User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://i.imgflip.com/68w927.jpg
View Quote

Shaping up to be one of the best dumpster fire seasons for the Skins in a while. You thought their defense sucked last year well just stand by.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
First Dak post of the thread.

I win.
View Quote

Me fail English? That's unpossible
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Couple backup QB deals.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Cardinals getting a real cheap 1st rounder.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Go Cowboys!

And, betting on them to win the division at +130 and to win the Super Bowl at +2500, go Bucs!
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's better than losing him. He is very talented for that price point. Combine him with a rookie RB from later in the draft. Good to go at RB.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hell!? Damn it. WFT finally catch a break. That's not nearly as entertaining.
Investing in a RB when you just lost two guards is certainly a choice.

I wouldn't consider this a break.
It's better than losing him. He is very talented for that price point. Combine him with a rookie RB from later in the draft. Good to go at RB.

Uhm... What do you call Antonio Gibson?

RB wasn't even a little bit of a need for the WTF.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
AFC West still making big moves.

View Quote

3 of the 4 teams in the division have gotten better this offseason. The Chiefs have not.

The other teams all have absurd pass rush duos while the Chiefs don't have a RT, and the Chiefs don't have an edge rusher that can rush the passer.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shaping up to be one of the best dumpster fire seasons for the Skins in a while. You thought their defense sucked last year well just stand by.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgflip.com/68w927.jpg

their defense underperformed last year and the offense gave them no cushion.

all the big guys are still there. would've been nice to keep collins but an overpaid 'safety' who had to be switched to linebacker? hope he gets some good money else where.

don't get me wrong, i'm not expecting a division title, but with COMMANDER CARSON it's gonna be an interesting season.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hell!? Damn it. WFT finally catch a break. That's not nearly as entertaining.
Investing in a RB when you just lost two guards is certainly a choice.

I wouldn't consider this a break.

gibson battled turf toe last season. it makes a good one two punch and the offense thrived with mckissick. he's also on a very good deal for the team. i'm happy to have him back regardless of the lost o line pieces. if anything, carson has a pretty good deep ball and hopefully they can succeed in some play action.

again, i'm expecting nothing from this team this season, but it should be interesting.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I win.
View Quote

A non-Cowboys fan randomly brings up the Cowboys first and another non-Cowboys fan randomly brings up Dak first.  All we need now is another non-Cowboys fan to bitch and moan about how Cowboys fans are always randomly bringing up the Cowboys and Dak.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

3 of the 4 teams in the division have gotten better this offseason. The Chiefs have not.

The other teams all have absurd pass rush duos while the Chiefs don't have a RT, and the Chiefs don't have an edge rusher that can rush the passer.

View Quote

As a Chiefs fan this is the opposite of what you'd want to see, but at least the AFC West will be more competitive.  I (as a Broncos fan) was getting tired of the Chiefs.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#12]

This surprises me a bit. Patriots are shedding their veterans/older defensive players. By all appearances they want to go younger and faster. I would love Wagner (as long as it isn't an overpay), but it doesn't look like that's where the Patriots have been headed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Still waiting for the actual numbers but Bleacher is saying it will be around $17MPY.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Cap move related:

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Still waiting for the actual numbers but Bleacher is saying it will be around $17MPY.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There it is:

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As a Chiefs fan this is the opposite of what you'd want to see, but at least the AFC West will be more competitive.  I (as a Broncos fan) was getting tired of the Chiefs.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm generally patient, but this is getting infuriating.

Between the end of the season and this week, the only moves the Chiefs made were to cut Anthony Hitchens and to tag Orlando Brown.

This week, all they've done is bring back the FB and the backup QB and bring in Justin Reid instead of Tyrann Mathieu. At this point, I'm not sure if Reid really counts as an improvement or a younger, cheaper alternative.

The extensions for Hill and Brown needed to be handled in a timely manner to give them flexibility for this situation and to likely reduce the cost of signing those guys, but the front office failed to get that done. And... here we are.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cap move related:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cap move related:

What I posted in the 2021 thread when a Falcons fan talked about getting a 1st and a 2nd for Ryan: a 37 year old QB set to make top 3 money next season that hasn't had a Passer Rating over 95 OR a QBR over 60 in 3 seasons is going to get a 1st and 2nd?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What I posted in the 2021 thread when a Falcons fan talked about getting a 1st and a 2nd for Ryan: a 37 year old QB set to make top 3 money next season that hasn't had a Passer Rating over 95 OR a QBR over 60 in 3 seasons is going to get a 1st and 2nd?
View Quote

I found that pretty hard to swallow as well.  I still think he could play at a high level, but at this point, and 1 and a 2 I would never see happening.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There it is:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There it is:

I though he said he wanted to play for a contender. Then he goes to what appears to be on paper at least the team that will finish 4th in what is probably the best division in the NFL.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A non-Cowboys fan randomly brings up the Cowboys first and another non-Cowboys fan randomly brings up Dak first.  All we need now is another non-Cowboys fan to bitch and moan about how Cowboys fans are always randomly bringing up the Cowboys and Dak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I win.

