BCM
User Panel

Page / 603
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 400.

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]

When we hit the end of this page, the thread will have 20,000 replies.

Edit: HK you double poster!
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

It's crazy how active this season's thread has been.

On this date last season we were only on page 230.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If the Browns and Steelers don't make the postseason do y'all think that would give Parsons an edge over Garrett and Watt for DPOY if it's really close?

I realize DPOY isn't like MVP where you basically HAVE to make the postseason, but at the same time it seems pretty rare for the DPOY to be on a team that did NOT make the postseason.  I think the last time was in 2014 with JJ Watt and that competition wasn't close at all.  He won unanimously.
View Quote
Parsons would need to decrease the gap in the "glory" stats. TJ has 33% more sacks, has more FF and FR. He even has more pass defenses somehow.

Parsons is killing it in the tackle category, but tackles don't win awards.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://c.tenor.com/QePo0OXh97IAAAAC/joe-kelly-dancing.gif

View Quote

It feels like half of those posts were HK reminding us how awesome Micah Parsons is.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think a lot of people are still sleeping on the Colts.

In week 1 they lost to the Seahawks at home by 12 (okay, that was bad).

In week 2 they lost to the Rams by 3.

In week 3 they lost to the Titans with Henry by 9.

Since then every game they either won by DD (with one exception) or they lost by the skin of their teeth (usually do to them shooting themselves in the foot).  They easily could be on a 10 game winning streak right now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Patriots @ Colts:
Open = Patriots -2.5.  Current = Colts - 2.5.  Difference = 5 points.

That is some big movement considering almost no Covid/Injury updates for those teams that I have seen. Lot of Colts love apparently.

I think a lot of people are still sleeping on the Colts.

In week 1 they lost to the Seahawks at home by 12 (okay, that was bad).

In week 2 they lost to the Rams by 3.

In week 3 they lost to the Titans with Henry by 9.

Since then every game they either won by DD (with one exception) or they lost by the skin of their teeth (usually do to them shooting themselves in the foot).  They easily could be on a 10 game winning streak right now.

The Colts are one of the most challenging teams to evaluate right now.

They are 7-6 with a really low strength of victory, and that screams fraudulent. But...

They are above average in EPA/play on both offense and defense.

They've played close games against very good teams.

Frank Reich is one of the most underrated coaches in the league.

Then again...

Their passing defense is #16 right now.

Their passing offense is #14.

Their QB is Carson Wentz.

Their success seems to swayed by Jonathan Taylor breaking out for huge plays at an unsustainable rate.

Who are the 2021 Indianapolis Colts?

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

"A swath of players have voiced that they would like all covid protocols and testing dropped permanently"

Amen!  

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Colts are one of the most challenging teams to evaluate right now.

They are 7-6 with a really low strength of victory, and that screams fraudulent. But...

They are above average in EPA/play on both offense and defense.

They've played close games against very good teams.

Frank Reich is one of the most underrated coaches in the league.

Then again...

Their passing defense is #16 right now.

Their passing offense is #14.

Their QB is Carson Wentz.

Their success seems to swayed by Jonathan Taylor breaking out for huge plays at an unsustainable rate.

Who are the 2021 Indianapolis Colts?
View Quote
Screams "average Wild Card team" to me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"A swath of players have voiced that they would like all covid protocols and testing dropped permanently"

Amen!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen!

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:28:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Parsons would need to decrease the gap in the "glory" stats. TJ has 33% more sacks, has more FF and FR. He even has more pass defenses somehow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the Browns and Steelers don't make the postseason do y'all think that would give Parsons an edge over Garrett and Watt for DPOY if it's really close?

I realize DPOY isn't like MVP where you basically HAVE to make the postseason, but at the same time it seems pretty rare for the DPOY to be on a team that did NOT make the postseason.  I think the last time was in 2014 with JJ Watt and that competition wasn't close at all.  He won unanimously.

But when was the last a player won DPOY in a close contest and his team didn't make the postseason?

Of course, when was the last time a rookie won DPOY?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It feels like half of those posts were HK reminding us how awesome Micah Parsons is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And half of that half was me bitching about how Parsons was getting so little attention for DPOY that they weren't even offering odds on him.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I call shenanigans on all of that.

For starters, the rules at the beginning of the season specified that teams might be forced to forfeit games if there was an outbreak among unvaccinated players. Almost all of these players popping hot for the 'rona are vaccinated, so the criteria for the rule is not met.

Beyond that, a forfeit/cancellation fucks EVERYONE. Players don't get paid, tickets get refunded, there's no concessions or parking, ad revenue is lost, etc. The NFL is a business supported by businesses, and I'd imagine that a solid $50M+ goes up in smoke if a single regular season game doesn't get played.

The NFL will ALWAYS bend or straight up break their own rules and guidelines to make sure games the games get played whenever possible.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Was there every any question? NFL is a business, everything they do or say is related to protecting the money of said business. Same with "player safety" and everything else. It is about keeping up appearances because appearances equals money. Always has been, always will.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Imagine your team is on the bubble for getting a playoff spot with two YUUUGE games coming up.

Then the NFL postpones your first game because of something the other team did giving your first opponent a significant advantage they didn't have before and then the NFL ensures instead of having 7 full days to prepare for your second game you only have 4 full days giving your second opponent a significant advantage they didn't have before.

