Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#1]
All of you calling bullshit should go read the "options for low test" thread to see how men feel when their hormones are all fucked up.

It's science, just because you don't understand it doesn't make it a myth.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Not an issue with Mrs. Tanker or Ms. Tanker (except the youngun' gets headaches),
so I'm lucky in that aspect.

I did have an ex though, that I'd argue the point about though. Sweet as can be 75%
of the month, but come That Time™, it was Dr. Jekyll & Mrs. Hyde!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You could not be more wrong! Why won't you just listen to me? You never listen to me!!! You don't even care about me!!!

Mom? Is that you?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I've concocted a rule for Fort Smith, and it has worked well:

"There is no excuse for abuse".

If applied fairly and consistently, it leads to much happiness.  It can even cause a marked decrease in PMS symptoms for some women.  Shocking.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Some women use it as an excuse to shit on others around them and get away with it. AND, it I'm wrong, then why in the hell would we want someone who can't control themselves a few days out of each month making important decisions like in the military, business and really any leadership role? Can't have it both ways.
NOW the shitstorm will begin!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#6]
PMS is real for a lot of women.  No, that doesn't give them carte blanche to turn into raving bitches but it also wouldn't kill you to recognize that some of us may be a little more emotional and *on edge* for a few days a month.  

Hormones affect everyone differently.  Some women have excrutiatingly painful periods where they can barely get out of bed and some women don't notice anything different at all except the blood flow.  And a hysterectomy won't change the hormones if they only take the uterus (which they usually do) because hormonal changes are triggered by the ovaries which are usually left precisely so that synthetic hormone regulation isn't needed.  

Y'all can't bitch.  I've seen some hellacious meltdowns just because y'all stripped a bolt or something.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#7]
PMS and PMDD can be very very real for some women.

Some women really struggle with this.

Others, do treat it as an excuse to act rudely.

Avoid the women who are in that second group.

Be as compassionate as you can to the women in the first group....having your hormones out of whack is really not fun.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Some wimmenz do, some don't in my experience
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I know where my wife is in her cycle by her bad mood that pops up 5 days before she starts to bleed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Emasculation. I sense it........
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Do you know why they call it PMS?

Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/SemperMO/5mb0n.png

Some wimmenz do, some don't in my experience

So true.....  I know i couldnt handle it
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#13]
bullshit, its not a myth, the GF unit becomes highly aggitated with severe mood swings prior to menstruating.  I usually pick up on the early signs before she even does
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Girlfriend doesn't have mood swings or anything while she's on her period. I just got lucky.

Don't change the red part....................

BTDT

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't think it's a myth at all.  Every single girl i've dated for more than a month has had issues with their periods.

The science behind it makes sense.  Fluctuating hormones and blood loss SHOULD make you cranky.  Maybe some girls have the mental constitutions of Shaolin monks and can fight past the biology!

!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Not a myth. Not a myth at all.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#17]
PMS or not, go fix me a sandwich.  NOW!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Remember the good ol' days, when it was just called cramps?

Know what men discovered right after women discovered PMS?

ESPN.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't get me wrong, I know some women suffer immensly when PMS comes around, but when it comes to American women in particular, they can become horrendous bitches. And when not on the rag, American women can really be shallow and bitches anyways.
I've dated a few foreign girls and always wondered why they didn't become raving lunatics when the time came, compared to the American women I've dated.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Prepare My Sammich! I see now!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#21]
The moon is made out of cheese. The bigger the lie the more they will believe it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#22]
heres a new subject for mankind
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You could not be more wrong! Why won't you just listen to me? You never listen to me!!! You don't even care about me!!!

My wife had a hysterectomy three years ago and that stuff is exactly the same as it was before she had it. Women do this to get attention from American men that refuse to fall all over themselves to make them feel like Queens. Blame it on Hollywood, most women think that relationships are supposed to be like they are in movies and on television.

