Site Notices
Page / 415
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't have a dog in that fight, but based on your post, I see it as the Frank Gore conundrum.

There are volume stats and then there are efficiency stats. Volume stats are largely just indicators of longevity (Frank Gore). Efficiency stats are better indicators of things like talent and/or scheme depending upon who or what you are evaluating.

Let's review the Drew Brees discussion from the previous page:

From where I sit, the career yards and career completions stats aren't super special when you're talking about a guy that was in the league for 20 years. Those completion percentage stats? Now THOSE are really special.

Looking at Johnson's stats and list of records and knowing the context of the team he did that with, what he did is pretty incredible. He has 9 league records listed on his Wiki page, and none of them are based on longevity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Calvin Johnson, "It will feel like a slight," to not be selected first ballot.

Fuck off Calvin. You are one of the most physically gifted people to ever play the game, but you left early. You have no CAREER stats to brag about. You have single game and single season stats.

You're not even in the top TWENTY for touchdowns.
Not even in the top THIRTY for yardage.
Not even in the top FOURTY for receptions.

TO didn't get in until his 3rd ballot (3rd in TDs,  3rd in yards, 3rd in receptions).
Marvin Harrison 3rd (5th in TDs, 9th in yards, 9th in receptions).
Cris Carter 6th (4th in TDs, 13th in yards, 13th in receptions).

And you think it is a slight if you don't go first? Go fuck yourself.

I don't have a dog in that fight, but based on your post, I see it as the Frank Gore conundrum.

There are volume stats and then there are efficiency stats. Volume stats are largely just indicators of longevity (Frank Gore). Efficiency stats are better indicators of things like talent and/or scheme depending upon who or what you are evaluating.

Let's review the Drew Brees discussion from the previous page:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Does Brees hold any of the big passing records as of today?
Major NFL records held by Brees include:
Most career passing yards
Most career pass completions
Highest career completion percentage
Most pass completions in a season
Highest single-season completion percentage
Highest single-game completion percentage
Most touchdown passes in a game (tied)
Most consecutive games with a touchdown pass

From where I sit, the career yards and career completions stats aren't super special when you're talking about a guy that was in the league for 20 years. Those completion percentage stats? Now THOSE are really special.

Looking at Johnson's stats and list of records and knowing the context of the team he did that with, what he did is pretty incredible. He has 9 league records listed on his Wiki page, and none of them are based on longevity.

I hate to keep bringing this up as I am not anti-Brees but he played in domes for most of his career and also in a south division. The weather implications of that certainly helped pad his completion percentage.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If we learned anything from Howard Stern, it is that people tune in to watch people they hate just as much as people they love. People who hate Tom will watch hoping to see it be his end/downfall.

Edit: Tom brings in the New England fans, Tampa fans, the sport history fans who want to continue seeing his legendary career, New England haters, Tom haters, Falcons/Saints/Panthers fans who want to see the Bucs get stomped, etc.

And the one underlined, the haters, is probably a larger audience than Rodgers brings just on it's own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Packers have more fans than the Bucs, but I think Brady probably has more fans than Rodgers.

Also about 1/3 of the people that watch the Super Bowl are in other countries.  I imagine the greatest player to ever play the sport is a bigger international draw than the MVP who won one championship a decade ago.

I dunno.

Have we already forgotten the hate/disgust so many fans had for NE & Brady for being so dominant? Not to mention the cheating allegations or the "favored by the refs" allegations. I also saw plenty of shade being thrown at TB12 for not meeting with/shaking hands with certain QB's this year, specifically ones that beat them.

I also think Rodgers doing so much more media this year has really helped his public image. People flat out comment to McAfee's show that "Aaron Rodgers Tuesdays" has changed their opinion of him.

If we learned anything from Howard Stern, it is that people tune in to watch people they hate just as much as people they love. People who hate Tom will watch hoping to see it be his end/downfall.

