Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you MUST clean out the firing pin channel!!!

try this: use kroil oil and compressed air in repeated cycles until the firiring pin travels freely and with a solid feel to both direction of travel stops. you may not have to detail strip the bolt to get the channel clean.

I generally run pipe cleaners with some CLP on them through the channel from the rear of the bolt to the firing pin hole on eahc side if the firing pin, followed by a dry one to remove excess solvent.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
About 4k of Wolf through my SAR-1 without a hitch - of course, I cleaned it thoroughly when I 1st got it, and keep it somewhat clean... Although I don't think it'd hurt anything, I don't shoot Wolf through my Bushmaster - preferring to shoot Q3131A and XM193...

I agree with the others - Wolf isn't the problem in this case...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Your weapon is nasty....you didn't get the newer polymer ammo.
"Your last clip".....that was good to let everyone know you know what you're talking about.
wolf is the shizzle!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]
good o'l russians,,it's shit
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
hmm.. I'll admit, I never actually took the firing pin out before.. I'm going to do that right now and clean it..

oh, and the reason they FTF was because of the firing pin not striking well, very small dent in primers..

there you go.....CLEAN the rifle and then post BS if needed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That thing is dirtier than my SAR 1 looked after 3500 rounds of wolf with no cleaning.

My AR has only had wolf through it, nothing else. I'm around 3000 rounds now with no problems.  

Same here 2500+ rounds and NEVER a problem (except the smell..which really isn't a problem.)
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw those instructions this pin isnt budging.

push it from the front, or throw some carb cleaner through it, it is probably stuck with all the carbon and laquer buildup you've got going on in there

Oh no, it's that crappy wolf ammo.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#10]
wolf ammo+ My AR+ cleaning = cheap , target shootin' ammo.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Had 4 FTF's today in my SAR-1, and I just cleaned it last week..

That's It , I'm done using cheap Russian ammo in my
cheap copy of a Russian designed weapon .

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And in response to the person who couldn't understand why anyone would shoot this stuff in their rifles: You do realize that that is exactly what the armies using the AK have used for the last what? Almost 60 years?

Don't confuse people with facts.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Again, not to start an AR vs. AK thing but I find it funny that everyone says you don't have to clean an AK, but here everyone is getting on this guy's case because he hasn't cleaned it well enough.  What's the problem, does it "shit where it eats"?  With that gas piston the bolt should be clean as a whistle!

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#14]
food for thought, i bumped 960 rounds of the new wolf polymer through my new m4 build today ( the only reason i know is cause i found two boxes that  fell out of the case and under the back seat of the truck unopened) and i didnt have one failure to fire. and i even have witnesses that belong to the sight to back me up.      the stuff works great for me.

the only time ive ever had a problem with wolf is when i went to shoot half a case that had been sitting in the basement for about 2 years.  and even then i found out that the main culprit was a hammer spring i put on reversed in a binge of drunken rifle building.

ps, don't lean a hot barrel on the bumper of a newer truck, i now have a nice groove in the plastic bumper cover.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top