Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:11:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stop with the damn checkering..
View Quote

Checkering automatically disqualifies a lever gun from my want list. Pistol grip stocks do too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Be nice if Winchester would do a 16" 1873 in .45 colt.....
View Quote

It would be nice if Winchester actually made guns.

Olin jobbed the name out.

No longer made in New Haven.

FN and Browning.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:33:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wouldn't mind a Winchester or Uberti.
View Quote

I wish that Winchester had a shotgun butt.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:35:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
One can move fast with a lever gun.

Reload as you move.

Easy to clean and small number of parts.

Really a KISS rifle.
View Quote

Smal number of parts?

What has a large number of parts, in your opinion?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I kinda want to find a 460 s&w mag lever gun.

View Quote

Bighorn. Hope you have mighty deep pockets.

Bighorn Armory
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:21:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the model 92, and 1863 better. .357
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:25:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hey Fudd, aren't you late for your ham radio meeting?

https://i.imgur.com/bQ9Ohu0.jpg
View Quote

Now that right there is sexy. Been looking the last couple years off n on when I think about to find that color stock local in 45-70 local with no luck.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:28:58 AM EDT
[#8]
16", Threaded, 45 ACP, side gate loader.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:35:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was looking for a Steel Model X in 44 Mag all of last year and couldn't find one anywhere.  I figure it will be the same this year as now that they are doing the side loading gate I want the case hardened model in 44 Mag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been looking for the new Henry .357 case hardened carbine with side loading gate since it was announced and nothing. I have in stock alerts set up at a dozen places and nada. I'm losing faith in 2021.

I was looking for a Steel Model X in 44 Mag all of last year and couldn't find one anywhere.  I figure it will be the same this year as now that they are doing the side loading gate I want the case hardened model in 44 Mag.

Call Scheels
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:37:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Why can't I get a lever gun in 9mm or 45acp.  Bonus points if it'll reliably feed my 200gr lswc loads.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:46:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I’m in for a 1895 Dark when the prices aren’t tarded

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:52:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This.

Why can't I get a lever gun in 9mm or 45acp.  Bonus points if it'll reliably feed my 200gr lswc loads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

There's a company that does conversions on Marlin 1894 to autoloader calibers. I don't remember the name but I don't think it was 'affordable' either.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:58:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There's a company that does conversions on Marlin 1894 to autoloader calibers. I don't remember the name but I don't think it was 'affordable' either.
View Quote

It wouldn't even have to be "nice" to make me happy, just reliable, fairly accurate and somewhat smooth(action).  A fun plinker in the $300 neighborhood would be awesome.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hey Fudd, aren't you late for your ham radio meeting?

https://i.imgur.com/bQ9Ohu0.jpg
View Quote

As a matter of fact, I am. The topic today is about how, in our day, we only shot with iron sights and how nobody needs a salt rifle.

I guess there are a few exceptions. I just look at them kind of the same way that I look at sporterized 03s and whatnot. It makes the gun more usable, but I like the classic look on classic style guns.

Then again, the only lever gun I own is a Henry .22 that I got for Christmas when I was about 10 so my opinion isn't worth shit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
I want this in 357 really badly!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#16]
What's new about that Yellowboy carbine? Uberti's been making it for decades.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Someone does make one.  Can't recall who.  But saw out on Shooting USA maybe,  expensive.

Someday I will finally get one of the Italian repro Winchester 1886 in 45-70, 26" octagonal barrel and color case hardened receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I kinda want to find a 460 s&w mag lever gun.

Someone does make one.  Can't recall who.  But saw out on Shooting USA maybe,  expensive.

Someday I will finally get one of the Italian repro Winchester 1886 in 45-70, 26" octagonal barrel and color case hardened receiver.

Bighorn Armory Model 90
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'll take mine in 3006. What type stripper clip will it use? Unfortunately the bayonet will probably be made of shit pot metal from China.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I WISH Winchester would grace us with an 1895R rifle with full accessory kit..............bayonet, sling, etc.........let Miroku build it or whomever, and make it available in more than one caliber

I'd be first in line to buy one

I'll take mine in 3006. What type stripper clip will it use? Unfortunately the bayonet will probably be made of shit pot metal from China.
.30-06, .308....whichever.

Put me down for one, as long as it's got a wraparound forearm.

Then again, I would love for someone to make a Spencer rifle in .357 (not the carbine pattern).
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That 94 is sexy.

Any lever gun with a picatinny rail =
View Quote

Oddly enough, my Marlin 1895 SBL in .45-70 has less use for it's rail than my Browning BLR Takedown in .358 Win, which doesn't have one.
The Marlin ghost ring sights are perfect for the Marlin's cartridge, while the Browning could use a scope, due to its cartridge's 250 yd. MPBR.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Oddly enough, my Marlin 1895 SBL in .45-70 has less use for it's rail than my Browning BLR Takedown in .358 Win, which doesn't have one.
The Marlin ghost ring sights are perfect for the Marlin's cartridge, while the Browning could use a scope, due to its cartridge's 250 yd. MPBR.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31267/Marlin_Browning_Lever_small-1804508.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That 94 is sexy.

Any lever gun with a picatinny rail =

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31267/Marlin_Browning_Lever_small-1804508.jpg

https://www.egwguns.com/browning-lever-action-short-action-blr-picatinny-rail-0-moa
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Gimme a Dark in 30-30.

For the MSRP

Not the 3k these type of things are going for
View Quote

My main dislike of those is the stupid large lever loop. I hate that!

