Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 138
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Brock Osweiler to throw more interceptions than touchdowns tonight at +0.5 looks pretty solid to me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The $72M QB finished was 22/41 with 131 yards for an average of 3.2 yard per attempt.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The $72M QB finished was 22/41 with 131 yards for an average of 3.2 yard per attempt.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cu8FIXiVMAEKkXo.jpg

My friend went to the Colts/Texans game last week and was one of the fans that left early.  He told me on the way home he was listening to the game on the radio and when Texans won the game the Texans announcer said "Houston, we have a quarterback."
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]

It was that kind of game I guess lol

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It was that kind of game I guess lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvlgD-pUsAAihQD.jpg
View All Quotes

the fuck is wrong with my fav team man!?!?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:54:51 AM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's what yo get when you don't even interview a guy and hand him $72 mil.. fucking crazy
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 2:45:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

that's what yo get when you don't even interview a guy and hand him $72 mil.. fucking crazy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with local companies here.

There is this Texas based grocery store chain called "HEB" and shortly after Osweiler signed with the Texans they signed him to be one of their spokesmen in over a dozen commercials. There is rarely a commercial break during a football game (especially a Texans' game) without seeing Osweiler advertising their store.

So now they basically paid millions of dollars to have what is turning out to be one of the biggest free agent busts in recent memory (and someone that more and more Texans fans are getting sick and tired of) advertise their product.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dan Snyder
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:01:33 AM EDT
[#11]
At least Scott Mitchell won a few games in Detroit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Dan Snyder
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dan Snyder

Even when he tries to do the right thing it still goes to shit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Current MVP odds:

Tom Brady 7/5

David Johnson 8/1

Ezekiel Elliot 10/1

Aaron Rodgers 12/1

Matt Ryan 12/1

Andrew Luck 15/1

Ben Roethlisberger 20/1

Dak Prescott 20/1

Russell Wilson 20/1

Von Miller 20/1

Philip Rivers 25/1

Julio Jones 30/1

Derek Carr 40/1

LeVeon Bell 40/1

Antonio Brown 50/1

Cam Newton 50/1

Matt Stafford 50/1

Sam Bradford 50/1
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#17]
A few days after head coach Ben McAdoo said the Giants would stand behind Josh Brown and wouldn't turn their backs on him the kicker has been released from the team.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#20]

You knew there was a reason Denver let him walk.  When Houston signed him I told my Texan fan friends it was a desperation move by the gm and they agreed. Houston has a terrible gm.

It was a great move for Ossweilder business wise. I hope he's saving his money because he's not doing to see year three of that deal.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You knew there was a reason Denver let him walk.  When Houston signed him I told my Texan fan friends it was a desperation move by the gm and they agreed. Houston has a terrible gm.
  It was a great move for Ossweilder business wise. I hope he's saving his money because he's not doing to see year three of that deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

To be fair though, Denver was only offering him $1-2M less per year so it's not like Elway knew he was going to be this bad.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

To be fair though, Denver was only offering him $1-2M less per year so it's not like Elway knew he was going to be this bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was more a move out of spite than money, too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it was out of spite as well but you can't blame him for taking the extra money and running.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:17:27 PM EDT
[#24]
It's too bad Tebow is playing baseball.  I bet he could get a job with the Browns about now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Denver would have been a much friendlier team for him to settle in on. #1 defense, GM is a HoF QB, etc. That extra few mil is looking mighty worthless right now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think Denver would have been a much friendlier team for him to settle in on. #1 defense, GM is a HoF QB, etc. That extra few mil is looking mighty worthless right now.
View Quote

That's true, but Houston (minus the QB position) is a still an above average-good team and if he sucks this much playing on the Texans it's unlikely the result would be significantly better playing for the Broncos.  

What cracks me up is Osweiler is using "I'm still getting use to playing with these guys" as an excuse for why he is statistically one of the worse starting QB's in the NFL.  He looks even more foolish saying that considering 225 miles north rookie Dak Prescott is leading the NFL in QBR and Osweiler singed with Texans before Prescott was even in the NFL.

My Texan friend brought up that it's too bad they signed Osweiler because otherwise Houston would be a perfect landing spot for Tony Romo.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#27]
During the Broncos' Monday night game against the Texans DeMarcus Ware's house was burglarized and his Super Bowl ring was stolen.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

During the Broncos' Monday night game against the Texans DeMarcus Ware's house was burglarized and his Super Bowl ring was stolen.

View Quote
I bet it's  someone he knows

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#29]
For the first time since suffering a compression fracture in his back on August 25 Tony Romo was on the practice field throwing with the team today.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Was it an interception?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the first time since suffering a compression fracture in his back on August 25 Tony Romo was on the practice field throwing with the team today.

Was it an interception?

Considering his past two seasons no active QB had a better TD/INT ratio, I'm going to guess "no."
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Considering his past two seasons no active QB had a better TD/INT ratio, I'm going to guess "no."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was it an interception?

Say what? Where's my BS flag.

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady might have some questions on that one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should have been "TD/INT differential."  Not "TD/INT ratio."

2013-2014 Romo threw 65 touchdowns and 19 interceptions.  The only player with a better differential during that time was Peyton Manning.

Aaron Rodgers had 55 TD's and 11 INT's.

Tom Brady had 58 TD's and 20 INT's.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#34]
And speaking of Brady and Manning...

"You're talking about two guys that could potentially be like a Brady and Peyton rivalry. The only difference is, you're going to get this two times a year, and possibly playoffs."

