Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 34
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
so depending on the ash amount going into the sky, this could stop global warming! but too much we go into the next ice age
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Hal turner
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm…I’m about 6-7 miles from the shore in northern Florida…
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
So no "news" networks aren't reporting the possibility of the east coast tsunami... what are the actual chances? Good timing with the sniffer right on the coast in Delaware.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm 170 mi in from Kitty Hawk...evac to higher ground now or wait for more information?
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Damn, that thing is percolating sure enough.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm curious on how long it would take the wave to hit the east coast.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Any way we could help it out ?
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Oh no, not the Twin Towers again!
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder if they will panic on Long Island and the cape up here if they hear of a collapse of the flank of the volcano?, even if no big wave hits
View Quote

I sort of think govt would do everything in their power to make sure as few knew abt it as possible.

One way or the other, millions would die.
Better to get word out amongst the elite and connected so they could get out of harm’s way as easily as possible.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
so depending on the ash amount going into the sky, this could stop global warming! but too much we go into the next ice age
View Quote

Ya, life is a bitch.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm 170 mi in from Kitty Hawk...evac to higher ground now or wait for more information?
View Quote

Bugout now before it's too late.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I sort of think govt would do everything in their power to make sure as few knew abt it as possible.

Better to get word out amongst the elite and connected so they could get out of harm’s way as easily as possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if they will panic on Long Island and the cape up here if they hear of a collapse of the flank of the volcano?, even if no big wave hits

My gut instinct tells me we would have no warning, but then there are A LOT of important people who live in that area.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm about 10' to 11' above sea level and about 11 miles WNW of Fort Lauderdale and I don't know how to surf.

I'm screwed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Obama just sold me his Martha Vineyard's house for $300,000.
I wonder why?
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My gut instinct tells me we would have no warning, but then there are A LOT of important people who live in that area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better to get word out amongst the elite and connected so they could get out of harm's way as easily as possible.

There is no way they could keep that quiet. IF the worst possible scenario happened the waves would wipe out the other islands and start hitting Europe and Africa shortly after. It will be all over every social media platform and panic would start on the east coast within 2 hours after the eruption. There will be about 6 hours warning, even if the Gov doesn't give one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Just had a very frank discussion with my daughter and SIL in Charleston about preparations and high-ground route planning to our home up here in New England.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Shit.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Sometimes sitting at over 4,000 feet above sea level in "fly over country" is pretty ok.

Good luck everyone.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given that it would be 7 hours or so from the landslide to a tsunami making landfall I do wonder what the progression would be.
Probably official USGS confirmation, then before a tsunami warning was issued, they would "cancel" it.
Information would get out anyway and a cat and mouse game would ensue of deleting it off the internet as it popped up.
I think they would lose that battle and implement a shutdown of the internet, at least all social media and livestreaming platforms. Probably keep TV and video streaming (non news) up and running. This would probably coinciding with live tv going down, or just continuing to play packaged programming. TV news networks would probably go to a Sunday prerecorded format as many have offices/studios in Manhattan and their people would be getting the message to GTFO.
Once notification got out to those who are important, a shutdown of cellular and landline coms would be next.

Private jet and helicopter traffic would suddenly spike and rumors would swirl.

About 2-3 hours before landfall there would be an "ATC malfunction" that would cause all eastern seaboard bound flights to re-route to inland airports, followed by a groundstop of all outbound flights. Airports would already be chaos as people hearing rumors or being associated with connected people would be trying to get on anything going anywhere.

Marine traffic would be suddenly full of the larger yachts as the connected that don't have private jets take to the water. Some commercial shipping might pull up anchor and bounce too, Chinese flagged ships would undoubtedly get a heads up.

The last hour or two would be utter anarchy as rumor turns into panic and people would jam the roadways and some take to upper floors in high rises in big cities. Anything that floats or flies would be in motion. Desperate people would crowd or steal private boats, some owners would be killed (or kill others) in their attempt to escape.

Some, resigned to their fate would go to the beach to watch the end come.

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sometimes sitting at over 4,000 feet above sea level in "fly over country" is pretty ok.