Edit: Tom brings in the New England fans, Tampa fans, the sport history fans who want to continue seeing his legendary career, New England haters, Tom haters, Falcons/Saints/Panthers fans who want to see the Bucs get stomped, etc.

And the one underlined, the haters, is probably a larger audience than Rodgers brings just on it's own.

You're probably right, although I wouldn't consider those eyeballs fans.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It sure won't.  It's a double edged sword.  If QBs get praise for wins regardless of the circumstances then they also get blame for the loses regardless of the circumstances.

Unless of course you're Groot in which case you can shit the bed in a postseason game and it's STILL not your fault.
View Quote

Just saw a headline on my phone yesterday that claimed Groot was on the cusp of leading the Ravens to an historical comeback...and then he got injured.

Unbelievable the lengths media will go to shore up "approved" narratives.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You're probably right, Although I wouldn't consider those eyeballs fans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Packers have more fans than the Bucs, but I think Brady probably has more fans than Rodgers.

Also about 1/3 of the people that watch the Super Bowl are in other countries.  I imagine the greatest player to ever play the sport is a bigger international draw than the MVP who won one championship a decade ago.

I dunno.

Have we already forgotten the hate/disgust so many fans had for NE & Brady for being so dominant? Not to mention the cheating allegations or the "favored by the refs" allegations. I also saw plenty of shade being thrown at TB12 for not meeting with/shaking hands with certain QB's this year, specifically ones that beat them.

I also think Rodgers doing so much more media this year has really helped his public image. People flat out comment to McAfee's show that "Aaron Rodgers Tuesdays" has changed their opinion of him.

NFL and the networks don't care if they are fans or not, they only care about the eyeballs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hate to keep bringing this up as I am not anti-Brees but he played in domes for most of his career and also in a south division. The weather implications of that certainly helped pad his completion percentage.
View Quote

Nine games per year minimum in domes (eight in N.O. and one in Atlanta). Add in other away games in domes and that's 10 or more per year, plus a December game in Florida.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Odds to win 2022 Super Bowl:

Kansas City Chiefs 7/1

Buffalo Bills 12/1

Tampa Bay Buccanneers 12/1

Green Bay Packers 15/1

Baltimore Ravens 20/1

Dallas Cowboys 20/1

New Orleans Saints 20/1

San Francisco 49ers 20/1

Seattle Seahawks 20/1

Miami Dolphins 25/1

Arizona Cardinals 30/1

Cleveland Browns 30/1

Los Angeles Chargers 30/1

Los Angeles Rams 30/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 30/1

Indianapolis Colts 40/1

Tennessee Titans 40/1

Chicago Bears 50/1

Las Vegas Raiders 50/1

Minnesota Vikings 50/1

Philadelphia Eagles 50/1

Atlanta Falcons 60/1

New England Patriots 60/1

Carolina Panthers 75/1

Denver Broncos 75/1

Jacksonville Jaguars 75/1

New York Giants 75/1

New York Jets 75/1

Washington Redskins 75/1

Cincinnati Bengals 100/1

Detroit Lions 100/1

Houston Texans 100/1
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

NFL and the networks don't care if they are fans or not, they only care about the eyeballs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno.

True, but I was responding to a comment about who may have more fans.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep. l know people have tried to disprove it, but you can't deny that teams that spend more money tend to be a bit more successful.

Pittsburgh Pirates- cheapest team, #26 best

Dodgers- usually #1-#5 in spending, perennially good the last decade.
Yankees are always big spenders, usually win their division.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure I believe either of those, but these four teams being the final contenders says a LOT about why the MLB sucks and the NFL is better.

Buffalo
Green Bay
Kansas City
Tampa

Those all small markets. That can never and will never happen in the MLB.

Kansas City is actually the largest left by city population, but I think the Tampa metro is slightly larger than KC. KC and GB also have a lot of people outside their metro areas.

