BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one of the 435 Refurbs a while back from the same place.  Our saw didn't see a lot heavy use last summer and fall but when we needed it, it performed flawlessly.

Great deal on a kick ass chainsaw.

Link Posted: 2/22/2013 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn arfcom costing me more money. I already have 3 saws ,but this is a nice upgrade for my little one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Well it looks like mine either got lost or stolen. Called Fedex about it and they have to look into where my package is.

Are y'alls coming in a box that says Huskqvarna on the outside or is there a blank box around it?

Link Posted: 2/22/2013 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stihl snob...

if you read the reviews on the website somebody else had the same problem
had a link to a youtube how-to video to do exactly that... happens when the brake gets applied without the bar on the saw

No snob--I've said many times, Huskie makes a perfectly cute saw.  

Husqvarna > Stihl

Fact.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well it looks like mine either got lost or stolen. Called Fedex about it and they have to look into where my package is.

Are y'alls coming in a box that says Huskqvarna on the outside or is there a blank box around it?

All the pictures in this thread show a box that says Husqvarna with a picture of a freaking chainsaw on it.

Try Arby's?
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stihl snob...

had a link to a youtube how-to video to do exactly that... happens when the brake gets applied without the bar on the saw

Husqvarna > Stihl

Fact.

If you say so chief.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Now I own another saw
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stihl snob...

Husqvarna > Stihl

Fact.

If you say so chief.

Stihl is for homos.

Fact.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stihl snob...

Husqvarna > Stihl

Fact.

If you say so chief.

Stihl is for homos.

Fact.

I use Stihl saws damn near every day.I'm pretty sure that I'm not a homo.Your facts are flawed good Sir.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Your facts are flawed good Sir.

I'm afraid not my good friend, but fear not, it's not too late to repent and buy a Husky.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the pictures in this thread show a box that says Husqvarna with a picture of a freaking chainsaw on it.

Try Arby's?

Well I looked at the one picture of a box and didn't see a shipping label on it. I've bought stuff before where they put it in a plain box since the package screams steal me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Husqvarna > Stihl

Fact.

My entire family owns nothing but Husqvarnas (51, 460, 555, 359) and we are completely satisfied with them in every way. With an outdoor wood boiler, the saws get a good workout on a semi-regular basis, so we do more wood than your typical homeowner.

Having said that, it is my understanding that STIHL is a slightly better product, however you will pay dearly for it if you go that route. We chose Husky because their saws were 95% as good as STIHL for 70% of the cost.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Husqvarna > Stihl

Fact.

My entire family owns nothing but Husqvarnas (51, 460, 555, 359) and we are completely satisfied with them in every way. With an outdoor wood boiler, the saws get a good workout on a semi-regular basis, so we do more wood than your typical homeowner.

Having said that, it is my understanding that STIHL is a slightly better product, however you will pay dearly for it if you go that route. We chose Husky because their saws were 95% as good as STIHL for 75% of the cost.

To be fair, I might be slightly biased in favour of Husky. I grew up in the town of Huskvarna, only a few hundred meters from the factory.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm afraid not my good friend, but fear not, it's not too late to repent and buy a Husky.

Jonsered maybe.Husky nah.ETA..I'm really just messing around fyi.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jonsered is less gay than Stihl, but it still ain't right.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Purchased the 445 a few years ago., from VM.
Nice saw.
Be sure to release the brake before removing bar cover, or it's a bitch to get back on.
A you tube video showed how to install if brake was left on.

This man speaks the truth.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stihl snob...

Husqvarna > Stihl

Fact.

If you say so chief.

Stihl is for homos.

Fact.

It's true

Saws

That

Inflamed

Homos

Link Posted: 2/22/2013 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stihl vs Husky is a pointless arguement...everyone already knows Stihl is the superior saw.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#20]
So when I receive this here saw what steps will I need to take to attach the bar? Never had to do one before.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So when I receive this here saw what steps will I need to take to attach the bar? Never had to do one before.

I'll do it for you for $100.