JFC!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Official Super-Scientific QB Tier Guide for Fans:

Tier 1 - The Zone Zone (1-5): You have your guy.  You're where everyone wants to be.  Odds are your guy has a ring.  If he doesn't, you're positive it's just around the corner.  But you tend to suffer from unreasonable expectations.  Not every top QB is the GOAT or Joe Cool.  Protip: Don't Google Jim Kelly.  
Tier 2 - The Comfort Zone (6-10): You also have your guy.  He may not be Pat Mahomes, but you're certain you can win with him.  On the plus side, your expectations are more moderate.  A season can be a success without winning the Superbowl.  
Tier 3 - The Frustration Zone (11-16): This is one of the toughest places to be.  Odds are you are convinced that your QB is at least a tier higher than he actually is.  Either way, you're convinced that if the football gods smile on you just a little bit, you can get to the promised land.  Not that you have a choice.  Your guy is good enough that no sane GM is going to risk his job on a trade.  But reality isn't your friend.  Barring a Cinderella season or an all-time Defense, the promised land is always just over the horizon.  
Tier 4 - The Upgrayedd Zone (17-24): You have a legit NFL QB, and with a good team you can win games.  But you know you don't have the guy, and the playoff are so very far away.  You scour the most obscure corners of the interwebs trying to decipher your team's next move.  You know every team in cap trouble.  You keep an eye on every good QB who grumbles on twatter.  And you've calculated exactly how much you'd need to trade to get a top draft pick for next year.  
Tier 5 - The Pit of Despair (25-32): Hope abandoned you long ago.  You know this season is a lost cause.  You've come to accept it.  In fact, you really don't pay attention to your team at all.  You don't have the time.  There are too many college games to watch so you can fantasize about the next Great Savior you're certain to get with your top draft pick, provided your team doesn't somehow fuck it up by winning too many games.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I win.

We had the first page FNFL guys show up so we were off to a good start, I had to make sure the thread kept moving correctly
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I though he said he wanted to play for a contender. Then he goes to what appears to be on paper at least the team that will finish 4th in what is probably the best division in the NFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There it is:

He will be 32 this year, and he just signed a three year deal with his highest average per year of his career. Contend? Who gives a shit. Gimme that bag homey.

Pending guarantees/bonus/etc...
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Official Super-Scientific QB Tier Guide for Fans:

Tier 1 - The Zone Zone (1-5): You have your guy.  You're where everyone wants to be.  Odds are your guy has a ring.  If he doesn't, you're positive it's just around the corner.  But you tend to suffer from unreasonable expectations.  Not every top QB is the GOAT or Joe Cool.  Protip: Don't Google Jim Kelly.  
Tier 2 - The Comfort Zone (6-10): You also have your guy.  He may not be Pat Mahomes, but you're certain you can win with him.  On the plus side, your expectations are more moderate.  A season can be a success without winning the Superbowl.  
Tier 3 - The Frustration Zone (11-16): This is one of the toughest places to be.  Odds are you are convinced that your QB is at least a tier higher than he actually is.  Either way, you're convinced that if the football gods smile on you just a little bit, you can get to the promised land.  Not that you have a choice.  Your guy is good enough that no sane GM is going to risk his job on a trade.  But reality isn't your friend.  Barring a Cinderella season or an all-time Defense, the promised land is always just over the horizon.  
Tier 4 - The Upgrayedd Zone (17-24): You have a legit NFL QB, and with a good team you can win games.  But you know you don't have the guy, and the playoff are so very far away.  You scour the most obscure corners of the interwebs trying to decipher your team's next move.  You know every team in cap trouble.  You keep an eye on every good QB who grumbles on twatter.  And you've calculated exactly how much you'd need to trade to get a top draft pick for next year.  
Tier 5 - The Pit of Despair (25-32): Hope abandoned you long ago.  You know this season is a lost cause.  You've come to accept it.  In fact, you really don't pay attention to your team at all.  You don't have the time.  There are too many college games to watch so you can fantasize about the next Great Savior you're certain to get with your top draft pick, provided your team doesn't somehow fuck it up by winning too many games.
View Quote

Accurate tiering.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Brady effect in play.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Steelers brought back Dwayne Haskins on an RFA tender.
Going to be Trubisky > Rudolph > Haskins I suppose.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm not one for QB Winz as a stat, but...