Yep. l know people have tried to disprove it, but you can't deny that teams that spend more money tend to be a bit more successful.

Pittsburgh Pirates- cheapest team, #26 best

Dodgers- usually #1-#5 in spending, perennially good the last decade.
Yankees are always big spenders, usually win their division.

but there's also no salary cap in baseball and the huge markets can afford to overspend b/c of their media deals. Dodgers and Yankees make BILLIONS off of tv right. How much do you think Tampa, Baltimore, Pitt and SD get from their tv rights?

if anything it shows how effective a hard salary cap and how forcing teams to spend a minimum amount creates competition.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Manning has 14 wins in the postseason, Rodgers (so far) has 11.

Manning has four conference championship wins, Rodgers (so far) has one.

Manning has two Super Bowl wins (for whatever it is worth, in this case, not as much as typical), Rodgers has one.

Like I said, while I have Manning ahead of Rodgers at this moment, that could change in a matter of weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Manning has 14 wins in the postseason, Rodgers (so far) has 11.

Manning has four conference championship wins, Rodgers (so far) has one.

Manning has two Super Bowl wins (for whatever it is worth, in this case, not as much as typical), Rodgers has one.

Like I said, while I have Manning ahead of Rodgers at this moment, that could change in a matter of weeks.

QB Winz?

How did the QBs themselves actually perform in those games?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Kansas City Chiefs 7/1

Buffalo Bills 12/1

Green Bay Packers 15/1

Baltimore Ravens 20/1

Dallas Cowboys 20/1

New Orleans Saints 20/1

San Francisco 49ers 20/1

Seattle Seahawks 20/1

Miami Dolphins 25/1

Arizona Cardinals 30/1

Cleveland Browns 30/1

Los Angeles Rams 30/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 30/1

Indianapolis Colts 40/1

Tennessee Titans 40/1

Chicago Bears 50/1

Las Vegas Raiders 50/1

Minnesota Vikings 50/1

Philadelphia Eagles 50/1

Atlanta Falcons 60/1

Carolina Panthers 75/1

Denver Broncos 75/1

New York Giants 75/1

New York Jets 75/1

Washington Redskins 75/1

Cincinnati Bengals 100/1

Detroit Lions 100/1

Houston Texans 100/1
View Quote

lol man this isn't a dig at you HK but i can't believe the cowboys are 6th on the list.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just saw a headline on my phone yesterday that claimed Groot was on the cusp of leading the Ravens to an historical comeback...and then he got injured.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sure won't.  It's a double edged sword.  If QBs get praise for wins regardless of the circumstances then they also get blame for the loses regardless of the circumstances.

Unless of course you're Groot in which case you can shit the bed in a postseason game and it's STILL not your fault.

I mean, that's TECHNICALLY not a falsifiable statement...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't seen anything like it before in my life.  At least not for an NFL QB.

I've seen franchise QBs play great in postseason games and then get crucified by the media when their team loses.  Meanwhile Groot has 5 INTs, 5 fumbles, and 1 passing TD that wasn't in the 4th quarter of a blowout against a prevent defense, but it's not his fault his team is 1-3 in his 4 playoff games.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, right after throwing a 101 yard pick six and taking a hard sack in the end zone...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

lol man this isn't a dig at you HK but i can't believe the cowboys are 6th on the list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kansas City Chiefs 7/1

Buffalo Bills 12/1

Green Bay Packers 15/1

Baltimore Ravens 20/1

Dallas Cowboys 20/1

New Orleans Saints 20/1

San Francisco 49ers 20/1

Seattle Seahawks 20/1

Miami Dolphins 25/1

Arizona Cardinals 30/1

Cleveland Browns 30/1

Los Angeles Rams 30/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 30/1

Indianapolis Colts 40/1

Tennessee Titans 40/1

Chicago Bears 50/1

Las Vegas Raiders 50/1

Minnesota Vikings 50/1

Philadelphia Eagles 50/1

Atlanta Falcons 60/1

Carolina Panthers 75/1

Denver Broncos 75/1

New York Giants 75/1

New York Jets 75/1

Washington Redskins 75/1

Cincinnati Bengals 100/1

Detroit Lions 100/1

Houston Texans 100/1

I can.  America's Team always has inflated odds.  Which is part of the reason I bet against them more often than I bet on them.

