Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Now for the wiring and all that good jazz...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!  I have been looking into building a board myself.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice!  I have been looking into building a board myself.
View Quote
Thanks. I hope I can get the wiring done like I’m imagining. I really need to sit down and plan it out before I jump.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 4:15:44 AM EDT
[#4]
That pedal board is awesome!

Quoted:
I went from stomp boxes to rack-mounted effects and back to pedals.
View Quote
I'm still on step 2 of that progression.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Well populating this board is gonna take some time at the rate I can afford it but at least I got the GEC8 jr in for it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking good.

What are you going to use for a power supply?
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven’t made up my mind on exactly which one but it’ll be an isolated power supply. I’m looking at Moen’s MISO-8, 1 Spot Mondo, and one from Strymon right now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#8]
A little update. I have all but two pedals ordered for it that should be here by Wednesday. I’ve added some USB ports and usb gooseneck lights. I’ve even added a couple stick on pick holders just too be prepared.

I’ll post new pictures when the pedals arrive but for now here are a few.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#9]
That looks awesome. I can't read the place holders for the pedals. Which pedals are you going with?
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That looks awesome. I can't read the place holders for the pedals. Which pedals are you going with?
View Quote
Thanks. I ordered a Dunlop slash signature octave fuzz, Dunlop slash edition wah pedal, the Dunlop psych series 69 Jimi Hendrix uni-vibe, Keeley ECCOS delay, Keeley dynatrim tremolo, EHX Lester K, and a J Rockett Lenny.

I also ordered a few option knobs for them too.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#11]
The last two pedals I’ll get will be the MXR talk box and the Digitech Trio +. I’ll probably get the power supply before that though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#12]
The fun begins...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Looking good!
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks. I just tested out the new pedals and I think I made the right choices so far. Next month I’m gonna get the talk box and Trio+ I think.

Here are a couple more pics.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Thought this was a cool pic

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#16]

It looks great. I really like how clean the pedal board is setup. How does the JRAD Lenny sound?
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It looks great. I really like how clean the pedal board is setup. How does the JRAD Lenny sound?
View Quote

It’s definitely a keeper. I need to play around with it some more but so far I like it. While I’m not gonna day it’s Stevie in a pedal it is one big link in the puzzle.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Tada!!! Jack plate...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Nicely done...

Engraved by hand?

With carbon paper tracing? Or something else?

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nicely done...

Engraved by hand?

View Quote

Hand drawn, hand engraved
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#22]
That is beautiful work.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nicely done...

Engraved by hand?

I see your designs drawn on paper, and what looks to be a (stereo? or mono view with two eyepieces?) microscope, and the end product, but I'm not sure that I can fill in the gaps...

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I see your designs drawn on paper, and what looks to be a (stereo? or mono view with two eyepieces?) microscope, and the end product, but I'm not sure that I can fill in the gaps...

View Quote

Well I drew it out on paper first so I know what I have to cut and get the spacing all correct. After that I cut out a sheet of brass the size I needed.

After this I then draw what I need to engrave onto the brass using a fine point India ink pen and then lightly scribe the designs into the metal as the ink will eventually smear.

After this I hand engrave into the metal the design that is scribed on the surface. I use this stuff to do the engraving.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well I drew it out on paper first so I know what I have to cut and get the spacing all correct. After that I cut out a sheet of brass the size I needed.

After this I then draw what I need to engrave onto the brass using a fine point India ink pen and then lightly scribe the designs into the metal as the ink will eventually smear.

After this I hand engrave into the metal the design that is scribed on the surface. I use this stuff to do the engraving.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53155/5A8EB994-2C86-4F5A-A33F-5E15673D8AF6_jpe-1333063.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53155/5A8EB994-2C86-4F5A-A33F-5E15673D8AF6_jpe-1333063.JPG

Interesting - I will have to do some reading about engraving and associated tooling... Maybe that's an air engraver and special vise...

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Interesting - I will have to do some reading about engraving and associated tooling... Maybe that's an air engraver and special vise...

View Quote

Yes. It’s pneumatic, which makes it pulse taking out the need to push with your palm. I learned push engraving and then got the power handpiece later.

As for the vise, it’s specific to engravers and jewelers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Wasn't seeing your vision until you posted this...more of a workstation. Very cool. I'm thinking of something similar. We have a 15x20 fully finished out bonus room over the garage we play use for music time.  I'd like to have all our pedals (analog and digital modelers) so any of the three guitar players can use/switch whatever pedals they want. None are midi (unless the USB link allows this?) So I'll have something like your setup when it's all said and done.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wasn't seeing your vision until you posted this...more of a workstation. Very cool. I'm thinking of something similar. We have a 15x20 fully finished out bonus room over the garage we play use for music time.  I'd like to have all our pedals (analog and digital modelers) so any of the three guitar players can use/switch whatever pedals they want. None are midi (unless the USB link allows this?) So I'll have something like your setup when it's all said and done.
View Quote

I plan on building kind of a fake “stage” in that doorway for the amp to sit on and have a curtain behind it. On the front of the stage I plan on having it able to lift up so I can push that pedal board under it for safe storage.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:56:54 PM EDT
[#29]
This was one of the best purchases I’ve ever made towards my playing. I took this out of the box, turned it on, did a basic strum of the chord progression to Pride and Joy and it spit out the drums and bass for it instantly. I’m absolutely floored by it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This was one of the best purchases I’ve ever made towards my playing. I took this out of the box, turned it on, did a basic strum of the chord progression to Pride and Joy and it spit out the drums and bass for it instantly. I’m absolutely floored by it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53155/08EE7E0B-3764-48BC-B0D8-81BF66F26CB5_jpe-1351590.JPG
View Quote

I've never heard of that pedal. Just watched a few YouTube demos and holy cow that thing looks powerful/awesome.

Just updated my guitar wish list on Amazon!
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've never heard of that pedal. Just watched a few YouTube demos and holy cow that thing looks powerful/awesome.

Just updated my guitar wish list on Amazon!
View Quote

It’s worth a look for sure. I’m going to start building up some backing tracks on it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#32]
tagged to look at for later
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top