Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
N95s have an exhalation valve, allowing the user to spread filth wherever they breath.

They protect the user from filth.

Does not fit the BS narrative of I wear the mask to protect everybody.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
This is what Biden will do. Same thing they did with H1N1.  Suppress testing and statistics until it is "Cured".

Obama & Biden stopped H1N1 testing amid pandemic, got away with it

Side note: If democrats could suppress statistics then.. That means they can inversely Amplify statistics under Trump. right?  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I love when the Science changes because "Democrats".  Here is a video before they could change the science for political gain.

Realities of facemasks in fight against coronavirus exposure l GMA
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
CONFORM
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
N95s have an exhalation valve, allowing the user to spread filth wherever they breath.

View Quote

Only vented variants do. There are non-vented models (which are commonly used in medical settings) that do not have a the exhalation valve.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thread title and first post = 100% bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#7]
99% are made in China.  The Dems need their kickbacks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/rmwZ5wk7/n95.jpg

If you just say N95, you will not protect.

Just like the cloth face covering being 0% effective, but equal to everything else.  There is a standard to follow or it is all just BS.

You decide.

View Quote

The exhalation port makes it a super spreader
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've heard the "viruses don't have wings!" argument before and think it's stupid reasoning. It's the equivalent of saying "a cork can't swim", but throwing a bucket of corks into a flowing river. Our bodies are constantly pumping in and out large volumes of moisture rich particles every minute. If moisture escapes then would the virus.

My wife is a respiratory therapist and used to conduct PPE mask fitting when she worked in hospitals.  She says N95 masks are useless unless fitted properly.  They leak around the edges, especially with anyone who has facial hair ... in those cases theybhave to be fitted with full-head respirators, which have a clear face cover and a hose out the back, connecting to a belt-worn filter cartridge. (like the ones worn by people who spray paint all day).

If your mask is not fitted properly then doing the cough/sneeze test you suggested will blow smaller plumes of particles around the poorly fitting areas of the mask. Anyone standing to your sides or in the direction of air current will still be exposed to whatever that wearer happens to cough/sneeze.

My RT wife also said N95 masks are designed to be worn one 8hr shift then discarded. The polyethylene fabric gets saturated at that point (with moisture and bacteria/viruses) and you are then presenting more risk to yourself and everyone else (plus the filtering efficiency drops AND they become harder to breathe through - causing higher blood sat. of CO2 and Hypoxia - particularly troubling for anyone with anemia whose blood already has less capacity for carrying oxygen without the reduced input caused by mask wearing).

If you get a headache whenever you wear a mask, as most hospital workers reportedly do, then the mask is causing Hypoxia. And please, If you find wearing a mask gives you frequent migraines then stop wearing them!  

IMO The N95 proposal is just a cover story before the accuracy of testing is quietly improved, resulting in a dramatic drop in the number of positive cases. They have to give some reason for why there will be a sudden improvement in the population... and

Right now there are a massive number of false-positive cases of CoVID-19. The WHO now recognizes this and is saying that the number of amplification steps (Ct) in the PCR test is too high (now 37 - 40 Ct), but experts warned early last year that 30 Ct would be more suitable/accurate. (See here:  https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/11/no_author/the-covid-19-rt-pcr-test-how-to-mislead-all-humanity-using-a-test-to-lock-down-society/ )
...I would put money on them quietly reducing the amplification cycles to 30-32 within the next 3 months, then claiming "WE BEAT IT!", as the CoVID-19 cases plummet.

So, unless Biden is going to supply everyone with enough N95 masks for every 8hrs they are in public, then he will be creating a greater danger for everyone.

FYI:
An easy demonstration for mask effectiveness is to be physically active (ie: walking etc) in a cold dark environment.  By placing a light to on side you'll (most likely) see the fog of your exhaled breath or the venting from a cough/sneeze.  If water vapor (1um/1000nm typ.) can get out then the much smaller SARS-Cov2/CoVID-19 (60nm to 140nm) would definitely be able to get through.
View Quote

Wow, there is so much wrong here I'm not even gonna try to correct it all.

N95s are for particulate protection, not vapors
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard the "viruses don't have wings!" argument before and think it's stupid reasoning. It's the equivalent of saying "a cork can't swim", but throwing a bucket of corks into a flowing river. Our bodies are constantly pumping in and out large volumes of moisture rich particles every minute. If moisture escapes then would the virus.

My wife is a respiratory therapist and used to conduct PPE mask fitting when she worked in hospitals.  She says N95 masks are useless unless fitted properly.  They leak around the edges, especially with anyone who has facial hair ... in those cases theybhave to be fitted with full-head respirators, which have a clear face cover and a hose out the back, connecting to a belt-worn filter cartridge. (like the ones worn by people who spray paint all day).