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Accurate tiering.
View Quote
negative

any tiering that doesn't take into account the difference between the same QB under rookie contract and getting paid is invalid.

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
He will be 32 this year, and he just signed a three year deal with his highest average per year of his career. Contend? Who gives a shit. Gimme that bag homey.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There it is:

You say that, but rumor is the Bills were in on him, and I'd assume the offer was competitive...
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
negative

any tiering that doesn't take into account the difference between the same QB under rookie contract and getting paid is invalid.

View Quote
The rookie QB thing is obsolete.  They're all demanding to be paid early now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You say that, but rumor is the Bills were in on him, and I'd assume the offer was competitive...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There it is:

Vegas, Warm Weather, No Income Tax, Nightlife, West Coast...

Buffalo, Cold Weather, High Income Tax, New York/Canadian Border...

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
They're all demanding their EXTENSION early (3rd year).
But you still have the 4 year (and possible 5th year option) benefit.

And the 3rd year extension can be an incredible salary cap benefit if you are certain they are your guy/long term. It allows you to give up some signing bonus early and take that cap hit on the rookie deal years to lower the later extended years cap hit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
negative

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And the 3rd year extension can be an incredible salary cap benefit if you are certain they are your guy/long term. It allows you to give up some signing bonus early and take that cap hit on the rookie deal years to lower the later extended years cap hit.
View Quote
Other than the Rams with Goff, I can't think of a team going to the Superbowl with a "rookie QB deal" when the rookie wasn't already on the path to greatness.  It's not really an actual strategy so much as it is good luck to get a top 5-10 guy and have him perform really well his first couple of seasons like Wilson or Mahomes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Other than the Rams with Goff, I can't think of a team going to the Superbowl with a "rookie QB deal" when the rookie wasn't already on the path to greatness.  It's not really an actual strategy so much as it is good luck to get at top 5-10 guy and have him perform really well his first couple of seasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other than the Rams with Goff, I can't think of a team going to the Superbowl with a "rookie QB deal" when the rookie wasn't already on the path to greatness.  It's not really an actual strategy so much as it is good luck to get at top 5-10 guy and have him perform really well his first couple of seasons.
Mahomes? Wilson?

Edit: Wilson went to the SB his 2nd and 3rd seasons, winning one. He threw for 26 or fewer TDs and under 3,500 yards all three seasons.

Eagles went to the SB with Wentz on a rookie deal.
Panthers went to the SB with Newton on a rookie deal.
49ers went to the SB with Kaepernick on a rookie deal.
Rams went to the SB with Goff on a rookie deal.
Bengals went to the SB with Burrow on a rookie deal.

In the last 10 years, 9 Super Bowls had a team with a QB on a rookie deal... Double Edit: Wilson x2, Mahomes x2, and the 5 listed above. The only SB without a rookie contract QB was the Pats/Falcons.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#41]

The Saints probably are the best fit for him.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Mahomes? Wilson?

Edit: Wilson went to the SB his 2nd and 3rd seasons, winning one. He threw for 26 or fewer TDs and under 3,500 yards all three seasons.

Eagles went to the SB with Wentz on a rookie deal.
Panthers went to the SB with Newton on a rookie deal.
49ers went to the SB with Kaepernick on a rookie deal.
Bengals went to the SB with Burrow on a rookie deal.

In the last 10 years, 8 Super Bowls had a team with a QB on a rookie deal... (Wilson x2, Mahomes x2, and the 4 listed above)
View Quote
So other than Kaepernick, those were all guys who were top 10 at some point in their careers, or at least look like they're on that path (Burrow).  Wentz obviously doesn't really count.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So other than Kaepernick, those were all guys who were top 10 at some point in their careers, or at least look like they're on that path (Burrow).  Wentz obviously doesn't really count.
View Quote
I thought the whole argument was about rookie quarterback contracts saving you money so you can spend it elsewhere to make a Super Bowl run? In the scope of this discussion, what they do AFTER their rookie contract has no bearing.

Obviously the rookie quarterback still has to be decent/good. No team wins with a shit quarterback.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Matt Ryan's sister law getting in on the action!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#46]

32 year old linebacker coming a season ending knee injury, only played 25% of the snaps last year, and in that time only netted 8 solo tackles (19 combined), 1 TFL, 0 sacks, 0 QB hits, 0 passes defended...

Probably the end of the road.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/180878/3r3f334gf_png-2315727.JPG
View Quote

Its bad enough when dads chime in, but sister in laws?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just an FYI for those that weren't aware, Matt Ryan and his brother married a pair of sisters.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just an FYI for those that weren't aware, Matt Ryan and his brother married a pair of sisters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems somewhat unseemly.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top