Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Miss Magnum is an extremely intriguing individual.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Hangfire,

Up Yours!!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh for heavens sake!when are you and others who think like you understand that blacks commit more crimes per capita because....drumroll...MORE BLACKS ARE POOR!
View Quote

This may be a contributing factor, BUT --  the crimes that the blacks commit are generally very savage and VERY VIOLENT in nature.  They seem to thrive on the violence and intimidation vs. the profit that might be derived by the crimes committed.  

Did the Irish and Italian immigrants do "Drive-by Shootings"?   Did they gang rape white girls and beat them nearly to death because of the color of their skin?  (the central park jogger was a friend of the family)

Did the majority of the "poor" caucasian immigrants to this country own crack houses?

Etc....  Etc....  Etc....

I again reiterate --  not all Blacks are animals, just the majority.  I do not hold this against decent, hardworking, conservative black folk.

BTW:
Hail to Mc-o0o who has the guts to speak what we ALL KNOW!  

Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I forgot to add the following:

MOST caucasian and hispanic immigrants SOUGHT WORK AND SOUGHT TO BETTER THEMSELVES once in this country.  

The blacks have been here for hundred of years and they have remained poor and uneducated.  The last few generations have learned to prey on the hard working white people in order to satisfy their hunger for violence.

The blacks have been offered free education, free food, free housing, etc...  but still remain at the bottom.  (There ARE a few notable exceptions)

There are tremendous opportunities afforded to "people of color" yet they still fail at most endeavors to better themselves.  

There is a total lack of values and family cohesion in the black community and it is perpetuated by the welfare and other perquisites that we constantly dole out.

Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh for heavens sake!when are you and others who think like you understand that blacks commit more crimes per capita because....drumroll...MORE BLACKS ARE POOR!
View Quote

So that make viloent crime allright?  BTW, I am in graduate school now and my wife works in a factory.  I live in a county where 33% of the population is at or below the poverty line.  I am only slightly above it.  We have almost NO violent crime at all in this county.  Whithin five years there has been two murders.  Another interesting tid-bit, the population percentages run around ...drum roll please...97% white, 3% minority.  Why then arn't there more crimes in my county?  
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oh for heavens sake!when are you and others who think like you understand that blacks commit more crimes per capita because....drumroll...MORE BLACKS ARE POOR!It
View Quote

That is the most flawed logic out there.
However being "poor" connotates with picking up a gun and shooting someone I will never understand.
I was poor, and I lived amongst them (For AR15.com newbies, I have explained the story a billion times in the past, so just accept that you are left out)
and they were the O_N_L_Y ones doing horrible things.
People who allow them being "poor" as an excuse for thier crimes are perpatrating thier behavior.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is the root of the problem.
View Quote

The root of the problem is a lack of morals.  The people on welfare have to live an inmoral lifestyle to keep receiveing benifits.  If they get married, they lose benifits.  If they give a child up for adoption, they lose benifits.

Morality has nothing to do with income and addresses.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Not once did I state or emply that blacks commit the most crime based on genitics.  I just stated the fact that they DO commit the most crime and committing a crime is an issue of morality and not income or enviroment.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
mtnpatriot and oOo,
I did not say being poor justifies crime,just made a connection between blacks and higher proportion of crimes and specifically said IT IS NOT GENETIC.
View Quote

No, you did not say being poor justifies crime, but you did use it as an excuse for blacks behavior.
You said "Blacks commit a higher proportion of crimes pecause they are....drumroll....poor.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#17]
There is no justification for self-improvement in a welfare home. Why improve yourself when the govt. will take money away from your improvements to give to your neighbors?  

The lack of morals in black, white, indian reservations, and other gehttos prohibits the end of welfare.  Morals will not imporve until welfare is removed and people have to support themselves legally, morally, and ethically.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I agree that welfare is a major problem but it is not the only reason.  And I stand firm in my opinion that the black population as a whole is less moral than the white population.  The fact that blacks commit the majority of crimes support this argument.  I do not know why the black population would have fewer morals than the white population but I do know that income levels do not play into the equation.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No,you missed a very important word...."Blacks commit a higher proportion of crime because [b]MORE [/b] blacks are poor".
Remember the analogy to where more money is stolen from........... PER ROBBERY?
View Quote

Your trying to argue semantics here.

