Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Good grief.  Someone sent her an email suggesting that she work on her weight and that she isn't portraying a healthy body image, and she makes it a big public spectacle and calls it bullying?  Yeah, she's got a lot of issues.

The best part was "Bulemia is a real problem!"
I'm gonna go ahead and say it, obesity is a bigger problem then bulemia.

Get it? A bigger problem.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
She remained quite composed. I thought she was going to start to blubber.

yup....I see it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]

How ironic, she's a thin skinned motherfucker! the viewer was making a vlid point, rude? perhaps a little, but valid and accurate none the less.

She needs to get the fuck over it, maybe transfer some of her angst towards getting healthier?
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread should be re-titled, "If your an asshole and enjoy posting hurtful things anonymously to compensate for the size of your cock and other physical inadequacies, have we got a thread for you!"

Somebody seems to be taking this thread personally and with a large order of fries.

Damnit dude...I have no paper towels to wipe the diet Mountain Dew off my screen with.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I work with a bunch of land whales.

Always bitching that they can't lose weight, yet waddle into work everyday with bags of junk food they consume every day, all day at their desk.

I was getting heavier and heavier for years.  Finally my loving wife signed us up at the local Rec Center and we take turns going each day.  Now with exercise I've been losing a little weight each week.  It boils down to discipline and effort.  Those landwhales need to apply the same.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Hundreds and hundreds of people have done their best to lift my spirit

It'd take a lot of people to lift anything of hers.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good grief.  Someone sent her an email suggesting that she work on her weight and that she isn't portraying a healthy body image, and she makes it a big public spectacle and calls it bullying?  Yeah, she's got a lot of issues.

The best part was "Bulemia is a real problem!"
I'm gonna go ahead and say it, obesity is a bigger problem then bulemia.

Get it? A bigger problem.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Just the way GD likes'em.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

So....let me get this straight.....

She gets into a Facebook spat with some random guy who calls her fat. She gets her husband and friends to jump in a stupid Facebook spat. Then goes on TV to rant about it.

How old are these fucking clowns?

And this is but one of many reasons I shut off my television.  There is little reported on local news TV that is worth my time, easier to filter it from headlines online.

Seriously, I couldn't care less if a news anchor is fat.  I'm far more interested to know they are doing a good job at presenting news with minimal bias.  Sadly, that's a dead art in our society.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How ironic, she's a thin skinned motherfucker! the viewer was making a vlid point, rude? perhaps a little, but valid and accurate none the less.

She needs to get the fuck over it, maybe transfer some of her angst towards getting healthier?

In your opinion, what was the valid point he made?  That only skinny, beautiful people should be on TV so that all young girls have realistic standards to live up to?  That fat people shouldn't have jobs even in offices that have windows where they might be seen by the outside world?  That her physical condition is anybody's business but her own?
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fat chance she will.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Interesting quote, "Obesity is one of the worst choices a person can make."

In the continuum of health-related decisions, it's better than injecting heroin but it's far worse that smoking.

Smoking, I'll remind you, is a formerly lawful activity that our society has demonized to the point where individuals see no problem supporting overbearing legislation criminalizing the activity.
They say it's for public health reasons, but the truth of it is that they simply don't like being around people who smoke.  So they passed a bunch of laws to get it away from where they typically observe.

I ask you, how long until liberals decide they don't like seeing fat people?
How long until they ban fatty foods or sugary drinks?  Rhetorical, I'll get this one.

Fact is, her days as a fattie are as numbered as a gun owner in the 80s or a smoker in the 90s.
The next social demons are freedom to travel (via fuel restrictions) and freedom of choice when it comes to food.
Not too far behind is freedom of speech, since the fiasco of Net Neutrality and internet taxation is all but predestined.

Now, perhaps, like alcohol drinkers before them, gun owners, smokers, car enthusiasts, fatties, and bloggers might someday return to some semblance of normalcy.  

But if history is any teacher, it's going to take a decade-long period of full retard to get there.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Delete "Fat people" and insert any of the following...

Conservative
Gun owner
Church goer
Constitutionalist
Wealthy.

Not so funny now huh?

My point is that society "goes after" a group of people today,
but tomorrow it might be your group.

Seen it done with smokers, now its fat people. What next?
Red headed people?  

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank god for the invention of widescreen.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

"I am much more than a number on a scale"

Exactly, you a big ass number on a scale.

I was scrolling through the comments with the vid playing in the background.  Your comment came up exactly as she said that quote.  Fucking perfect.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#16]
asshole: "does it hurt to be fucking fat?"

fat lady: "does it hurt being an asshole?"

asshole: "...you're fucking fat"

fat lady: "your words mean nothing ot me, but that made me feel bad.  racist"

asshole:

win: asshole.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Let us not forget that DDs also refer to Dunkin Donuts.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread should be re-titled, "If your an asshole and enjoy posting hurtful things anonymously to compensate for the size of your cock and other physical inadequacies, have we got a thread for you!"

