BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
oh fuck,  you can't mention that he's fragile.  Now you know who will be along to argue for 30 pages that he's not any more injury prone than any other qb.

*bangs head*
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Think of it like a science experiment.  "What happens when you take the most fragile QB in the league and put him on the team most likely to get their QB murdered?"  

oh fuck,  you can't mention that he's fragile.  Now you know who will be along to argue for 30 pages that he's not any more injury prone than any other qb.

*bangs head*

"REEEEEE! Genetics are 100% irrelevant! REEEEE! Every QB has the exact same odds of suffering a serious injury! REEEEE!"
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

"REEEEEE! Genetics are 100% irrelevant! REEEEE! Every QB has the exact same odds of suffering a serious injury! REEEEE!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Think of it like a science experiment.  "What happens when you take the most fragile QB in the league and put him on the team most likely to get their QB murdered?"  

*bangs head*

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Steelers sign Miles Jack to 2yr $16 mil
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 11:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Vegas, Warm Weather, No Income Tax, Nightlife, West Coast...

Buffalo, Cold Weather, High Income Tax, New York/Canadian Border...

https://c.tenor.com/W0JO0vvtO3gAAAAC/cm-punk-thinking.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
AFC West still making big moves.

Still waiting for the actual numbers but Bleacher is saying it will be around $17MPY.
There it is:

I though he said he wanted to play for a contender. Then he goes to what appears to be on paper at least the team that will finish 4th in what is probably the best division in the NFL.
He will be 32 this year, and he just signed a three year deal with his highest average per year of his career. Contend? Who gives a shit. Gimme that bag homey.

Pending guarantees/bonus/etc...

You say that, but rumor is the Bills were in on him, and I'd assume the offer was competitive...

Vegas, Warm Weather, No Income Tax, Nightlife, West Coast...

Buffalo, Cold Weather, High Income Tax, New York/Canadian Border...

https://c.tenor.com/W0JO0vvtO3gAAAAC/cm-punk-thinking.gif

Plus his brother will likely still be doing UFC stuff in Vegas.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jon Jones getting arrested in Vegas is like the sun rising in the morning.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame and a FEW HOURS LATER he was arrested and charged with domestic violence.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Other than the Rams with Goff, I can't think of a team going to the Superbowl with a "rookie QB deal" when the rookie wasn't already on the path to greatness.  It's not really an actual strategy so much as it is good luck to get a top 5-10 guy and have him perform really well his first couple of seasons like Wilson or Mahomes.
View Quote

What about Joe Burrow?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:11:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What about Joe Burrow?
View Quote
He's in my top 10.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame and a FEW HOURS LATER he was arrested and charged with domestic violence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's got a reputation to uphold.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

As a Falcons fan that’s not realistic. Ryan is probably Staffordish. If QB is legitimately your weak link he can put you over the top ( looking at you Colts). At best he’s a first rounder and a swap of mid round round picks given the market. There’s a ton of dead cap to eat and likely not much of a market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I posted in the 2021 thread when a Falcons fan talked about getting a 1st and a 2nd for Ryan: a 37 year old QB set to make top 3 money next season that hasn't had a Passer Rating over 95 OR a QBR over 60 in 3 seasons is going to get a 1st and 2nd?

As a Falcons fan that’s not realistic. Ryan is probably Staffordish. If QB is legitimately your weak link he can put you over the top ( looking at you Colts). At best he’s a first rounder and a swap of mid round round picks given the market. There’s a ton of dead cap to eat and likely not much of a market.

I'm the one who through the 1st and 2nd for Ryan.  I don't know what he will return in a trade, but my point was that he will return something which will help offset the assets they would use to trade for Watson.

I think that people are undervalued Matt though.  A team that has all of the pieces except a solid QB would love to have Matt for the next three years.  Brady and Rogers are older than Ryan, so 37 isn't exactly washed up for a QB.  Also, the Falcons will eat $40 million of his contract in dead money; Matt's cap hit to the new team will only be around $25 million/year.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
[Auman] The exact numbers on Godwin -- $1.25 million base salary and $18.75 million bonus. Split the bonus five ways ($3.75m per year) and you get a 2022 cap number of $5 million. Cap number jumps to $23.75m in 2023 and 2024, with $7.5 million in dead money in 2025.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#13]

I couldn't imagine voluntarily choosing the Saints in their current situation. The roster isn't good, Sean Payton is gone, and they've turned their salary cap into a long term debt balloon they can't outrun.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#14]
TFW your QB1 looks like a 99 cent hot dog.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I couldn't imagine voluntarily choosing the Saints in their current situation. The roster isn't good, Sean Payton is gone, and they've turned their salary cap into a long term debt balloon they can't outrun.
View Quote

When your choices are the Browns, NO, ATL, or the panthers. …

I just realized typing that how attractive ATL looked. Fuck.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wouldn't say the roster isn't good.    On the Defensive side they are pretty solid.    They need some Oline and WR help, but that's about it IMO.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I couldn't imagine voluntarily choosing the Saints in their current situation.
View Quote
Could you imagine voluntarily choosing any of the teams involved?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Tom Brady Sr. blamed Adam Schefter (directly) and other NFL news breakers for Tom's original rushed retirement decision. Following up his statement on Monday (?) about how Tom felt pressured in to retiring.