I'll quote you directly this time.

"Blacks commit a higher proportion of crime because more blacks are poor"

So, please explain.

How does lack of $$$ equate to picking up a gun and shooting someone>?
and... if it isn't a genetic thing, [red]why are blacks more inclined to be poor,[/red] no matter where they live?
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I think the problem with most blacks is genetic. Blacks are meant to live in the wild like animals and hunt for their food. God gave them all the qualities needed for this.

Blacks in civilized society are similar to domesticated cats. Most of the time your cat is a loving pet but once you let it outside the animal inside comes out and it hunts and kills for the sake of killing. Blacks have been removed from the wild of Africa but the Wild of Africa is still inside them and sometimes it comes out.

Sorry but I don't hate blacks, I just fucking hate niggers. I, my best friend, brother, any other people I know have been physically attacked by blacks for no apparent reason.

Life in public school taught me you never make eye contact with a black just as you wouldn't stare at a doberman.

I shouldn't read this board, its bringing back bad memories.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the root of the problem.
View Quote

The root of the problem is a lack of morals.  The people on welfare have to live an inmoral lifestyle to keep receiveing benifits.  If they get married, they lose benifits.  If they give a child up for adoption, they lose benifits.
Morality has nothing to do with income and addresses.  
View Quote

Bingo! Futhermore, the liberal democrats are the people who threw the man/father out of the
home and now the Fed/state is the man/father.
Welfare is SLAVERY.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hangfire, Up Yours!!!!
View Quote

PROFOUND Sniper, I accept your surrender.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was in a bad mood last night, but a bit on the forgiving side since I was so on edge.

As for the hate comments, I cant tell you how to think or feel, I'm not here to moderate your "thoughts," but if you say black, white, Hispanic, or whatever you wont get banned.

It still is a bit disappointing to see so much anger towards a group of people when every group is just as bad as the next.

-- GB
View Quote

I think my original question exactly was:

Seriously though, I do resent all the comments about being a klansman if you feel differently about a race issue. Not joking. I find those type of statements racially generalized and quite offensive. Will you be editing those?

This is to say that if I were to state that blacks exceed proportion  in racially motivated violent crimes per capita, yet have an unproportionate conviction rate to whites commiting the same types of crimes and someone called me a klansman for stating this, I would be offended by this racially blanketed statement that all whites who do not cower before minorities are "trailer trash klansmen who wear sheets on their head". This does not mean I am "racist, just that my opinion differs from yours assuming this is still allowed.
I do not nor have I ever worn a sheet on my head. I am not nor will I ever be a member of the federation knights of the ku klux klan.
I do not live in a trailer, but I see nothing wrong with those who opt to live in such housing. I find this to be RACIALLY OFFENSIVE and a blanket statement steryoyping whites who hold different beliefs or have been raised in the south. Will you be editing such posts for racist content in the future or is this issue a one way street?
If we must have "equal" protection from emotionally harmful racial slurs than I emplore you to moderate this fairly and equally for all people including us mean oppressive white folk who are 24 and never owned a slave or mistreated any african american folks. I thank you for your understanding of this seemingly simple and logical request.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 2:17:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think my original question exactly was:

Seriously though, I do resent all the comments about being a klansman if you feel differently about a race issue. Not joking. I find those type of statements racially generalized and quite offensive. Will you be editing those?

This is to say that if I were to state that blacks exceed proportion  in racially motivated violent crimes per capita, yet have an unproportionate conviction rate to whites commiting the same types of crimes and someone called me a klansman for stating this, I would be offended by this racially blanketed statement that all whites who do not cower before minorities are "trailer trash klansmen who wear sheets on their head". This does not mean I am "racist, just that my opinion differs from yours assuming this is still allowed.
I do not nor have I ever worn a sheet on my head. I am not nor will I ever be a member of the federation knights of the ku klux klan.
I do not live in a trailer, but I see nothing wrong with those who opt to live in such housing. I find this to be RACIALLY OFFENSIVE and a blanket statement steryoyping whites who hold different beliefs or have been raised in the south. Will you be editing such posts for racist content in the future or is this issue a one way street?
If we must have "equal" protection from emotionally harmful racial slurs than I emplore you to moderate this fairly and equally for all people including us mean oppressive white folk who are 24 and never owned a slave or mistreated any african american folks. I thank you for your understanding of this seemingly simple and logical request.
View Quote

He definitely has a valid point.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 4:22:40 AM EDT
[#26]
The crime problem with blacks and foreigners also run rampant here. My country thinks that giving asylum is a christian virtue, and these people profiting from that virtue land up in jail far more often than Swiss citizens. It's especially bad with the folks from the Balkans that are our main source of problems, together with black drug dealers.

