BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had wisdom teeth pulled. The dentist recommended marijuana edibles for pain.
View Quote

Well, yeah, since the DEA went batshit over hydrocodone and cooked up The Opioid Crisis!!!111!!1!

Doctors are scared to prescribe pain killers anymore. Don't get me started on that.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Smell the shit all the time now. Driving down the roads with the Windows down you can smell it from other cars. Going in and out of stores you smell it on people.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We must not hang out with the same gen x'ers then.

One guy I used to work with would roll up a spliff the size of a sharpie marker, stick in his mouth  first thing in the morning, and relight as necessary all day long while running out a block wall.

Still tokes up before every concrete pour, I have no idea how he functions with that much THC tar in the brain.
View Quote

Lol, again, it depends on what "proof" it is... There are beer drinkers and there are vodka drinkers. Typically one drinks more volume than the other.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I don’t trust the chemically mixed crap from stores….of course it’s no worse than the food from stores so ?????
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Been legal in Alaska for awhile.

Changes have not been good.

As more young kids and adults smoke it all sorts of crimes have gone up.
They go from smoking dope to the hard stuff.
Also more violent.
More homeless on town.

People will smoke so much they have trouble talking and walking.

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Colorado native here.
It has accelerated this states downfall into the liberal darling that it is.

Rapid population increase.
Increased homelessness - it is fucking horrible in the urban areas. They closed Civic Center park across the street from the Capitol earlier this year because of the filth, drug use and crime that comes with the vagrants.
Increased auto insurance rates- drivers are fucked in this state. I have a buddy who was a Thornton traffic cop. He told me that realistically on DUI enforcement nights he can figure 80% of his contacts on any given night would not pass a piss test. The injury accident rate has increased 300%.
Fucked the housing market - dope businesses can’t put their money in banks so they purchase homes for cash, keep it for 2 years and sell the home. Now they have clean cash to put in the bank. Money laundering 101.

To the comment that “Smoking weed has never killed anyone” - bullshit. Plenty of serious injury/ fatal T/A with a stoned driver involved. My buddy the former cop let me in on a dirty little secret- you will never see true and honest numbers on the negative effects of legalization. There is way too much money involved and tax revenues to the state.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
People are still working hard
View Quote

OP lied about being from Michigan.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Colorado native here.

Increased homelessness - it is fucking horrible in the urban areas. They closed Civic Center park across the street from the Capitol earlier this year because of the filth, drug use and crime that comes with the vagrants.
Increased auto insurance rates- drivers are fucked in this state. I have a buddy who was a Thornton traffic cop. He told me that realistically on DUI enforcement nights he can figure 80% of his contacts on any given night would not pass a piss test. The injury accident rate has increased 300%.
Fucked the housing market - dope businesses can't put their money in banks so they purchase homes for cash, keep it for 2 years and sell the home. Now they have clean cash to put in the bank. Money laundering 101.
View Quote

I could only imagine what Boulder is like these days. I lived there for a little while, and I was utterly disgusted with the filthy hippies and their goddamn drum circles everywhere back then. I could only imagine what it's like now that the cops can't run them off or lock them up for getting stoned.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#9]
The skunk smell it puts off at times makes me nauseous. At one point I couldn't go outside my own fuckin home.

If you're driving anywhere near a pot shop, you better be a lot more aware of drivers doing the dumbest fucking shit, and hope everyone around you is doing the same.

The criminals push the line further. Cartels start growing. mexican, russian, hmong. They buy land, intimidate neighbor's, drop the water table causing wells to go dry.

Anyone I've ever know who smokes that shit has fucked up logic. Anyone I've ever worked for who smokes that shit has been a problem.

And that includes as they always say, "in moderation". That shit fucks with your head WAY beyond the high.

Its just another way to increase liberal voters.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Colorado native here.

Fucked the housing market - dope businesses can’t put their money in banks so they purchase homes for cash, keep it for 2 years and sell the home. Now they have clean cash to put in the bank. Money laundering 101.
View Quote

When Colorado legalized....I personally know 2 people that just packed up and moved there citing that as the sole reason for their move. Both screaming libs too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When Colorado legalized....I personally know 2 people that just packed up and moved there citing that as the sole reason for their move. Both screaming libs too.
View Quote
A cousin moved there with her husband because he is a big pot head.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I lived in Wa State when it was legalized... before when I would drive around.... MAYBE once a month I would smell someone in a car smoking weed, after it was legalized I it was about 3 cars a month.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lol, again, it depends on what "proof" it is... There are beer drinkers and there are vodka drinkers. Typically one drinks more volume than the other.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We must not hang out with the same gen x'ers then.