Edit: Or 95 "Stihl" stickers.

Edit: http://husqvarnachainsaw.danielcadams.com/how-to-install-a-husqvarna-chainsaw-bar-adjustment-bolt/
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Mine came in today. Minor scratch about 1/2" long on side. Other than that looks new.

mine has several semi noticable scratches and some minor internal wear under covers and what not. Eh its a chainsaw. After the first use its going to look like hell anyways. Also I buy refurb stuff all the time. About time I got something that wasnt perfect. It was only a matter of time.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:22:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stihl vs Husky is a pointless arguement...everyone homo already knows Stihl is the superior saw.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:27:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine came in today. Minor scratch about 1/2" long on side. Other than that looks new.

mine has several semi noticable scratches and some minor internal wear under covers and what not. Eh its a chainsaw. After the first use its going to look like hell anyways. Also I buy refurb stuff all the time. About time I got something that wasnt perfect. It was only a matter of time.

Meh, throw it down the driveway once and it won't matter. Mine has a mark or two on it and some crud under the cover, but it will look like that after one use anyway. It's 1/2 the price than buying one from Lowe's, so I'm a happy camper.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:29:51 AM EDT
[#26]
OOS?
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:30:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Mine's out for delivery.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:46:03 AM EDT
[#28]
New promo code:

Refurb 16in Husqvarna 435 - $139.99 w/ promo code BT45BR
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:56:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Feel free to post pictures of awesome Stihl vintage motocross bikes....

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:02:47 AM EDT
[#30]

That is ridiculous.... must have
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:06:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stihl snob...

That function just as good as a stihl. I've put them both through hell on wildland firelines for days at a time, and both took it and asked for more.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:07:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Husqvarna > Stihl

Fact.

Having said that, it is my understanding that STIHL is a slightly better product, however you will pay dearly for it if you go that route. We chose Husky because their saws were 95% as good as STIHL for 70% of the cost.

We have an outdoor wood boiler as well. It kills saws pretty quick, I've been after my FIL to get a good one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Mine should be here Tuesday.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:54:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Like all tools, I expect some work out of it and breakage.

I'm not stuck on brand.

I've used a Stihl and had pleasant experiences with it. Other than me having to dissassemble the bar as I got some shit jammed up in it. DOn't ask.

But, I don't saw trees down for a living or even on a semi-regular basis.

As long as it fires up and goes through rotting corpse flesh, I'm good.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:39:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That function just as good as a stihl. I've put them both through hell on wildland firelines for days at a time, and both took it and asked for more.

I've tried to avoid pointing this out, but there's a reason they have a warehouse full of refurbed Huskies--and no such thing exists for Stihl saws.  Think about where all these saws came from.  

Hmmm...

<--------------   Stihl owner
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:09:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've tried to avoid pointing this out, but there's a reason they have a warehouse full of refurbed Huskies--and no such thing exists for Stihl saws.  Think about where all these saws came from.  

From lazy homeowners that don't use it, store it properly, or maintain them? So they return them for a fouled up carb that can take 5 minutes and $10 worth of gaskets to fix and resale for a huge profit?

Yeah, I'm not too worried.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Um, if they have been returned, and the money refunded, then they are sold for next to nothing to a refurb seller, then sold at retail for half price, there isn't exactly a "huge profit."  The reason these saws are almost blemish free is because they were problems right out of the box.  They get returned, then sent back to a refurb center to fix--then can't be sold as new, so they are unloaded to this seller.

Don't get me wrong--for the uses mentioned in this thread they will perform just fine.  But to claim they are better than Stihls (or even, barf, Echos) is silly.  Stihl even has attempted to get into the "weekend warrior one weekend a year" market with cheap saws (IIRC 017).  They are even allowing their stuff to be sold in box stores now.  Oh, but it's not a box store because it's privately owned (Rural King).  To their great detriment, IMO.  

Well... when you put it like that.

This will work perfect for my weekend warrior role.