Certainly, there are decent blacks or folks from the Balkans in Switzerland, but the average one will immediately seize an advantage, be it legally or not. With blacks, the main problem is drug dealing.

And more often than not, scum duly convicted in court gets to stay in our country. Actually, everybody who deals with drugs should get executed in public, and then, if he has relatives/family in the country, send them back to their own country immediately, without due process. Maybe, if they see what happens to their family in their home country, they will not break our laws.

I think race is part of the problem. Asians rarely make trouble over here. Why. The question has never been answered completely, at least by the liberal media.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 5:45:50 AM EDT
[#27]
My family came to the U.S. from Europe, they were poor and didnt speak ANY english.  What did they do?  They learned the language, got jobs (my father had 3 at one time) and are now living comfortably in retirement.  They never had a SINGLE HAND OUT and they did not resort to crime in any form.  Why can't a people who live here, get most things for free, free education and speak english do the same?  Why not???????  

Poverty has nothing to do with it.  It is MORAL values and knowing (and caring) for what is right and what is wrong.  It is MOTIVATION to be better.  

IF YOU WANT TO BE ON THE WINNING TEAM, LEARN TO F*%#ING PLAY BALL!!!! And stop bitching!
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
. Asians rarely make trouble over here. Why. The question has never been answered completely, at least by the liberal media.
View Quote

Kitties have been "dissappearing" at an alarming rate.

[}:D]

Just a weak attempt at a little levity, in an otherwise fairly disturbing thread.

I hope the ANTIS don't get ahold ahold of this thread, and use it as justification to ban MY guns.

FWIW, a GOOD friend of mine was gang beaten by five blacks, receiving cracked ribs and a concussion, along with countless cuts and bruises. His "crime"??? having "next game" at a local basketball court.

I watched, frozen in horrfied disbelief. I had never seen such an animalistic act of hatred by a human being. NEVER.

Why did it happen?? Because of the complete and total lack of charachter  of those individuals, NOT because of the color of their skin. It short, SINfulness. Theirs, and that of a culture that has PROGRAMMED them to think they are now justified in beating white people near to death, because their OWN ancestors sold their distant ancestors into slavery starting some 400 years ago.

Its a SICK world we live in. ONLY Jesus Christ has the cure.

Link Posted: 6/4/2001 7:58:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I watched, frozen in horrfied disbelief. I had never seen such an animalistic act of hatred by a human being. NEVER.

View Quote

The only "Sin" I see here is the fact that you watched while your friend got beaten.  You should have gone to his aid and clobbered those [b]people[/b].

Preach to us about how you didn't have the sack to go and help your friend against a bunch of savage [b]idiots,punks,thugs,etc.[/b].

I think if you check back in this thread GoatBoy made a statement about the baboon thing.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I think its funny but lets talk about ignorance. it seems that every time I get into a discussion with a black person they love to call me Ignorant... If I'm in uniform or a side arm is visible on my belt its yes sir no sir. but if I'm not in uniform and my side arm is concealed the same people will say things like F#$K you and what are you going to do shoot me? Ignorance.
when I was younger I wasn't racist. now a person does have to earn my trust and respect and my first impression is based on color, style of dress and mannerisms. plus in speech... hey my n----a sail me a kite and tell me whaz crackin= no respect....
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#31]
I have been oppressed by the man for 3 generations.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
I have been oppressed by the man for 3 generations.
View Quote

And I'm going to keep oppressing you for ANOTHER 3 generations!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Miss Magnum:
Quoted:
I was a phone call away from rounding up 10 of my white buddies, and putting the first negro we ran across in a god damn coma.
View Quote

My question is, why perpetuate hate?  Even if we accepted your view as gospel, there would be black people who were anomalies to your theory... decent, law-abiding, productive, black members of society.