I think we can safely ignore this poster's opinion on the psychodynamics of PMS related behavior since he has no idea of what PMS is or at what point in the menstrual cycle it occurs.

Jane

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If by 5% you mean 100%...then yes I would agree.

Nah, my wife has 0% symptoms of PMS.  I have to wait until she tells me, or I notice that it is that time of the month.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know where my wife is in her cycle by her bad mood that pops up 5 days before she starts to bleed.

This, like clockwork.  To be fair, when called on it she agrees that it is PMS and tries to apologize to me, but I always back down strategically because there is no point when she is in that condition. Plus, she is in "extreme make baby mode" at this time.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Huh? Didja say something?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
PMS and PMDD can be very very real for some women.

Some women really struggle with this.

Others, do treat it as an excuse to act rudely.

Avoid the women who are in that second group.

Be as compassionate as you can to the women in the first group....having your hormones out of whack is really not fun.

This... is nothing but pure truth.

My wife suffered from PMDD...It was NOT FUN.  And it wasn't because she would become a "bitch."  It was because she would be OK one minute, the next minute feeling rather numb, the next minute crying her eyes out, then happy for a second, then repeat in no particular order.  She would cry herself to sleep for absolutely zero reason at all.  She didn't really take it out on me.  The most common forms of backlash would be if I happened to be a convenient outlet for frustration, other times she would get edgy and saying something as simple as "what are we doing for dinner" could easily lead to a massive blow up/irrational argument.  It didn't take long for me to learn the best way to deal with it (outlined below)

And for anyone that wants to say that hormones don't have any effect... please explain why the problems stopped when she stopped taking the pill?  (hint - the pill is nothing but a hormone)

And here's my advice for guys that may find themselves in a serious relationship with a woman with these issues:

The best way to deal with this is to learn to recognize it when it strikes.  Don't let it turn into an argument, because that will just spiral down into an uncontrollable clusterfuck that will make both of you feel worse... especially her.  Once you realize what's going on, stop, take a breath, count to ten, whatever, then say something like "look, I understand what's going on.  Let's just calm down and revisit this later."  A reasonable women will understand and this will help both of you immensely.  She cant' explain what's going on to all the people she deals with throughout the day, so in the interest of not getting fired/arrested/banned from a particular store for life she's likely managed to store it up until she gets home.  Once she's in a comfortable environment she's going to let it all out.  If you are the guy she trusts, help her by understanding the situation and letting her do a controlled vent.  DO NOT ARGUE WITH HER THIS IS LIKE THROWING A TRUCK FULL OF IMR INTO A VOLCANO.  I learned all of this the hard way, and unfortunately one of the big stumbling blocks was that she thought that guys could never understand what was going on.  It took a little while for me to figure out that if we were going to spend forever together we would have to work through this, then a little while for her to figure out that it was possible for me to "get it through my male brain" as she would put it.    

If you can't help her, or your attempts make her more combative... EJECT.  Completely different forces at play in this scenario.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That's why I spend so much time in the bunker.

GM

+1
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#29]
So, PMS is a myth, just like Bigfoot and the female orgasm? Huh, who'd a thunk it?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#30]
In

before the shitstorm
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#31]
My 15y.o. daughter last week:

1) Typical teenager attitude.
+
2) PMS.
+
3) 'roid rage...on Prednizone for a sprained knee...

A real effin' joy to be around...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#32]
No myth. Mine goes something like this:

Happy. Crying. Horny. Happy. Crying. Horny. Happy. Crying. Horny. Happy. Crying. Horny. Happy. Crying. Horny. Happy. Crying. Horny. Happy. Crying. Horny. Happy. Crying. Horny. Happy. Crying. Horny.

For about a week. No bitch phase, and two out of three ain't bad.

DP
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#33]
If you're still with your GF in twenty years, please repost with your findings.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#34]
To quote some sage advice I got: "Bitches be crazy."
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#35]
She is tricking you and waiting to unless hell when you least expect it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top