I'm glad I don't have to use one on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't chainsaws banned in IL?
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:35:19 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From lazy homeowners that don't use it, store it properly, or maintain them? So they return them for a fouled up carb that can take 5 minutes and $10 worth of gaskets to fix and resale for a huge profit?

Yeah, I'm not too worried.

Um, if they have been returned, and the money refunded, then they are sold for next to nothing to a refurb seller, then sold at retail for half price, there isn't exactly a "huge profit."  The reason these saws are almost blemish free is because they were problems right out of the box.  They get returned, then sent back to a refurb center to fix--then can't be sold as new, so they are unloaded to this seller.

Don't get me wrong--for the uses mentioned in this thread they will perform just fine.  But to claim they are better than Stihls (or even, barf, Echos) is silly.  Stihl even has attempted to get into the "weekend warrior one weekend a year" market with cheap saws (IIRC 017).  They are even allowing their stuff to be sold in box stores now.  Oh, but it's not a box store because it's privately owned (Rural King).  To their great detriment, IMO.  

Are you a GD chainsaw pro or do just happen to play one on TV?

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well... when you put it like that.

This will work perfect for my weekend warrior role.

I'm glad I don't have to use one on a regular basis.

It's really just the age old Ford Vs. Chevy thing.Most people probably don't even use their saws enough for it to matter all that much.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Bluetick, this thread has me wondering. Are you up in the north by Flag or central Prescott area that you actually have trees.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Ah, the age old question.
Husky or Stihl?
It's been about 20 yrs since I owned a Stihl, My Husky 372XP, is a BEAST. (sadly, in need of a re-rebuild)
My brother killed it the day after hurricane Irene, and needing Free firewood, I hit Lowes for a replacement. I had to buy the display because they were otherwise sold out. I got the 455 Rancher, and while it's a decent saw, it's not HALF the saw the XP is. The newer ones aren't as tough, or rugged as the older ones.
That said, if this deal had included a 455, I likely woulda bought another at the low price...
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bluetick, this thread has me wondering. Are you up in the north by Flag or central Prescott area that you actually have trees.

I work up on the Rim north of Payson,fire breaks,bark beetles,clearing for construction,ect.I guess the main thing would be fire prevention,you know how it is,every summer the place catches on fire.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 8:01:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for the heads up.  Just grabbed a 435.    Already a Stihl owner, but the 435 should make a nice small, handy saw and the price was right.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#48]
I think most of you die hard Stihl fans are comparing Stihl's pro saws to the Husky homeowner saws (ie this 435).  Don't get me wrong, I love Stihl; I own a Stihl blower and have cut a good amount of firewood with my dad's Stihl 026.  Yes, you do see more arborists running Stihl but I guarantee they are running Stihl pro saws which will easily be $500+.  Husqvarna pro saws don't seem to be as popular as Stihls in the US but I would probably chock it up to their marketing campaign and dealer network as opposed to them just being superior equipment.  From what I've seen, homeowner saw to homeowner saw, the Husky's are as good as or better than Stihl.  

My theory on why there are so many of these refurbs is because of the big box stores' no questions asked return policies.  People will return things just because they decide that they either don't want them or they just needed them for a single use, not because there's anything wrong with it.  Instead of throwing away a perfectly good saw, Husky probably decided to just sell them back off at a discount.  Living in the city, I decided to take advantage of this low pricing since I would be surprised if I use it more than once a year.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Around here more tree crews do use STIHLs, but maybe 60/40. Husqvarna has saws almost the equal of its main competitor (see 372xp, for example), if not equal. As I said earlier, Husqvarnas are 95% of the saw for 70% of the price of a STIHL.

As someone who uses his saw quite a bit in the fall and spring on some pretty serious stuff, Husqvarna is more than capable and always wants more. Here's me, my dad, and my brother with a 460, 555, and 359:

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#50]
I got mine yesterday, unpacked it and assembled it. I got the bar and chain oil today, fired it up, cut a few limbs into firewood, and put it up.
It looked brand new. It idles a little rough but runs great, I'll see what I can tweak.

The place I got the bar oil had the same model new for $260.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top