people too high & mighty for their own good
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Polls  If ARFCOM firemissions tell you anything it's that these polls don't mean shit when a group of people organize to hit them.  Ron Paul always had a well organized base that was all over the internet ready to launch a firemission at the drop of a hat.

yes but did you watch the debates he was the only person that came off with passion and actually sounded like he knew wtf he was talking about, he was blowing them away in the debates.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Not to mention he had little to no support in the media... let's face it. If you aren't an Israel firster you won't get any support with the media.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#48]
in on one

and

not only no but hell no
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Ron Paul is great but he will simply be too old by the time 2012 rolls around. I'm willing to support anyone who will protect our constitution, isn't hellbent on kissing Israel's ass, starting more wars, wants smaller government and wants to protect our borders. So.... judging by the goons in the republican party, I will be voting third party again.

A vote to a third party is basically 1/2 a vote for Obama's second term as high overlord.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Some of you seem to be assuming that there wont be any better candidates in 2012 that weren't running last year.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top