Somebody seems to be taking this thread personally and with a large order of fries.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#19]
She was about to cry.

Poor land whale.

We should all contribute a box of twinkies to make her feel better.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#20]
she is a lard ass.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd let her eat my tube steak.

ETA: love it

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So why doesn't she just lose some weight?

It would cut into her eating time?

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#23]
We're all friends in the dark.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't really notice news people, I tend to listen to it more than I watch.
But since she brings it up, part of her job is to be appealing to the masses, and nice to look at.  If she was an accountant, no one would give a shit.
I'm sick of this "acceptance"trend.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#25]
"your words mean nothing to me, but they anger me" Hmmmm. Obviously meant something to garner a reaction and the thought out time consuming retort
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
But since she brings it up, part of her job is to be appealing to the masses, and nice to look at.  If she was an accountant, no one would give a shit.

Her job is defined by her employer.  If they deem her fit to represent their station, I give a shit what she looks like.  I can always turn the channel.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Not watching the news unless the show is stocked with hot chicks. Why tolerate some fatbody reading news to me when I can just skim the news on Drudge instead?

Nah uh. My time is valuable, and news channels need to bribe me with hotties to get me to tune in. Otherwise, I'll stick to online news.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Conservative
Gun owner
Church goer
Constitutionalist
Wealthy.

Not so funny now huh?

Red headed people?  

Society wasn't making a public issue of the fat newsperson.  She took an email and blew it up into a much bigger issue.

Now the whole thing is weightier than how it started.  Perhaps she should mentally chew on that thought for a while.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I only "care" about fatties when they're blocking my path on the Metro or otherwise being annoyingly fat in my presence.

Other than that, I only care when it annoys them because that's funny.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The station gave her four minutes to respond to an anonymous email?  That's like, long enough to grill a steak.

...and deep fry some Twinkies.

John
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Just because you have the chiseled body of Perseus, doesn't mean we all can be like that

Skype again pls?
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

There is very little in this thread personally directed at her.  Many of the replies are simply a game as to who can make the most witty fat joke/play on words.  It has nothing to do with her as a person.  And by the way, you just called a whole bunch of fellow arfcommers assholes, with small dicks, and other physical deficiencies.  I guess the anonymity that this site provides makes it OK though.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is that a twinkie in her pocket?

She's just glad to see you.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fat chance she will.

Who knows.  She just needs to keep her chins up.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#35]
umm she's fat...
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#36]
It's a huge problem in this country.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've never understood the obsession people have with griping about how other people look.  Talk about *issues.*
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is very little in this thread personally directed at her.  Many of the replies are simply a game as to who can make the most witty fat joke/play on words.  It has nothing to do with her as a person.  And by the way, you just called a whole bunch of fellow arfcommers assholes, with small dicks, and other physical deficiencies.  I guess the anonymity that this site provides makes it OK though.

Lol, but calling the woman in the video names is cool. I got news for you, some fellow Arfcommers are assholes.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rolling here too!  I have no sympathy for Newswhale.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#40]
She should have compared weight to homosexuality, not race.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#41]
The email sounds like it came from my HR director.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Conservative
Gun owner
Church goer
Constitutionalist
Wealthy.

Not so funny now huh?

Red headed people?  

Dude, no one is going to ban fat asses. Alot of smart people are overweight. They study and work hard and don't have time for the gym. No one would give a shit if she was doing your taxes or educating your children.
She's on TV.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Her vagina is not obese.  

It isn't handicapped either.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In your opinion, what was the valid point he made?  That only skinny, beautiful people should be on TV so that all young girls have realistic standards to live up to?  That fat people shouldn't have jobs even in offices that have windows where they might be seen by the outside world?  That her physical condition is anybody's business but her own?

I'm absolutely not a person who thinks everyone in the media/entertainment industry need to be Victorias Secret models,! but if you're preaching, you need to be praciticing! I don't give two shits personally if someone is obese/overweight, it's a lifestyle and their own business, but if you put yourself out there, and tout yourself as a mentor to young people (girls), then be a bit more responsible in terms of your own personal choices.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've never understood the obsession people have with griping about how other people look.  Talk about *issues.*
When obamacare kicks in, it will be just more than sweating profusely sitting in an air conditioned office. It will be everyone footing the healthcare dollars these overweight people eat up.

<snicker>eat up</snicker>
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rolling here too!  I have no sympathy for Newswhale.

The irony here is that FoxyHuntress is a teeny thing.  You don't have to embody certain characteristics to think *joking* about them is rude.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#48]
I  smiled when she said she has "thick skin, literally and figuratively".  She seems to have her head together.

I think it is just the station trying to get their PSA time in for Bullying awareness week.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#49]
I kept waiting for the button on her jacket to pop off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Must have been a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal slow news day.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top