What if the first black person you ran across was one of those aberrations to your ideology?  

I would even have gone so far as to understand  why you would track down one of the actual kids that was involved.... but vigilante acts rarely achieve their intended goal.  
View Quote

That's akin to saying "Why hate the entire ATF because of the acts of Lon Horiucchi (The sniper who killed Randy Weavers unarmed wife)

Why kill Vietnamese soldiers whop may be good people because of 1 man, Ho-Chi-Mihn-

Why shoot that 18 year old Nazi because Hitler is a bad man...

Fact is, when you are born, you belong to a club.
It's called your "race"- Whether you like it or not, human nature dictates that we stick to our own kind.
This is why little "De-segragation" plans have never worked.
White people don't want a bunch of "neggro's" living next to them, and Negro's don't want to live amongst a bunch of stuffed-shirt crackers.

Point is, if I had gone and done it, it would have been vengance for my "race"- Not for the kid.
View Quote

Well, slick, I'm a member of your "race" and I don't want your "help".  I don't hate all members of the BATF because of the actions of Lon Horiuchi. (Edited because someone accurately pointed out that Horiuchi was a member of the FBI HRT, not BATF - Should I mindlessly hate all members of the FBI too?)  I don't hate all members of the BATF - some of them, I am sure, are pretty decent people.  It's the leadership I despise.

U.S. soldiers killed Vietnamese because we were in a war, declared or not.  We're not now, so you'll find your a** in big trouble if you go on a killing spree in that community now.

Same for current 18 year-old Nazi's.  Killing them is legally verboten. Hate them, yes.  Kill them, no.

You advocate 10-on-one beating of a person simply because he's a member of the same race of a group who did something heinous?  This is logical to you?  Sorry, bud, but if I came upon ten people beating the hell out of anyone, regardless of the races involved, they'd be discussing their reasoning with my .45.  I have a gun to protect myself, my family, and my community.  People who can do that kind of thing are a threat to my community.

Justice is for EVERYONE.  You chuck that out the window and America becomes Beirut.  You may want to live there, but I don't.  Mindless violence isn't justice, it's [i]the problem[/i].

You want to talk about segregation?  I'd much rather have Ms. Magnum for a neighbor than you.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:38:14 AM EDT
[#35]
As an American of Cuban descent, I for one am extremely embarassed at how thin-skinned my fellow Hispanics have seemingly become.

Not much else to say, really. The story speaks for itself.....

Viva Cuba Libre...

-BK
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The only "Sin" I see here is the fact that you watched while your friend got beaten.  You should have gone to his aid and clobbered those [b]people[/b].

Preach to us about how you didn't have the sack to go and help your friend against a bunch of savage [b]idiots,punks,thugs,etc.[/b].

View Quote

Well, ******he *****doesn't share your low opinion of me. Since that time, when we were good friends, he has since become my BEST friend.

Tell ya what - why don't you pray for me that I would become the MAN  that you are, ALWAYS reacting PERFECTLY to every situation you encounter. It was over in all of five seconds. Then the little pukes ran away like the little cowards they are.

don't you think I've beat myself up over my own reaction?? Don't you think I wished I'd reacted differently in the FIVE SECONDS I had to decide WHAT TO DO??

Unforutnately, we can't all be the MAN that you are. I suppose you've never frozen in a moment of horror, not even for five seconds.

Since you are able to see my "sin" I'm sure you'll be sure to pray for me that I learn how to react in anger and violence IN THE SAME FASHION that those who assaulted my friend did.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fact is, when you are born, you belong to a club.
It's called your "race"- Whether you like it or not, human nature dictates that we stick to our own kind.
This is why little "De-segragation" plans have never worked.
White people don't want a bunch of "neggro's" living next to them, and Negro's don't want to live amongst a bunch of stuffed-shirt crackers.

Point is, if I had gone and done it, it would have been vengance for my "race"- Not for the kid.
View Quote

This is a depressing discussion... and a very Old World view of human beings.