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Parsons and TJ are very close on Dpoy.

TJ has to stay healthy the rest of the season to get it.
That will be tough.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#19]
32 players today, from active rosters and practice squads.
The 5 day total this week was 151 players, aprox 6% of the entire league.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

"If you get the vaccine, you won't get COVID."
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Boy, it's a good thing they were all "vaccinated."
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is that Selena?
View All Quotes

No idea.  I did a quick search for that DaFoe gif from American Psycho, saw that one, and was just “okay, fine.”
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Can we assume they are just ironing out the final kickoff times for both Tuesday games?  Having a 6:00 kickoff for both games would be pretty idiotic.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Can we assume they are just ironing out the final kickoff times for both Tuesday games?  Having a 6:00 kickoff for both games would be pretty idiotic.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/3E4A56ED-68B6-45CB-94CE-8D84A3884CF5_jpe-2207693.JPG
View Quote
Nope. It's a simulcast. Both on FOX. 70% of the country will have the WFT/PHI and 30% SEA/LAR. 7ET.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nope. It's a simulcast. Both on FOX. 70% of the country will have the WFT/PHI and 30% SEA/LAR. 7ET.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/3E4A56ED-68B6-45CB-94CE-8D84A3884CF5_jpe-2207693.JPG

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Was there every any question? NFL is a business, everything they do or say is related to protecting the money of said business. Same with "player safety" and everything else. It is about keeping up appearances because appearances equals money. Always has been, always will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the 2021 rules were agreed upon everyone thought the vaccine was actually effective. Now that we know it "might" keep you from croaking after a few months the rules should be modified IMO.

The rules were also a way to punish players who didn't get vaxxed. When the Rodgers bullshit was going down the segment of fans bitching about him not being vaxxed was partially because of the rules subjecting him to being out longer than if he got the shots, and people acting like he wasn't a team player

This whole two tiered rules/society nonsense is falling around them more and more everyday which is why they're desperate for constant booster shots to keep the charade up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#31]
This is definitely the first time I've seen anything like this.

The spread for the Raiders @ Browns game has had the following spreads in order:

Browns -5

Raiders -3

Browns - 1.5
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

It seems like every time I see something RGKnee posted on social media he's making an ass of himself.

His meltdown over his wife was hilarious.

RGKnee in a random post: My wife is white.

Internet: Um, okay?

RGKnee: HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT MY WIFE LIKE THAT!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#34]
lol, they are so hard up they letting Kyrie back in

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It seems like every time I see something RGKnee posted on social media he's making an ass of himself.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s desperate for relevance in 2021.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like Miami sports reporters with a large Cuban and hispanic population only got to ask Kaepernick questions once.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#38]
It's laughable when "experts" pick a double digit favorite to simply win the game and then proceed to talk about their pick like they're offering up some brilliant insight saying a 13 point favorite will win the game.

It should be universal that when "experts" pick games they have to pick according to the spread or at least both SU AND the spread.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Its crazy to think we could have just 4 regular season games until, for the first time in decades, the Packers are without Favre and Rodgers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Its crazy to think we could have just 4 regular season games until, for the first time in decades, the Packers are without Favre and Rodgers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Whatever gets you off

That cap space tho
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:23:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:31:36 AM EDT
[#42]
What’s the deal with Groot?  Is he expected to play or what?  I did a quick search and just found a bunch of…

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When the 2021 rules were agreed upon everyone thought the vaccine was actually effective. Now that we know it "might" keep you from croaking after a few months the rules should be modified IMO.

The rules were also a way to punish players who didn't get vaxxed. When the Rodgers bullshit was going down the segment of fans bitching about him not being vaxxed was partially because of the rules subjecting him to being out longer than if he got the shots, and people acting like he wasn't a team player

This whole two tiered rules/society nonsense is falling around them more and more everyday which is why they're desperate for constant booster shots to keep the charade up.
View Quote

GREAT post.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope it goes to trial because that could be interesting with the Jags having no proof of any one thing THAT bad (I don’t think the kicking of the kicker was on video).

Considering Meyer doesn’t need the money and his massive ego there might be a decent chance he refuses to accept a settlement.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I hope it goes to trial because that could be interesting with the Jags having no proof of any one thing THAT bad (I don’t think the kicking of the kicker was on video).

Considering Meyer doesn’t need the money and his massive ego there might be a decent chance he refuses to accept a settlement.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What’s the deal with Groot?  Is he expected to play or what?  I did a quick search and just found a bunch of…

https://comb.io/qwqy8R.gif
View Quote

I don't think anyone knows.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I hope it goes to trial because that could be interesting with the Jags having no proof of any one thing THAT bad (I don't think the kicking of the kicker was on video).

Considering Meyer doesn't need the money and his massive ego there might be a decent chance he refuses to accept a settlement.
View Quote
Yeah, but consider the jury is going to be pissed off Jaguar fans.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope it goes to trial because that could be interesting with the Jags having no proof of any one thing THAT bad (I don't think the kicking of the kicker was on video).

Considering Meyer doesn't need the money and his massive ego there might be a decent chance he refuses to accept a settlement.

But who would they be more pissed at: the long time Jags owner or the coach that was there for less than a year?
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#50]
I also hope the Gruden trial (if it happens) is very public and very drawn out too.
Page / 603
Top Top