I'm fine with pic rail, I'm fine with a threaded muzzle, I'm fine with a lot of modern improvements that are ugly but make the rifle more functionally capable, but I absolutely loath those stupid huge lever loops!!!! That right there will keep the rifle on the shelf far as I'm concerned.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stop with the damn checkering..
View Quote

I've been preaching this for years....
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I WISH Winchester would grace us with an 1895R rifle with full accessory kit..............bayonet, sling, etc.........let Miroku build it or whomever, and make it available in more than one caliber

I'd be first in line to buy one
View Quote

I am surprised Cimarron has not had Uberti make some for them. Cimarron tends to sell more historically accurate clones than Taylor does.

I'd be perfectly happy with one in 7.62 X 54R. Make it right and I'll provide my own damn accessories.  

A local acquaintance has a original that he sent off to Trunbull for a complete restoration, it can only be described as fantastic. I don't know if anything will ever come of it but he told me when/if he ever decides to sell it he will give me the first shot at it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Marlin dark 45-70 plz
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a Winchester and Marlin 44 Mag lever gun. Picked up a Marlin 336 30-30 a few weeks ago at a pawn shop for $175. It has about 25% of bluing left. If that. Going to strip it and have a coworker that ceracoats do it in flat black or tungsten.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Not sure if it’s just a fluke but the Dicks near my buddy on Long Island has had the Henry X models in stock for two weeks now. He picked one up in 44 yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I just wanna buy a 38/357 for my son before it’s too late and for less than 1k. Doesn’t seem likely :-/
View Quote

Keep checking gunbroker
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#29]
This was a fair representation of my hunting season
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Just got a few grouse early in the season while out hiking
Attachment Attached File

I have shot a lot of .357 this year
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Been looking for a .38spl/.357 with loading gate for a while. No dice locally.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Year to date I've been buying a bunch of lever actions, mostly pre-64 Winchesters and JM Marlins. I did buy a Uberti "Yellow Boy" M1866 in .45 LC

I bought some to clean-up and flip and some to add to my collection. Most of them I bought before prices went bonkers.

I've gotten shed of all my Rossi L/As in favor of JM Marlins in the same calibers. The final one was a 1982 18.5" .357.

Attachment Attached File

I just sold the Rossi .357 20" the Marlin replaced for $799.00. I gave $325.00 for it less than two years ago.

I still want a tube-fed Marlin 57 or 57M Levermatic if I can find one. It must have the shortest throw of any .22 L/A....Even the Brownings.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#32]

What stock is that? The grip surfaces make it look like it would be at home on a late model 870.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What stock is that? The grip surfaces make it look like it would be at home on a late model 870.
View Quote

That's the factory synthetic stock that Henry uses on the X models. IMHO they'd look a lot better if they used the dark walnut from the all weather rifles
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's the factory synthetic stock that Henry uses on the X models. IMHO they'd look a lot better if they used the dark walnut from the all weather rifles
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never actually looked at the X models- wonder if maybe they get the synthetic stocks from the same supplier as Remington did. The grip areas are almost identical to my 870.

And I agree on the dark walnut. There are very few times when walnut is not the right answer for a lever action.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Have you seen the price on 30-30 ammo? good lord... My lever gun is probably the most expensive thing I have to feed at the moment...
View Quote

That is IF your able to find some.

Even if your reload, primers are few and far in between.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree, but the flexibility is nice to have, and it doesn’t get in the way.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm fine with pic rail, I'm fine with a threaded muzzle, I'm fine with a lot of modern improvements that are ugly but make the rifle more functionally capable, but I absolutely loath those stupid huge lever loops!!!! That right there will keep the rifle on the shelf far as I'm concerned.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gimme a Dark in 30-30.

For the MSRP

If only you could change that part...
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Factory synthetic Henry.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gimme a Dark in 30-30.

For the MSRP

You guys obviously haven't hunted deer in the Northern Rockies.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow, a lot of these look like they would be just as good, if not better, than an AR or other semi auto for home defense...
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gimme a Dark in 30-30.

For the MSRP

Im not getting the relevance
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#43]
They include a company that no longer exists with a model no longer in production as a 2021 lever gun option.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:55:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gimme a Dark in 30-30.

For the MSRP

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gimme a Dark in 30-30.

For the MSRP

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369185/IMG_20210205_204741-1812614.jpg

There are multiple sizes of levers.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#46]
with a RangerPointPrecision quick take down screw, you can remove that screw without a tool and exchange levers to the one to that fits your preferred aesthetic or the weather.

https://rangerpointstore.com/marlin-lever-quick-takedown-screws/

https://rangerpointstore.com/medium-loop-levers-parts/
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gimme a Dark in 30-30.

For the MSRP

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369185/IMG_20210205_204741-1812614.jpg

Those would be pretty hard to shoot with regardless of the lever.

My question was in regards to the location.

Fwiw If its cold enough to warrant big mitts Ill wear thin fleece gloves under and if I need to shoot I pull off the mitt.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
with a RangerPointPrecision quick take down screw, you can remove that screw without a tool and exchange levers to the one to that fits your preferred aesthetic or the weather.

https://rangerpointstore.com/marlin-lever-quick-takedown-screws/

https://rangerpointstore.com/medium-loop-levers-parts/
View Quote

Link to the stainless versions:  https://rangerpointstore.com/marlin-lever-quick-takedown-screws-stainless-steel/

Expensive for what they are, but worth it to me. No screwdriver required to take her down for cleaning.  No flathead screw to mess up.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just swanna buy a 38/357 for my son before it’s too late and for less than 1k. Doesn’t seem likely :-/
View Quote

Get a Rossi r92. I just ordered one for $635 and they're on GBroker and Guns.com for @$750
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top