One guy I used to work with would roll up a spliff the size of a sharpie marker, stick in his mouth  first thing in the morning, and relight as necessary all day long while running out a block wall.

Still tokes up before every concrete pour, I have no idea how he functions with that much THC tar in the brain.

You should meet a tile guy I worked with once.

He had to graduate to vodka because beer wouldn't cut it anymore.

I can't believe he's still alive. He'll drink a bottle of vodka a day at this point.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread delivers… lol
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I use Motrin for headaches and if its something worse off to the doctor I go.
View Quote

Ah yes, Opioids. Modern pharmaceutical companies incentivized gift to the doctors, and the world.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I lived in Wa State when it was legalized... before when I would drive around.... MAYBE once a month I would smell someone in a car smoking weed, after it was legalized I it was about 3 cars a month.
View Quote

Right at X-mas 2 years ago I had a Dr appointment and I had to drive about 10 miles down a major arterial (Wadsworth Blvd) to go to his office.
Literally every light I stopped at I could look around and see somebody baking in their car.
It’s bullshit.

I have always been of the stance of “you are free to do what you want to do as long as it doesn’t affect me.”
Well fuck you and your legal dope.
Since Amendment 64 passed:
My auto insurance has increased $100.00+ per month ( I have never had an accident where I was at fault and I have not had any form of violation in 30+ years)
People are fucked buying a home with conventional financing.
The traffic along the front range is fucked.
It has brought many undesirable elements.

Fuck you, it affects me.

Burn the legal dope business down to the ground for all I care.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here in Commifornia before it became recreational.
You wouldn't smell it so much.

At home and away.

Now it reeks everywhere including on the freeways.
View Quote

I've had to travel to CA a few times during COVID. Every hotel I stayed at, even nice ones, reeked of it. Here, where it is also recreationally legal, you smell it constantly on the road, you know, when driving behind single occupant vehicles.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#18]
When I lived in California it sucked because I couldn’t take my kids anywhere without them having to inhale the smoke especially to any beaches, Six Flags, and even the Disney parking lot.

And everything you can buy at a dispensary is available cheaper on the street, so kids are getting really strong pot. We caught our son with it and I couldn’t believe how strong the smell was.

It’s affecting states where it’s still illegal, too. The same stuff you buy at California dispensaries is available here in Texas, in the same packaging. They’re not even trying to hide the source, it’s being brought into the state in large quantities.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Oregon was already saturated in a deep purple haze prior to weed being legalized here, but depending on where you went people still made some attempt to cover it up a little... well, not anymore.  It's all weed, everywhere, all the time.  Based on the sheer number of weed-marts in most every town, I think it's just safer to assume everyone is stoned unless/until proven otherwise.  They sure act like... state was already famous for its shitty drivers, they've gotten nothing but worse.  Fuckers can barely handle their shopping carts at the grocery store.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
From what I gather, the people that smoked it before it was legal, still smoke it. Those that didnt, still dont. I have seen no changes in the people I know.
View Quote

Imagine that.  

The devil's lettuce is so common and normalized now days that it hardly matters whether it's legal or not.  If people want it, they get it.  If they don't they don't.

I personally have never had a good experience with it but I wish they'd go ahead and legalize it.  Uncle Sugar shouldn't be dictating such things.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Marijuana is entirely illegal in Texas. But it's 100% legal in Michigan, where I used to live.

I went back over the summer for a family function, and I was surprised the changes I have seen in people. Family members who preached to me when I was in high school about staying away from marijuana are now growing and smoking it on a daily basis. Friends who were religious growing up are smoking it on a daily basis. From what I gather though, there hasn't been much of a social impact. People are still working hard, it doesn't seem to be causing an increase in crime, I don't know what impact it has had on DUIs or anything though.

What have you seen in your states? Has it caused loss of worker productivity, increases in crime, or increases in DUIs? Have you seen people who you never thought would smoke weed, smoking weed now?
View Quote

We haven’t had it long enough here to tell. It’s also not full legalization…medical only, but my perception is that getting a weed card is basically a FaceTime call with a prescribing doctor. They hand them out like candy from what I’m seeing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Colorado native here.

