User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’d keep stumbling.

When important details aren’t done properly and you have to redo everything to be sure, you can save more money & piece of mind by doing it right the first time on your own.
View Quote
I was a lurker for years on this site, just jumped in the GD not too long ago. This kind of information goes a long way. I set a budget for builds (as I imagine most people do). Rather my not waste my bonus money...
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Here is what he said, I have redacted email addresses, but happy to provide to anyone.

I can tell you that the time I spent working with him it was crazy busy, but he is very honest.  I think it is one thing to say you have a problem, but another to call someone a liar.  That is not fair.

Re: I am concerned about an ARFcom post
Charlie’s []
Sent: 12:49 pm
To:
Devon:

First thanks for all your help in the last few months.

Well, I just sent him a note as well. I think we have fixed everything. We sent a little extra with his parts. Also, we gave him $150 off his next visit. Seemed like a sincere guy.

His facts are pretty close to true. Can not argue. We screwed up his bolt. We rushed to get out the door a ton of orders and we tested and cleaned his bolt and did not put it back together. We had 123 orders, I am not 100%, but I think his was the only mistake. We had a night team in getting Santa’s gifts out the door, so we could close the doors for Easter week.

We learned from that in a few ways. One is that we need better QA inspection at the end of the process. Haste makes Waste.

I think you saw this when you were here. I scan make a list of things that have worked well and things we still need to improve upon.

Shit, there are a bunch we need to do better, but integrity is not one.

The customer is wrong about us lying. We did not lie about anything.

He pointed out that he felt our listing was deceiving about the side sling. I thought it was very clear to me: it said something like sling loop was optional, click here to order. But, given his feedback, our web guy changed the format. Feedback is important. The reason we took it off initially, was we had a dozen or people say they didn’t want it, and wanted a lower price.

Devon, this guy seems like he wants the right thing. We did not fully meet expectations. I answered his email while we were away on our family break. It took a while before we were back and could send him his parts.

I think not meeting expectations (admit) and “mislead[ing] and l[ying] to customers (deny) are different. Hopefully he can correct that statement.

I still think we owe him more. It was quite an inconvenience for him. He can return the upper for a full refund, postage paid, or suggest what else we can do.

These other guys, BNW and Tigwelder, do you know them? They are talking out of their rear-end. We ordered these barrels from Colt and cost an arm and a leg. We have 349 people signed up for a barrel, and our prices are $469 to $489. Brownells sold them for $419, but are OOS. G&R has them listed for $369, but it looks like all of his Colt barrels are OOS. Arms Unlimited does not stock it, but also has lots of OOS barrels. Specialized Arms has 11.5” barrels listed for $695 to $795.

Keep up the faith. Tell those guys they all are invited to make their first purchase at $50 off. They just out in code AR15 and spend more than $149, get $50 off and free shipping. The first 20 people get the $50 off, just for AR15.com

We need 20 new customers, then, let them post a review. If we get 100 new customers, maybe we will sponsor AR15.com, like we are going to do at Snipers Hide.

Sales Team
CHARLIE’s Custom Clones
http://charliescustomclones.com
> On Apr 18, 2018, at 3:12 PM,   wrote:
>
> Hey,
>
> Do you know this guy, SCHROEDUM. He is saying you fucked him over and puting it on AR15.com
>
> https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/PSA-Charlies-Custom-Clones/5-2102608/?r=71982682&page=1&anc=71982682#i71982682
>
> Devon
View Quote
Up in this motherfucker.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Reminds me of Rafter S gun leather.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Ooooooh drama!
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
With as thin as margins are in this business and how saturated the market is, it surprises me there are still sellers that don't realize you have to freaking come correct, or get blown up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
With as thin as margins are in this business and how saturated the market is, it surprises me there are still sellers that don't realize you have to freaking come correct, or get blown up.
View Quote
Problem is you have a lot of non-gun people who see how the industry exploded and jumped on the bandwagon. I'm confident this company will go under like so many before them. Cproducts, Anvil Arms, Red Scorpion or whatever the fuck they were called.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#7]
And there certainly seems to be a fair number of incompetent people who cry “we serve the police & military” when their ineptness screws customers.

Customers deserve to know where they should—and shouldn’t spend money.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am not sure who you are or what your motivations are, but I don't think they are sincere.  I sent you a PM and instead, you reply to the broad Zuckerverse, instead of a simple question and answer, as I asked the vendor in question, and gave you specifics, and you have avoided them.  If you think you have a legitimate grievance, pls reply to my post.  The vendor, who is not a member here, has offered to speak to anyone and everyone.  I do not think that one-side assaults upon a business without the other side responding is NOT fair game.