The ones that stood out the most to me were probably the Saints being tied for 5th, both LA teams having the same odds, and the Texans having significantly worse odds than the Jaguars.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I really don't see the Bucs beating the Pack in Green Bay in late January. Way too much going on in favor of the home team and Tampa's defense isn't really that good. It's mediocre-to-ok.

My prediction is Packers win by 17. I want to be wrong, but suspect I won't be.
View Quote

You can bet the Packers to win by 14-17 points at 9/1 odds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno.

I was going to respond to Maverick's post, but that pretty much covers it.

Though I probably would have used the Cowboys as the example instead of Howard Stern.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Funny to see how much the racism narrative is being pushed for coaching in the NFL.  No doubt there's a good ol boys club, but that's nothing new and not just the NFL.  But the one possibility that nobody seems to consider is that maybe these black coaches being interviewed just aren't good enough or don't mesh or interview well.  2-14?  Who cares as long as he the right skin color.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Though I probably would have used the Cowboys as the example instead of Howard Stern.
View Quote

For somebody who often argues the technicality of the words used, I find it interesting your so easily willing to allow your statement of "fans" to really mean "an audience."

Not that I know who has more fans or anything, I just didn't think it was as cut and dry as it was made to seem. David's points are solid though, and I'd 100% agree TB12 probably pulls a larger audience than AR12.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Funny to see how much the racism narrative is being pushed for coaching in the NFL.  No doubt there's a good ol boys club, but that's nothing new and not just the NFL.  But the one possibility that nobody seems to consider is that maybe these black coaches being interviewed just aren't good enough or don't mesh or interview well.  2-14?  Who cares as long as he the right skin color.  
View Quote

Shefter talked about Bieniemy on McAfee's show yesterday. Basically said he heard good and less good things about his interviews, but alluded to teams looking for leaders and not just gurus.

Kinda makes sense if you look at the recent hires. Most are known for being culture guys, not offensive/defensive wizards.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least this "equality" isn't risking lives.  The most insane one to me is police and firefighters.   Imagine you're a cop in a bad area knowing that instead of having a 5'10" 180+ pound guy watching your bad you have a 5'4" 130 pound woman.  Or you're a firefighter knowing your life could come down to whether a woman can carry twice her body weight out of a burning building.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

For somebody who often argues the technicality of the words used, I find it interesting your so easily willing to allow your statement of "fans" to really mean "an audience."

Not that I know who has more fans or anything, I just didn't think it was as cut and dry as it was made to seem. David's points are solid though, and I'd 100% agree TB12 probably pulls a larger audience than AR12.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said he "pretty much" covered it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I really don't see the Bucs beating the Pack in Green Bay in late January. Way too much going on in favor of the home team and Tampa's defense isn't really that good. It's mediocre-to-ok.

My prediction is Packers win by 17. I want to be wrong, but suspect I won't be.
View Quote

I’ll take the bucs +17. What do you want to wager?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

At least this "equality" isn't risking lives.  The most insane one to me is police and firefighters.   Imagine you're a cop in a bad area knowing that instead of having a 5'10" 180+ pound guy watching your bad you have a 5'4" 130 pound woman.  Or you're a firefighter knowing your life could come down to whether a woman can carry twice her body weight out of a burning building.  
View Quote

I've been on that bandwagon a while.  Reminds me of videos like this.

Body Cam: Female Deputy Shot Shoplifter's Mother Accidentally Greenville South Carolina
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Nantz and especially Romo sound like little kids on Christmas morning who got the present they had been wanting all year.