In some parts of the Old World, you are not considered an individual human being, responsible for your own actions.  You are forever a member of your "group" - a nationality, ethnicity, language group, race, whatever, and your actions will be always interpreted as representative of your own group.  Conversely, you will be judged by the perceptions and stereotypes of your group, even if you never fit them in any way.

The American ethic is diametrically opposite.  I can acknowledge that African Americans and other groups do exhibit higher rates of crime and other negative behavior, [b]without extending that to every individual of the African American race[/b].  This is an important distinction that some people just never get.

To the good people who have had bad experiences with African Americans... my wife is of Asian descent and she was once assaulted and beaten up by a gang of white kids, for racial motives.  This did not cause her to hate whites; she focused her anger on the individuals, tracked them down, and got them arrested, testified against them and actually sent some of them to prison.  She [b]did not[/b] blame the white race for her trauma, and most of her friends have been and remain white people.  Perhaps this is something that we can learn, no?

Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Following this unsolicited personal attack, I'm left to wondering if this is the SAME "glockcop" that I defended after some on the board said they were GLAD he got knifed.

[:/]

Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The blacks have been here for hundred of years and they have remained poor and uneducated.  The last few generations have learned to prey on the hard working white people in order to satisfy their hunger for violence.

The blacks have been offered free education, free food, free housing, etc...  but still remain at the bottom.  (There ARE a few notable exceptions)

There are tremendous opportunities afforded to "people of color" yet they still fail at most endeavors to better themselves.  

There is a total lack of values and family cohesion in the black community and it is perpetuated by the welfare and other perquisites that we constantly dole out.

View Quote

Very good point to discuss.
Now you are getting into what could become an extremely interesting debate....if we can keep it civil.This is the root of the problem.
Solve that problem and you could eliminate a lot of crime and poverty in that sector.
View Quote

You guys are very intersting. Thanks Ed for trying to keeping it civil. Blacks have been here for hundreds of years and are poor and uneducated. Do you guys remember blacks were beaten or killed when they tried to learn to read? Blacks were the only race treated like this.
 You guys choose not to remember blacks had to be escorted to school in the 60's and blacks could not vote until the 60's. You guys chose to think blacks have been free to do whatever they want for hundreds of years.

Have any other race gone through this?

It is easy to tell some of you guys hatred. A black and a hispanic committed the crime and the only person you guys are talking about is the black guy. I find this quite interesting.

Think about this. You guys don't date a woman who has been hurt by other guys because of the potential emotional problems you may face. Blacks have been through much hurt in this country.

Many blacks know or feel that no matter what we do we will be hated. It seems evident in some of the talk of the guys here and other boards.

Now, as far as education and prosperity in America for blacks in the last 40 years we have made progress. We have become doctors, lawyer, engineers, and others. Forty years ago we were not allowed to become any of the previously mentioned. We have work to be done, healing needs to be done, and love needs to be in place. Yes, because some black people even hate black people. That is why most of the violent crimes commited by blacks are on blacks (not whites). Hate is one thing we have been taught and exposed to for hundreds of years in America. Is it surprising that some of us know how to give it back?
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#40]
I live in an apt with 6 other house holds 2 are white and 4 are black 1 whita and 2 black are scum bags 1 white and 2 black are the best neighbors i ever had. looks 50/50
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Please Pray For Garandman to GET SOME BALLS!

BTW:  ". I don't hate all members of the BATF because of the actions of Lon Horiuchi."  

Horiuchi is NOT w/ the BATF.  He is/was with the FBI HRT.

Dude.. you keep preaching and preaching but would I stand by and pray while ANY friend of mine was being attacked???  

_N_O_T_!

Just because you are a devout Christian, you do not have to be a big pussy.  God was probably watching you that day and wondering exactly where he went wrong.  (he forgot to fill the sack with nuts)

Just my .02

Have a nice day.

Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Please Pray For Garandman to GET SOME BALLS!

Dude.. you keep preaching and preaching but would I stand by and pray while ANY friend of mine was being attacked???  

_N_O_T_!

Just because you are a devout Christian, you do not have to be a big pussy.  God was probably watching you that day and wondering exactly where he went wrong.  (he forgot to fill the sack with nuts)

Just my .02

Have a nice day.