View Quote

Genuinely curious, so you're saying what? That they're bringing suitcases or duffle bags full of 100's to real estate closings? Because a "cash" offer / purchase generally means you're capable of providing proof of funds (like a bank statement) to back up your offer.

Then you're paying with a wire or cashier's check at the closing table, both of which would require....putting that actual cash into a bank first.

I've never seen nor heard of anyone paying in actual "cash" in a pretty long tenured career in the real estate / building / construction industry.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#23]
In Alaska it's fucking gross and 90% of the local people under 30 seem to care about little else aside from their next bong hit. Anchorage is a disgusting little San Francisco on Ice in the making.  The commie city assembly (council) is to blame.  I really hope we can vote some of those fuckers out and do some good now that we have a republican mayor.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Fatal DUIs with weed as the intoxicant went through the roof in CA.  Psych issues brought on by MJ consumption are widespread, if unreported.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
All I know is we vacationed in Colorado last year. We went to the grocery store to stock the Airbnb and it was nothing but fucking hippie zombies everywhere. I don't know what it was like before but holy fuck it's bad
View Quote

What does a hippie zombie look like? Got any pics?
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes I see it and smell it everywhere now. Lots more tobacco fillers dumped in parking lots and hazed out hoodies hanging
In parking lots getting high. Especially in parking lots of big gun stores which I always find ironic. Two dudes smg king while babies mama goes in to purchase a Glock for her protection.

Lots of pop up signs for medical stuff all over. Otherwise not a lot of changes, just more open use
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#27]
More people are sleeping much better.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Increased litter. They roll their blunts and dump the tobacco and packaging on the ground. Then they leave their munchy fast food garbage all over. Fucking slobs.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I think the biggest difference is in the "under 21" category. Went from slightly difficult/gotta know someone who deals in weed to anyone over 21 can buy it for them at a dispensary as a favor or for a little extra cash.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Pot is just another drug. Nothing more, nothing less.  If an individual abuses it, it may ruin their life... They may wind up being a fully functioning abuser of marijuana... They may wind up sleeping behind a dumpster, and stealing just enough to get their dope, and food. Never know.
I have never seen a "marijuana junkie" sleeping behind a dumpster. I have seen pot heads live in their parents homes well into their 40's. Hey, they were "cool", in their mind.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Prohibition is generally bad,  it creates government backed monopolies for the very worst people imaginable and statistics show it promotes the very activities it makes illegal.  How long are idiots going to misuse government power on failure after failure?   The answer is as long as they aren't help personally responsible for the lives ruined, and taxpayer money wasted.

The only difference I notice in most places where it's legal is the horrible smell.  But I am also cursed with a very good sense of smell that unfortunately doesn't seem to be going anywhere with age.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m an Oklahoma psych RN. I can’t remember the last patient I had that didn’t have a card FWIW.  We’re a medical only state but if you want a card you can get one.

None of the patients believe it but it can play hell with psych meds for some people.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I feel bad for the folks in CO. It was like a loser pilgrimage there, for the weed and mountains.
I doubt anyone planned a move to IL when they legalized it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Legalized here federally three years ago. Haven't seen any changes except for weed stores everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I’ve travelled to Denver for years.  Pot wrecked the city and homelessness is rampant.  People say it’s the same as booze, but people in Denver could handle booze and can’t handle pot.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#36]
187% increase in homeless crazies
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:58:39 PM EDT
[#37]
They smoke marijuana places they didn’t before.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Its fucked people up here for sure. Badly...

The State of Colorado is more addicted to it than anyone, because they now
rely heavily on the tax revenue to fund all their bullshit liberal projects.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I haven’t seen changes in people, but quite a few friends/coworkers come out as potheads that I never would have guessed. What is annoying is having dispensaries on every corner, they’re all over the place.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Not at all.  Nobody gave a rat's patoot that it was illegal here before it was "legalized" with the intent of increasing government revenue.

Nobody cares about the law in my state.  That's something a lot of people outside of it just don't understand.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It has become socially acceptable over the past 2 years here.
View Quote

I worked with a conservative guy who lived in Prague.

He retired a couple of years before me, and I was surprised to learn that he and his son now own 2 dispensaries in OKC.

