BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We have a rabid Obama suporter in our office. I just put a bottle of KY on his desk with a print out of this story.

Way to use post 308, man.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The spin is going on right now.

SPIN, SPIN, SPIN.    

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/03/white-house-obama-committed-shielding-middle-class-tax-hike/

White House Says No New Taxes for Middle Class

TheWhite House dismisses as "hypothetical back and forth" suggestions bytop economic advisers Sunday that middle-class families could see a taxhike.

President Obama is committed to making sure middle class families do not see a tax increase, White House Press Secretary      Robert Gibbs said Monday, after two top economic officials seemed to leave the door open to such a tax hike.

"Thepresident's clear commitment is not to raise taxes on those making lessthan $250,000 a year," Gibbs said, repeating Obama's pledge from thepresidential campaign.

That was after Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner suggested Sunday that taxes      increases are inevitable.

"Wewill not get this economy back on track, recovery will be not strongand sustained, unless we ... can convince the American people thatwe're going to have the will to bring these deficits down once recoveryis firmly established," Geithner said on ABC's "This Week."

Asked point blank whether it was right to suggest      it is a matter of when, not if, taxes will be raised, Geithner responded, "It is absolutely right."

National Economic      Council President Larry Summers also did not rule out future increases on CBS' "Face the Nation."

Gibbs,though, dismissed the comments as part of a "hypothetical back andforth" that Geithner and Summers allowed themselves to engage in.

"Promising      that everybody's going to be on message may be a bar that's too high for me to leap over," Gibbs said.

Peppered with      reporters' questions on the topic, he repeatedly said that despite the Sunday comments the president has been "clear" that      he intends to shield middle-class families from a tax hike.

"I am reiterating the president's clear commitment      in the clearest terms possible that he's not raising taxes on those who make less than $250,000 a year," he said.

But      some Republicans contend Obama already has broken his pledge not to raise taxes on the middle class.

Republicanson the tax-writing House Ways and Means Committee on Monday released alist of six programs and proposals they claim would raise taxes on themiddle class –– including the tobacco tax hike and proposals to includecoverage mandates in health care reform legislation.

"After only six months as president, (Obama) and congressional Democrats have repeatedly violated      this pledge" not to raise taxes on middle-class families, Republicans said in a memo.

Thediscussion over future tax increases comes as the deficit is expectedto hit $1.8 trillion next year. With spending still planned for a $1trillion, 10-year health care reform plan, officials say something willhave to be done to keep the deficit and national debt from growingwider.

Gibbs said Obama is committed to cutting wasteful spending to help achieve that goal.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#3]
spin baby

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/03/white-house-obama-committed-shielding-middle-class-tax-hike/
"I am reiterating the president's clear commitment      in the clearest terms possible that he's not raising taxes on those who make less than $250,000 a year," he said.

He's telling the strict literal truth.  As part of the Executive branch, HE cannot raise (or lower) taxes on anyone.  I wonder how his spin doctors would wiggle out of it if asked, point-blank, "will he, come hell or high water, VETO any bill inconsistent with that campaign promise?"

Not that raising taxes on the top 5% is justifiable, either.  "Let's just squeeze the productive class that CREATES jobs a little harder.  They won't miss it."
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Haha!!
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have a rabid Obama suporter in our office. I just put a bottle of KY on his desk with a print out of this story.

The only thing with that is a lot of those retard Obongo supporters actually want to pay more taxes.
I know one, everytime I hear him say we don't pay enough taxes I want to go medieval on him.

Holyshit our Obongo suporter went ape shit. He launched the KY across the office and threatened to "sue" if he found out who did it. Me and the other are rolling on the floor laughing. The only female in the office today just put some Midol on his desk. I need to get a camera asap.

My co-worker had to take a 2 lunch to calm down from the KY and Midol. He aplogized for his behavior and then asked if anyone else wanted to aplogize for their behavior. We all laughed and one co-worked asked if Obama-care would pay for his sex change.

Looks like we are all getting EEO refresher training.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haha!!
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing with that is a lot of those retard Obongo supporters actually want to pay more taxes.
I know one, everytime I hear him say we don't pay enough taxes I want to go medieval on him.

Holyshit our Obongo suporter went ape shit. He launched the KY across the office and threatened to "sue" if he found out who did it. Me and the other are rolling on the floor laughing. The only female in the office today just put some Midol on his desk. I need to get a camera asap.

My co-worker had to take a 2 lunch to calm down from the KY and Midol. He aplogized for his behavior and then asked if anyone else wanted to aplogize for their behavior. We all laughed and one co-worked asked if Obama-care would pay for his sex change.

He went ballistic and needed a 2nd lunch break to recover?

Maybe the next thing you should put on his desk is some Vagisil.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#8]
But ... BUt ... BUT ... The One said he wouldn't just the rich
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
WASHINGTON – Two of President Barack Obama's economic heavyweights said middle-class taxes might have to go up to pare budget deficits or to pay for the proposed overhaul of the nation's health care system.

The tough talk from Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and National Economic Council Director Lawrence Summers on Sunday capped a week that brought rare good news for the economy: The worst recession in the United States since World War II could be on the verge of ending. Even so, officials appeared willing to extend unemployment benefits.

Geithnerand Summers both sidestepped questions on Obama's intentions abouttaxes. Geithner said the White House was not ready to rule out a taxhike to reduce the federal deficit; Summers said Obama's proposedhealth care overhaul needs funding from somewhere.

"Thereis a lot that can happen over time," Summers said, adding that theadministration believes "it is never a good idea to absolutely rulethings out, no matter what."

The news media is constantly trumpeting that the recession has hit bottom, or is slowing etc etc. GM is going to lay off another 20,000 people. And the full force of the dealer closing haven't hit yet, probably 4th quarter 2009 and 1st  quarter 2010. I predict that we are in for an awful Christmas this year.

The "rich," anyone that works for a living.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#10]
You're quite right.  Just like when Bill Clintoon raised taxes.  You were rich if you made over $37,000.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just about to tell the wife we need to quit our jobs.

Fuck it.  Between all the sales taxes, state taxes, user fees, service fees, food taxes, federal income taxes, state income taxes, and all the other hands digging in my wallet we don't get shit to show for it.

I'm tired of paying for everybody else that doesn't work or feels like riding on someone else's labor.    

+1

If you can't beat 'em––join 'em.  

+1...but I'd still like to beat them...with my bare hands.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Wouldn't be surprised to see them wait until s/p 2010 elections to spike taxes.  Then again, they don't seem particularly concerned about public perception of gov't healthcare despite the drop in opinion polls, as they're still forging ahead to foist it onto our backs.

The 2010 elections will be a defining moment in this country.  This fail-train will either be halted (toss certain D's & R's out), or more coal will be shoveled into the furnace to make it run faster towards the cliff (keep same D's & R's in office to hand out more "free" stuff).
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, well, well.  

I am surprised though, not that he is going to do despite campaigning otherwise, but because of how quickly it is going down.  I didn't expect it for at least a few more years.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#14]
this is too good

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Haha!!

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He went ballistic and needed a 2nd lunch break to recover?

Maybe the next thing you should put on his desk is some Vagisil.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top