View Quote

I was not praying WHILE he was getting beaten up. The assault took all of five seconds - and then the perps  were gone.

Its apparent this is payback for some Biblical stands I've taken. Like you guys can even the score by doubting my manhood, and attacking my integrity as a man, and a human being. That's fine. It says more about you thatn it does me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Following this unsolicited personal attack, I'm left to wondering if this is the SAME "glockcop" that I defended after some on the board said they were GLAD he got knifed.

[:/]

View Quote

I won't judge you for your inaction, you have to live with it. In the future though if you see anything like that go down just tell yourself "jump in, jump in". I have been in many scenarios such as that and I always jump in and do what I can, sometimes I take a beating with my friend, sometimes I make all the difference in the world. The thing is I never regret jumping to the aid of a friend or an innocent victim even if I do take a beating. It sure beats the "I should have done something" feeling. The problem is that most people do not have the mindset to react quickly to events such as what you encountered, which can be changed with the proper training. I always see potential threats "example: group of thugs converging towards friend" and ready myself for action by getting into position and going into the proper mindset "clobbering time". In effect I am always ready and a heartbeat away from going into clobbering time because that's how I was conditioned by the USMC. Strange thing is that when I do jump into these scenarios it feels like an out-of-body experience and I am just watching myself fly across the parking lot and going into a flying sidekick connecting with the back of some guys head before he nails my friend with that beer bottle. I can't even seem to control it anymore, I see and I react.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#44]
AK_AR_MAN,

the black man wasnt the only to be beaten.  What about the Irish in the early 1900's?  What about the racist views the Angl-Saxon (founding father types) had of the Italians, of Jews, etc., etc.?  I could go on mentioning more and more groups who have been discriminated agains (yes, white against white!) but these people PREVAILED!!!!   They are now, in many cases, socially above the Anglo-Saxons who abused them in the past 100 years or so.

OPEN YOUR EYES!!

People can be whatever the hell  they want.  IF THEY ARE LAZY, SATISFIED WITH THE STATUS QUO, THEY WILL STAY THAT WAY.

End of story.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Bobby Vincent:

I won't judge you for your inaction, you have to live with it. In the future though if you see anything like that go down just tell yourself "jump in, jump in".

The problem is that most people do not have the mindset to react quickly to events such as what you encountered, which can be changed with the proper training.
View Quote

I was early twenties at the time. Hadn't EVER been in a fist fight - still haven't. I've always been of the mindset that logic can usually win the day over violence.

Since that time, I've modified my views to incorporate the FACT that you can't reason with some people (glockcop and RBAD come to mind  [:D]  ) Now, I carry a concealed weapon, and I try to be constantly conscious of my surroundings.

More to the point, in the situation I described, there was NO TIME to tell myself to jump in - any more than there was time for JFK to get out of the way, or for his Secret Service personnel to "jump in." That's why I take offense to these cowboys proclaiming their manhood, saying they would react perfectly.

Sheesh.

But I do appreciate YOUR more reasoned, LESS testosterone-saturated post.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Mr Spock:
AK_AR_MAN,

the black man wasnt the only to be beaten.  What about the Irish in the early 1900's?  What about the racist views the Angl-Saxon (founding father types) had of the Italians, of Jews, etc., etc.?  I could go on mentioning more and more groups who have been discriminated agains (yes, white against white!) but these people PREVAILED!!!!   They are now, in many cases, socially above the Anglo-Saxons who abused them in the past 100 years or so.
View Quote

While I don't entirely disagree with you, I think you missed partily the point made by [b]ak_ar_man[/b], and that was:

[b]Quoted:[/b]
Do you guys remember blacks were beaten or killed when they tried to learn to read? Blacks were the only race treated like this.
You guys choose not to remember blacks had to be escorted to school in the 60's and blacks could not vote until the 60's. You guys chose to think blacks have been free to do whatever they want for hundreds of years.

Have any other race gone through this?
View Quote

Yes, these other groups had problems but to what extent? Where they persecuted to the SAME extent? They were allowed many things which, in the past, would have resulted in acts of violence towards blacks.

[b]Originally posted by Mr Spock[/b]
OPEN YOUR EYES!!

