Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, seems like the best possible option to earn some money (which I would later spend traveling the US a bit probably, and buying some basic stuff (clothes, laptop, maybe a DSLR or something). Maybe to save up enough to start some kind of business when I get back here, or buy a car finally
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still thinking about AK?

Yeah, seems like the best possible option to earn some money (which I would later spend traveling the US a bit probably, and buying some basic stuff (clothes, laptop, maybe a DSLR or something). Maybe to save up enough to start some kind of business when I get back here, or buy a car finally

I know Alyeska resort hires foreign summer workers. You'd be in an awesome location and close to a ton of fun stuff.

http://www.alyeskaresort.com/
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I want.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I know Alyeska resort hires foreign summer workers. You'd be in an awesome location and close to a ton of fun stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still thinking about AK?

Yeah,  a friend worked in Anchorage for 2 summers now,  best money is earned in the hospitality industry.  I wish I coild find work in the field I'm majoring in,  but that isnt available under those visas (majoring in Computer networks and telecommunications),  all the offefed jobs ar for serving/housekeeping/home depo and stuff like that
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah,  a friend worked in Anchorage for 2 summers now,  best money is earned in the hospitality industry.  I wish I coild find work in the field I'm majoring in,  but that isnt available under those visas (majoring in Computer networks and telecommunications),  all the offefed jobs ar for serving/housekeeping/home depo and stuff like that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still thinking about AK?

I'll likely be living in ANC by next summer. If you wanna shoot some HKs sometime you're more than welcome.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still thinking about AK?

I'm actually surprised you couldn't find anything for computer networking. I would think that would be in pretty high demand at the moment. Is it really competitive? Have you looked at other parts of the US for openings or is that not how it works? I'll admit I'm unfamiliar with the visa process.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh,  that UMP is SWEET,  I will gladly take you up on the offer if I drop by.  Thanks.

I cant get IT jobs because the whole program works in a specific way.  I sign up here in an agency that organizes a job fair for all the US businesses that need student workers,  and we get to apply to 3 jobs available.  If we manage to pass all the interviews,  we pick a job (but most of them are eother hotels,  restaurants,  home depot,  lifeguard/pool cleaner jobs,  generally stuff like that,  for unskilled labor). Just after i get the visa an get to the US,  i can choose to pursue a second job in my spare time,  since contract binds me to the visa provider (unless fired,  ofc)
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't suppose you could locate one of the surplus minimalist camo plate carriers for a set of Mile Dragic level 3 rifle plates could you?  They dried up on ebay quite some time ago.

ETA - I wouldn't say no to some of the blue tiger camo either

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Sure I could,  just send me a picture of the exact model if you can
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oh,  that UMP is SWEET,  I will gladly take you up on the offer if I drop by.  Thanks.

I cant get IT jobs because the whole program works in a specific way.  I sign up here in an agency that organizes a job fair for all the US businesses that need student workers,  and we get to apply to 3 jobs available.  If we manage to pass all the interviews,  we pick a job (but most of them are eother hotels,  restaurants,  home depot,  lifeguard/pool cleaner jobs,  generally stuff like that,  for unskilled labor). Just after i get the visa an get to the US,  i can choose to pursue a second job in my spare time,  since contract binds me to the visa provider (unless fired,  ofc)
View Quote

IIRC the work&travels in my town were shafted with their living accommodations. The people organizing it locally (some shady Poles or Romanians or whatever) basically crammed 12+ of them into a 2-bedroom apartment, and were charging each of em upwards of $450 in rent - for an apartment that was probably about $800 a month. They got away with it because no one was gonna rent an apt to some fresh off the boat work&travels for 1-2 months. In the end, couple girls ended up staying at my place. Fun times were had.
Also, I vaguely recall they were having problems with their jobs, as well. Not getting enough hours or something, like 25/week instead of 40. In the end, they did save up some money (bought a couple laptops stateside for example), but that was because they were hardly spending any, and weren't paying rent. Overall the program was all work and no travel. Still, I know some people who enjoyed it at other destinations, and it may be a decent way of seeing the US... from the underside, but still.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't suppose you could locate one of the surplus minimalist camo plate carriers for a set of Mile Dragic level 3 rifle plates could you?  They dried up on ebay quite some time ago.

