BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
USNA91 -

Good and thought provoking post.

What you have is two COMPLETELY different types of action - the "kindest and friendliest" people you cousin told you about, and the other group rejoicing at our sufferring.

The only possible explanation (and a very likely one, IMHO) is that they were two entirely different groups of people.

Which is pretty much true of EVERY race. Some jerks, some good people.

What's the solution??? Tell the "good and friendly" to dissassociate themselves from the jerks, or get annihilated with them.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Garandman,

Thanks for the kind comments...

Oddly enough, my cousin lived only 15 minutes from the very place those bastards were celebrating (Ramalah). He tells me he can't believe that they have become so violent and bloodthirsty. You've got 9-year-olds firing full-auto AK-47's in the street for Christ's sake! (Lucky bastards! [:D])

Otherwise I agree with you. If you don't want to be confused for the riff-raff, don't hang out with them!

HEY DUBYA! WILL YOU LET ME PUSH THE FIRST BUTTON? [b]PLEASE?[/b]

[heavy]

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My point is that the U.S. should practice what it preaches and cease economic and military support of an oppressive occupational government in the middle east.  If we want peace, a reliable source of oil, and the safety of our sons and daughters in the armed services and innocent civilians at home, we will never achieve it by supporting Israel.  The people responsible should be made to pay, I whole-heartedly agree.  But this bloodlust for a people who have been reduced to little more than refugees in their own homeland, IMHO, is foolish and ignorant.  
View Quote

I couldn't have agreed with you more..... until I saw an two American airliners unceremoniously parked inside two skyscrapers containing about 50,000 fellow Americans (and New Yorkers, for that matter, since I grew up there).

Maybe Garandman has a point (see above), but God, I am STILL nail-spitting, flame-throwing, ass-kicking, vein-bulging [b]PISSED[/b]!

[pissed]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
WORLD_WOLF, the nazis called, they want to know why you missed the last meeting. U ARE TRULY ANTI SEMITIC, don't argue it.  
I am sure there were many Christians, Jews and Arabs killed in these incidents just because they were AMERICAN.  We would be hated even if there was no such thing as Israel or Jews.   Isn't it funny that the people that hate us the most all have lived in the US, been schooled in the US and made money in the US.  They are more successful here than in their own stinking country.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maybe Garandman has a point (see above), but God, I am STILL nail-spitting, flame-throwing, ass-kicking, vein-bulging [b]PISSED[/b]!

[pissed]
View Quote

You and me both, brother.

I keep going back and forth bewtween rage and rationality.

Part of me wants dead bodies. The other part wants to make sure that is the BEST solution.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
This is like the scene from Meatballs....

"it just doesn't matter, it just doesn't matter"

We would be hated whether or onot there was an Israel and whether or not we supported it.

We would be hated whether or not we did or didn't support Arab countries.

We would be hate if we were more involved in that region or less.

We are the leader of the free world both economically and militarily. Unless you want to get rid of the military and close all our banks it just doesn't matter.

We are the proverbial 600 lb gorilla. Those that attacked us don't like that we are that powerful. When it comes right down to it they just don't like primates, especially gorillas.

"it just doesn't matter, it just doesn't matter".
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"it just doesn't matter, it just doesn't matter"

View Quote

Right.  And by the way, who gives a shit right now.  I'd rather not debate this and focus, instead, on ridding the planet of this cancer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Because I don't want us to throw an Ally away because of some mistaken conception.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I hear ya, but they are not going anywhere, and neither are we.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Dear God this turned into a mess.

The last thing I'm going to say on this topic is this.  I get home, log into AR15.com, and all I see are topics along the lines of "We should cleanse the world of the Arabs," or "god I wish I could slit the throat of every Palestinian."  This is nuts.

So far I've been called a traitor, an anti-Semite (par for the course), ignorant, a terrorist sympathizer, a Nazi, a pig (nice to have a rabbi in the discussion), and have had the size of my manhood questioned.  Terrorists are despicable. No one is arguing that, least of all me. No one is suggesting we shouldn't hunt them down like dogs, again, least of all me.  
If/when my country needs me I will put my career on hold, leave my family, and do my duty unquestioningly to the best of my ability.  

I support neither side in the Palestinian/Israeli conflict.  I couldn't care less who owns that god-damned piece of sand. And I have no delusions about Palestinian society or cultural values. Anyone who would detonate a bomb or blow up a plane and kill innocent men, women, and children is sub-human.  Someone who would move his wife and children into the middle of a war zone and live under a government that carries out torture and summary executions isn't too far behind.  And yes, I know not everyone in the conflict fits this description.  Both sides are comprised of religious zealots, good people, evil people, pathetic people, and a whole bunch that fall somewhere in between.  

