User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, saw that ad a week or so ago. Smelled like a trap to me, but then again so did the DIAS ad in shotgun news and we found out it actually was just a guy selling them.

Nope. Turns out the DIAS guy WAS a trap. He recently got busted for some crap he did. Look it up. The info is out there.

Oh. Never saw the update, just saw that he was busted and it was said that it was because of the sears.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, saw that ad a week or so ago. Smelled like a trap to me, but then again so did the DIAS ad in shotgun news and we found out it actually was just a guy selling them.

Nope. Turns out the DIAS guy WAS a trap. He recently got busted for some crap he did. Look it up. The info is out there.

Oh. Never saw the update, just saw that he was busted and it was said that it was because of the sears.

ATF was okay with George Dodson selling the pre-81 DIAS in Shotgun News; the problem was that a huge number of these "pre-81" DIASs were being sold which ATF determined were manufactured after 1981.

During a warrant search of his home, he was discovered in possession of eight non-DIAS machine guns and a suppressor.  In addition, there was evidence that he was manufacturing the DIASs from his apartment.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

People keep posting about this and it just makes me wonder about all the legal nuances involved with this.

The ATF has ruled that you can't keep spare suppressor parts around and that even a spare baffle is a suppressor in the eyes of the ATF.

Keeping that in mind, and knowing that the end-user can't change baffles out in their suppressor legally, I wonder about this.

A - If you want to change the oil in your car and you are in possession of the registered adapter, it would appear that you're now in violation of the law because you have a separate baffle aka big no-no.

B - They're likely trying to sell this as a modular can, but the only way these things can be swapped out is if you send the registered adapter to them and request that they change out the oil filter for you.  

Nice idea, but our stupid regs shit all over it.

You sure about A and B?

Yes.
actually, you could probably count every car you have that has a screw on oil filter in that..

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top