Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it.  Somewhere up above me is the right answer.  Install thumb, pull go switch, roll thumb out and move on.  I was iffy when I first started shooting an SP-01 in IDPA but now its second nature.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Random question for the gamers here. Does a decocker version CZ75 need to be manually decocked all the way, or can you use the decocking lever and carry it at half cock like it was designed?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh and DA/SA guns with a safety suck.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it.  Somewhere up above me is the right answer.  Install thumb, pull go switch, roll thumb out and move on.  I was iffy when I first started shooting an SP-01 in IDPA but now its second nature.
View Quote

I have an older Taurus PT92 and I manually decock the gun all the time. I prefer to have the first shot in double action because you are less likely to accidentally squeeze off a round in a stressful situation (same reason mil-spec AR triggers are >5.0lb). I then love the single action for subsequent shots. OP had a legitimate question.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of double action gun doesn't have a decocker? That's not even something I'd buy...
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Random question for the gamers here. Does a decocker version CZ75 need to be manually decocked all the way, or can you use the decocking lever and carry it at half cock like it was designed?
View Quote

You can use the decocker and leave it that way.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What kind of double action gun doesn't have a decocker? That's not even something I'd buy...
View Quote

The kind that's designed to be carried cocked and locked.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh and DA/SA guns with a safety suck.
View Quote

Cocked and locked more betterer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So a single action with an identity crisis?

ETA: Or CZ should have gotten both. Like my FN FNX or HK USP. Both can be carried cock and locked and both can be decocked. 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ETA: Or CZ should have gotten both. Like my FN FNX or HK USP. Both can be carried cock and locked and both can be decocked. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Second strike capability might come in handy at some point. Did for Darrell Wilson at least.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:12:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:45:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll have to try that. I always did the finger pinch method
View Quote

It works better.  Fingers get sweaty.  A positive block is safer.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Once again, I appreciate all of the answers in this thread. Thanks!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top