Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The place by texas roadhouse?  If it is, don't be suprised if one of the sales droids emails you wil some shady investment deal.  They are scum.

A year ago, there were no authorized onkyo dealers in the state.  The place by Roadhouse had the up-branded onkyo different named stuff, but could not sell onkyo.

Edit:  I bought my onkyo receiver from newegg also.  Best deal online.
No you are thinking of Pacific Sound. (I don't shop there either)

Premier is on the east end of the Expressway.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where?  What store?
Edit:  Was it in Fargo?  Cuz if it is where I am thinking, it's a shithole...

Premier Audio in Bismarck.

Hah. I'll be in Bismarck Friday. I'll be sure to stop by after driving down some of the newer wellsite roads.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where?  What store?

Hah. I'll be in Bismarck Friday. I'll be sure to stop by after driving down some of the newer wellsite roads.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snip

UPDATE:
So I get home today and douchebag audio/video owner guy has sent me an email!

"You can’t expect to track mud all over a place of business and not be asked to wipe your feet. Good luck with any warranty issues you may have with your online purchase."  

How difficult does he think it is for you to contact the factory for warranty work?  Do you really need him to do that for you?  Hell, even if you end up fixing it out of your pocket that $200 would go a long way towards the repairs.

A lot of these online deals don't come with factory warranties, so you're using a 3rd party to get it fixed.

I mulled this over in January when I bought a Denon AVR-891 locally.  I could have saved going through Ebay vendors, who had fresh product, just not product warranted by Denon.

I went to a place that does haggle, BrandsMart (this is my 3rd Denon from them over 13 years) in Miami and saved a bit, but paid tax.

I can take it back to them if it goes down.  Shipping this stuff is a pain in the ass, requiring the original packaging to be safe and with gas being higher now, it's going to be a good chunk of change.

Chris

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
This is typical, a audio geek gun nut opens up a store but has no socal skills or any idea of how to sell to people. He is sittin in his empty store wondering why he has no business.

Fixed for another reality.

"Ham radio store" also works.

As does "guitar store."

I've long suspected that many "specialty" stores exist only for the owner to show off his vast personal collection and write off vast amount of taxes as business losses.  I've seen specialty stores that never have any cars in front, never have any customers inside, the personal collection inventory inside covered with years of dust, and yet they somehow stay in business year after year after year.

And then every once in a while, you run into a dude that just has his shit down so tight that you'd be a fool not to shop at his store.

Annapolis Homebrew is a breath of fresh air, let me just say that.

Just thought I would throw out Homebrew USA in Hampton and Norfolk, VA have treated me very well.  Helpful guys there I buy from them even though I could get stuff a little cheaper online.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Where?  What store?

We Are… Simply The Best!

Welcome To Premier Audio, Bismarck’s Premier source for the top brands in home and car audio. We offer professional installation services for car stereos, starters, home audio, commercial audio and even radar detectors. If you can dream it, we can do it, whether it be a competition system for your vehicle, or the ultimate in home theater, Premier Audio will show you why we are Simply The Best!

that is pretty funny.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]
So in other words - you went to the store to hear it in person before you bought it cheaper online.  The store asked you to wipe your muddy feet - you got butthurt, and then left.

Sounds like they kept their carpets clean and didn't lose a sale they were never going to get any way.  You ended up buying a receiver you never auditioned.

I don't think the store lost anything.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So in other words - you went to the store to hear it in person before you bought it cheaper online.  The store asked you to wipe your muddy feet - you got butthurt, and then left.

Sounds like they kept their carpets clean and didn't lose a sale they were never going to get any way.  You ended up buying a receiver you never auditioned.

This is an OP feel better thread

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Newegg is great with warranty services by the way. Your local store would have been better off not even replying to the email.

I agree. Instead of just being pissed off a little and posting about it on a gun website, I'm sure to tell everyone I know not to shop at that place now. And like I said previously, it's not that big of a town.

email war baby!  bring in the heavy artillery and really let him have it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So you failed to comprehend the fact that he had cash in hand and was wanting to buy it at the store? Reading comprehension, runs off of magnets, hard to grasp.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I just took a class on avoiding slips trips and falls.  90% of water and dirt is stopped by the first 12 feet of flooring.  
usuall set up is metal grate/rug, plastic mat, then carpet runners.

Next time you go to walgreens, look at their set up for entry way dirt/water mitigation.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#14]
The curse of douchebag audio/video guy!

So my receiver from Newegg.com arrives via UPS yesterday.

Looked liked it had been left in the rain for 2 days!

I refused it and am waiting for my replacement. Newegg is sending me a $25 gift card for my trouble so it's not all bad.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top