Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 5:13:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks safe to me, she's walking around.

What would happen if they didn't have that tool and only had live rounds? There would be a hole where that bruise is.
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 5:21:13 AM EDT
[#2]
So, looks like they all passed the tryouts for the next Jackass movie.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 5:26:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Cops are saying they don't even have rubber bullet guns.
I agree with the Israelis.

Israelis love them some rubber boolits.

Link Posted: 10/28/2011 5:29:04 AM EDT
[#4]
those rubber ball shooting claymores are the fucking bomb... I would love to have a few for special occasions....
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 5:42:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most of the cops and citizens of Kent, Ohio in the early 70s would probably agree.

Yeah, but how many riots have there been at Kent State since 1970?

Teachable moment.

A hard lesson, but it sunk in.

Link Posted: 10/28/2011 5:59:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Do they even use flashbangs for crowd control?

I keep seeing what looks like bursting CS canisters labelled as flashbangs.

Link Posted: 10/28/2011 6:28:12 AM EDT
[#8]
But they won't do that again.  

Worked as intended. Inflict lots of pain without killing.
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 7:08:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Point the official Arfcom/Facebook troll team to that link.

FB is screwing with my troll account.
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#10]
If you intend to "occupy" something the real owner "the public" may send someone in to end said occupation. I suggest you hippies get armed! Then see what the real 99% send you.
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 7:19:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone remember that girl in 2004 at the Red Sox game that was killed by a non-lethal round? Went through her eyeball and blew her eyesocket apart into her brain.
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks like maybe she took an FN303 round or two or maybe rubber slugs to the jaw?  Regardless of what the scenario was that led up to that, a head shot is always a no no with any less-leathal deployment, someone messed up on that one pretty bad.  I took a rond from an FN303 to the head with a level IIIA balistic helmet on and it still rang my bell, I can only imagine how bad that hurt.  We were using training rounds and the rounds we received from FN were apperebtly recalled for terrible accuracy issues.  We didn't find that out until after I took the one to the helmet (which was aimed at my back, center mass).  

The known fatal shooting with an FN was in Boston durring a riot, where a male was shot in the eye while on the run behind the actual target.  It was a straight up accident, but as we all know, accidents with weapons of any kind are never acceptable regardless of the scenario.

Y you contradict yourself?

I don't see any contradiction at all in my post.  Maybe you should try reading comprehension?  The rounds that we were training with at the time were recalled for unstable flight paths and inaccuracy; they weren't duty rounds, impact rounds or gas rounds, they were training rounds.  We didn't know they were going to be recalled or that they were recalled at the time of that training session.  Quite simply, the round was a flier that was aimed at my back, center mass.  Its trajectory was drastically affected by its instability and its impact point ended up being the back of my helmet.  I don't know why I need to explain all this to you as I thought it was pretty clear originally, but I guess some people don't bother to try to understand.  The duty impact rounds are as accurate as my duty issued handgun out to about 30 yards and then the trajectory begins to take gravitational effects that are consistent and predictable for a trained operator.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2011 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like maybe she took an FN303 round or two or maybe rubber slugs to the jaw?  Regardless of what the scenario was that led up to that, a head shot is always a no no with any less-leathal deployment, someone messed up on that one pretty bad.  I took a rond from an FN303 to the head with a level IIIA balistic helmet on and it still rang my bell, I can only imagine how bad that hurt.  We were using training rounds and the rounds we received from FN were apperebtly recalled for terrible accuracy issues.  We didn't find that out until after I took the one to the helmet (which was aimed at my back, center mass).  

The known fatal shooting with an FN was in Boston durring a riot, where a male was shot in the eye while on the run behind the actual target.  It was a straight up accident, but as we all know, accidents with weapons of any kind are never acceptable regardless of the scenario.

BS.

unless you have a time machine, accidents happen all the time, humans can't make the world free from accidents, we do our best, but sometimes the best falls short.

that's reality, that's life.

Its not BS at all.  The reality is that accidents with weapons, while they do happen, ARE UNACCEPTABLE!  Police Officers as specially, are held to that standard every day.  If I respond to a call where a weapon is deployed and I "accidentally" fire upon an innocent person, you can bet your ass I'll be held to the highest level of accountability.  Understand the definition of acceptance before you post about reality of life.  Acceptance doesn't mean that they don't happen or that humans are perfect, it simply means that authority above and beyond the actor responsible will and should hold the actor accountable for any accident involving a weapon.  That level of accountability is obviously determined by the totality of the circumstances but there absolutely should be accountability none the less.  To accept that "accidents happen" is simply a breading statement and enabling of incompetence.  

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top