NEVER would have envisioned him teaching "cooking with cannabis" classes.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Genuinely curious, so you're saying what? That they're bringing suitcases or duffle bags full of 100's to real estate closings? Because a "cash" offer / purchase generally means you're capable of providing proof of funds (like a bank statement) to back up your offer.

Then you're paying with a wire or cashier's check at the closing table, both of which would require....putting that actual cash into a bank first.

I've never seen nor heard of anyone paying in actual "cash" in a pretty long tenured career in the real estate / building / construction industry.
View Quote

Cash money. We moved last year and our realtor confirmed and she was shocked at the amount of actual cash she had seen at closings.
She also said she has seen out of state cashiers and bank checks.

The money laundering game is huge around the dope business, always has been.
The thing that gets me is this- you cant put your dope money in the bank because it is illegal at a Fed level correct?
But the Fed will sure the fuck collect their tax from it.
Dope businesses are audited on a MONTHLY basis.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Marijuana is entirely illegal in Texas. But it's 100% legal in Michigan, where I used to live.

I went back over the summer for a family function, and I was surprised the changes I have seen in people. Family members who preached to me when I was in high school about staying away from marijuana are now growing and smoking it on a daily basis. Friends who were religious growing up are smoking it on a daily basis. From what I gather though, there hasn't been much of a social impact. People are still working hard, it doesn't seem to be causing an increase in crime, I don't know what impact it has had on DUIs or anything though.

What have you seen in your states? Has it caused loss of worker productivity, increases in crime, or increases in DUIs? Have you seen people who you never thought would smoke weed, smoking weed now?
View Quote

I had two guys who used to work for me (10years ago) who were daily smokers for decades.
I went to a funeral a few weeks ago and saw both guys. Crazy as it seems now that pot is 100% legal in Virginia it seems one guy has stopped and the other has severely curtailed his usage.  
Weird but that is the only contact I've had with it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#44]
The  people that I know smoke it are aways in some kind of weird drama. Cars getting repo'd, behind on rent, child support drama. Trouble at work. I think it clouds your thinking.  Now, if someone smokes once a week, or on rare occasion probably not that drama.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Legalizing weed is a "step toward greater feeedom." You can tell because of all the additional freedoms people get restored in the years following legalization.

The NFA of 1934 was passed less than 6 months after the repeal of prohibition. Nobody cared about the loss of that freedom, because they were all free to get drunk again and that was more important than a silly "common sense" gun control law. The same sequence of events is happening over and over again in the states that legalize recreational/illegal drugs.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#46]
We also need to consider that the dope now is not the same dope that was around in the 70’s when I was in high school.
Back then if THC levels were near 25% it was considered “Killer weed”.
Now you have potencies in the 80% range.
It ain’t just a “little weed” now.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
All I know is we vacationed in Colorado last year. We went to the grocery store to stock the Airbnb and it was nothing but fucking hippie zombies everywhere. I don't know what it was like before but holy fuck it's bad
View Quote

Depending on where you went, it was like that before.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#48]
It’s funny, some of the big things I see some of y’all complaining about - bigly increased homelessness, soaring home prices, increases in crime - are all happening in states where it’s still illegal too.

Maybe it’s not all because of reefer madness?
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Cash money. We moved last year and our realtor confirmed and she was shocked at the amount of actual cash she had seen at closings.
She also said she has seen out of state cashiers and bank checks.

The money laundering game is huge around the dope business, always has been.
The thing that gets me is this- you cant put your dope money in the bank because it is illegal at a Fed level correct?
But the Fed will sure the fuck collect their tax from it.
Dope businesses are audited on a MONTHLY basis.
View Quote

Interesting, I was at Michigan back in 08' when medical got legalized, and the unspoken policy of most local banks in the years following when I was there seemed to be "don't ask questions you don't want to know the answers too".

Med dispensary guy brings in 7k for deposit and it was always "oh cool, you sold your snowmobile", or "congrats on that scratch off ticket".

They completely knew what was up, they just didn't seem to care.

Nor do I. I've overseen large "warehouse" projects with enough electrical infrastructure to power a small block.

I can't recall having an impolite client, one who didn't pay their invoices on time, or one that smelled a bit different from that, particular industry.

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think like alcohol, some people can handle it, and some have it ruin their lives.
View Quote

2PNI
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top