View Quote

I have some Russian urban, similar to Trooper's pics. Works great, obviously not much concealment but otherwise a very good uniform. I assume Serbian stuff is similar.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

IIRC the work&travels in my town were shafted with their living accommodations. The people organizing it locally (some shady Poles or Romanians or whatever) basically crammed 12+ of them into a 2-bedroom apartment, and were charging each of em upwards of $450 in rent - for an apartment that was probably about $800 a month. They got away with it because no one was gonna rent an apt to some fresh off the boat work&travels for 1-2 months. In the end, couple girls ended up staying at my place. Fun times were had.
Also, I vaguely recall they were having problems with their jobs, as well. Not getting enough hours or something, like 25/week instead of 40. In the end, they did save up some money (bought a couple laptops stateside for example), but that was because they were hardly spending any, and weren't paying rent. Overall the program was all work and no travel. Still, I know some people who enjoyed it at other destinations, and it may be a decent way of seeing the US... from the underside, but still.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, stuff like that happens, but my friend used this agency two times already, they futfilled their part of the contract. And yeah, employers might try to stiff you, but once you are there, there are plenty jobs to be had (honestly, I cant understand how BLM can rage about young uneducated people being unemployed, when there are TONS of jobs, just checked Anchorage craigslist, literally 100+ jobs in service industry for $10+ per hour.... damn)

Quoted:
Quoted:

I have some Russian urban, similar to Trooper's pics. Works great, obviously not much concealment but otherwise a very good uniform. I assume Serbian stuff is similar.

It's beyond awesome for nighttime, but that's about it
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Just move here to Las Vegas, Nevada, and open a landscaping design/maintenance business...all of the ones here have so much work that they turn it away.  Many of my neighbors have called over a dozen companies for quotes and service contracts, only to result in no-call/no-shows.  A couple of neighbors even had their landscape maintenance workers just stop showing up entirely, as they scored larger contracts for more money and completely gave up on residential service.

Several years ago two brothers lived several streets over from me, but would stop by to chat and look over my military trucks.  They had both quit their jobs to start a landscape maintenance company by themselves.  Each time they would stop by, the business had grown, they bought a couple of used pickups and trailers for their employees to use, soon the brothers had brand-new diesel-powered pickup trucks, then the employees started driving brand-new trucks, and not long after the brothers sold the old family home and moved into a custom-built home.  God bless them.

ETA: Not much working capital required to get started either, and you can learn pretty much all you need to know by perusing the Interwebs & YouTube.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just move here to Las Vegas, Nevada, and open a landscaping design/maintenance business...all of the ones here have so much work that they turn it away.  Many of my neighbors have called over a dozen companies for quotes and service contracts, only to result in no-call/no-shows.  A couple of neighbors even had their landscape maintenance workers just stop showing up entirely, as they scored larger contracts for more money and completely gave up on residential service.

Several years ago two brothers lived several streets over from me, but would stop by to chat and look over my military trucks.  They had both quit their jobs to start a landscape maintenance company by themselves.  Each time they would stop by, the business had grown, they bought a couple of used pickups and trailers for their employees to use, soon the brothers had brand-new diesel-powered pickup trucks, then the employees started driving brand-new trucks, and not long after the brothers sold the old family home and moved into a custom-built home.  God bless them.

ETA: Not much working capital required to get started either, and you can learn pretty much all you need to know by perusing the Interwebs & YouTube.
View Quote

Wish I could. Planning to apply to the green card lottery (Yeah, I know that the chance is really low, but it still is a chance to change my life, and I have no better solutions right now if I want to legally immigrate)
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wish I could. Planning to apply to the green card lottery (Yeah, I know that the chance is really low, but it still is a chance to change my life, and I have no better solutions right now if I want to legally immigrate)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad really, but if you get a tan and jump the southern border no one would care.    The other option is claim to be Indian and apply for an H1B visa

Best of luck

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Haha, H1B would be a dream come true honestly.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Similar to the stuff we make here

Also, some random pics from Serbia

Tesla's monument

Straight from Toronto

A long time ago (Jugolinija was a big national shipping company back in the day)

Just a random village

St. Sava Cathedral

View from Kalemegdan fortress

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#17]

They put watermarks EVERYWHERE, cant find anything usable
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Tranny site?
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tranny site?
View Quote

Not a lot of them here AFAIK, so nothing for Arfcommers to feast their eyes on
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I see incurable gonnorrhea and the herp.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same things you get from sorostitutes stateside.
At least these girls aren't plagued by butterface like 90% of sorority chicks around here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

At least these girls aren't plagued by butterface like 90% of sorority chicks around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same things you might get.  Happily monogamous.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:50:38 AM EDT
[#23]

OP, I hope the basement dwellers don't give you the wrong impression about Americans.  Most of us have more self-esteem than to think we have to pay attractive women for sex.

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

OP, I hope the basement dwellers don't give you the wrong impression about Americans.  Most of us have more self-esteem than to think we have to pay attractive women for sex.

View Quote

I didn't think these were rental units.....is prostitution legal there?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They aren't. And it's not. Not really sanctioned that much, but far from legal.

