User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will admitt some of the old school guys that don't like change can do a good job.

The problem with drilling a hole is the insurance companies say it changes the crumple zones and the PDR tech could be held responsible .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I got a quarter sized ding on my drivers door.  It's inaccessible from the back-side without taking off the door panel.  Would a dent-remover be able to fix it?

The guy I watched drilled a hole on the end of the door, then plugged it with a matching plastic plug when he was done.

The guy who drilled a hole is a hack , there is no reason to drill if you invest in a good glue kit.

Probably.  He's been doing it for 20+ years, so perhaps he hasn't kept up with the latest technology?  

He makes a good living, BTW.  

I will admitt some of the old school guys that don't like change can do a good job.

The problem with drilling a hole is the insurance companies say it changes the crumple zones and the PDR tech could be held responsible .

What? It's a small hole. They're not cutting pieces out with a sawsall.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My WRX has a handful of dings, small, about a quarter's size, that need to be removed. On the trunk, hood, and a couple on the quarter panels.

What's the ballpark charge for removing one?

Looks like this thread is turning into a "ask a ....... anything" thread.
View Quote

The local guy I use is $75 for the first dent, $25 additional for each one after that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nancy Pelosi does a good job of removing the dent in my pants...
View Quote

Man, i've seen some pretty off the wall shit in GD. But seriously, where in the hell did this come from? Lol.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
in the past didn't they weld rods to it?

That's more for dent removal when they are doing body work and is still used. What I am talking about is a guy removing dents with picks amd such without hurting your paint.

Sometimes people need a pic

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x332/Mike_Boles/4578F1D9-D80E-4DAE-8665-309E821A4CD5-849-00000129F9FC2420_zps0d54b6c7.jpg

If your in the San Diego area, I'd love to give you some business .
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish you were closer BM3. My wifes Tahoe has a door ding. I'd like to get the ding out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wish you were closer BM3. My wifes Tahoe has a door ding. I'd like to get the ding out.
View Quote

Look it up in the Yellow Pages. There are probably a bunch of companies that do it in your area. The guy I hired had all his tools with him and came to my house. Took the dents out right in the driveway.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#7]
So two days after having this amazing process done. Someone hits our car in a parking lot and leaves. Same quarter panel that I had the dent removed. Now it's at the shop having the rear passenger side quarter panel removed and replaced. Feels so good having a 1 yr 8000 mile Pilot chopped up.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top