Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The arms for the malitia would be the same arms they would face if the went to war against a regular army. Threfore crewserved weapons and tracked vehicles would be the norm. When I was in Switzerland in the late eighties I saw the malitia crews schlepping their heavey machineguns and light mortars through the train station. Without the ability to match an army with the same weapons, there isn't much use for a malitia.
As far as being absolute, we can argue amongst ourselves what limits there should be to our rights, but they were included in the constitution to remind the state that there is an area where it cannot not go, period.The constitution clearly states that these right are reserved for the people or the states. Any laws to the contrary need not be obeyed.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 4:02:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent post, Big_Bear!  Do you mind if I use it on a couple of hard core anti's I know?
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone who we let run around with a vote, car, or baby, we can't logically restrain from having a firearm -- because votes, cars, and babies are all far more dangerous things to have custody of than a firearm.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top