"They were announcing his retirement before he even retired. You know, the media made the news. He was not ready to make any decision and didn't make any decision but [Adam] Schefter and [Jeff] Darlington stated it as fact."
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

What a train wreck that has turned into.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t agree they’re ‘pathetic’ for not landing a QB. It’s clearly not as easy as some make it seem.

Just my two cents coming from a fan of a pathetic franchise lol.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#22]
If DW picks NO, the Falcons and Browns might have to swap QBs.  Mayfield is definitely done in CLE.  Who knows how Matt feels about the Falcons courting DW.

It might not be a bad Plan B for either team.  Ryan could win a lot of games with the Brown's offensive line and running game.  Falcons get a younger QB for the rebuild.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#23]

That’s just a preview of him in the ultimate gold jacket when he COMMANDS this team to the promised land!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Washington's new helmet. Feels like they missed an opportunity not making the facemask gold as well.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s hard to blame a team for a trade not happening, but the Darnold mess is entirely on them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm the one who through the 1st and 2nd for Ryan.  I don't know what he will return in a trade, but my point was that he will return something which will help offset the assets they would use to trade for Watson.

I think that people are undervalued Matt though.  A team that has all of the pieces except a solid QB would love to have Matt for the next three years.  Brady and Rogers are older than Ryan, so 37 isn't exactly washed up for a QB.  Also, the Falcons will eat $40 million of his contract in dead money; Matt's cap hit to the new team will only be around $25 million/year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I posted in the 2021 thread when a Falcons fan talked about getting a 1st and a 2nd for Ryan: a 37 year old QB set to make top 3 money next season that hasn't had a Passer Rating over 95 OR a QBR over 60 in 3 seasons is going to get a 1st and 2nd?

To me, despite being younger than Brady or Rodgers, Ryan looks closer to having the kind of drop-off we saw with Peyton or Brees.

I think he's a lot harder of sell than some want to believe.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If DW picks NO, the Falcons and Browns might have to swap QBs.  Mayfield is definitely done in CLE.  Who knows how Matt feels about the Falcons courting DW.

It might not be a bad Plan B for either team.  Ryan could win a lot of games with the Brown's offensive line and running game.  Falcons get a younger QB for the rebuild.
View Quote

Not a terrible solution, actually.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t know how you fix that.

There is a near 100% chance Baker wants out.

There is a sub-10% the Browns find a QB equal to or better than Mayfield unless they work a three way trade that brings Garoppolo in and sends Mayfield somewhere else.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Washington's new helmet. Feels like they missed an opportunity not making the facemask gold as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOD2ZIeVIAktS4b?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote
As is Arfcom tradition, I present my quick MSPaint gold facemask version:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hard to blame the Panthers, it isn’t like they passed up on good a QB, there just wasn’t one available.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/180878/3454yth5_png-2316526.JPG
View Quote
Better.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOD2ZIeVIAktS4b?format=jpg&name=small

I love they did this whole campaign to pick commanders and they still just go with a W logo.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I love they did this whole campaign to pick commanders and they still just go with a W logo.
View Quote

Could have gone with a hammer & sickle.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Could have gone with a hammer & sickle.
View Quote
Would damn sure be fitting for that town.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

clown shows
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#36]
The fact that NO owner is flying to Atlanta to meet with Watson is very telling.

1. Watson is still in Atlanta after meeting with the Falcons yesterday.
2. The NO owner feels the need to make one last sales pitch.

Starting to look like Watson to Atlanta is getting close to happening.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The fact that NO owner is flying to Atlanta to meet with Watson is very telling.

1. Watson is still in Atlanta after meeting with the Falcons yesterday.
2. The NO owner feels the need to make one last sales pitch.

Starting to look like Watson to Atlanta is getting close to happening.
View Quote

What's he going to do, drag Watson back to the swamp with him?  NO needs a QB more than ATL does but it looks like DW wants to be a Falcon, he damn sure ain't no saint
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#38]

HK will love this. Imagine Deshaun Watson getting the same suspension as Zeke did...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#39]

That's a mighty big clock ticking today.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

it looks like DW wants to be a Falcon, he damn sure ain't no saint
View Quote

That's for sure. Maybe he is checking out the massage parlors in Atlanta.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's the Browns. What did you expect? Factory of Sadness.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Man, this year’s QB drama has for sure lived up to the hype.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That reads like it is fresh off the rumor mill
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Kyle Pitts tweeted, "It's about to get scary in Atlanta.." and then deleted it. Pitts and Watson have the same agent.

Edit: Scary for Atlanta based massage therapists?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Kyle Pitts tweeted, "It's about to get scary in Atlanta.." and then deleted it. Pitts and Watson have the same agent.

View Quote

??
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pitts just "clarified" that his deleted tweet was about the Falcons signing Hayward.

Even though he used the zipper mouth emoji and the Hayward signing had already been announced...  

My take- Pitts obviously knows what's up, but was swatted by the Falcons because they are still working on the deal to trade Matt Ryan.  If the other team knows that Watson to ATL is finalized, Falcons lose all leverage in trading Matt.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#48]

He better be dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He better be dirt cheap.
View Quote

Tampa has a shitload of WRs. I’m not sure how that even pretends to make sense.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Tampa has a shitload of WRs. I'm not sure how that even pretends to make sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He better be dirt cheap.

Tampa has a shitload of WRs. I'm not sure how that even pretends to make sense.
Hence it better be stupid cheap.

Gronk, Brate, Evans, Godwin, Russell Gage... And now you want Julio Jones in there as well?

Might as well not even have a running back with that lineup.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top