BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
THINK OF POOR TAPCO, HOW WILL THEY SURVIVE?!
View Quote

They'll be fine, they've got the lucrative custom SKS market cornered.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT NOW I HAVE TO BUY AN AK
View Quote

Is it wrong that I hear those posts in the BRETT voice from Archer.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
That folding stock wants to mate with my Draco
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#4]
So does the Zhukov folder still need an adapter to fit a stamped gun, or is that an all inclusive package? If so that's a good price.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
THINK OF POOR TAPCO, HOW WILL THEY SURVIVE?!
View Quote

Armslist . com
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Just when I was finally satisfied with the way my AK looked.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I laughed at the Putin pic.
View Quote

This. But fuck, that side folder is ugly
Stormwerkz/manticore Side folder triangle for me
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

All inclusive. Take off com-bloc stock, install Zhukov or MOE. No mods. No extras.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So does the Zhukov folder still need an adapter to fit a stamped gun, or is that an all inclusive package? If so that's a good price.

All inclusive. Take off com-bloc stock, install Zhukov or MOE. No mods. No extras.

Welp, sign me up for one of those.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Guessing we're not going to see AR items in Plum?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Guessing we're not going to see AR items in Plum?
View Quote

Plum AK's are sexy.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Excellent.  Glad to have MagPul in the AK game.

As soon as the mags prove reliable and durable, I'll take a bushel.  

I still have a hard time with non-traditional looking AKs, and so the stocks will take some getting used to.  Also, how far out does that hinge protrude?  And can you operate the safety with the stock folded?  (Basically rhetorical questions).

Looking good, MagPul!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#13]
The AK purist in me hates it.

The Tier 0 operator in me wants to sex it.

I'm torn.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Tag for home.

Not happy with the listed AK mag price.  Not competitive with mil surp.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tag for home.

Not happy with the listed AK mag price.  Not competitive with mil surp.
View Quote

That's not who they are competing against. These are to compete with $29 US Palm metal reinforced mags and $40 Circle 10 composite mags. $12 eastern block steel mags will always be the cheapest.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#16]
In for a folding stock.

And probably the MOE front.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#17]
like the shout out to Russian Standard Vodka!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#18]
cool
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I want ak74 magazines
View Quote

In 5.56 for SLRs
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Anyone know's how this is vs Parabellum rail cover (for regular AK's):

http://www.parabellumarmament.com/AKARS.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just want someone that sells replacement or railed top covers for the M92 Pap instead of the drill and tap small rail segments.

www.texasweaponsystems.com

Anyone know's how this is vs Parabellum rail cover (for regular AK's):

http://www.parabellumarmament.com/AKARS.html

Their left side charging handle gas tube replacement has me in the "sort of want" category.

Only "sort of want" because its $156 dollars, though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Can we have more pictures of the AK stock Please?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Do want. Hate the stock, stock on me SGL-21
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#24]

kick ass
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would hold up on that idea until someone comes up with a reliability improvement for the AK.

Oh wait, that's been done, and the guns are boat anchors:  The Rk62, Rk76, Rk92, Rk95 and Galil series.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just dropped on Facebook:

New For 2015 in the Magpul AK lineup:
PMAG30 AK/AKM GEN M3 -7.62x39 Steel Reinforced AK Magazine, MSRP $26.95

Zhukov-S Folding AK stock- Right side folder for stamped rifles, adjustable LOP, optional cheek risers, integrated QD socket on hinge. Allows use of side mounted optics, allows firing from folded position (without cheek risers). Wedge block interface allows easy fitment and requires no adapters. MSRP $99.95

Zhukov Hand Guard-Extruded and Machined anodized aluminum chassis with Polymer hand guard. M-LOK slots-side slots attach through to aluminum chassis. Ultimak compatible. Requires removal of Hand Guard retainer. Includes upper hand guard/gas tube cover. Fits stamped and milled rifles with 16.75-18.25mm barrels (Measured behind HG retainer) MSRP $99.95

MOE Stock-Fixed triangle stock for stamped rifles. Compatible with Magpul AK cheek risers. Includes storage compartment. Wedge block interface allows easy fitment and requires no adapters. MSRP $59.95

MOE AK Hand Guards- Both MOE Hand Guards install with stock hand guard retainer, extend further forward than stock hand guard, and include a blackened stainless steel heat shield. M-LOK slots. Ultimak compatible. Include upper hand guard/gas tube cover.
MOE AK- Fits AK-pattern rifles with no sling loop on hand guard retainer or rifles with loop removed. Symmetrical design extends forward of retainer on both sides. MSRP $36.95

MOE AKM- Fits AKM, AK-74, and AK 100 pattern rifles with sling loop on hand guard retainer. Allows use of sling loop or can be bridged with any M-LOK cantilever rail product. Asymmetric design requires no modification to rifle. MSRP $36.95

All AK furniture products will also be available in our new color-Plum.