We haven't yet figured out who did it and I doubt we will have the whole story for some time.  But I'm willing to bet its not Arafat and Palestinian "officials".  They know we'd obliterate them.  They're so scared right now they're crapping themselves.  No, I bet its some small Arab extremist group sympathetic to the Palestinians.  And Saddam, and the Afghanistan government, and Iran.  And we're going to blast them to kingdom come, and rightfully so.  

But when it happens, I'm not going to celebrate.  I'm not going to because I know once we do another one will float to the surface some place in Iraq, Algeria, Iran, Libya, or wherever.  And again after we crush that one. It's not going to end here.  This isn't a war in the traditional sense.  It won't be "won" unless we create the nightmare world of George Orwell. I'm worried that's just where we're headed. We're just going to get involved deeper and deeper into the NWO, our sovereignty is going to be eroded that much more, and our rights chipped away a little faster.  I sure as hell don't want to live in a police state.  That's what's going to come of our continuing to stick our nose in other people's business at the request of wealthy and powerful interests in this country. People who are only loyal to the U.S. as long as there’s something in it for Israel.   If Jewish immigrants to Israel want to pay that price for their promised land, fine.  Let them have it.  Just don't ask me (as a civilian) for my support, don't expect me to forget the premeditated attack on the U.S.S. Liberty that ended the lives of brave Americans doing their patriotic duty, and don't call me every vile name in the book because of it.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#11]
The Palestinians cheered because all they know is that some persons unknown struck a blow at the U.S., the nation that marches in lock step with government they see as their oppressors. The government that supplies their enemies with cash and weapons. If that's the only ray of light in their pathetic little lives, let 'em cheer. It will be short lived. I think it’s pathetic, but I don't have the energy enough to hate them all for it. I hate no group or race.   My hate is reserved for the people that carried out this attack.  Now it’s personal.  But I think we as a nation should have seen this coming.  Thousands of innocent people lost their lives because we continue to get involved in other people's messes. If you want to call me an isolationist, fine, I guess I am.  That’s my honest opinion, and it sure as hell didn’t come from a KKK pamphlet as some of you seem to need to believe.

B.S.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#12]
BigShooter,once again I commend you for your words of wisdom,it seems that very few are willing to look past their personal hatreds and wish death and annihilation on others different from ourselves.Some of you that are calling others rascists and anti-semites are in the same breath preaching genocide for others,reread your posts after you simmer down a bit a see the error of your own ways before you condenm others.I'm done with this shit!I'm going to have a couple of drinks in honor of our fallen,fellow AMERICANS.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:14:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell, boyz, up until about 1962, the United States pretty much had an official religion, it was called Christianity, IIRC!

But that's pretty much over now, and my-o-my but how we have prospered and shined in the intervening period of time! We are truly blessed!

Eric The(I'mReallyHappyForUs,No,Really!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric -

I agree.

But I think the point was not about HAVING an official religion in Israel and Arab nations, but that Israel and Arabs PUNISH those who don't conform to the state religin, which we have NEVER done in an official capacity in the US. ('cept MAYBE Salem, MA. But NEVER on a national scale)

And in spite of their repressive religious environemnts, we send BOTH of them huge sums in US aid.

Same deal with China, with bith a horrendous record on  human rights and religious persecution.

View Quote

Who told you this bullshit that Israel is punishing the goyim? I am a non jew married with an Israeli woman, and I am welcomed like a son in my wife's family!!!

They didn't ask me to convert in order to get the authorization to get married!

Try to do the same if you want to get married with an Arab girl...

I don't say Israel is perfect, because none of us is, but there is an abyss of difference between the behaviour of Israel and the behaviour of its molest neighbours!

How come that Israelis, even if jewish, they can identify themselves in the western way of life and the arabs, even in the richest countryes like Saudi Arabia, we, the western people, are seen like the plague?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Right.  And by the way, who gives a shit right now.  I'd rather not debate this and focus, instead, on ridding the planet of this cancer.
View Quote

What Cancer? Terrorists? Muslims? Arabs?
Is this not exactly what "they" say? "America is the great satan."  

So what would you have us do.  If we kill just one innocent life will they not have all the justification to do this all over again?  Isn't that the justification that we are trying to use?

And to what ever idiot said we need to round up every muslim behind barbed wire.  My cousin married a lebonese girl. She's Christian, but of Arab desent. But you can't trust her loyalties right? Well I guess that goes for my cousin's three year old son too. If that's what your suggesting start right here with me. I belong behind that wire too.

-CK
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Bigshooter:

The title for this topic, "Our support of Israel is to blame for this tragedy", was very offensive and badly chosen.  It absolves the terrorists of culpability.

Your recent posts seem to indicate that "Our support of Israel is to blame for this tragedy" is not exactly what you meant to convey.  It is a bad time to be so reckless with what you say.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top