User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The prices were kinda mind blowing. Also, my girl friend was surprised to find Mexican food in Oklahoma is no bueno!
View Quote

I agree there were a lot of high prices on high end products, but there was still some nice scores I saw by friends and myself.

And there is some great mexican food in Tulsa, but nothing you will find without help.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 1:35:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:  The prices were kinda mind blowing. Also, my girl friend was surprised to find Mexican food in Oklahoma is no bueno!
View Quote

I drove 50 miles tonight for some good Mexican food w/ @BPGuy - I think you'll have a hard time finding it in Tulsa.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
ND at the show….no immediate screaming, so everyone went back to what they were doing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ND at the show….no immediate screaming, so everyone went back to what they were doing.
View Quote

I was wheeling out an early cart load and was literally 20 feet from the AD.

12 g into the ceiling.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope you punched his lights out.  We had a 9mm skitter across the floor and hit a gal in the foot.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#7]
scrub
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Forgot about this thread until today. Wish I could have gotten to meet some of you all.

Or maybe I did and didn’t realize.

I walked from one end to the other on Saturday and then spent about 4 hrs buying on Sunday.

As always was a lot of fun
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Forgot about this thread until today. Wish I could have gotten to meet some of you all.

Or maybe I did and didn’t realize.

I walked from one end to the other on Saturday and then spent about 4 hrs buying on Sunday.

As always was a lot of fun
View Quote

By all means please join the thread and meals for the Fall show. We had some great visits.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I was hoping to make the breakfast this morning but I over did it yesterday and was to sore.
What is the knife on the left.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was hoping to make the breakfast this morning but I over did it yesterday and was to sore.
What is the knife on the left.
View Quote

It is a WW2 "Theater Knife" made from a repurposed, shortened, bayonet blade (origin unknown and probably not enough original lines left to identify) with a handle cast out of smelted aluminum, usually scavenged from wrecked aircraft (both friend and foe). Sheath appears to also be original, albeit with a modern repair.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#12]
More details please.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
More details please.
View Quote

Theater knives are knives that were made "in theater", which for WW2 would be the European Theater or the Pacific Theater. During WW2 there was a shortage of fighting knives. To fill the shortage Navy ships, Army Rear Areas, had their machine shops turning out knives, using primarily scrap material. Broken plane props, scrap aircraft aluminum, plexiglass from aircraft canopies, smelted brass casing, black and red micarta from scraped electrical junction boxes, repurposed MK1, MK2, Shark, etc blades, repurposed bayonets and swords (friend and foe), hunting knives, saw blades, files into blades... the list goes on.

Many knives were also made/customized by REMFS in the rear, who would trade them to GI's coming back from the front for a trophy, say maybe a custom knife for a Japanese flag.
There were also many crafted by POW's who welcomed the work during their captivity.

It is a fascinating field to collect.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 12:20:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I’m just getting in from the trip and ready to hit the rack.

ContraHQ and his group are top notch guys and great hosts. Its very generous of them to be so accommodating to guest while trying to run a booth and hunt their own items in the busiest show of the year. They are also a wealth of knowledge in many areas. I got a crash course education on theatre knives over the weekend. I have seen them at times over the years and never had a clue what I was looking at. Now I am going to be hunting them in our area for him.

The Tulsa show is much like any other show there are some assholes and some over priced stuff,  but there are lots of deals over the weekend on just about anything you can think of. The show is ever changing. You can walk an isle and an hour or two later it may be almost completely different items on many tables. Some deals are in your face and some you have to hunt or haggle for. Some things just require a little more effort to sniff out due to the volume of vendors and people. Some are just the luck of the draw. If you have never been it’s definitely something to experience at least once.

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Once again it was my honor to host the Tulsa Arms Show Arfcom gatherings.

With such gracious guests like @jwb211, it has been a privilege. I really appreciate all the help on scouting items and breaks.

Looking forward to the Fall show, and I think @backbencher might make a return?
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  Once again it was my honor to host the Tulsa Arms Show Arfcom gatherings.

With such gracious guests like @jwb211, it has been a privilege. I really appreciate all the help on scouting items and breaks.

Looking forward to the Fall show, and I think @backbencher might make a return?
View Quote

Inshallah.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top