BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If they think this is offensive, someone needs to tell them about the Obama brand fried chicken fingers...no, silly mods, that isnt a racist joke, I saw it on Fox News.

I'd seen this on DRUDGE also, quite a stink if I remember. I guess one needs dessert after ones meal though?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think there was something lost in the translation, not intended to be racist, like Jackie calling NObama "Schwarzer", meaning a male black person, not the derogatory word "Neger".  However, the Germans have a sweet treat called "Negerküsschen", little chunks of chocolate over vanilla ice cream.

Yeah, in Denmark there's a type of soft marshmellowy thing covered with chocolate that is called "Negerboller" which means "negro-buns" or something similar to that  (doesn't translate well).  But in a country that basically had no black people at all, it's not intended to be racist or derogatory at all, just a funny name, and maybe a little old-fashioned and clueless in the 21st century, but not mean-spritited.

There are a lot of perfectly innocent snacks that get mis-interpreted by dirty minded Americans.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think there was something lost in the translation, not intended to be racist, like Jackie calling NObama "Schwarzer", meaning a male black person, not the derogatory word "Neger".  However, the Germans have a sweet treat called "Negerküsschen", little chunks of chocolate over vanilla ice cream.

Yeah, in Denmark there's a type of soft marshmellowy thing covered with chocolate that is called "Negerboller" which means "negro-buns" or something similar to that  (doesn't translate well).  But in a country that basically had no black people at all, it's not intended to be racist or derogatory at all, just a funny name, and maybe a little old-fashioned and clueless in the 21st century, but not mean-spritited.

Negro just means black in many languages. Like Negra-Modelo (black model) beer, its really good by the way.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#4]

http://picnicb.ciao.com/de/165715671.jpg
 [/quote]

Well. I was gonna make a smart assed joke to go along with the chicken fingers...........

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I bet it's full of shit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]

It didn't take long for the world to show what they really think of Obama.

Just out of curiosity, any products like this made for Bush?

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It comes in a purple wrapper too, those racist Russians...

They also wash it down with some Purple Drank!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#10]
its not funny you guys are just a bunch of 87s

note the number is slyly changed to avoid the MODS
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:04:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Group buy?

I'm in!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top