Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#1]
What's this pop and soda you speak of?  Oh....you mean cokes!  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Start exercising like a mad man and drinking lots and lots of cold water.  Also, take a daily vitamin.  In fact, why not change your eating habits at the same time.  Become obsessed with good things...exercise, healthy diet, and pleasing your wife.

Everyone has addictions.  The trick is to pick good ones and leave the bad ones alone.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
... I chewed tobacco as regularly and as long as you did

... I quit one month ago Sunday - I'm never going back

Oh, you'll be back.  The both of you!

Signed,

U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Co.
Rotting Lower Lips Since 1822
Franklin Park, IL  60131
Nashville, TN  37203

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]

I really do hope you can kick this thing.

In the mean time, here are some lovely photos of mouth cancer for inspiration:

http://www.dent.ucla.edu/ftp/pic/visitors/Tobacco/page1.html

Zen
"This is my rifle there are many like it, but this one is mine"

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:11:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sunday was the last day I am going to drink pop (or soda for you goofy folk) for a long time.

I have a bet that i can quit chewing by thanksgiving. ($100) --- been chewing for 6 years now, can a day for about 3 years.

How screwed am i???

Its "POP" where I'm from too. I quit drinking that crap several months ago. Piece of cake. I bought a few bottles of bottled water with the screw on cap. I fill them halfway with tap water and freeze them. I then pull one out of the freezer when I'm thirsty and fill it the rest of the way with tap water and drink from that. Thats enough to satisfy my thirst and its portable so i can take it with me wherever I go. I have suffered no ill affects from the lack of caffiene or sugar whatsoever.

As for the chew...get some gum. That is one disgusting habit.

Now somebody tell ME how to quit smoking!!! <--- another disgusting habit   - Nugz
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top