Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
CMMG is coming out with all kinds of accessories. They already have a side rail, just give em so more time

cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart=242118&cat=38&
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:04:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
CMMG is coming out with all kinds of accessories. They already have a side rail, just give em so more time

cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart=242118&cat=38&

These accessories have been out for several years. They're made by FN and sold only to Law Enforcement. It's funny how FN didn't bother to get any mags, ammo, or accessories ready for sale to civilians when the PS90 came out. The PS90 and P90 share many of the same accessories: rails, mags, ammo, etc...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:17:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is FN offering the PS90 without the reflex sight or can you at least replace it with a standard rail? I'd stick an EOTech on it.

The whole upper sight assembly can be removed and replaces with something FN calls the Triple Rail.  Best picture I have of it is an airsoft gun, but it illustrates it well.

www.endoshoji.com/img032.jpg

In this pic the original airsoft 'reflex' site is removed and replaced with the airsoft triple rail.  Ignore battery and charger.

www.d3lf.net/p90/images/tm_p902.jpg

A real P90 or even the PS90 can not be switched to triple rail varian unless you get rid of the optic and install a rail in its place. The triple rail receiver is different from a standard. To replace it you would need an entire new TR receiver. Unfortunately though the TR variant isnt for sale.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I forgot to try this earlier, but if you use the reflex sight at night, the Tritium reticule is very visible. However, as soon as you aim at a bright object like a window with an interior light, the reticule washes out. FN's promotional video makes the MC-10-80 look great: solid white day reticule, super bright night reticule, etc... Typical contractor BS.
It's almost easy to see why Houston PD and many other agencies that adopted the P90, prefer the TR or the USG sight.
In reality, it's a ghostly white day reticule and a dimly lit night reticule. Think of a red dot with a battery on its last legs at the lowest brightness setting at night. Yeah. It washes out during the day on bright objects, and washes out during the night on bright objects.

FN should have just modified the USG sight and added a tritium module AND battery lit reticule, ala Trijicon Tripower, then sold that as the standard sight.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is FN offering the PS90 without the reflex sight or can you at least replace it with a standard rail? I'd stick an EOTech on it.

The whole upper sight assembly can be removed and replaces with something FN calls the Triple Rail.  Best picture I have of it is an airsoft gun, but it illustrates it well.

www.endoshoji.com/img032.jpg

In this pic the original airsoft 'reflex' site is removed and replaced with the airsoft triple rail.  Ignore battery and charger.

www.d3lf.net/p90/images/tm_p902.jpg

A real P90 or even the PS90 can not be switched to triple rail varian unless you get rid of the optic and install a rail in its place. The triple rail receiver is different from a standard. To replace it you would need an entire new TR receiver. Unfortunately though the TR variant isnt for sale.

If I read the website correctly, CMMGs accessory rail replaces the PS90 sight perfectly. Its designed to make up for FNs fo-pa
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:02:13 AM EDT
[#7]
CMMG's rails are for flashlights/lasers only. They  attach to the side.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A cool FN P90 video. video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2953410658987613476&q=p90

I LOVED the guy weilding dual P90's at full auto... That was slick.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#9]
there is one for sale right now on gunbroker with a buy it now price of i think 2200.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:18:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A cool FN P90 video. video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2953410658987613476&q=p90

I LOVED the guy weilding dual P90's at full auto... That was slick.....

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:30:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you think the P90/PS90 is ugly, look at the STK Squad Support Weapon from Singapore (uses 5.7x28):
www.gun-world.net/old/sweden/ssw/stk001.jpg
www.gun-world.net/old/sweden/ssw/stk003.jpg
www.gun-world.net/old/sweden/ssw/stk002.jpg

I think that thing looks freaking awesome!  An OICW that might actualy work.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:39:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I haven't held one, or even seen one other than in pictures. But it looks like it would be uncomfortable as hell to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:08:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I am waiting to see what will happen with this rifle.  Will it last or will it just fade away like the BM 308?

Max
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:16:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I am waiting to see what will happen with this rifle.  Will it last or will it just fade away like the BM 308?

Max

I was thinking that as well. But, I am paying $1300.00 (as compared the crazy higher prices I see people paying here) for mine so I figured it is a chance I am willing to take. We'll see. I do not own any safe queens, they all get fired. Will I shoot the snot out of it? That depends on how it shoots, if I like it and what affordable/ reloadable ammo comes along.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:01:44 AM EDT
[#15]
The BAR10 suffered mechanical problems, IIRC. The P90 has been in use for about 10 years and FN has had enough time to improve upon the design if needed. The big Achilles heel on the PS90 is the MC-10-80 sight. Its acceptable for range use, but if you want to keep the PS90 as a SHTF weapon or something you may need to use to defend yourself, you may want to replace it with a rail and aftermarket optic. The MC-10-80 reticle washes out on bright objects during the day and night. The Secret Service uses the USG Black sight, which is about $700 if you buy it from FN. For that price you can get the FN top rail and an Aimpoint or EOTech with money to spare.
Ammo is about 35-45 cents a cartridge. Mags are about $60-$70 each.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:23:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I haven't held one, or even seen one other than in pictures. But it looks like it would be uncomfortable as hell to shoot.

It's actually not that bad. You can practice to get used to it but its not any less/more comfortable than say firing an AK or AR-15. It's not the best in ergonomics but its also not a medieval torture device.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top