Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh, no. They'll be able to get hired. And be really hard to fire. Because of reasons.

They'll just suck at the actual job, and all the competent people around them will be quiet lest they get cancelled.

Consumers of their services who didn't used to be racist will suddenly become justifiably suspicious of the qualifications of minorities because of this actual systemic racism.
View Quote

people like that get promoted really quickly in my experience.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
my PE exam was graded on a curve.
View Quote

Quoted:
Civil ? It’s well known civil engineers can’t math
View Quote

Quoted:
civil engineering degree and civil PE.  
never actually worked as a civil engineer.  
do a decent amount of engineering type math at work but it's easy math.
View Quote

I thought you meant gym class (physical education).
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I cannot wait until this creeps into accounting. What defense will I have if my CPA passed the test on a curve?

This, thank God my FE was on a curve...passed the second time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shit, I bet they have programs that check sewer runs and pavement grades now .
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]
“Instead of focusing on one right answer, the toolkit encourages teachers to "come up with at least two answers that might solve this problem." 

WTF is the other answer to come up with for 2+2?  Can’t wait to get change in a couple years.

Your total is $16.  Pay with a $20 and get $82 change.  Because sometimes 20-16 is 4 and sometimes it’s 82.  Will employers be forced to except this “new” math?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This, thank God my FE was on a curve...passed the second time.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I don’t want to fly on a place designed and maintained by someone who subscribes to this asshattery. I don’t want to use an elevator, drive a car, or go to a hospital that has people using this kind of ridiculous math.

Seriously? We are fucked.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#10]
This is just par for the course. Let's let idiots not learn math just so they feel better about themselves.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
isn't that what the software is for?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#12]
What a bunch of utterly inane babble.

I want to know what the nuts & bolts of this proposal are; what are the actual changes going to be? You still get credit if your answer is wrong but hey at least you tried?

I mean, seriously....how can you “change” mathematics to be less racist or less capitalist? It’d be like rebuilding your car engine for the sole purpose of making it less communist. I gotta see this
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"Instead of focusing on one right answer, the toolkit encourages teachers to "come up with at least two answers that might solve this problem."

WTF is the other answer to come up with for 2+2?  Can't wait to get change in a couple years.

Your total is $16.  Pay with a $20 and get $82 change.  Because sometimes 20-16 is 4 and sometimes it's 82.  Will employers be forced to except this "new" math?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#14]
IQ is about 80% heritable.

What do you do when 13% of the population in America has, among other things, about 50% of its members with a cognitive function preventing meaningful employment?

Only 15% of that group  at or above the population mean as a whole?

Only about 2% of that group around where bright, successful people as a whole are?

About 0.3% at the average MD or engineer graduate level?

About 0.05% at the average Ph.D. in Math or Physics level?

Why,
Lowers standards, make up majors, and get rid of the most basic math requirements obviously.

Never mind how ridiculously lousy and horrible it is for the guy who actually is at one of those higher levels and crushing being surrounded by failures that look like him.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Guys this is a good thing. If they want to accept this new math than lets give it to them. The left keeps demanding 15 hour minimum wage. Well using this new math we can get there. $3 +$3 = $15.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Idiocracy is fast approaching
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#18]
This is good news for my aerospace company.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m old enough to remember when they didn’t have that shit and they relied on me being able to fix their fuckups in the field .

One guy did a brand new condo subdivision , there were eight places where the waterline crossed the storm sewer.

He went 8 for 8 ramming the sewer into the water

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#20]
"Challenge standardized test questions by getting the 'right' answer, but justify other answers by unpacking the assumptions that are made in the problem."
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Idiocracy is fast approaching
View Quote
stupids have been outbreeding smart people for a long time, brotherman.

it's inevitable.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Cool
The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so
I’ll just apply ethnomathmatics when I do my taxes.
Close enough?
Instead of owing $4000, I’ll apply enthnomathatics and come to the conclusion they owe me $4000
Or better yet, I’ll ethnoengineer that bridge to determine load rating. Close enough?
People are so weak minded. Sure it’s hard. Apply your self instead of being a woke mindless troll
I do fear for the future
Let Oregon crumble into an illiterate debt zone
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#24]
The is no such thing as "ethnomathematics".  There is only "math" and "not math".

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:30:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I need to move.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I need to move.
View Quote
yes, yes you do.  

i hear wyoming's nice.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Ya know... I went to a traditionally Black tech school for electronics. There's a lot of math involved with electronics. If someone had said that nonsense to one of my Black instructors they would have had a fight on their hands.