Seriously, this entire thread has become some sort of mob or mania response to a non-issue.  I really think we / you / us are above that.  On this thread there are one or two or maybe three people who know anything first hand, and a score or so of others who have latched on, and punched the mother-fucker in the gut who cannot reply.  Take him up on his offer for the discount, and buy and see what your experience is, then report back.

I actually looked up longshot2000 posts on snipershide.com and m4carbine.com and it looks solid to me.  I saw one complaint and a response.  I forget which forum.  But, we have 1-1/2 pages of "yeah fuck him" notes and none of you have dealt with him.

Okay, last rant.  I promise.  I like this place, and many of you have pissed on me too, and I never put your cat in the micowave.

Devon
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#9]
lol
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#10]
There is some Social Justice Warrior shit going on in here.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 12:42:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I am not sure who you are or what your motivations are, but I don't think they are sincere.  I sent you a PM and instead, you reply to the broad Zuckerverse, instead of a simple question and answer, as I asked the vendor in question, and gave you specifics, and you have avoided them.  If you think you have a legitimate grievance, pls reply to my post.  The vendor, who is not a member here, has offered to speak to anyone and everyone.  I do not think that one-side assaults upon a business without the other side responding is NOT fair game.

Seriously, this entire thread has become some sort of mob or mania response to a non-issue.  I really think we / you / us are above that.  On this thread there are one or two or maybe three people who know anything first hand, and a score or so of others who have latched on, and punched the mother-fucker in the gut who cannot reply.  Take him up on his offer for the discount, and buy and see what your experience is, then report back.

I actually looked up longshot2000 posts on snipershide.com and m4carbine.com and it looks solid to me.  I saw one complaint and a response.  I forget which forum.  But, we have 1-1/2 pages of "yeah fuck him" notes and none of you have dealt with him.

Okay, last rant.  I promise.  I like this place, and many of you have pissed on me too, and I never put your cat in the micowave.

Devon
View Quote
Plenty of people here have been burned by a number of different companies over the years and the saga/script nearly always starts exactly the same way this thread/situation has.

The gun industry is full of people who are skeptical of new vendors who start having reported problems, especially when the market has slowed to where it has today.  Tell your family member to unfuck this situation (and that isn't accomplished by offering $50 off future orders for AR15 members, considering you've already stated he is swamped with orders and they'll probably end up taking forever to show up).  It'll go a lot longer of a way to making this situation go away than your emotional posts have/will.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#12]
White knighting for a fucked up company is why I don't buy SOE either. The fans are as bad as the company and that's what is happening in this thread. Either they can make it right or they can lose business.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 1:38:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Aside from OP, this tells me all I need to know.

$71 for an LW Schneider ambi safety...

Attachment Attached File

We have secured the only M110 barrels made by Obermeyer in a great many years, and will be offering these for sale, sometime in late April, 2018.

Note:  most all of the Obermeyer barrels will go to Mk11 production, as very few of the Obermeyer barrels made it to M110 production.  When production ramped-up, Knights took the barrel making in-house in 2008.

In addition to the genuine Obermeyer barrels, we will have other commercially available barrels, include from Knights Armament.  The Obermeyer barrels will be very, very limited in quantity, as will the KAC barrels.  We will have other barrels in match cut 5R rifling, buttoned 5R and 6-groove rifling, and a mix of chome-moly and stainless steel.

The barrels will be complete with M110 gas blocks and appropriate suppressor pin, and ready to accept a KAC M110 suppressor, if you desire.  The M110 barrels will be identical to the originals, with 3/4" threads, and your option of a KAC M110 flash hider or not.  The contour of the barrel is perfect and genuine to the original Obermeyer design.  They are offered with a FDE (Taupe) Cerakoting, with part of the gas block in black, as designed.

This project has been over a year in the making, and lots of time has gone into researching, design, prototyping, and testing.  Production will start in earnest in April, and will continue each month.

While we continue to hope that Mr. Obermeyer will return to work, he is currently on sick leave, and I am not sure what output we might expect in the future from Obermeyer Rifled Barrel Company.  The Obermeyer barrels we expect to sell out quite quickly, despite a relatively high price.  We expect to have around two dozen of those made, but as mentioned before, most will go to Mk11 production.  The other barrels will continue in production each quarter, so if the initial batch sells out, there will be more.  KAC barrels will also be quite rare, but will continue to get a few in from time to time.