If your mask is not fitted properly then doing the cough/sneeze test you suggested will blow smaller plumes of particles around the poorly fitting areas of the mask. Anyone standing to your sides or in the direction of air current will still be exposed to whatever that wearer happens to cough/sneeze.

My RT wife also said N95 masks are designed to be worn one 8hr shift then discarded. The polyethylene fabric gets saturated at that point (with moisture and bacteria/viruses) and you are then presenting more risk to yourself and everyone else (plus the filtering efficiency drops AND they become harder to breathe through - causing higher blood sat. of CO2 and Hypoxia - particularly troubling for anyone with anemia whose blood already has less capacity for carrying oxygen without the reduced input caused by mask wearing).

If you get a headache whenever you wear a mask, as most hospital workers reportedly do, then the mask is causing Hypoxia. And please, If you find wearing a mask gives you frequent migraines then stop wearing them!  

IMO The N95 proposal is just a cover story before the accuracy of testing is quietly improved, resulting in a dramatic drop in the number of positive cases. They have to give some reason for why there will be a sudden improvement in the population... and

Right now there are a massive number of false-positive cases of CoVID-19. The WHO now recognizes this and is saying that the number of amplification steps (Ct) in the PCR test is too high (now 37 - 40 Ct), but experts warned early last year that 30 Ct would be more suitable/accurate. (See here:  https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/11/no_author/the-covid-19-rt-pcr-test-how-to-mislead-all-humanity-using-a-test-to-lock-down-society/ )
...I would put money on them quietly reducing the amplification cycles to 30-32 within the next 3 months, then claiming "WE BEAT IT!", as the CoVID-19 cases plummet.

So, unless Biden is going to supply everyone with enough N95 masks for every 8hrs they are in public, then he will be creating a greater danger for everyone.

FYI:
An easy demonstration for mask effectiveness is to be physically active (ie: walking etc) in a cold dark environment.  By placing a light to on side you'll (most likely) see the fog of your exhaled breath or the venting from a cough/sneeze.  If water vapor (1um/1000nm typ.) can get out then the much smaller SARS-Cov2/CoVID-19 (60nm to 140nm) would definitely be able to get through.

And the (what everybody around here wears) procedure mask is designed to keep a sterile field sterile by preventing droplets being expelled into wounds/incisions. Not protect the wearer from viruses.

Nurse friend wears a PAPR when dealing with China virus patients.

For the most part, I do find all masks extremely useful in preventing Karen-21 though. Funny enough, when I went to vote, my P100 respirator was deemed to be "insufficient" by the lady manning the door at the polls.
Got a condescending "well, you have to wear this, (bullshit Chinese procedure mask) you wouldn't want our poll workers to get sick".
Whatever lady, just give me the stupid mask so that I can cast my ballot that you won't count anyway.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#11]

3M Aura N95 is a great design, just snagged some.

I've been wearing a N95 since this shit started; if you're going to wear a mask you should wear one that actually works.

Cloth masks are like using phone books for body armor.

Unrelated, but some of these masks are getting pretty cyberpunk (this popped up while image searching the Aura:)

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

uh....no they don't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

uh....no they don't

The ones with valves do, the ones without valves don't
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Don't forget the more viral, more deadly UK strain.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The new variants show up to about 80% greater transmission. By March the most populous will be new variants - Brazil, California, whatever variant.

Don't forget the more viral, more deadly UK strain.

Revealed: SAGE warning revealing scientists are 50% sure Kent strain could be more deadly that was handed to ministers just hours before 'scare-mongering' press conference

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9176373/No10-slaps-Tory-calls-road-map-lockdown.html
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0412/2715/7662/products/[email protected]?v=1595440173

3M Aura N95 is a great design, just snagged some.

I've been wearing a N95 since this shit started; if you're going to wear a mask you should wear one that actually works.

Cloth masks are like using phone books for body armor.

Unrelated, but some of these masks are getting pretty cyberpunk (this popped up while image searching the Aura:)

https://i.etsystatic.com/5500462/r/il/43dab1/2420660553/il_1588xN.2420660553_sv14.jpg
View Quote
elbows are too pointy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Can we just quit the fucking games and get to the Level IV BSL's?  

The fucking virus is going to spread.  That's what viruses do.  If they didn't have to cripple Trump's economy and destroy his political position, nobody would even be able to spell COVID.

COVID 19 is the only virus that's so deadly that you need a test to tell you that you have it.

In fact, it's so deadly that the CDC decided to throw all the deaths from pneumonia, flu and the Vid together, they refer to it as "PIC."
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I never understood the fit tests. I get why they're important (You need a proper seal) but GETTING THAT PROPER SEAL seems impossible unless you were to tape the edges of the mask to your skin.