All products shipping Spring 2015. More information and photos coming soon. These products will be at ATAC range day on Monday prior to SHOT show.

http://youtu.be/Er_eVvdGnKk

View Quote

that video
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Cross Peen Hammer, File and Picture of Putin riding a bear      Gotta love a company that isnt a fraid to inject a little humor now and then
View Quote

That wasn't humor, that was a genuine representation of the aspects of AK design and thought the narrator was correctly describing for those that don't know.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You must be in the advertising field then, since the general reaction to the clever and stark nature of the TEASER (it's not an advertisement in the traditional sense - but you know that, you're in the industry) has been overwhelmingly positive, it must SURELY take a trained eye like your own to spot the lack of style and substance. Please share some of your work!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The folder is interesting. Fuck magpuls ghey ad though. If im a company that makes a product with lots of style and lots of substance I want my commercials to reflect that.....by making an ad with lots of substance and style.

oh and that steel reinforce mag...winner.

You must be in the advertising field then, since the general reaction to the clever and stark nature of the TEASER (it's not an advertisement in the traditional sense - but you know that, you're in the industry) has been overwhelmingly positive, it must SURELY take a trained eye like your own to spot the lack of style and substance. Please share some of your work!

Dude, I AM in the ad industry and it was excellent. These are teasers, not "INFO INFO INFO BUY BUY BUY" spots.

Thumbs up and not just because I dig Magpul stuff. They're doing it all their way, and it's going to advance the industry as a result. Yeah, I said it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I would hold up on that idea until someone comes up with a reliability improvement for the AK.

Oh wait, that's been done, and the guns are boat anchors:  The Rk62, Rk76, Rk92, Rk95 and Galil series.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The thread you're looking for is here, I know you're familiar with it:
http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_1_5/1696148_AK_haters______Why_do_you_hate_the_AK_.html
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That wasn't humor, that was a genuine representation of the aspects of AK design and thought the narrator was correctly describing for those that don't know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Cross Peen Hammer, File and Picture of Putin riding a bear      Gotta love a company that isnt a fraid to inject a little humor now and then

Lol
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Along with the large bottle of Vodka

And drinking glasses instead of shot glasses for the Vodka...

Still waiting on the "Zhukov" polymer free float AR handguard though....
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Already dropped $100 on an ACE folder setup for my Zastava PAP a few years back. No other AK to mod except my M77 PS in .308
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I admit, I laughed when they took away the shot glasses and replaced them with the tumblers.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#34]
I like Midwest's AK rails better than that MOE.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#35]
I laughed at the pic of Putin riding a bear, and when they were talking about engineering with the hammer and bottle of vodka on the table.

I do NOT laugh at the tacicoolization of Comrade Kalshnikov's weapon.

Queue the pic!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#37]

appropriate user name is appropriate
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go gobble knobs in that other AK thread...
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I like the looks of the Zhukov furniture. Most railed AK handguards are just too short. Considering the way the 7.62x39 AK mags have such a steep curve, they often make adding vertical foregrips, lights and such awkward. The Zhukov handguard will give you the extra forward real estate to solve that problem.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Plum will be available!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Were gonna need a bigger trash can
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:27:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Dat folder
I can finally ditch the shitty triangle folder on my SLR106.

Here's to hoping for 5.56 AK Pmags! Circle 10s are gonna break me.
View Quote

That stock will not work on your 106, the rear trunnion wont allow it without major modifications to your receiver

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Holy shit, even in plum.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Putin pic and vodka consultants...

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just when I was finally satisfied with the way my AK looked.

View Quote

I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Fuck'n A!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:45:16 PM EDT
[#47]
My dick twitched for that folder.

Show me more so I can finish.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I want ak74 magazines
View Quote

ME THREE!!  

My 'primary' AK is a Saiga sporter conversion. I have a Hogue pistol grip and an Ace side folding stock, an AKARS dust cover/rail on it with a Lucid HD7 dot sight... but the front end is still Saiga. I'm wondering if the "Zhukov" handguard would stick right on there. I'd probably go for something like that.

But some 5.45 AK-74 p-mags? Yes please!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#49]
FINALLY!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#50]
"...designing with the latest tools and methods"  LOL at the TI-85.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top