Prices, I expect to range from $1,075 to around $2,800 per barrel, so there will be a barrel for every clone maker's budget.  I am marking the price as $1,600, but will adjust and add the variations as we get closer to production.

[color=#ff0000]Also, we will offer a bolt and barrel combo, which I highly recommend, as our barrel smiths -- who are some of the best in the business, and have built a number of the USMC sniper rifles -- will want to headspace a bolt to a barrel.  You can choose a new KAC compatible bolt for your upper, or send in your current bolt to be headspaced during our chambering process.[/color]

Look for images in the future as well.
View Quote
This is the biggest pile of shit I’ve read in a while. No guarantee on supply, but don’t go anywhere else, just wait long enough and good ole Charlie will hook you up... with an M110 barrel and bolt  that went through their clambering process? WTF? Most of their 24(hopefully) barrels will go to MK11 production? WTF?
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 1:46:59 AM EDT
[#14]
if I'm not mistaken it says there on their gunbroker ad to order from a different seller if you want fast shipping and that it can take a few weeks, and the price list includes addons like a front sling swivel
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:04:43 AM EDT
[#15]

I want to fair to Clinton, and let him air his grievance and his review. Several team members have worked with him on this matter, both by email, and over the phone, and Clinton also aired his views on a social site.

First, we did not do a good job with Clinton. Clinton had certain expectations, and we did not meet them. We were rushing, and failed to QA our final product when it went out the door. His bolt carrier lacked two parts, which were taken apart for cleaning and testing. We are family business and had scheduled two weeks of shutdown over Easter, as has often been our family custom, so in our rush to get things done and orders out the door, we missed a final inspection which would have caught such an obvious omission.

Second, We moved quickly to fix the problem. Clinton brought this to my personal attention, while out of the country, I replied to him and expressed how sorry I was and would send the correct parts when we got back to the shop. He knew that would be a few weeks. I regret that it took that long, but all of our family run team was away, and I told him that at the time.

Third, we did not deceive anyone. Clinton told us that he was surprised that this item did not come with a part he wanted. The listed language said that the part was an option, which could be purchased separately. Given customer feedback, and upon inspection, our marketing team acted to make the language more clear, and now the options are more explicitly listed. This is not a cover-up. We changed the listing format, so that other customers would not get confused.

Finally, we are very sorry to our customer, and have expressed this in private communication. We sent a small gift with his parts, and after reviewing the comments here, have decided to reply to his comments, but to let his displeasure stand, and also have offered and additional gift to him, in the hopes that he will give us a chance to re-earn his trust.

We are here to serve our customers. This Website is only 3 months old as I write this, and we are blessed with an abundance of great business, and hundreds of orders. It is our duty to make sure that every customer is served well. We failed Clinton and hope that we can learn from our errors and that Clinton can forgive us.
- Charlie's Custom Clones
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:42:27 AM EDT
[#16]
OP next time you want to drop 1300 on an upper let me know, that type of margin hasn't existed in ages.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 4:32:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't know where to get the popcorn eating emoji, so...

Link Posted: 4/19/2018 5:31:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Devon
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Devon
I’m Batman
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 6:42:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OP next time you want to drop 1300 on an upper let me know, that type of margin hasn't existed in ages.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Aside from OP, this tells me all I need to know.

$71 for an LW Schneider ambi safety...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/85104/3DA981F4-8A6F-43A2-95E4-A7EC9DD10E01-519480.JPG

This is the biggest pile of shit I’ve read in a while. No guarantee on supply, but don’t go anywhere else, just wait long enough and good ole Charlie will hook you up... with an M110 barrel and bolt  that went through their clambering process? WTF? Most of their 24(hopefully) barrels will go to MK11 production? WTF?
View Quote
Are you saying that isn’t even a colt safety?
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are you saying that isn’t even a colt safety?
View Quote
No
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Problem is you have a lot of non-gun people who see how the industry exploded and jumped on the bandwagon. I'm confident this company will go under like so many before them. Cproducts, Anvil Arms, Red Scorpion or whatever the fuck they were called.
View Quote
Anvil Arms...... Those were the days! Time to hit the range with the Anvils.  Anyone hear what happened to him after the warrant?

So many bad choices...so many bad companies....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top