Link Posted: 11/15/2007 7:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
First rule of Fight Club.

I haven't a clue.
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Oops. Religion forum. Sorry, thought I was in good ole GD.
Link Posted: 11/15/2007 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't have one right now....haven't in years.

Well, go tell the bishop that you want one.  Ask how you can serve the Lord and the Ward.

It would help if I went back to church...

I've been a little inactive for the past little while.

Yeah being at church does help.  I think Killswitch would be good in the nursery.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess you and I know which is the church's most important calling?

In addition to home teacher, I'm also a finance clerk.

height=8
Quoted:
Home teacher.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Recently released as 2nd Counselor in YM.
I had very little opportunity to actually participate in anything as I am very busy w/ military right now.
I'm debating requesting another calling, but I can't think of anything compatible with my schedule.

Hometeacher
I also sing in the ward choir
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#6]
EQ Sec.

Love it.

(Kidding. They dropped me from Gospel Essentials teacher to be a secretary. Let's just say this doesn't play to my strengths.)
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ward Welfare/Emergency Preparedness Coordinator.

The bishop keeps telling me I can't do a firearms orientation for my emergency preparedness presentation....

+1 here  

+2

In my last ward, I was the first counselor in the bishopric.  I had previously done some weapons training with the YM.  When the bishop heard about that, he asked me to do a private lesson/demo with him, his wife, and one other couple in the ward.  It turned out well - the other guy had some real-life experiences in gunfights ( italian from Brooklyn - SOP there for a lot of folks ), and verified what I said about needing new shorts when the shooting starts.

When the bishop called me as his counselor, I had to tell him that I carry most of the time.  Yep, even when conducting sacrament meeting.  Didn't even blink.  The first counselor in our stake is an FBI guy, and carries all the time, and we have several LEOs in the ward.  This is Arizona, after all... remnants of the old days...

In my current ward I'm the deacon's quorum advisor.  Best calling in the church - I get to teach and go on campouts once a month.  What's not to love?  

Word has gotten around though.  The teachers were going to do a weapons activity and whoever was going to do it bailed at the last minute.  I got a call and happily agreed - you can't ask for a better excuse to go shooting than serving the Lord.  Anyway it all went fine, except the YM 1st Counselor took a scope to the forehead/nose while shooting my 50.  I told him to hang on tight, but he just didn't get that.  He got some questions about that the next day at church, so, well, you know how people talk...

-grommet
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Home teacher
Scout Committee member
Young Mens secretary
Elder's quorum teacher
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Recently released as EQP.

Home teacher
Temple worker
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#10]
young men's adviser and varsity scout leader.

When I was in MN canoeing on our last anniversary, I told my wife I was being holy since it's a church calling and all...  (she wasn't entirely convinced).

I'm a CPA, so I'm trying very hard to avoid any calling ending in "clerk".
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ward Welfare/Emergency Preparedness Coordinator.

The bishop keeps telling me I can't do a firearms orientation for my emergency preparedness presentation....

+1 here  

+2

really???

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=205830&page=2

Took the YM shooting when I was the YM 1st C

Ahh the good old days when life was easy and no one to give you flack about going above and beyond.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top