Chiefs Call GUTSY 4th Down Play to Seal Victory vs. Browns

Joe Buck is calling arguably the greatest play in Super Bowl history and he sounds like he’s reading bingo numbers at an old folk’s home.

Ny Giants - The Helmet Catch 1(Eli to David Tyree)

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Dallas Cowboys 20/1

View Quote

WTF.  I'm a homer and I can't believe those odds.  

Someone is smoking crack

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

you're not the only one
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I haven't seen anything like it before in my life.  At least not for an NFL QB.

I've seen franchise QBs play great in postseason games and then get crucified by the media when their team loses.  Meanwhile Groot has 5 INTs, 5 fumbles, and 1 passing TD that wasn't in the 4th quarter of a blowout against a prevent defense, but it's not his fault his team is 1-3 in his 4 playoff games.
View Quote

I think they are bending over backwards to avoid being Jimmy the Greeked.   Any criticism of a black athlete opens you up to charges of racism.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#29]
So, I believe salary cap is tied to revenue?  It sounds like the exact salary cap is not know for next year?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Nantz and especially Romo sound like little kids on Christmas morning who got the present they had been wanting all year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQ5tqIf1TE

Joe Buck is calling arguably the greatest play in Super Bowl history and he sounds like he’s reading bingo numbers at an old folk’s home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxiHMIM4NWI
View Quote

I was too excited to listen to Romo and Nantz at the time, but watching replays, that’s becoming one of my favorites ever...

“There’s no play, just look at the body language.”

“Oh there is a play!”

“ONLY ANDY REID...!”

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I was too excited to listen to Romo and Nantz at the time, but watching replays, that’s becoming one of my favorites ever...

“Oh there is a play!”

“ONLY ANDY REID...!”

View Quote

I got a kick out of every Browns fan screaming for targeting when they fumbled through the end zone. But only AFTER they slowed down the replay to point it out did the crying begin. Someone even had to point it out to Romo and Nance...LOL
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So, I believe salary cap is tied to revenue?  It sounds like the exact salary cap is not know for next year?
View Quote

It is, but this year being an anomaly it likely won't be. They really didn't expect there to be a dip in revenue.

The original talk was it would go down with revenue, but that's changed to talk of it staying where it's currently at instead.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

WTF.  I'm a homer and I can't believe those odds.  

Someone is smoking crack
View Quote

Remember sports book odds are based on the movement of money, not the reality of the team.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

“Oh there is a play!”

“ONLY ANDY REID...!”

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQ5tqIf1TE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxiHMIM4NWI

“Oh there is a play!”

“ONLY ANDY REID...!”

Now imagine how much the excitement of that moment would have been diminished to go from Nantz and Romo to Joe Buck calling it like a bored out of their mind McDonalds employee taking a drive thru order.

"Pass to Hill.  First down. No flags."

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Before this season, the NFL and the NFLPA agreed to take any Covid revenue losses and distribute them across 3 years salary cap, with it not going any lower than 175 million. It was originally estimated to be 210 million before Covid. A difference of 35 million and over 20 million lower than this year's cap.

Some people are still betting on TV contract money being worked out early to bring it back up. However those have been moving a little slower than originally assumed. The latest report is it is hovering around 180 million.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Before this season, the NFL and the NFLPA agreed to take any Covid revenue losses and distribute them across 3 years salary cap, with it not going any lower than 175 million. It was originally estimated to be 210 million before Covid. A difference of 35 million and over 20 million lower than this year's cap.

Some people are still betting on TV contract money being worked out early to bring it back up. However those have been moving a little slower than originally assumed. The latest report is it is hovering around 180 million.
View Quote

do we know how much revenue was lost with the empty stadiums?

i know NFL went private so it's harder to get a clear picture.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

do we know how much revenue was lost with the empty stadiums?

i know NFL went private so it's harder to get a clear picture.
View Quote

Estimated 5.5 BILLION in lost ticket sales, concessions, stadium sponsorships, merchandise and parking.

