If venturing into area code 757...G19
If remaining in 804, substitute with Sig 938
View Quote

What watch would you be wearing?
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

Short Answer....GMT II

This time with pix...much easier to load on my PC than my iPhone!
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 1:32:01 AM EDT
[#10]
What the hell.  You’re too damn old for there to have been a HALO badge when you went through, and spent years wearing the basic Navy diver badge  instead of the new one.

Just ribbing.

Where do you get the multi badge flight patches made?
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 1:35:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Has anyone done the cheap beater watch, and pile of cheap, old gear and guns for when you get

Stuck away from home / at work when all hell breaks loose.

Maybe you always wear your finest / have your best with you.

Some choose to have less expensive helmets, plate hangers, etc. with them.

Beater Franken Seiko- glows like the sun and runs great.

Cheap kit, guns, older spare stuff

Yes the triple load out of Spetsnaz shovel, machete, and Viking bearded axe is a joke. As is the fookin’ rope.  And the WC is swapped out for a beat old regular 92G LE trade in.

Link Posted: 8/31/2020 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What the hell.  You’re too damn old for there to have been a HALO badge when you went through, and spent years wearing the basic Navy diver badge  instead of the new one.

Just ribbing.

Where do you get the multi badge flight patches made?
View Quote

I can't remember for sure. They must have been made by someone at work.  I found them in my in-box at work a few years ago with a note from the boss saying to wear them on our flight gear.  

Regards

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#13]
My old school, po' boy load out.

Late 1960s Walther PP in 32.  Extra Mec Gar mag, Mammut Carabiner from my time in Europe in the 1980s, CRKT WASP.  The first thing I ever ordered on the Internet.
Birth Control Readers.  Cheezy Iron Man sunglasses ANNNNND....last but not least: my green Orient Marshall Automatic.  It's not the fanciest but it's been a damn good time keeper.  I only adjust it maybe once every six to nine months and only by a couple of minutes.

Link Posted: 9/15/2020 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#14]

@1387Delta Could we get this thread and the WOTD pinned? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://i.ibb.co/ftv9RvH/IMG-5116.jpg

@1387Delta Could we get this thread and the WOTD pinned? Thanks!
View Quote

You're rocking it old school with that SIG. I need to dig mine out and get it to the range soon. I bought it about a year after the ban started, so it came with two 10 round magazines. I had no idea how much preban P228 mags were going to cost me over the next few years.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You're rocking it old school with that SIG. I need to dig mine out and get it to the range soon. I bought it about a year after the ban started, so it came with two 10 round magazines. I had no idea how much preban P228 mags were going to cost me over the next few years.
View Quote

That's a '93 that I just acquired. I used to paw a P228 at the Rod & Gun Club in Würzburg back in 88-89, and always wanted one. I've never held a pistol that fit my hand any better. I was all Glock for many years because that's what I was issued, but I finally mid-life crisis'ed myself into a nice W. German P228. Installed a SRT and short-reach trigger as well as X-ray sights.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Can I play? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 12:49:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Not so much EDC as playing around with the 320 series recently.
The compact is so close in size I don’t understand,  It sort of like the Beretta Centurion compared to the M9/full sized 92.

I have a full on set up, and an AIWB set up.  Complicated by the fact gaining 2-3 pounds a year since I retired from the Army for some reason makes AIWB less desirable to me.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 1:38:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Nostalgic open woods trail carry day.

This .22 LR Colt was made in the 1950s and my grandfather gave it to my Dad when he was 12.
My first memories of it is as a raccoon hunting gun.
Often a treed coon can be shot from the ground.  This was done with an 1890 Winchester pump.  Sometimes, such as when they went up an evergreen, it could not be seen to shoot from the ground.  At times I would ask my father why the barrel was so long.  He and his friends would laugh and say I would find out some day.  It was the first pistol I shot when I was in grade school.  It became mine when I was 12.  I never needed to use in a tree but it was my plinking and hiking gun.

When I was around 15, my father had passed but I went raccoon hunting with one of his old friends.  I had to head up a tree.  The raccoon was out on a branch about seven feet away.  I put one in the head and it charged back at me like a bolt of lighting with its dying breath.  No time to cock and fire again.  I instinctively pistol whipped it and knocked it down to the waiting dogs.  I found out.

To go with the little caliber, I chose a 1969 little Seiko GMT watch.  

Luckily the original belt was extendable and I can still wear what I was using at 12.  The wooden grips split and I replaced them.  The knock broke off the ejector rod and ai replaced that.  After a fall a few years back the mainspring housing cracked and I have replaced that.  The finish is a little off compared to the original, but I am glad the part was available.  About a little over 100 bucks in parts over the years.  If I don’t count the fancy $50 grips that also broke.

Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nostalgic open woods trail carry day.

This .22 LR Colt was made in the 1950s and my grandfather gave it to my Dad when he was 12.
My first memories of it is as a raccoon hunting gun.
Often a treed coon can be shot from the ground.  This was done with an 1890 Winchester pump.  Sometimes, such as when they went up an evergreen, it could not be seen to shoot from the ground.  At times I would ask my father why the barrel was so long.  He and his friends would laugh and say I would find out some day.  It was the first pistol I shot when I was in grade school.  It became mine when I was 12.  I never needed to use in a tree but it was my plinking and hiking gun.

When I was around 15, my father had passed but I went raccoon hunting with one of his old friends.  I had to head up a tree.  The raccoon was out on a branch about seven feet away.  I put one in the head and it charged back at me like a bolt of lighting with its dying breath.  No time to cock and fire again.  I instinctively pistol whipped it and knocked it down to the waiting dogs.  I found out.

To go with the little caliber, I chose a 1969 little Seiko GMT watch.  

Luckily the original belt was extendable and I can still wear what I was using at 12.  The wooden grips split and I replaced them.  The knock broke off the ejector rod and ai replaced that.  After a fall a few years back the mainspring housing cracked and I have replaced that.  The finish is a little off compared to the original, but I am glad the part was available.  About a little over 100 bucks in parts over the years.  If I don’t count the fancy $50 grips that also broke.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/uu220/ramairfour/F6200501_9FEB_4476_B344_DC7ED8F1A875.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/uu220/ramairfour/C284449F_5517_4B6A_84C4_51E51BE9FFDF.jpeg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
View Quote

Great story, thanks for sharing. Reminds me of a couple of Jerry Clower's bits.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Another nostalgic open carry checking the trails day.

About the time I was 16 a classmate’s older brother was newly married with a baby on the way and short on cash.  $150 later I had a LNIB 1982 Ruger New Model Blackhawk in .357 with holster and belt.  Totally legit if officially your parent bought it then gave it to you.

I had to replace the belt a few years ago.  The knife is nothing fancy but was made by a drunken paracaidista first sergeant Islas Malvinas vet when I spent a few months in Cordoba with 602 Co about 22 years ago.  He really wanted my extra poncho liner.

Watch is a 1964 Seiko Olympic 6217 World Time.  Chosen as a joke because at the time Argentina might decide to do DST.  Or might not.  Or the country was officially -3 but one province might decide to be different, but the base in the province followed the national, etc.

The gene pool of women is Argentina is incredible.  The use of different wood embers for Churrascaria there also takes it up a notch or two from typical Brazilian charcoal prepared.  The Spanish there is interesting  as well.  Mate did not become my preferred source of caffeine.

Link Posted: 11/15/2020 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#26]

I love divers, even this completely useless one. With a non-rotating bezel, minimal lume for low light, paired with a dark dial, and the world's most reflective crystal, it will never be a serious user, but I love the style.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top