Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:16:46 AM EDT
[#1]
is still susecptible to being hacked––-many have lost data and had info stolen––just not such a grand scale.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats why im willing to pay for online service such as xbox live.

Did you notice the "possibly credit card numbers" part? Do you think they can get credit card numbers from people who don't pay?

lol owned

you still need to purchase game downloads and game addons with a credit card.

No you don't.  You need MS Points.  These points can be purchased from major retailers.  So MS doesn't require a CC.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#3]
at the people here suggesting that you need a credit card to access Xbox live. You can buy a fucking points card with cash at the store and get on Xbox live without giving out your CC #.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

is still susecptible to being hacked––-many have lost data and had info stolen––just not such a grand scale.

because of poor security habits of the end user. It is not a hack, its compromised passwords.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#5]
how do you pay for your monthly access?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Holy fuck I almost pissed all over myself.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

For what 360? Can you read? It has been explained to you 3 times at least.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Damn! thanks for that link, that's like almost 20 bucks cheaper than at best buy.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:33:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Damn! thanks for that link, that's like almost 20 bucks cheaper than at best buy.

yeah they had a rate increase, so stocking up on them while they are cheap is probably a good idea.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

For what 360? Can you read? It has been explained to you 3 times at least.

HUSH UP YOU. READING IS FOR FOOLS; CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Locked my stuff down yesterday. Pain in the ass. My leaked password was also my email. No damage yet though other than missing a bit of work.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#13]
geohot is  getting the last laugh here ?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't use credit cards for xbox or psn, just use game cards its safer plus you won't get that urge to buy more then you oughta.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
They shouldn't have fucked with Geohot.

They tried to strong-arm someone and they were strong-armed back.  

Karma is a sonuvabitch.

I love how everyone on ar15.com supposedly hates thieves, yet for some reason so many people support this shitbag Geohot like he's some kind of fucking Robinhood.

I'm not that inclined hacker-wise, but from what I understand he figured out a way to basically jailbreak the PS3, which allowed people who followed suit to pirate shit from the Playstation Store for free.

He is a FUCKING THIEF. Blaming Sony for going after him would be like calling you an asshole for calling the cops when someone breaks in and steals your flatscreen.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:54:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lol, and I can't even comprehend what I read.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Big deal.

The card you used for purchasing off the PSN, call that company and ask for a new one.

Problem solved.

Not so simple for most of the people.

Most people use the same password and username for multiple things, including their emails and online credit card banking and so now they have to go and change out the passwords for their emails, online banking, and credit cards.

On top of that you may start receiving an influx of spam mail at your home and email.

There is a whole world of inconvenience tied to this. Especially since Playstation decided to wait for almost a week after the leak before informing people. There could have been a load of harm already done in that week that could have been preventable if they had let people know sooner.

they have birthday and address an identity can be completely stolen with that info credit cards and spam at the least of the problems
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Karma is a sonuvabitch.

I love how everyone on ar15.com supposedly hates thieves, yet for some reason so many people support this shitbag Geohot like he's some kind of fucking Robinhood.

I'm not that inclined hacker-wise, but from what I understand he figured out a way to basically jailbreak the PS3, which allowed people who followed suit to pirate shit from the Playstation Store for free.

He is a FUCKING THIEF. Blaming Sony for going after him would be like calling you an asshole for calling the cops when someone breaks in and steals your flatscreen.

I am glad you said you are not that inclined hacker wise, as it helps understand your point of view. Having said that, shut the fuck up about things you don't understand. While I did not actually agree with the particular method Geohot used, pirating software was never a goal of the jailbreak. Using OtherOS was the whole point of Geohot's jailbreak. Am I a fucking thief because I jailbreak my iPhone to put unapproved apps on it? I am pretty fucking sure I still pay for the apps when they require it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, and I can't even comprehend what I read.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

LOL that made me chortle even harder. It is ironic that Sony puts DRM on all their hardware and software to make sure nobody can do anything but what Sony says with it; then turns around and doesn't even use basic encryption with their customers private information.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#20]

I fuckin' lol'd.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Karma is a sonuvabitch.

I stopped reading there.

You realize Geohot was not hacking for the intent of stealing, right? he wanted to install his own software on the fucking hardware he paid for.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Opps. That's going to be expensive.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Karma is a sonuvabitch.

His intent was not to create an avenue for piracy.

He didn't steal anything.

Sony went after the wrong person...

Other companies combat modding through software updates. Sony turned to litigation. They will lose a lot of money over this... In my opinion, they deserve it. It's unfortunate that end users are affected.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Thanks for the link. I forgot to buy a new one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top