Edit: This was based on 0 fans, I know some stadiums had limited capacity which reduced the overall number, but after watching the season I am sure it is still a loss of 4+ billion.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Lets do another round of Tom Brady!

He has made it to the conference championship 14 times. This season he has completed more 20+ yard passes downfield than any of the previous 13 times. Currently at 39 (2nd most for him was 32), which is the most in the NFL this season, and his attempts match the league average. At 43 years old he leads the league in 20+ yard passes. He led the league in intended air yards per target (depth of target downfield). "Like if Jeter led the league in HR in his 20th season. Or if LeBron led in threes. Unfathomable."

As mentioned previously, Tom Brady led teams have defeated 7 (out of 8) league MVPs in the playoffs the year they won the award:
2018 Patrick Mahomes2016 Matt Ryan
2006 LaDainian Tomlinson
2004 Peyton Manning
2003 Peyton Manning
2003 Steve McNair
2001 Kurt Warner

2020 Aaron Rodgers???

Tom Brady led teams have defeated the #1 scoring offense 5 times (most by any player) in the playoffs.
2018 Chiefs
2016 Falcons
2006 Chargers
2004 Colts
2001 Rams

2020 Packers???
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

He has made it to the conference championship 14 times. This season he has completed more 20+ yard passes downfield than any of the previous 13 times. Currently at 39 (2nd most for him was 32), which is the most in the NFL this season, and his attempts match the league average. At 43 years old he leads the league in 20+ yard passes. He led the league in intended air yards per target (depth of target downfield). "Like if Jeter led the league in HR in his 20th season. Or if LeBron led in threes. Unfathomable."

As mentioned previously, Tom Brady led teams have defeated 7 (out of 8) league MVPs in the playoffs the year they won the award:
2006 LaDainian Tomlinson
2004 Peyton Manning
2003 Peyton Manning
2003 Steve McNair
2001 Kurt Warner

2020 Aaron Rodgers???

Tom Brady led teams have defeated the #1 scoring offense 5 times (most by any player) in the playoffs.
2018 Chiefs
2016 Falcons
2006 Chargers
2004 Colts
2001 Rams

2020 Packers???
View Quote

The Bucs are not the Patriots.

Should be a great game though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kansas City Chiefs 7/1

Buffalo Bills 12/1

Green Bay Packers 15/1

Baltimore Ravens 20/1

Dallas Cowboys 20/1

New Orleans Saints 20/1

San Francisco 49ers 20/1

Seattle Seahawks 20/1

Miami Dolphins 25/1

Arizona Cardinals 30/1

Cleveland Browns 30/1

Los Angeles Rams 30/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 30/1

Indianapolis Colts 40/1

Tennessee Titans 40/1

Chicago Bears 50/1

Las Vegas Raiders 50/1

Minnesota Vikings 50/1

Philadelphia Eagles 50/1

Atlanta Falcons 60/1

Carolina Panthers 75/1

Denver Broncos 75/1

New York Giants 75/1

New York Jets 75/1

Washington Redskins 75/1

Cincinnati Bengals 100/1

Detroit Lions 100/1

Houston Texans 100/1

It is likely more related to unrealistic Cowboys fans willing to bet anyway.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2006 LaDainian Tomlinson
2004 Peyton Manning
2003 Peyton Manning
2003 Steve McNair
2001 Kurt Warner

2020 Aaron Rodgers???

2018 Chiefs
2016 Falcons
2006 Chargers
2004 Colts
2001 Rams

2020 Packers???

The Bucs offensive and defensive talent this season is likely better than any single Patriot team he has ever had. They are a top 5 offense and a top 10 defense.

