BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This kid has a hell of a collection for 14 yrs old. Hell, there are some 30yr olds on this very board that are not that well armed.

37 year olds too.

I agree with MOGWAR.  Pics or this is just too good too be true.

BTW, Justakid, Welcome to the insanity.

No Expert

ETA Post 1968....a wonderful year.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]

"I do (Dads) computer tech stuff (he pays me pretty good to wipe his drive and do a reinstall every 4 months). Thankfully I pretty computer savy for my age and my Dad just isn't."

When my boy was this age he sure could have held me ransom for this.

He now is in the Army and I am screwed if anything goes wrong in the next three years.

Welcome, JustaKid

You sound like a good young man

And for some of you.

Careful guys...

I'm just sayin

GM

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I bet the collection you have listed is your fathers collection or you pulled the firearms listed out of a Guns & Ammo magazine.

What I need from you is a picture of one of those firearms sitting on top of todays newspaper.

(Make sure the serial number is not pictured)

Well todays newspaper isn't gonna happen. How about this months Maxim and requested firearms from my list arranged specifically?

Since a lot of you guys are doubting me go ahead and put up.

How about a basic Team Membership?

If I cannot produce you will have publically owned me on this forum and you will be able to clown me at every opportunity.

But IF I can produce how about a Basic Team Membership? This way you actually help the site. It's win/ win.

I gotta borrow my Dads digital camera for the pics. So who's game?

I'll be back later....my Mom is making Calzones.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
That's nice, nobody cares. Really.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe I could show you the credit card statements, our home address and the times we will and won't be home. hr

Nobody's asking that. hinking.gif

BTW, that sounds an aweful lot like OPSEC card pulled by spec ops posers when they are pressed.

I'm not sure I'm gonna find a way to prove they are mine and not my Dads that will satisfy you.

Probably not. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence . . .  I just think it's odd that you came here and announced your entire collection first thing. For all I know, you may own all those (and if so, props to you), but I don't think yours was the best way to go about telling us. It's a pretty tough crowd here, and you're gonna have a hard time convincing anyone or gaining credibility.

I can produce. You up for the Team Membership when I do?

As for my first post. I didn't know there was a specific protocol. I thought it was a gun forum.

I posted my collection (which is pretty tame compared to some guys I know who post here) so you wouldn't think my only experience is airsoft and counter strike.

I don't consider the claim I made extraordinary.

But hey you called me on it. Balls in your court. You up for it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll believe this when I see pics of you holding your student ID and all those guns lined up.hr

Yeah, I hate to do it, but I'm calling jobrelatedstuff.com/images/smilies/anim_bs.gif on that gun collection until further evidence proves otherwise.

Not even one cheapy in that list. hinking.gif

Well let's make this interesting.

You guys are certain I don't have these guns. What are you willing to bet? I could always use some extra mags.

No one said they were "certain" that you didn't. I said I was calling BS until more evidence proves otherwise. I stand by that and still call BS until YOU prove otherwise.hr

Fair enough.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anyone know what state you can own a pistol at age 14?  Just wonderin?

As I understand it...any state.

Obviously I didn't walk into a gun shop and buy it by myself. Obviously my Dad helps me with my collection in many ways.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
good evening.

i wouldn't be so quick to call bullshit on this kid.  he could very well be like my 15 year old who built himself an ar and a 1911 last fall and also has a mauser that he bought from me and a .22 that was left him by his grandfather.  no .38 yet.

of course, my kid has a progressive and very cool father, who has encouraged his interest in both guns and machining his whole life.  while i have helped him some, he has paid for most of his 'stuff' himself.  i pay him $100.00 a month as an allowance, which is his discretionary money.  he also works some here and there and has since he was 12.

while his collection isn't quite JustaKid's yet, i am sure that it will be soon.

all of my children started shooting as soon as they were physically and emotionally mature enough to understand and accept the responsibility of it.  that was usually about age 5 or 6.  they are all pretty good shots and very responsible young people.

i find it offensive that there are so many supposedly mature people here whio are so ready to jump on someone else for whatever reason.  where did we lose the idea of giving another person the benefit of the doubt?  let this kid either prove that he is what he says he is or prove himself a troll on his own.  

Kid, i welcome you here also.  today we go to the zoo.  i hope you show us that you are 'for real' and go on to become a productive member and citizen.

ok.  i am offa my box now.

peace.
billr
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#10]
16-

AR (Built myself)
M1 carbine
M38 Mosin Nagant
CZ24 Mauser

and about 4 other hunting rifles and shotguns that are "necessary"

justakid, your parents must be rich, where do you get the money for all that?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow, I was just 14 a few years ago and I wished I could have half of that! Nice to see more younger members like myself, just keep a cool head and enjoy the old guys ramble about "The good old days..."
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm, Interesting-
TO the TEAM Forum
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Probably not. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence . . .  I just think it's odd that you came here and announced your entire collection first thing. For all I know, you may own all those (and if so, props to you), but I don't think yours was the best way to go about telling us. It's a pretty tough crowd here, and you're gonna have a hard time convincing anyone or gaining credibility.