People can be whatever the hell  they want.  IF THEY ARE LAZY, SATISFIED WITH THE STATUS QUO, THEY WILL STAY THAT WAY.

End of story.
View Quote

....and yes, this is ENTIRELY true and WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree!

[b]Originally posted by ckapsl[/b]

This is a depressing discussion... and a very Old World view of human beings.

In some parts of the Old World, you are not considered an individual human being, responsible for your own actions. You are forever a member of your "group" - a nationality, ethnicity, language group, race, whatever, and your actions will be always interpreted as representative of your own group. Conversely, you will be judged by the perceptions and stereotypes of your group, even if you never fit them in any way.

The American ethic is diametrically opposite. I can acknowledge that African Americans and other groups do exhibit higher rates of crime and other negative behavior, without extending that to every individual of the African American race. This is an important distinction that some people just never get.

To the good people who have had bad experiences with African Americans... my wife is of Asian descent and she was once assaulted and beaten up by a gang of white kids, for racial motives. This did not cause her to hate whites; she focused her anger on the individuals, tracked them down, and got them arrested, testified against them and actually sent some of them to prison. She did not blame the white race for her trauma, and most of her friends have been and remain white people. Perhaps this is something that we can learn, no?
View Quote

I feel the same way, the SAME "old world" discussions...

CRIMINALS are CRIMINALS, MORONS are MORONS. They are WHAT they are, irrespective of race. It detracts from the validity of the point to use words which traditionally were [still are] of a nature which is *solely* insulting on the [i]basis of race[/i]. That was the [b]sole[/b] intent of some of the words used prior in this discussion.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Since this thread has gotten beyond a lot of the racial stuff, I think I will join in.
I grew up in PG county, MD, right outside of DC.  I was a minority in this area, and have seen a lot of the black vs black, black vs white, and white vs black issues first hand.  The two factors I feel contribute the most toward a lot of the race relation problem are the welfare system, and the whole, "I am different." attitude.
Welfare, well, I have my own ideas where that program needs to go, but that is beyond  my to deal with.
"I am different."  I can remember my father telling me stories of dating girls while he was in high school, and going home to meet their folks.  Grandma and grandpa spoke no English, mom and dad spoke both English and their native language, and the daughter spoke mainly English.  Ask her what her nationality was, and she would reply, "American," because she was born here.  
If you constantly tell the world you are different from everyone else, you will be treated differently.  It is almost that simple.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I think race is part of the problem. Asians rarely make trouble over here. Why. The question has never been answered completely, at least by the liberal media.
View Quote

I'm half asian and a first generation immigrant from South Korea. I came over when I was 6 years old with my mother, my dad died in Nam. I remember seeing the statue of liberty as we approached New York and it was a wonderful sight and gave us the hope of a better life. Both us spoke english, better than some americans I might add. We both learned what was needed to become citizens and took our oaths to this republic. We wanted to be here and like most Koreans, we worked very hard to get the finer things in life. Koreans are very big in the work ethic, we know we have to work for what we want and we'll work damn harder than most people to get it. We did not expect anything from our government and never held our hand out as we were too proud to ask for anything. That was 30 years ago. I see koreans immigrating to this day and what really helps them are other koreans. Koreans help each other out and even provide financial services (loans) to new korean immigrants that they would not get from banks. But most of all, koreans are more than willing to work hard, they do not want welfare, they don't want a handout, they realize this is the country of opportunity and are grateful to be here. The problem with some blacks is that their ancestors were forced into this country by slavery and now they think we owe them something because of it. New black immigrants don't seem to have this problem because they chose to come here and know this is a better place than what they left.
Don't get me wrong, I know some white & hispanic people that feel the same way "country owes them something". This country doesn't owe you shit, don't like it, get the hell out. You want nice stuff, work for it like my family did. Stop having babies you can't afford to raise, work two or three jobs if you have to, go to night school, better yourself and stop waiting for the damn welfare check. I've never even collected unemployment because I won't take a dollar that I haven't worked for, besides I've only been unemployed for maybe a month since I've been 18. I work my ass off and I'm living the american dream, so can you if you work as hard as me.

Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Alphajaguars and Bobby Vincent,

I think both of you are correct in you accessments. I believe these are some of the MAJOR causes of the problems today.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top