Leonard Fournette, Ronald Jones, LeSean McCoy
Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown
Rob Gronkowski, Cameron Brate
Ndamukong Suh, Jason Pierre Paul, Devin White, Shaquil Barrett, Carlton Davis

Their depth chart is disgustingly laden with talent. And oh yeah, they are led by Tom Brady. A top 10 QB all season Brady. Brady, who over the last 6 games is averaging 318 ypg with 16 TDs and just 1 INT.

"The Bucs are not the Patriots", well no shit. The Patriots are sitting at home, didn't even make the playoffs this year. The Bucs, on the other hand, might just be one of the most frightening wild card teams in NFL history.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Bucs offensive and defensive talent this season is likely better than any single Patriot team he has ever had. They are a top 5 offense and a top 10 defense.

Their depth chart is disgustingly laden with talent. And oh yeah, they are led by Tom Brady. A top 10 QB all season Brady. Brady, who over the last 6 games is averaging 318 ypg with 16 TDs and just 1 INT.

"The Bucs are not the Patriots", well no shit. The Patriots are sitting at home, didn't even make the playoffs this year. The Bucs, on the other hand, might just be one of the most frightening wild card teams in NFL history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2006 LaDainian Tomlinson
2004 Peyton Manning
2003 Peyton Manning
2003 Steve McNair
2001 Kurt Warner

2020 Aaron Rodgers???

2018 Chiefs
2016 Falcons
2006 Chargers
2004 Colts
2001 Rams

2020 Packers???

I'm not sure about that. The Patriots fielded some monster defenses in the dynasty years, and Brady has never won it all with a defense ranked below #8.

I'd have mixed feelings about facing Brady at this point. He's not as good as he once was, but he can be as good once as he ever was.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm not sure about that. The Patriots fielded some monster defenses in the dynasty years, and Brady has never won it all with a defense ranked below #8.

I'd have mixed feelings about facing Brady at this point. He's not as good as he once was, but he can be as good once as he ever was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2006 LaDainian Tomlinson
2004 Peyton Manning
2003 Peyton Manning
2003 Steve McNair
2001 Kurt Warner

2020 Aaron Rodgers???

2018 Chiefs
2016 Falcons
2006 Chargers
2004 Colts
2001 Rams

2020 Packers???

Good thing the Bucs defense are #8.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2006 LaDainian Tomlinson
2004 Peyton Manning
2003 Peyton Manning
2003 Steve McNair
2001 Kurt Warner

2020 Aaron Rodgers???

2018 Chiefs
2016 Falcons
2006 Chargers
2004 Colts
2001 Rams

2020 Packers???

Brady actually has a better supporting cast than he usually did when he was pulling off those feats with the Patriots.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll give you "offensive" talent, but the Patriots have had numerous teams with better defenses than this year's Bucs. Off the top of my head, I'd put '03, '04, '07, '14, and '18 ahead of them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

“Oh there is a play!”

“ONLY ANDY REID...!”

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Big balls Andy has lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'll give you "offensive" talent, but the Patriots have had numerous teams with better defenses than this year's Bucs. Off the top of my head, I'd put '03, '04, '07, '14, and '18 ahead of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could have phrased it better, but I was insinuating top to bottom, this Bucs team all around (O and D combined) has more talent than any previous Patriot team.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

2006 LaDainian Tomlinson
2004 Peyton Manning
2003 Peyton Manning
2003 Steve McNair
2001 Kurt Warner

2020 Aaron Rodgers???

2018 Chiefs
2016 Falcons
2006 Chargers
2004 Colts
2001 Rams

2020 Packers???
View Quote

Which league MVP beat him?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Which league MVP beat him?
View Quote

iirc peyton with the broncos.

i think bill really blew that game, too. he kept going for it on 4th and short instead of kicking flied goals that would've given the pats the lead.

i know shoulda woulda coulda and all and if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle....
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

iirc peyton with the broncos.

i think bill really blew that game, too. he kept going for it on 4th and short instead of kicking flied goals that would've given the pats the lead.

i know shoulda woulda coulda and all and if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle....
View Quote

That sounds right.
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top