I mean, we could predict a 5 volt drop across a resistor, hook up the circuit, take measurements, and get a result that always matched what the math said, within the limit of accuracy of our equipment of course.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So basically just setting kids up for failure. When they get out into the real world they won't be able to get jobs.
View Quote
Guess we will need more work visas.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ya know... I went to a traditionally Black tech school for electronics. There's a lot of math involved with electronics. If someone had said that nonsense to one of them they would have had a fight on their hands.

I mean, we could predict a 5 volt drop across a resistor, hook up the circuit, take measurements, and get a result that always matched what the math said, within the limit of accuracy of our equipment of course.

View Quote
No you were just racist, sorry.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#30]
First it was about equality under the law. Then it was about "equal opportunity".

But what they've always really wanted is equality of outcomes.

"If you are smart and I am not, we'll redefine what it means to be smart"

"If you are beautiful and I am not, we'll redefine what it means to be beautiful"

"If you have wealth and I do not, we'll redefine what's yours"
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder if any of these .... educators .... would care to fly on an aircraft designed with "ethnomathematics" that does not focus on "finding the right answer"?

Clown world indeed.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false
So objective truth is objectively not true?
View Quote

This belief should not be a shock to anyone who’s been paying attention over the past decade.

“My truth......”
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Intentionally trying to make kids dumber. What could possibly go wrong?
View Quote

So here is the right white answer, and here is the 87,000 other "right" answers you'll get if you do it the woke way.

Neat.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So here is the right white answer, and here is the 87,000 other "right" answers you'll get if you do it the woke way.

Neat.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#35]
This will make my taxes so much easier.

You guys think the irs will be cool with it if I call them racist when they audit me?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This will make my taxes so much easier.

You guys think the irs will be cool with it if I call them racist when they audit me?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#37]
They can build their airplane with ethnomathematics.  I will build mine Roth plain old mathematics.  Let us see which one performs better.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
First it was about equality under the law. Then it was about "equal opportunity".

But what they've always really wanted is equality of outcomes.

"If you are smart and I am not, we'll redefine what it means to be smart"

"If you are beautiful and I am not, we'll redefine what it means to be beautiful"

"If you have wealth and I do not, we'll redefine what's yours"
View Quote
This, and it's been apparent for a long time now to anyone that's been paying attention.

But it's so blatantly obvious now that they they're not even trying to disguise it that even the average person will be forced to confront it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#40]
One little baby, two little babies, three little babies, then four.  Get those SNAP benefits and start mak'in some more.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Let’s see them balance their bank account...

Banks are recist yO!
View Quote

Lol, bank account.  Ain't nobody got time fo that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This is not just stupid, it's frightening.  China can now cut back on its military buildup, we still shortly destroy ourselves from within.

"The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) recently encouraged teachers to register for training that encourages "ethnomathematics" and argues, among other things, that White supremacy manifests itself in the focus on finding the right answer.......

The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so," the document for the "Equitable Math" toolkit reads. "Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity as well as fear of open conflict.....

It also encourages teachers to "center ethnomathematics," which includes a variety of guidelines. One of them instructs educators to "identify and challenge the ways that math is used to uphold capitalist, imperialist, and racist views."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-education-math-white-supremacy

View Quote
From here on out......Don't fly in a plane, operate a vehicle or attempt to travel to another planet where one of these students was involved in the process.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ya know... I went to a traditionally Black tech school for electronics. There's a lot of math involved with electronics. If someone had said that nonsense to one of my Black instructors they would have had a fight on their hands.

View Quote

You need to explain that to the wokelords who think black people can’t math because math is a racist wypipo construct.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Civil ? It's well known civil engineers can't math

ME with my PE here. I had a civil for a boss that couldn't comprehend the tolerances we had to hold to align pumps to motors. Couldn't wrap his head around a thousandth of an inch.

Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

ME with my PE here. I had a civil for a boss that couldn't comprehend the tolerances we had to hold to align pumps to motors. Couldn't wrap his head around a thousandth of an inch.

Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets.
View Quote
pics of boss?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#46]

No math = people who have no clue about economics. This is just as good! Right?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I read the OP.
I read the article.

No where in that stupid woke word salad did they actually explain why! SHOW YOUR WORK YOU SJW ASSHOLES!

View Quote

I don’t necessarily agree with showing your work, as long as the answer is correct.

I frustrated many a math teacher by always arriving at the correct answer through other methods.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Guess I was born too early for Ethnoengineering.  FML.
View Quote

It's a COC violation to explain the old way to describe "Ethnoengineering"!
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#49]
2+2=5
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#50]
2+2=5

Math is white supremacy and a tool of oppression.  If you think otherwise you are perpetuating systemic racism and white supremacy. The party is always right

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top