I remember in EMS training we were fit tested with that banana scent (Wear the N95, we spray some chemical that smells/tastes like banana, and you need to talk, yell, sing, etc. and see if you can detect the chemical.) and I have a badly impaired sense of smell (Might be from when I used to use Zicam. Supposedly it can cause a loss of smell) so it was very hard to tell if it was fit properly or not. Even when it seemed to fit properly my glasses would fog up when I exhaled so air is still escaping, even with the N95.

And if you fail I'm not sure what happens then. It's just like "Well it appears your head shape makes wearing the N95 effectively impossible. That's too bad."

Like it appears the only thing that would fit my face/head would be a full-head gas mask or some shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Screw them. I have to wear them at work.  I will not wear them when I am off.

This, so much fucking this!  And the funny part, they finally fit tested us and 90% of us failed.  So they went out and bought respirators with disposable cartridges.  They suck so bad you can't hear a damn thing anyone is saying.  You can't give a radio report to the hospital while wearing them in the back of an ambulance.
I never understood the fit tests. I get why they're important (You need a proper seal) but GETTING THAT PROPER SEAL seems impossible unless you were to tape the edges of the mask to your skin.

I remember in EMS training we were fit tested with that banana scent (Wear the N95, we spray some chemical that smells/tastes like banana, and you need to talk, yell, sing, etc. and see if you can detect the chemical.) and I have a badly impaired sense of smell (Might be from when I used to use Zicam. Supposedly it can cause a loss of smell) so it was very hard to tell if it was fit properly or not. Even when it seemed to fit properly my glasses would fog up when I exhaled so air is still escaping, even with the N95.

And if you fail I'm not sure what happens then. It's just like "Well it appears your head shape makes wearing the N95 effectively impossible. That's too bad."

Like it appears the only thing that would fit my face/head would be a full-head gas mask or some shit.

100% of our employees (hundreds) get a good seal and pass the highest quality fit testing  with N95s.  It does take training to learn how to put them on correctly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Normal people can't even buy N95s, the supply line is completely interrupted with all supplies going to healthcare and government/LE. Industrial and agricultural companies and workers can't get them for work hazards.
View Quote

Not anymore.  Plenty of options out there available to laypersons.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#19]
As far as N95 masks having valves, mine don't I guess all N95's are not created equal.  I've got a bunch that I bought  for bailing hay in a ground squirrel infested dust bowl of a field.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:09:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"Masks don't work. You needs to shove a dildo up your ass." - CDC
View Quote

There would be a doomer thread here the very next day asking for lube suggestions.

As it is now I wear a shitty surgical mask with a hidden slit cut in it on medical calls. Even with covid positive patients. No fucks given.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:10:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuck it. If anyone on any public payroll from the POTUS to the assistant dog catcher in Frog Crotch MS told me the sky was blue, I'd drop what I was doing and look for my umbrella.  And that goes double for anyone connected with public health in any capacity.  I hope every goddamn one of them dies screaming from fulminating ass cancer.  And soon.  Very soon.
View Quote

Style points for "Frog Crotch Mississippi". I'll be adding that gem to my vernacular when describing podunk towns.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Good thing I still have 100's of them.

FJB
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Especially when they breathe in them for hours, then rub their booger hooks all over the inside then touch everything.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:21:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only some N95s have vents.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not all have the valve.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:42:14 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

You are both wrong. They all don't have valves.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:47:13 AM EDT
[#27]
" />
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:49:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I guess if they're free
I haven't bought a mask yet
And won't
View Quote

They may be free, but you won't be.

Have you worn an n95 for an extended period of time? It gets old fast. Even faster than the other bullshit masks that some force you to wear.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:50:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

uh....no they don't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

uh....no they don't
Some have a respirator valve and some don't.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:51:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some have the valve, some have none. But rejoice, soon you will be forced to wear 2 masks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you are not covering the edges of the mask to your skin with duct tape, it is your funeral!  

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#32]

Do you even K&N bro?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Here you go Arfcom: made in America N95 masks, in stock at affordable prices. Clean them out. https://filti.com/product/nf95-respirator/
View Quote

These don't appear to be NIOSH certified.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:07:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, they don't
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:07:23 AM EDT
[#35]
So there is no link to proof of this "new push", just like OP had no proof of Trump's final pardon list he obtained hours before anyone else?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:09:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Real N95s or bullshit KN95s?
View Quote

C’mon man! K95s. Hunter gets a cut from every mask sold.

ETA - I didn’t read the very next post!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:11:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Iirc, non-medical N95s have valves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

uh....no they don't

Iirc, non-medical N95s have valves.

Sure they can have a valve, but but saying an N95 has a exhale valve is like saying F150's are blue...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:12:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Bring it, I am ready!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:16:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yes, there's a new push and narrative that we need better masks and to double up on masks because the numbers went up despite everyone wearing masks.