- Eagles receiver Jordan Matthews talking about Carson Wentz and Dak Prescott.
View Quote

They have each played a grand total of 6 regular season NFL games (with Wentz currently ranked in the bottom 3 in the NFL in QBR) and we're already getting Brady/Manning comparisons.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#36]

"I'm expecting FitzMagic 2.0, that's what I'm expecting," said Marshall, alluding to the quarterback's career year in 2015. "We need it right now."

And if the T-shirt doesn't work, Marshall has another idea to create good karma.

"We need to cut that damn beard," he said. "He did the same thing last year, right? Let's see if we can get this beard cut and see if it works."

It worked last year. When Fitzpatrick trimmed his bushy beard, the team went on a five-game winning streak.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Small-time thieves targeting upscale houses. Denver popo have them in custody today based on the in-home security camera footage, no mention if the ring has been recovered.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/26/demarcus-ware-effect-denver-broncos-mark-kiszla/

Denver police have apprehended the suspects, whose naively unsuspecting faces were captured on a surveillance camera during the burglary.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Mystery still surrounds Broncos starting running back CJ Anderson's knee injury.  Some reports said it's a bone bruise.  Some reports are that he's told people close to him that he's out for the season.  Anderson posted on Twitter that the report he was done for the season was false, but then he deleted the tweet.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Sloppy game by both teams in Pittsburg.  At least the Steelers had an excuse with Ben out, but it was like watching the Browns play the Browns.
View Quote
The Browns offense would kick the Browns defenses ass.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sloppy game by both teams in Pittsburg.  At least the Steelers had an excuse with Ben out, but it was like watching the Browns play the Browns.

As much as the O Line sucks I have to agree with this. (assuming they have a QB still able to stand!)

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#41]

that's funny
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F1026%2Fr145319_400x600_2%2D3.jpg&w=267

"I'm expecting FitzMagic 2.0, that's what I'm expecting," said Marshall, alluding to the quarterback's career year in 2015. "We need it right now."

And if the T-shirt doesn't work, Marshall has another idea to create good karma.

"We need to cut that damn beard," he said. "He did the same thing last year, right? Let's see if we can get this beard cut and see if it works."

It worked last year. When Fitzpatrick trimmed his bushy beard, the team went on a five-game winning streak.

i can't believe he hasn't gone apeshit yet
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mystery still surrounds Broncos starting running back CJ Anderson's knee injury.  Some reports said it's a bone bruise.  Some reports are that he's told people close to him that he's out for the season.  Anderson posted on Twitter that the report he was done for the season was false, but then he deleted the tweet.
View Quote

Now reports are that Anderson has meniscus damage in his right knee and is out indefinitely.

If it's a partial tear then it would mean missing about 4-5 weeks.

If it's a full tear then his season is done.

They should find out later today.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#44]
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/10/27/13434732/george-fant-seattle-seahawks-offensive-tackle-starting-bradley-sowell

"The Seahawks’ new starting left tackle hasn’t started a football game since Pee Wee league"

The Seattle Seahawks have had issues along the offensive line, but nothing puts it in perspective quite like the team’s new starting left tackle, who has never started at the position in his life and hasn’t even started a football game since he was in a youth league.

If George Fant does get the nod for the Seahawks against the New Orleans Saints in Week 8 — as it looks like he will with Bradley Sowell nursing an MCL sprain — it will be his first time starting a football game since he played Pee Wee football as a kid in his hometown of Cincinnati.

He’s already seen time in four games as a reserve, and stepped in against the Cardinals when Sowell went down. Unsurprisingly, his matchup against Chandler Jones and the Arizona defense didn’t go very well. He earned one of the lowest grades of the week from Pro Football Focus and was credited with allowing one hit, two hurries, and he picked up a holding penalty.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Now reports are that Anderson has meniscus damage in his right knee and is out indefinitely.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They have been saying all day that he's out the rest of the year.  Already on ir.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They have been saying all day that he's out the rest of the year.  Already on ir.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some sources have been saying that.  As of the posting others were still saying "out indefinitely" with no exact timetable.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#47]
The NFL's TV ratings are down and the World Series suggests the presidential election is not the biggest culprit

So, if the presidential election is not the biggest reason for the NFL's decline, what is the explanation? Others have blamed poor matchups, a decline in the quality of the product, an increase in other entertainment options, and even just a natural correction that was inevitable for something so immensely popular.
View Quote

Weird how all these hand wringing articles on NFL ratings decline hardly ever mention that perhaps it's their new favorite player that might be the culprit.

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The NFL's TV ratings are down and the World Series suggests the presidential election is not the biggest culprit

Weird how all these hand wringing articles on NFL ratings decline hardly ever mention that perhaps it's their new favorite player that might be the culprit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So, if the presidential election is not the biggest reason for the NFL's decline, what is the explanation? Others have blamed poor matchups, a decline in the quality of the product, an increase in other entertainment options, and even just a natural correction that was inevitable for something so immensely popular.

We have been assured by the talking heads at ESPN/NFL Network/et al that this can't possibly be the reason.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#49]
The Jaguars are fugly.

and I'm not talking about the deli mustard uniforms either.

That's some shitty football there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The Jaguars are fugly.

and I'm not talking about the deli mustard uniforms either.

That's some shitty football there.
View Quote

Yeah, they are playing like shit.
Still watching though, not sure why.

24-zip.
Page / 138
Top Top