Good luck everyone.
View Quote

Not when the Yellowstone Supervolcano goes all copy-cat. I'm 100mi from that and frankly I think it might be refreshing to get a nice hot steam bath. As long as 3 Gorges, Cascadia, San Andreas and a couple of other critical disaster locations decide to get in on the fun and join the party.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Given that it would be 7 hours or so from the landslide to a tsunami making landfall I do wonder what the progression would be.
Probably official USGS confirmation, then before a tsunami warning was issued, they would "cancel" it.
Information would get out anyway and a cat and mouse game would ensue of deleting it off the internet as it popped up.
I think they would lose that battle and implement a shutdown of the internet, at least all social media and livestreaming platforms. Probably keep TV and video streaming (non news) up and running. This would probably coinciding with live tv going down, or just continuing to play packaged programming. TV news networks would probably go to a Sunday prerecorded format as many have offices/studios in Manhattan and their people would be getting the message to GTFO.
Once notification got out to those who are important, a shutdown of cellular and landline coms would be next.

About 2-3 hours before landfall there would be an "ATC malfunction" that would cause all eastern seaboard bound flights to re-route to inland airports, followed by a groundstop of all outbound flights. Airports would already be chaos as people hearing rumors or being associated with connected people would be trying to get on anything going anywhere.

Marine traffic would be suddenly full of the larger yachts as the connected that don't have private jets take to the water. Some commercial shipping might pull up anchor and bounce too, Chinese flagged ships would undoubtedly get a heads up.

The last hour or two would be utter anarchy as rumor turns into panic and people would jam the roadways and some take to upper floors in high rises in big cities. Anything that floats or flies would be in motion. Desperate people would crowd or steal private boats, some owners would be killed (or kill others) in their attempt to escape.

View Quote

And after all of that insanity a knee high tsunami would gently wash a few jellyfish ashore and out come a few peckers to piss on some poor little cute blonde girl's foot.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already packing, but which rifle for Tsunami? My CQB carbine or my stand off .300 Winny?
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#26]
IT'S JUST THE FLUnami
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And after all of that insanity a knee high tsunami would gently wash a few jellyfish ashore and out come a few peckers to piss on some poor little cute blonde girl's foot.
View Quote

Dude. you need a pressure check.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sense a screen play. That was pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:32:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Wake me up when Guam tips over.

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Why can't volciantists shoot some nukes in the tsunami's path to stop it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#32]
that crazy thing with a tsunami, is if you just get in a helo coptor or plane or haul ass in your boat to meet the wave before it gets close you can survive.

This is why I really want an 4 seat ultra light I can use to take off from my street in case of tidal wave
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Did anyone see any projections as to how far inland the wave might go?  I'm less than 10 miles from the long island sound and 30 miles from the ocean at 250 feet elevation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#34]
"All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again."
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why can't volciantists shoot some nukes in the tsunami's path to stop it?
View Quote

Will not slow or stop it.

Quoted:
View Quote

"So say we all."
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#36]
La Palma Volcano | What It Means/Data Update
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#37]
BS meter pegged, because to get displacement like that, you'd have a lot stronger quakes
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, Hell.................and I was going to go to Daytona Beach
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
How will chomo Joe and heels up handle this?

Will the water push far enough up the Rio Grande to wash away all the illegals camped there?
View Quote

FEMA will be too busy providing for the illegals at the border to help Americans on the east coast.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#41]
OST
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Daytona Beach might just come to you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I hope somehow if it goes it also breaks the 3 gorges and cascadia subduction as well
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#44]

That clip is fake. The Twin Towers are gone.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time to invest in a surf board
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm about 10' to 11' above sea level and about 11 miles WNW of Fort Lauderdale and I don't know how to surf.

I'm screwed.
View Quote

Sorry Charlie.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just noticed that too!

[tool]Learn to swim![/tool]
View Quote
You need to build an ark, NOW!!!!

Load of two of every animal you can find.  

Don't forget to hang the "No faggots allowed"  They don't multiply too well
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#49]

That's a let down. I just started to plan a family camping trip to the mountains.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

If history is any sort of a guide to follow it is this, Never trust those in power, when in doubt, RUN!
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top