Well duh.
View Quote

I

When did that happen lol
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I

N95s block odor?

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:20:58 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Hats are red
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:22:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Fuck it. If anyone on any public payroll from the POTUS to the assistant dog catcher in Frog Crotch MS told me the sky was blue, I'd drop what I was doing and look for my umbrella.  And that goes double for anyone connected with public health in any capacity.  I hope every goddamn one of them dies screaming from fulminating ass cancer.  And soon.  Very soon.
View Quote
PlaneJane always manages to say it so eloquently.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:32:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Just like the cloth face covering being 0% effective, but equal to everything else.  There is a standard to follow or it is all just BS.

You decide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

uh....no they don't

You decide.

https://msphere.asm.org/content/5/5/e00637-20
I did. Even bothered to go and find an actual test against the virus itself. Crappy cotton cloth masks up to 20% stoppage, surgicals (I'm presuming mostly due to the water resistant inner layer) up to 50%, n-95s up to 80% and the n95s didn't do better even when taped on.

Media is blowing this all out of proportion to drive irrational fear, the left used it to steal an election in the most disgusting way I have seen in my life, and mask mandates and karens are stupid and counter productive.

Also filtering your face holes to tamp down on lung crud ... filters the crud coming out of your lungs. This only got to be shocking to a lot of us because the left abused it, and if the left says something, it just *has* to be false ... just because they said it
---
As for the OP ... I haven't seen anyone pushing n-95s for universal use. Even if they were, it's physically impossible, there aren't enough made to do it, and we couldn't spin up enough production to do it, because the regulation state here in the US makes it more expensive to do here than  CCP slave labor can do it. The last time the fella in texas tried it, all his backers dumped him and he had to fire a whole lot of people, all because the masks were a few cents cheaper to make in commie hellhole states. He said he wasn't going to get suckered into doing that again, and I don't blame him.

Seems the melt blown fiber used to make the respirators is unobtanium too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI:

My favorite part was how most hospital workers get headaches from hypoxia caused by the masks

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:35:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:37:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

-snip-

FYI:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only disinformation in this thread is coming from you.  Since particulates don't have wings they travel on other particles.  Masks reduce the amount of particles that pass through and reduce the force propelling those smaller viral particles around the environment.  If you want to test this just put you hand in front of your mouth as you cough with and without a mask.

So even a cloth math works to some extent to stop you from spreading your disease to others.

...and an N95 mask works significantly better and protects the wearer as well.

It's particle physics.  Yes I studied Nuclear Engineering and yes it's been the same particle physics forever regardless of what silly politics are involved with it.

Sorry some can't wrap their head around the #basic probably high-school level Physics and common sense.

...and I know this is hard to believe - but you can understand the science and still disagree with them making N95s mandatory. (Most) Humans have this incredible ability to do something called reasoning!

-snip-

FYI:

Reducing the amplification cycles (which they should have done in the first place, based on testing to see what cultures will still infect using whatever processing is used) will just drive the IFR up and make them look crappy that way. They can't win.

See the link in my post above for an actual test of the virus itself, instead of doing the equivalent of bench racing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:38:03 AM EDT
[#47]
I wont argue about wearing an effective respirator correctly making a difference, agree it will protect the user.  Based on my observation most people would still fail even with a good respirator because they dont cover their nose.  The whole mask thing is bs mind control.  I cant stand the people who say wearing a dirty piece of cloth makes a difference.  I ask them what study shows that difference?  None.  None, but trust the science.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#48]
I get free N95s at work. I wear them there and when I go out shopping.

No change for me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:43:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

My favorite part was how most hospital workers get headaches from hypoxia caused by the masks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI:

Shhh.

Don't dare mention how gases are far harder to filter than even viruses.

"It doesn't filter small enough to stop viruses, but it magically impedes oxygen!"

Yeah, some people get headaches using them. Humans are complex, who knu?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:46:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wont argue about wearing an effective respirator correctly making a difference, agree it will protect the user.  Based on my observation most people would still fail even with a good respirator because they dont cover their nose.  The whole mask thing is bs mind control.  I cant stand the people who say wearing a dirty piece of cloth makes a difference.  I ask them what study shows that difference?  None.  None, but trust the science.
View Quote

@Sandlewood_3
https://msphere.asm.org/content/5/5/e00637-20

Actually tested them against the virus. Go read it for yourself, thats the study, not some reporter's take on it. Pdf link for it is on the page.

I have to say, I still have to suppress the urge to laugh when I see people with it under their nose, or constantly fiddling with it, as if it's not a dirty filter full of stuff you don't want to spread.  I swear, I wonder if people that do that also swish their hands around in the toilet after they take a dump.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top