Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#1]
M1 Garand bayonet in a home made sheath sewed inside of my field jacket years ago
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Broken beer bottle...

Went jogging with my dog, decided to jog down a dirt road near my house. The fact that a white Ford Explorer with shiny rims decided to drive ever so slightly behind me.. well made me wish I had some sort of weapon. So bend down to "tie shoe" (command dog to sit, obstructing the view of said Explorer), and hello mr. broken corona bottle. Nothing happened.. for which I'm greatful.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
A Keltec PLR-16
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]
a timing chain,rapped with duct tape everywhere but the rounded ends.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Big maglight half full of coins.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I once carried a LeMat revolver. Long story.

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Pointy scissors.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#8]
36cal cap and ball revolver.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#9]
ASP and dagger, illegal as shit too. Probably would have done more time if I had gotten caught than if I had been carrying a gun with KTW ammo.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

As far as sneaky, hard-to-detect weapons go, I like solidly-made, metal shishkebab grilling skewers. Do you know what I'm talking about? They're long, skinny, sharp, and hard to detect.
http://www.bakedeco.com/images/description/ShishKebabSkewers440.jpg   <––-these aren't ideal (I like the square or round ones better for rigidity) but you get the idea. I poked a hole in the bottom of that extra pocket in a pair of Levi's and would let the skewer hang down through that.

http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/images/SKEWERS_BAMBOO1.jpg

I also keep some wooden ones around just in case.

Besides that, I've carried switchblades, flick-knives, a straight razor I bought at a sketchy store in Shawnee, brass knuckles, a bike chain, thin wire wrapped around a couple of sticks, and various other improvised weapons.

The weirdest things I've ever carried as emergency improvised weapons were a piece of very sharp flint of just the right size to be gripped in the hand and used and a Coke can that I tore into a long shred and "folded" into a knife-like weapon.

You must lead an interesting life. All I've ever carried has been a knife or gun.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#12]
pencils... hard to avoid an er trip with half a pencil in you...

12" c wrench
screw driver
break cleaner

magazine wrapped in a rubber band. (thanks bourn)

keys on a lanyard.

flew into montana and slept outside a bus station before the next leg of my trip. tucked a sog seal team knife in my hoody for the night...
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#13]
ParaOrdnance P14-45. No a small gun to CCW.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Tube sock with a padlock.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When I rode a motorcycle, I used to keep a few big steel hex nuts in the left hand pocket of my jacket.

For warning people who were following waaaaaaaaayyyyyy tooooooo close.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#16]
There appears to be two interpretations going here, the oldest and the oddest.  The oldest for me is a 1907 Colt Pocket pistol.  The oddest is a pad lock tied to the end of a bandanna in my back pocket.  The bandanna was the most deadly at close range.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#17]

springfield XD
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#18]
2' piece of 500MCM
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#19]
One of those short CPU to monitor power cords that's only 20" long that let you run the monitor off of the CPU's second outlet on the power supply (from when they used to have them). Up the sleeve of a jacket like a Sjambock.

Like this one, but a bit longer. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10228&cs_id=1022804&p_id=1302&seq=1&format=2
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Toted a military pen flare and Kabar. Ingram M-11.
Traveling around the planet I've carried about anything handy that would do me some good in a tight spot.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Piece of chain with a padlock at each end.

Hell's Angels style.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I once carried a LeMat revolver. Long story.

http://johno.myiglou.com/images/lemat1.jpg

Cpt. Redleg

You, sir, are my new hero

IWB?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Does it count if I was simply transporting it to wnere I was going to use ity? If so, a 4 foot blowgun. Came apart into two pieces, put one piece up each jacket sleeve and darts in back pocket. Would go under a bridge north of my apartment and kill pigeons all night.

As for carrying for defensive reasons? Large(almost 2 inch) great white shark's tooth on a necklace. Razor sharp and since it was on a leather necklace instead of metal it defeated metal detectors very nicely. Properly positioned between two knuckles and an attacker would have a lot of regrets in a short time. Never had to use it and was never questioned as to why I was wering a shark's tooth.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I OCed a  re curve bow and quiver (only 6 broad heads though) through the ghetto of Spokane-istan Washington. the guys at the fire station wouldn't open up the door to give me directions to my friends house until I stepped back and set my bags down to prove I was alone. That clued me in that I was in a SHITTY and I asked what the state laws on OC were(didn't have my CCW for Washington). I had a great walk with an arrow notched, arm guard on while I walked the next 4 miles, but only saw one person and they as scared as I was.

Right after I got my CCW, I carried a Walther p22 with a 3 inch barrel because a 9mm Smith and Wesson sigma was HUGE and everybody would see that I was carrying...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top