Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Dog: Waiting for me at that spot so he’ll be the first to see me when I get home from work. Jump and bounce around at the back door frantically till I let him in. Bum rush me soon as I open the door (sometimes I’m tired and don't want that much attention). DEMAND my undivided attention. Be so excited to see me that you bump and knock over everything not nailed down around you.

Cat: Happen to glance over in time to catch me walking in the door from work. From his favorite spot, give a subtle nod saying “Hey, welcome home. Have a seat and make yourself comfortable. I’ll come see you if I want any attention.”

One thing that pisses me off about cats. You cat people will empathize here. Your cat raises hell wanting to go outside so you get up from you comfortable chair, walk across the room to open the door for the little shit, and the cat makes half way out the door and stops half in and half out and glances up at you as to say “you know, let me think about this and be sure I want to go outside b4 I commit to actually going outside. You just wait there till I make my decision.”  At this point you boot the cat’s ass outside.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Dog: Waiting for me at that spot so he’ll be the first to see me when I get home from work. Jump and bounce around at the back door frantically till I let him in. Bum rush me soon as I open the door (sometimes I’m tired and don't want that much attention). DEMAND my undivided attention. Be so excited to see me that you bump and knock over everything not nailed down around you.

Cat: Happen to glance over in time to catch me walking in the door from work. From his favorite spot, give a subtle nod saying “Hey, welcome home. Have a seat and make yourself comfortable. I’ll come see you if I want any attention.”

One thing that pisses me off about cats. You cat people will empathize here. Your cat raises hell wanting to go outside so you get up from you comfortable chair, walk across the room to open the door for the little shit, and the cat makes half way out the door and stops half in and half out and glances up at you as to say “you know, let me think about this and be sure I want to go outside b4 I commit to actually going outside. You just wait there till I make my decision.”  At this point you boot the cat’s ass outside.

And if its wintertime you smile. My ex-wife's cat did that almost everytime she wanted out. Used to
annoy the hell out of me but I got used to it and just smiled as my foot pushed her butt out. I think she learned not to ask out unless she really wanted out, most of the time anyway lol.

At first I wasn't a cat person either but they grow on you. What made it really fun was my wife's old tabby cat was used to being the only cat in the house and her reign was supreme. Then we got a female maine coon kitten, that is very feisty and playful. So every day their wrestling and the kitten is setting up ambushes around every corner. The old tabby tried to hide and stay out of the way but no place was safe, war day and night till they settled into a routine of daily skirmishes and ambushes. Kind of like having your own african lion safari in the living room everyday, just on a minuature version And the old tabby is now getting more exercise and may finally lose weight lol.

Sorry to hear about your bird thou, it probably had a heart attack so hopefully it was quick.

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I say you find your nearest Chinese restaurant and make a few bucks.

dude, that is so stereotypical of you, it's Korean restaurants

No, you take dogs to a Korean restraunt and cats to Chinese restraunts.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I generally don't mind cats, but get it spayed/neutered and keep it in the house.  They will have a longer, healthier life span if you do.....

My neighborhood is rife with feral cats.  I imagine it started with just a couple, and now you literally can't drive down the street without seeing a cat.  My dog has killed 7 of them, in my yard, over the past 4 or so years,  a fact of which I'm not proud nor happy about.  I sure don't want to pay vet bills or have her disfigured etc.,because of wild cats.  I've been lucky so far.  I've trapped about the same amount, give or take.  But any cat I trap goes to the pound.  They've all been scary-wild so far, but if it's a neighbor's cat so be it.  

D-ya
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#5]
We got a female kitten and had her spayed.

I felt the same way you do when I was "informed" we were getting a cat. I hated them.

Our cat is GREAT with our kids. When they are outside, 90% of the time she is right there with them watching them.

Other than that, what does she do??

She is a STONE COLD KILLER, period!

this summer, she dug up and killed so many moles on our place you couldn't walk in the yard without smelling rotten flesh. I am serious. I knew we had moles but i had no idea it was that bad. Mice are a total joy for her, and rabbits and squirrels better look out. She especially likes rabbit heads!
She is busy right now killing large flying insects outside my office window. the light from it attratcs them and she kills them ALL. No more big bugs flying in the house. Although the front porch rattling and shaking can be quite unnerving at times.

I HATE male cats. they pee on everything and roam.

Hope this helps.

GR
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top