Oh, and don't worry oldbutspry, nothing could give you guys a bad reputation with me, seen far too many good and generous people here. I started this (and the old) thread to try to give back to a place (and people) I've learned so much from.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Serbians are hot in a trailer park sort of way.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

My uncle owned 3 trailer parks and not one of the women living in those parks could hold a candle to the girls the OP has posted.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My uncle owned 3 trailer parks and not one of the women living in those parks could hold a candle to the girls the OP has posted.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny enough, I'm not sure we even have trailer parks here at all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell of a cash cow and very profitable....let me know if you need investors

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/53fe3f93eab8eaf9027cb1f1-700-465/6-328.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/53fe3f93eab8eaf9027cb1f1-700-465/6-328.jpg

Haha . But seriously, not a lot of people here own trailers/RVs
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Any tips on ski destinations in your 'hood?
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Any tips on ski destinations in your 'hood?
View Quote

Jahorina,  Kopaonik,  Zlatibor mountains for sure.  Not that expensive by your standard,  some quite nice tracks. Never could afford winter vacations to be honest.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Never been to Serbia, but one of my buddies lives there, and his GF is legitimately stunning, even compared to Russian models I sometimes hang out with.
View Quote

We haz teh rulz... Teh rulz.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Most famous product from Serbia i guess

Anyone owned one?
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Careful - dont make fun of teh Corporate Limo.

Teh almighty hammer can swing long and hard.....

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I could paint my dog to look like half of them...and he doesn't have the std's to boot

seriously i would be rich if i could sell them the face paint, jesus the acne
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Again you pass through this part of CO I'll put ya up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Num num num.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I could paint my dog to look like half of them...and he doesn't have the std's to boot
View Quote

Dont forget to post pictures then
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Not sure if I posted all of these before

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Interesting thing I've found out today
Some CZ999 pistols made by Zastava (obvious Sig copy) have a lever in front of the rear sight, to switch the operation from SA/DA to DAO
Also, they have a "warning" indicator in the grip, as a tiny needle-like pin that pops out from the grip when you get down to 3 rounds left in the magazine.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:09:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Interesting thing I've found out today
Some CZ999 pistols made by Zastava (obvious Sig copy) have a lever in front of the rear sight, to switch the operation from SA/DA to DAO
Also, they have a "warning" indicator in the grip, as a tiny needle-like pin that pops out from the grip when you get down to 3 rounds left in the magazine.

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/handguns/serbia/1287745887.jpg
http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/handguns/serbia/1287745897.jpg
View Quote

That's interesting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:09:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd like a switch from SA/DA to SAO.
SAO seriously decreases the chances of a kid (or most women) being able to fire the handgun, while being a whole lot less hassle than trigger lock or safe.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:28:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

SAO seriously decreases the chances of a kid (or most women) being able to fire the handgun, while being a whole lot less hassle than trigger lock or safe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just pissed there isn't a current importer of the updated version, the EZ9. Same prices as the CZ999 but newer. I'm assuming it has something with them trying to push the Ares (I know it's a different company).
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:32:53 AM EDT
[#45]
It's been a trend for quite a few years to hire Eastern European girls for the "summer" rush in the Wisconsin Dells area .  Most of them are fairly attractive and you can't miss the accents.  The gas stations are full of AK-47 shaped bottles of vodka too.  I bet they make good money over a summer, especially the wait staff that works for tips.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 2:12:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Just when I got Serbia out of my mind from your last thread, you go and post this thread.  Still want to visit!  Thanks for keeping the dream alive.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm just pissed there isn't a current importer of the updated version, the EZ9. Same prices as the CZ999 but newer. I'm assuming it has something with them trying to push the Ares (I know it's a different company).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, they look fun. Written description says that they are "optics ready", but I cant see any slide RMR milling on the few published pictures.

Quoted:
It's been a trend for quite a few years to hire Eastern European girls for the "summer" rush in the Wisconsin Dells area .  Most of them are fairly attractive and you can't miss the accents.  The gas stations are full of AK-47 shaped bottles of vodka too.  I bet they make good money over a summer, especially the wait staff that works for tips.

Yup. In the USA, you make more $$ waitering tables  in the USA with no qualifications, than as an engineer here in Serbia. Roughly 3 times more. That is why I plan to come to the USA next summer, even for a short period.

Quoted:
Just when I got Serbia out of my mind from your last thread, you go and post this thread.  Still want to visit!  Thanks for keeping the dream alive.

If you decide to drop by, a bottle of Rakija is waiting for you :). Home made, pure plum, approx 100 proof, made from plums from my grandpa's orchard
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Decent compilation of Ex-Yugoslavian rock music, perfect to cheer you up a bit

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, I'm goin' to a special hell . . .
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I love going down there in the summer. I'm a little less than an hour away, been going my hole life.your right,lots of eastern European hotties. And  they can make great money.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top