To be honest with you, I felt pretty eager to brag about my collection at his age as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It's not uncommon for young people to "own" firearms insofar that their dad actually owns them, but the kids money is what went over the counter at the gun store. When the kid reaches legal age, the weapon is now fully his.

Thats the way my "transactions" have been.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe I could show you the credit card statements, our home address and the times we will and won't be home.

Nobody's asking that.

BTW, that sounds an aweful lot like OPSEC card pulled by spec ops posers when they are pressed.

I'm not sure I'm gonna find a way to prove they are mine and not my Dads that will satisfy you.

I can produce. You up for the Team Membership when I do?

As for my first post. I didn't know there was a specific protocol. I thought it was a gun forum.

I posted my collection (which is pretty tame compared to some guys I know who post here) so you wouldn't think my only experience is airsoft and counter strike.

I don't consider the claim I made extraordinary.

But hey you called me on it. Balls in your court. You up for it?

No, I am not going to buy you a team membership for a picture of some guns that, for all I know, belong to your dad or someone else. Again, if you get thousands of doallars from your dad, then good for you. In most parts of the country 14 year-olds don't have that kind of cash. You claim to have four plus thousand dollars worth of guns and then come back and say "But it is range time and ammo that kill my cash flow more than anything. Well that and movies and mall food with my girlfriend." So you've spent more on that stuff then you have your guns?  That would put you at over $8,000 spent on things. Most people haven't earned, let alone spent, that much money until they are nearing the end of their teens.

Sorry, I'm just very incredulous when it comes to people making abnormal claims on the internet.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#16]
My son is 8 and he has two guns. I bought them for him. Gifts.

It’s not that hard to earn 6 to 8 K in two years for an industrious young man. No bills.

I'm not calling BS just yet.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Im just flat out curious. Nice well rounded collection if ya have it. Waiting on pics
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Holy shit! how much do you get paid for work around the house?

ETA when I was your age I thought I was well Armed with a Soviet SKS, a HR 12Guage, and a 10/22

I'm always scheming a way to get more cash.  Dad pays me pretty good to wipe his drive

Sorry...couldn't resist! Just kidding kid! WELCOME
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#19]
So long as you like guns you're already a lot cooler than most folks I meet on a daily basis.  Pics or no pics, welcome to the board!!  You're a lucky young man to have so many cool toys!  When I was your age, all I had was a couple of Crossman BB guns.  oh well, I make up for that now!!

--VT

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Im just flat out curious. Nice well rounded collection if ya have it. Waiting on pics

+1

So wheres the pics?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Here's most of them with this month's Maxim for authetification.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/JustaKidRome/Arfcom1.jpg
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#22]
nice collection, but is it really yours?

ETA: do you like your women like your guns?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
nice collection, but is it really yours?hr

Yeah...um hey Dad. I know it's late and it's a school night but can I real quick like borrow your AR15, Remington, Beretta, HK and SIG? Don't worry Dad I'm in my room with a Maxim and on the internet. Nothing to be concerned about.....I'm not really planning anything.

They are mine in the sense that my father would tell you they belong to me and I have them in my room under my control. They are also mine in that I paid for most of them except the ones that were gifts like the Colt and the FAL.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I know that my daughter is only 11 and has had her own 1022T with Leupold and a Winchester 1300 Youth Model 20 gauge for about 4 years.  Why shouldnt a 14 year old have a few firearms?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#25]
WOW!  Awesome collection!  I regisTered heRe when I was 12.  Dad left the computer on LOL!  I nOw have an M16A1, Sig220, 870 super magnum, and a 10/22 with a 50rd. clip.  I'm Looking at a Vulcan AR-15 to ease my Black rifle disease at the moment.  WeLcome to the site, I got to go (mom has burgers on the table and the trash needs taken out).  Catch ya later.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
nice collection, but is it really yours?

ETA: do you like your women like your guns?

Yeah...um hey Dad. I know it's late and it's a school night but can I real quick like borrow your AR15, Remington, Beretta, HK and SIG? Don't worry Dad I'm in my room with a Maxim and on the internet. Nothing to be concerned about.....I'm not really planning anything.

They are mine in the sense that my father would tell you they belong to me and I have them in my room under my control. They are also mine in that I paid for most of them except the ones that were gifts like the Colt and the FAL.

didnt mean to offend you.  it was a joke after all of the other responses.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#27]

[rootbeer]

HH
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

i63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/JustaKidRome/Arfcom1.jpg

If you just took that picture, then please take another one with a hand-written sign that says:  "ARFCOM IS FILLED WITH SUSPICIOUS IDIOTS"

Considering that YOU suggested the Maxim instead of today's newspaper, the overly suspicious people who just assume that you had this picture all along.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Guys, with all due respect,
cut the kid a break.

Again, Welcome JustAKid.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#30]
well he HAS stuck around thus far so...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you just took that picture, then please take another one with a hand-written sign that says:  "ARFCOM IS FILLED WITH SUSPICIOUS IDIOTS"

Considering that YOU suggested the Maxim instead of today's newspaper, the overly suspicious people who just assume that you had this picture all along.

+1 I like that idea. Im not calling BS. I think it was Daddys checkbook that paid for them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:39:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I like that idea. Im not calling BS. I think it was Daddys checkbook that paid for them.

I'm well on my way to calling BS at this point.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top